Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Cadillac CTS Lease Questions

Comments

• mb6mb6 Member Posts: 3
    Car Man
    I just put 50,000 miles on my 06 Accord in my new job. Exactly 12 months ago next week I took out a 60 month loan. I now need a bigger car for the road.
    2 questions:
    (1) The best road vehicle? Cadillac STS/DTS, Lincoln Town Car, Chrysler 300c, Lexus 460 or GS330h, or even Toyota Avalon.
    (2) Whatever I get will have 150,000 miles in 3 years….. Should I lease or buy?

MB6
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    MB6

the kind of car for you is ALL objective.... You need to do some leg work and check them out yourself..

Now regarding leaseing, I would RUN from a lease if you plan on driving 150K miles in 3 yrs. As far as trade in goes when cars have over 100K there isn't much value there. The best thing to do it pay cash for a car if you can.
  • mb6mb6 Member Posts: 3
    Car Man

Thanks for the input. At 50,000 miles per year I will stay away from a lease. However, cash is not an option. It's either a straight loan or GM smartbuy. Any preference?
  • jayhawk63jayhawk63 Member Posts: 4
    Car Man,

This is the numbers I have been quoted from emails.

07 CTS-V
    MSRP is $53,470
    Invoice $49,099
    TMV $49,473
    minus $ 3,000
    Tags,fees,taxes $2100

I am assuming I can get the car for $46,473, including 3K cash allowance. My trade in would decrease my taxes to $1K and another ~$300 for fees and $750 for tags. Could you please give me a lease quote for 24 and 36 month lease, with 12K/yr.

Thanks,
    Craig
  • jayhawk63jayhawk63 Member Posts: 4
    Car Man,

Do you still patrol this forum? Any news on Cadillac CTS-V lease numbers? Cap cost? Money factor for 36 or 48 month leases?

Thanks,
    Craig
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi qwazr. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.8L with 10,000 miles per year are 3.95% and 56%, respectively. The $1,700 lease cash is available on all Bose Edition CTS models. The $1,000 conquest cash is available to all owners of non-GM vehicles. These two offers can be combined. I don't believe that GM is currently offering any loyalty cash on the '07 CTS.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi felbie1. If you are able to get this car through General Motors' supplier purchase program, then you should be getting a good deal on it. I doubt that you will be able to do better than the supplier deal by negotiating on your own. GMAC's 39 month lease rate is the same as its 36 month rate, but its 39 month residual value is 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi flightnurse. General Motors is running a special lease program on the 2007 Cadillac CTS right now. Unfortunately, the $3,000 consumer cash that you mentioned is not compatible with GMAC's special lease program for this model. Having said this, GM is providing $1,700 lease cash on Bose Edition CTS models plus an additional $1,000 conquest incentive for current owners of non-GM vehicles. GMAC's current base lease rate for the '07 CTS is 3.95%. You can plug the above information, along with the prices that you were quoted into the formula that is outlined in the following article to work up a sample payment on this car: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mb6. Why do you need a bigger car? If I was in your situation, I personally would rather drive the Accord into the ground than get something new. Unless you made a very large down payment on your loan, you are likely very upside down on a one year old Accord that already has 50,000 miles on it. It will be much less expensive for you to continue to drive you Accord for another couple of years than it would be to pay off any money that you are upside down on it and then put a ton of miles on a more expensive vehicle. I definitely would not lease if I drove 50,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
    Mb6, GMAC's SmartBuy program is very similar to a lease. You probably would be best off going with a conventional loan on a car that you plan on putting 50,000 miles per year on.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Craig. GMAC's base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac CTS-V with 12,000 miles per year are 3.95% and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are 3.95% and 48%. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert these lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

the $3,000 customer cash that GM is providing on this car is not compatible with GMAC's lease program, but GM is providing a special $2,900 lease cash incentive that is. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your car's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • sderosesderose Member Posts: 10
    Any information yet on the 2008 CTS? If there is I would be interested in rates and residuals for 24 and 36 mos with 12,000 miles per year.

Thanks
  • threxxthrexx Member Posts: 42
    I'm interested in this as well.

