Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Cadillac CTS Lease Questions

Comments

• caddyhuntercaddyhunter Member Posts: 2
    Thanks the agreed selling price is 29,281 and total out of pocket is 2,415 Thanks again.

Caddyhunter
  • milsey2milsey2 Member Posts: 12
    2007 CTS - 2.8L with some options
    MSRP - $37,620
    Invoice - $34,483
    What should the down payment and monthly rate pre tax be on a great 36 or 39 month lease - 12K miles per year?
    How much more would an extra 1K miles per year add?
    Thank you.
  • aldogger2001aldogger2001 Member Posts: 1
    I am inquiring about the following lease deal:

2007 CTS
    MSRP: $36,390.00
    less -$2,200 lease incentive
    Offer price = $34,190

Amount leased $34,190.00 plus tax, tags, docs

$3,500 down

10K miles/yr.

$329 for 39 months

Do you think it is possible/worthwhile to get them to move on the MSRP
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    If you can't get a Cadillac dealer to move off MSRP on a CTS it's because you're not trying hard enough. There's a new model coming out in about four months and the last thing a dealer wants is a lot full of last year's leftovers!
  • joem11joem11 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,
    Can you tell me what the current GMAC residual percentage and finance factor would be on a 2007 CTS for a 39 month lease with 15,000 miles per year? I am thinking that I should be targeting a purchase price about $500 under the Edmunds invoice price. Does that sound right or are there incentives that would warrant a lower target?
  • anf_kidanf_kid Member Posts: 1
    I wanted to know how much a 24 month lease on a CTS with a MSRP of $38,220.00 with 15,000 miles/year would cost me if I prepaid the lease? I also get GMS pricing. Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi milsey2. This car's lease payment will vary depending upon the selling price that you are able to negotiation on it. I believe that General Motors is currently providing $2,900 lease cash on the 2007 Cadillac CTS. Let's say that you were able to get this car for $500 over invoice, which would really be $2,400 under invoice after the lease cash is taken into account. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Cadillac CTS that has an MSRP of $37,620 and a selling price of $32,083 ($34,483 - $2,900 lease cash + $500) through GMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $414. With 15,000 miles per year, the payment for an otherwise identical lease of this car would increase to around $443.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi aldogger2001. Unfortunately, this is not a very good deal. It appears as though you are not receiving any sort of dealer discount on the CTS that you are interested in. Always remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Shop around for the lowest possible selling price that you can get on the CTS that you are interested in before talking payments. I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over dealer invoice minus the available lease cash on an '07 CTS right now. You can look up the dealer invoice price of the exact car that you are interested in by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. Also, make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Cadillac CTS: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

I noticed that you are considering making a $3,500 down payment on your CTS. I personally always advise consumers against making large down payments when leasing. Those who make them risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings joem11. Here's the information that you're looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac CTS 2.8L or 3.6L with 15,000 miles per year are 3.95% and 50%, respectively. If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a price of $500 over invoice minus the lease cash that is available on it, putting your capitalized cost well under invoice.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • socalkidsocalkid Member Posts: 8
    Here's a little advice - WAIT FOR THE 2008 CTS. Trust me, please. The '08 is going to blow doors on the '07 and you're going to be left feeling bad for the entire lease of your '07 CTS. Don't panic.
  • selorchselorch Member Posts: 2
    There is currently $1,500 of marketing support on the CTS Bose. Is it possible to use this money to reduce the $2,999 down payment for the $299/mo lease?
  • bobputbobput Member Posts: 22
    YEH- but isn't GM known for letting 1st year buyers do their Beta testing of new model's defects ???? I'm trying to do the Bose ED 39 mo.lease special- $2200 GM support !-- but dealer tells me I can't get 1 with must-have Stabilitrak (17" or 18" wheel pkg) without a lot of other options, including NAV (I have a $300 portable GPS that does that!!!)-- can anyone find/have what I need ??? BOB in TAMPA
  • caddiguycaddiguy Member Posts: 4
    Hi- I just left the Caddi store in VA with a lease offer:

2007 CTS Bose Edition
    (black,sunroof,Bose stereo,lux.package)
    MSRP $37,072
    Price $33,667

DOWN: tax, title, first month payment
    MILES: 15K/Yr. , 39 Months
    PAYMENT: $463(no tax in payment in VA)
    CAP COST : $2200 lease incentive and $1205 discount =$3405
    We started at a $500 payment and got to $463
    Sound good to anyone??
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    No. Just my opinion, but you should be able to buy/lease a CTS for invoice anywhere in the country. You're probably leaving at least $800 on the table. If you can wait about four months, you'll save even more when the 2008's start to roll into showrooms. I figure the fire sale will start in late June (end of month, end of quarter, almost end of model year and end of production run).

Whatever you do, don't buy one--the depreciation will kill you.
  • jeeppirate1jeeppirate1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello. I was interested in this deal for my mom who likes the deal on this car. Can you advise if it's a decent deal. She is in her 60's and doesn't drive alot except to work and friends.

2007 Cadillac CTS

$249 per month/$249 down plus TTL
    MSRP $32,600; 39 month Smart Buy; $2900 down payment assistance on 2.8 liter from GMAC, WAC. Final Payment of $17,930; 10K miles per year.

I talked to a sales person and if I understood him correctly he said that we would need a little less than $2,000 down for TTL which does include the $249 down.

Thank you in advance.
    Hi selorch. I do not believe that General Motors' normal dealer cash incentives are compatible with GMAC's special lease program. Having said this, GM is providing a special $2,200 cash incentive on GMAC leases of CTS 3.6L Bose Edition models that can be used to help you negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease. I'm sure that GM's advertised lease payment for the '07 CTS already takes this cash into account, but like most manufacturers' advertised lease payments there is probably still a little meat on the bone so to speak. Consumers who shop around are usually able to beat the selling prices that official advertised lease payments are based upon.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello caddiguy. The car that you described has a spread of around $2,700 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. If I was in the market for one, I personally would want more than a $1,200 dealer discount on it. It wouldn't hurt to shop around with another couple of dealers to see if you can beat the price that you have been quoted. You've got nothing to lose by looking around. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Cadillac CTS: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Also, when negotiating your lease on this car, make sure that the dealer you are working with uses GMAC's current base lease rate of 3.95% to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jeeppirate1. I don't personally keep tabs on GM's SmartBuy program, but I can at least give you my opinion on this car's selling price. This is a very important number to know when leasing or entering into a balloon note (which the SmartBuy program is). Let me know what the selling price is and I will be happy to let you know what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • srqcaddysrqcaddy Member Posts: 6
    The dealer here in Sarasota, FL said that the $1500 is not compatible on the Bose Edition because of the $2200 discount that is already on the package. He did tell me that I would get the $2200 lease cash PLUS the $1500 marketing support on any other CTS without the Bose Package. My inquiry was for a GMS employee lease, not sure if that makes any difference on obtaining the additional $1500.
  • srqcaddysrqcaddy Member Posts: 6
    Carman, can you confirm 24mo/12k residual at 61% and 24mo/15k at 59% for the above car?

Also, anyone know if $34630 (CTS 3.6L Bose Ed. w/auto) is used as MSRP for lease or do they add the $2200 worth of "free" options ($1000 Stereo and $1200 sunroof) back to make the MSRP $36830?
  • golfman2golfman2 Member Posts: 4
    I am interested to know the residual and money factor for the 2.8L CTS for a 24 month lease at 10K per year.

A local dealer has a 2.8L with automatic for $169 per month with $1995 down plus $695 bank fee plus $169 first payment plus tax (which I estimate to be about $900) plus DMV fees (around $200). Total out-of pocket is around $3950. Normally, I think paying anything down is crazy for so many reasons, but I have $2000 in GM card points and a $1000 loyalty coupon from GM (to resolve a prior complaint I had). So my total out of pocket (including 1st month) would be $950 and I would have sweet monthly payments of $169. I assume this is a great deal, but I still am curious to know the residual and money factor.
  • salugasaluga Member Posts: 2
    I'm working with a dealer on a fully loaded 2007 CTS ... per the last e-mail, MSRP is 38,975 and "my price" would be $36,414 ... CTS 3.6L Bose edition with navigation system. Can I get any lower ? I'm new to leasing so not sure what to expect re monthly payment - we have't gotten to that part of the process yet .. he was suggesting 39 mo lease, and I'm thinking of the 12K mile option -- any thoughts ? I'm meeting him tomorrow a.m. - thanks
  • dumb_blondedumb_blonde Member Posts: 4
    What state is the person who negotiated a lease for $169/mo in? Gosh, I just tried to negotiate a lease and the best that I got was $378/mo plus tax with $6500 down plus another $1100 and DMV fees. That was for a 2.8L automatic that "stickered" at $34,000. Of course, I didn't make the "deal".

I am really annoyed with the dealer and with GM because they "advertised" a lease rate of $199/mo. with $3895 down plus DMV fees. The dealer told me that applied to "manual" only not an automatic. There was an additional charge for custom paint which increased the lease rate up to $378.00. How did they justify the total of almost $8000 up front vs the advertised rate? They didn't.