I just went and test drove one and they said 71% for 24 months and 12k miles a year but then quoted the money factor at 6.15% which sounds high.
  • jabberjabber Member Posts: 64
    Carman,

Can you please respond to the 2008 CTS lease data? I'm interested as well in lease rates and residuals for 36 mos at 10K and 12K miles/yr.

Jabber
  • rem506rem506 Member Posts: 13
    I was quoted as follows:

24 month/15k miles: residual value 69%
    36 month/15k miles: residual value 59%

I was also told the interest rate was 5.9%.
  • emanjoeemanjoe Member Posts: 1
    I'm trying to keep my lease payments to around $600-$650.

This is what I received from my dealer without any negotiations:

Fully loaded MSRP $46,655
    $1,258 down

48 month/18k miles: residual value 50%: $767/mo
    48 month/15k miles: residual value 50%: $730/mo

Interest rate 5.15%

They also offered me $1000 rebate because I owned a non-GM luxury car.

I did the lease calucator and the numbers don't add up to the ones I got from the dealer. Could someone help me out? Give me some tips on how to lower my payment to $600-$650 range. Thanks.
  • rem506rem506 Member Posts: 13
    There is a $500 Cash to Dealer incentive running until 10/01/07 according to Edmunds. See if you can get the dealer to pass that through to you now that you are aware of it. That will help somewhat.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/cadillac/cts/100905465/incentives.html#leasing
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    There is definitely something really screwy in your number. You didn't mention how tax is handled in the state that you live in. Without tax, the lease payment should be around 636 a month assuming that you pay MSRP and your upfront downpayment pay for the vechicle license, acquisition cost etc. The best way to get a better deal is to negotiate with more than one dealer and the residual they quoted you is screwy. I don't know if GM even offer 18K mi/year lease, but the residual would not be the same as 15K mi... May be you can insist on getting a break down on cap cost, interest rate (which you already have), residual (which you have) and additional fee (some document fee and acquisition cost is legit.. but other may not be legit).. Try using this calculator to play around with the number that you get from one or more dealer...

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
  • jhyoojhyoo Member Posts: 13
    Anyone get any good quotes or leases lately?
  • hemi05hemi05 Member Posts: 5
    Oct 1, 2007 I tried to order 2008 CTS with 300 HP engine, PDP luxury collection ($2600), crystal red tintcoat ($995), all-wheel drive ($1900), and luxury level two package ($2025), but each time we selected the luxury level two package, GM's order system would remove all-wheel drive. Apparently you cannot get luxury lever two package with all-wheel drive. Anyone experience this problem?
  • hemi05hemi05 Member Posts: 5
    I ordered '08 CTS on 10-1-07:
    2008 CTS w/1SB 34,545
    AWD 1,900
    Red paint 995
    PDP luxury 2,600
    Destination chrg 745
    Total MSRP 40,785 (residual = 72%)
    After GM supplier discount, my buy price was $38,192.
    27 month lease, 10k miles/yr, rate/money factor 4.40.
    Base monthly paymt=$476.88, + PA tax $42.92, total=$519.80/mo. I'm pre-paying entire lease @519.80x27=14034.60 (less possible incentives, if available at delivery, of $1000 "conquest" and $500 dealer cash=$12,534.60.
  • therock13therock13 Member Posts: 1
    Have access to the GM Supplier Discount. Understand GM has $1,000 Conquest Incentive and $500 Marketing Support. Are these programs compatible with Leasing under the Supplier discount program. Also, looking @ at 36/39 Month lease. What interest rate is currently out there.
  • sderosesderose Member Posts: 10
    You are absolutely correct. There is some new ordering pattern that you can not get the AWD with the Lux 2 package unless I believe you get the premium luxury group and even then apprently you can not get the performance suspension. I was all set to buy and cancelled my order because of it.
    Can someone please tell me the residual and money factor for an 08 CTS w/ direct injection with the Premium Luxury Collection and all wheel drive. I'm looking for either a 24 or 36 month with 18,000 miles per year.
  • walkerctswalkercts Member Posts: 2
    jhyoo - Over the weekend I got .057 money factor, .69 residual for 08 w/ direct injection with the Premium Luxury collection and rear wheel on a 24 month, 15K lease. That's a start I guess. I tried for a better factor but they wouldn't budge. They could tell I wanted that car. So far worth every penny.
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    "jhyoo - Over the weekend I got .057 money factor"