I think that a total of $5000 up front and $250 monthly payments for an automatic would be more than adequate. This is based upon a 39 month lease - 10K per year. (I don't like the up front money either..but I have been quoted as high as $11,000 up front in order to keep the payments lower).
  • bohle1bohle1 Member Posts: 1
    shop credit unions before gm- navy federal , for example
    has very little cash out of pocket

leasing and better residuals

the cts pricing is all over the lot and dosen't correspond to gm's ad-the quote's i've gotten in annapolis edge toward 5,000 down and a 585 p/mnth-thats the cts,bose with roof auto ,6t disc and pearl
    my 07 lacks some refinements front hand grips, heated and cooled seats-and should be able to run on unleaded, but mid grade gets better milage-should have fuel filler inside opener and holder for cap-looks as if 08 lacks the same-sport package has 2 versions of wing small and full-depends on dealership
  • salugasaluga Member Posts: 2
    I was able to negotiate a 39 mo lease, $450 per month, with $1195 down -fully loaded CTS - 3.6, Bose system, sunroof, luxury package,navigation system,heated seats... hope to pick it up tomorrow!
  • golfman2golfman2 Member Posts: 4
    The $169 per month is from a dealer in Suffolk County, NY. The deal was not negotiated but was, and has been, in the newspaper for several weeks. I have dealt with another of this owner's dealerships in the past -- he/she owns about 12 dealership of all makes -- and they have honored their newspaper ads without any gimmicks.

I don't care what anyone says -- in your case, there is no reason why the addition of automatic trans and premium paint (MRSP of around $2000 extra for these options) should raise the monthly lease payment from $199 to $378.00 and cause the downpayment to increase by over $2500. You should run from this dealer as fast as you can.
    Hi srqcaddy. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac CTS with 15,000 miles per year are 3.95% and 59%, respectively. The residual value for this lease would increase by 2% if you go with only 12,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey golfman2. See my previous post for the information that you are looking for. Since you only need 10,000 miles per year, add 4% to the 15k residual value that I mentioned. $169 per month with only $950 down is indeed an amazing deal on this car. It's so cheap that I should get one myself ;) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi saluga. The car that you described has a spread of at least $2,300 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Plus, General Motors is providing $2,200 lease cash on the '07 CTS 3.6L Bose Edition. This gives you a total of $4,500 to play with. The selling price that you were quoted looks as though it is still around $2,000 over invoice. If there is a decent level of competition in your area, you should be able to do better than that on a CTS right now.

Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • kushnerkushner Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

What would be a fair lease on a 2007 CTS Bose Edition with Luxury Package. The MSRP is $36,830. I live in New Jersey and also offered is a Conquest $1000.00 rebate to me. What should the lease work out to be for:

24 months/10K
    24 months/12K
    36 months/10K
    36 months/12K

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • gershongershon Member Posts: 2
    Hey i have someone who is interested in transferring over his 2006 CTS lease to me, and i am wondering if it is a good deal.
    I am located in NY and he is located in PA.
    There are 27 months remaining on the car, the monthly payment is 273.00 a month and I would be allowed 1080 Miles per month. The car had leather and sunroof and otherwise whats seems like all the basic features of a CTS. Do you guys think this a good deal?

Thanks!
  • tputmantputman Member Posts: 4
    Car_man said: "Plus, General Motors is providing $2,200 lease cash on the '07 CTS 3.6L Bose Edition...."

When I went to the dealer to look at a CTS, there was a $2200 discount on the sticker for the Bose edition promotion. Is that $2200 lease incentive above and beyond that?
  • m6_2005m6_2005 Member Posts: 9
    Hi -

I am trying to lease a demo vehicle--a 2007 Nissan Maxima SL. The odometer reads 5008 miles.

My question is: How is the residual values for demo cars determined for various lease terms? How would I determine the depreciated portion of this vehicle?

How exactly is this applied to the lease calculation?

Also, in leasing, what are some important factors in leasing a demo car vs. a new car to keep in mind?

THANK YOU in advance!!!
  • cts2007bosects2007bose Member Posts: 1
    I just picked my 07 CTS Bose 3.6L. I got a 39month/10K lease, $0 Down, First month due at Signing, $398 monthly taxes,all fees, tags, registration, etc included.

Is this a good deal?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • gershongershon Member Posts: 2
    Hey cts2007bose ,
    sounds like a decent deal, but keep in mind that this car will only look new for the next half a year. Next year (2008) they are coming out with a completely redesigned CTS.
  • jgreenbergjgreenberg Member Posts: 35
    I just was offered the following deal and would like some feedback as soon as possible:

39 Month/ 12 K per year - sign and drive (includes bank fee, taxes, MV, doc, first month)no out of pocket!!
    $478 per month

07 CTS 3.6L
    MSRP: $40,265 (includes BOSE package, NAV, 17" sport package, 3.6 Luxury package, automatic)
    Invoice (from Edmunds): $37,212

Selling Price: $37,865 (before applying rebates)
    Rebates: (after selling price) $3,200 ($2,200 lease and $1,000 non-GM rebate)
    Bank Fee:$695
    Doc: $75
    MV: $354
    Tire Fee:$7.50
  • 6ftladycop6ftladycop Member Posts: 4
    I am not sure about terminology with leased vehicles. I want to know what the term buy out means. :D
  • 6ftladycop6ftladycop Member Posts: 4
    If you have excellent credit during the initial lease of a vehicle and during your lease agreement you continue to pay your notes on time, but you have some other credit problems along the way, what happens at the end of the lease agreement? Since you will probably still need a car at the end of the agreement, what will the dealerships safely allow you to do in a bad credit situation? :cry:
  • ysautoysauto Member Posts: 42
    Is there a way to det the name of the dealer??
  • bcj0915bcj0915 Member Posts: 3
    looking to see if you can tell me the following:

-money factor
    -RV on 12K/ year - 3 year lease
    -RV on 12K/ year - 4 year lease

CTS Luxury Bose Edition - MSRP around $37K
    Hi kushner. This car's lease payment will depend upon what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate on it. The dealer invoice price of a 2007 Cadillac CTS Bose Edition with the Luxury Package is $34,138. For now, let's assume that you are able to get this car for $500 over dealer invoice. $34,138 + $500 - the $1,700 lease cash that is available on this model right now - $1,000 conquest cash = a capitalized cost of around $31,938. Using this cap cost and an MSRP of $36,830, I estimate that the 24 month, 12,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment for this car should be around $485. The 24 month, 10k payment would be around $455. The 36 month, 12k payment would be around $420. Lastly, the 36 month, 10k payment would be around $401.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi gershon. That certainly is a low monthly payment. I suspect that it is lower than what you would have to pay to lease a similar brand new CTS right now, but it wouldn't hurt to see exactly how much less it is before pulling the trigger. I'd be happy to work up a sample payment on a 27 month lease of a brand new CTS if you provide me with its MSRP and approximate selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi tputman. I haven't looked at the sticker for a Cadillac CTS in a while, but the lease cash that is available on the CTS Bose Edition (which is now $1,700) is available on top of any option package discount.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on getting your new CTS, cts2007bose. I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal, but it would much easier for me to do so if you were able to provide me with its full MSRP and selling price first. These numbers will show me how much of a discount you are being given and they will enable me to use GM's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jgreenberg. There is probably a spread of around $3,500 or so between the full MSRP and dealer invoice price of the car that you described. Plus General Motors is providing $1,700 lease cash and $1,000 conquest cash on it. That gives you a total of just over $6,000 to play with. It appears as though you are being given all of the cash incentives plus a dealer discount of $2,400. If this is correct, it would put you at a little over $1,000 over dealer invoice. That price isn't bad, but you may be able to shave another couple hundred dollars off if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition and you shop around. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Cadillac CTS: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Once you arrive at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer that gives it to you calculate your car's lease payment using GMAC's current base lease rate of 3.95%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi 6ftladycop. A buy out essentially is the price that you would have to pay to purchase your leased vehicle. Usually it is refers to the lend-of-term purchase price for your leased vehicle, or how much it would cost you to purchase your car at the end of your lease. You can look up the definition of any leasing terms that you are not familiar with in the following article: Leasing Glossary.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, bcj0915. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac CTS Bose Edition with 12,000 miles per year are 3.95% and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are 3.95% and 45%. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,700 lease cash that GM is currently providing on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • qwazrqwazr Member Posts: 12
    Car man,
    I am looking to lease a 2.8L CTS with Automatic...MSRP $31,870. Can you tell me the residual and money factor for a 36 month/10,000 mile lease?

Also, does the conquest cash ($1000) and lease cash ($1700) apply yo everyone? Are there any additional discounts for Cadillac loyalty? I am coming out of a DTS lease in August.
    Thanks!
  • felbie1felbie1 Member Posts: 14
    Im looking at the CTS and there are very few with this Bose Edition. I did find a dealer with one. With my GM Supplier Discount, The 1700 Bose Lease Incentive, and 1000 dollar GM Loyalty Incentive, they are quoting me 379/mo(PreTax) for 39 months 10kmiles a year, nothing down. Is this a good deal? Can I do better than this? They are saying with my GM Supplier Discount they cant charge me any more or less than GM Supplier Discount. The TMV On the vehicle is less than the Supplier pricing, I know the residual on the 36/12k but what is it for 39/12k?
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    I'm starting to look for another car, have always liked the CTS, so I'm letting my fingers do the looking..

This is the numbers I have found.

07 CTS w/Bose edition and 18" wheel Performance package
    white diamond exterior and Cashmere interior
    MSRP is $37,025
    Invoice $34,300
    TMV $34,690
    minus $ 3,000

So in theory I could get this car for $31,690. I see that GM has no lease specials for this car, so with the following # could you please give me lease quotes.

Say price of car is $34,300, minus 3K with zero out of pocket. For 24 and 36 month lease, with 15K/yr.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.