do you mean 5.7%? GM normally quote interest rate not money factor.. A money factor of 0.057 translate to 13.68% of interest.. It is way too much.. The 69% residual is very good number. I leased an 07 G35 in May and the residual was 66% for 2 yrs/12K mi.. So GM is thinking highley of CTS at this point which make leasing a CTS a good proposition. And if it is a 5.7% interest, it make the car a lease bargain..
    The numbers that I got from the dealership were 59% residual and 6.25% MF for 36 month / 18k miles. I got a quote for an 08 with DI, Premium luxury package, and AWD for $42,013. MSRP was $45,355 and invoice was $41,399. Not too bad. It came out to roughly $670 per month including taxes (7.4%). I passed it up and going with an 08 FX35 AWD w/Tech, HF, and Touring for $650 per month on a 24 month lease.
  • piasonpiason Member Posts: 55
    Has anyone heard the Bose 5.1 surround sound in the new 2008 CTS?

- Is it worth the extra $1000?
    - I have 5.1 surround sound in my home and the only way to hear it is if you have a CD/DVD with 5.1. Does XM broadcast in 5.1 and what about FM?
  • walkerctswalkercts Member Posts: 2
    Yes, I do mean 5.7%. Sorry for the confusion.

I've been very happy with this car so far.
    Handling is great, very comfortable (I'm 6'4"), good jump with the 3.6L engine.

Hopefully Cadillac (and GM as a whole) can build more cars like this. This car will compete with the Acuras, BMW and Audis of the world. And might actually win.
  • smithsongasmithsonga Member Posts: 123
    Does anyone have the Nov 07 lease rates for the CTS DI?

Drove one today and loved it. It didnt have the sport pkg which I want and can imagine it is even better with it.

Anyone try the Navigation? this dealer was all out, curious how the popup works.
  • leslie12leslie12 Member Posts: 15
    I was quoted yesterday for an 08 cts with automatic all wheel drive, nav system, leather, sunroof in black.

The price was a total of $1500 total out of pocket, 10000 miles per year, 39 months for $484.00 a month. Was this an ok deal? Please advise. I have no idea how to do the calculations that you all talk about.....getting too old!
    You have to post the MSRP and final negotiated price.

How much of the $1500 was money down on the lease.
    Now I really feel stupid. I don't remember. I think the msrp was 43or 42k. I know that the $1525. included the first month's payment of 484, registration and plates, destination charge. The mileages is 10,000 a year. The car has voice navigation, satellite, cd and stereo, leather and lumbar seats, awd, moonroof, heated seats, auto start - think it has cts4 on back of it. It is black, so no premium on paint, regular tires. I have no clue about packages or whatever. They first started at $595. Oh, and they paid last month of the lease (which was $450.)
    Are there so many things involved? Now again, I feel dumb.

I have no plans to buy at end of 39 month lease. I thought this seemed ok. Help!
    ok,

Here is it....I guess I misunderstood or they....? Please advise.

MSRP: $42705. Car is RWD, Premium collection w/ navigation.
    Down Payment: 600
    First month's pay: 484.
    NJ tire fee: 7.50
    Reg. Title Fee: 354.
    Doc. Fee 75.
    Total OOP: $1520.50

Money Factor: 5.7

Now can anybody tell me if I got taken advantage of or not? They wanted me to get car today, put it off till tomorrow.

Thanks.
  • ddeliseddelise Member Posts: 353
    It sounds like a very good deal. But, to be sure, I need to know the agreed upon selling price, anyrebates/incentives, the aquisition fee, the final capitalized cost, and the residual value (either percent or actual dollar amount). Also, is there a trade-in involved that is knocking some amount off of the capitalized cost?

Damon
    Don't know about agreed upon selling price, or any of the other things. There is no trade involved.
    Well - I can make an educated guess on the sell price, rebate, acquisition fee, and residual to make the calculations, but it will only be that, an educated guess.

However, (and don't take this the wrong way) - if I were you I would call the salesperson and get that information. To me, it is important to know how much I am buying the car for, for instance.
    I would like your educated guess. When I called today to say I would get vehicle tomorrow (wanted me to pick up car today),the sales person was NOT happy - kind of took a take it or leave it attitude.

Educated guess would be appreciated.
    Ok - here are my calculations/estimates. Looks like you have a fair deal overall.

I've test driven the car - it's awesome - so enjoy!

Residual 62.00% Estimate
    Months 39
    Interest Rate 5.70%

MSRP $42,705
    DISCOUNT $2,900 Estimate - this is just about paying invoice price.
    REBATE $1,000 Estimate
    CAPITALIZED COST REDUCTION $600
    ACQUISITION FEE $600 Estimate
    CAPITALIZED COST $38,805
    RESIDUAL $26,477

MONTHLY DEPRECIATION $316
    MONTHLY INTEREST $155
    PAYMENT $471
    NJ TAX @ 6% $28.27
    TOTAL PAYMENT $499.41

Damon
    Thanks for getting back to me. I was beginning to think that I might have gotten royally taken advantage of.

I guess the biggest disappointment for me was that I originally thought that I was getting AWD, and only to find out that it was RWD. But when I brought that up I got a comment that it would cost me more. It is amazing how sales people can turn on the charm when they want and be so abrupt when they think they have you!

The payment that I will be paying is $484. with tax included btw.

If you think it is a fair deal then I guess I will go ahead. I think that there are very few deals of the century so to speak!

Thanks again for your help!
  • discount80discount80 Member Posts: 27
    How do I figure out what my payments would be? Im lookin at the CTs with a MSRP of 38,000 and I have an audi a6 lease that I owe 11 payments of 696.00 . Anyone know of how to do this? Thanks for the help.
  • christina271christina271 Member Posts: 65
    what dealer in NJ are you using?
    goldcoast....why?
    Just wanted to say thank you for your help. I picked-up my car today. It really is a beautiful car.

I enjoyed my '05 CTS, but the drive on this one seems to be much smoother and quieter. The "pause, rewind and play" feature on the radio/satellite is just such a nice feature. Unfortunately it was a rainy day, so I did not do very much driving, but the little I did was really enjoyable.

Thanks again for your help!
    You are welcome. It's a sweet ride - I'm jealous!

Enjoy.

Damon
    One more question for you. On your lease contract, it should say what rebates and/or $ amount of the rebates that were deducted from your capital cost. Do you have that figure handy? I too am coming up on a GMAC lease end soon, and am wondering if there are some program benefits that they applied to your deal that I might be also eligible for.

Thanks - Damon
    That is my local dealer as well. Good to hear that you had a good experience there. Our salesman seems to know nothing about the new cts.
    Car Man,

I was quoted 530/month on a 39 month lease with 10k miles a year on a CTS with an MSRP of 42,380. This figure included 7% sales tax. The first number we were given was 697, and 50/month was taken off a few times to get the price to 530. The salesman was vague about how he reached this number and didn't explain what rebates were being used towards this deal. We qualify for the Luxury Conquest of $1000 and received a $2000 coupon from GM that could be used to pay remaining lease payments or apply towards the new car.at first the salesman told us the offers could be combined, but came back and said they couldn't. We are definitely getting the run around considering someone on this board just got a near identical car from the same dealer for 484. What is a fair lease price for this car and what is the residual and MF?Thanks!!
    Caddy dealerships really seem shady with their finance terms. Check the residual and money factor/interest very closely. Also, check for adders to the capital cost listed.

From what I can gather, the current interest rate is 5.7%. Residual for 39 mth, 10k miles is about 61-62%. for 15k miles, subtract another 3% residual.

use the MSRP, your sales price and your sales tax and use online lease calcs to get estimate to use as ammunition at the dealer.

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm

I went in as a GM employee family member, so my price is fixed and very good...they proceeded to offer a 6.7% interest lease and added $600 acq fee to the cap cost. He didnt even blink when I said the interest was high. We walked as the car wasnt even at the dealership yet, but it would have been fun to haggle...I think i would have asked to walk straight into the finance manager office.

Good luck.
  • soflkurtzsoflkurtz Member Posts: 14
    Can someone post the latest residuals for 24, 30, 36, and 39 months at 12K and 15K miles? I am about to see delivery of my new CTS and would like to be fully prepared.

Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.