2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    btroydelbtroydel Member Posts: 11
    Definitely find out the Resid and MF from the dealer. It will make your salesman realize you know what you're talking about. It might be tough to really negotiate the net cap price on that car because of the specific packages you want.

Overall the price seems a little on the high side, despite the small down payment. I would be aggressive and use the multiple dealership/ladder approach. Get a little better price from each dealership and when each one asks you when you can come in or what they can do to get you to come in you just keep telling them you have a better offer and keep inching at it.

I got my lease on 09 g37x prem nav from 2500 down and 498 a month to 2500 down and 430 a month, as well as negotiating them to give me $3K more for my trade in than originally quoted. All I did was call up 4 dealerships and worked the system. good luck.
  • Options
    sheeedsheeed Member Posts: 10
    infiniti of englewood was offering 8500 of msrp on 2009 g37s...with the lease calculator i was getting AN AMAZING number...had to be incorrect lol

8500 of worked out to a selling price of about 36400 and the dealer said I could use MSD's...im going to see him tommorow...[non-permissible content removed] even with ur cap cost i could get a great deal using MSD's
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, coop73.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hi lwv. Here's the information that you're looking for. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 G37 Sedan Journey 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00173 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hello clsmooth. Infiniti's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 G37 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00202 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Here you go, gusbuf. Infiniti Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 G37X Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00175 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00189 and 60%.

IFS' 36 month, 12k numbers for the '09 G37X Sedan are .00105 and 56%. Its 39 month numbers are .00125 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hi rm5001. Here's the info that you're interested in. Infiniti Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 G37 Sedan Journey 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00173 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Other than $1,000 for loyal customers, I do not believe that Infiniti is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi jpr51. To me, the best way to tell if a lease is a good deal is to look at the MSRP and selling price of the car that you are considering leasing. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are bring given and if there is any room left to negotiate.

You already mentioned the MSRP, so just let us know what the selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi valueguy. I'm not Sewell, but I can help you out. Infiniti is currently providing a total of $3,500 dealer cash on purchases or $1,000 plus special money factors on leases of the 2009 G37 Sedan.

You can also choose to finance this car through IFS at 0% for 3 years, 1.9% for 4our to five years, or 3.9% or 6 years plus the $1,000 cash.

It's difficult to say what Infiniti's incentives will be like on leftover 2010 models at the start of the next model year. I personally don't see any reason why they would be any different than Infiniti's offers on leftover '09s right now, but that's a long time from now. A lot will depend upon what sales are like and how Nissan manages its production.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    I also managed to get $3K more for my iS trade-in than they originally quoted. So the swing went from -$500 to $5K in my favor.
  • Options
    sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    09 Sedan

Purchase: $1000 + special rates OR $3500
    Lease: $1000

Yes, eventually the 2010 will have the same type of offers (they slowly get better all the time).

If buying - I would lean to the 10...if leasing I would get the 09.
  • Options
    rm5001rm5001 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks, Car_man for providing current lease rates.
  • Options
    awd250awd250 Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2010
    I got mine for 36,099 with navi, msrp was 42,xxx. 448 a month nothing down
  • Options
    holmanmeisterholmanmeister Member Posts: 16
    Anyone have numbers on what they paid for a 09 or 10 g37x Coupe loaded?

Thanks,

Ashley
  • Options
    see my post

09 G37x coupe prem nav 2500 down 430/mo 39/12K
  • Options
    clsmoothclsmooth Member Posts: 8
    thanks car man. does the residual value differ at all based on the packages the car has? for example G37 6MT with nav vs without. does it have the same residual value??
  • Options
    What did u pay for the car? I found one where I live that is exactly what I want, but I want to know the deals people are getting... Thanks

-Ashley
  • Options
    g2369g2369 Member Posts: 60
    Thanks for the numbers.

Do you have the March money factor and residuals for a 2009 G37s Convertible?

36/15K
  • Options
    net cap cost 39,040
    resid 59%
    money factor .00175
    msrp 44,700 ish

That all comes out to around 436/mo, and from there I started negotiating between a couple dealers for the best $ on my trade-in and a lower monthly. I ended up getting 430, so really, the net cap is lower than 39,040, but once I got my 435 ballpark I just negotiated straight monthly from there.
  • Options
    is that a coupe or sedan?
  • Options
    jpr51jpr51 Member Posts: 5
    car man, thanks for your reply. The msrp was$39,400 - the selling price was 35,700 including $1000 loyalty. Thanks for your time- I really appreciate it
  • Options
    jsavojsavo Member Posts: 19
    Hi All,
    Thanks for a very useful forum.
    Requesting comments on the following offer:

'09 G37 Sedan, Sport/Nav/Premium
    41,375 MSRP
    36,139 Sell

Lease is 39 months / 12k/yr., 53% residual
    $519/mo.
    MF not provided and I have no previous lease loyalty.

Can I do better ?

Thanks,
  • Options
    I don't know much about how leases work... but I was originally looking at a GTI thinking I couldn't afford a G37... so why does it seem like people here are getting a 40k car for the price people are leasig GTI's for?? Does it just depend on money factors and whatever.

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    Make sure the resid is right on that, I think it might be 55%.
    definitely get the MF
    do you have a down payment?

To answer your question you can definitely do better, in my opinion. Let me know about the above.
  • Options
    jsavojsavo Member Posts: 19
    Thanks,
    No money down, first month.
    .00113 MF.
  • Options
    kris301kris301 Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2010
    I am wondering what the credit tiers are and corresponding MF's are on a 2010 G37x for 39 months? I have seen the top tier numbers, but what score ranges constitute tier 0, 1, 2, 3? And how do these MF numbers change. I want to make sure I go into dealer prepared...
  • Options
    gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    Leases depend on three things; Residual Value, Money Factor and the Cap Cost (Sale Price). The cheapest leases come from cars that have the highest residual, lowest money factor and the a low negotiated sale price.
  • Options
    g2369g2369 Member Posts: 60
    Can the $1500 manufactures cash be applied to a lease for 2010 G37s coupe (6mt)?
  • Options
    rlbjr2rlbjr2 Member Posts: 91
    So what would be the best way to order a car for a lease? Should I just finalize the purchase price at the time of order and then just plug in the residual and MF of the month that I pick up the car? I would like to get everything in writing before hand to prevent any surprises. Does this sound reasonable? Do you think residuals and MF's will change much over the next few months? I am planning on ordering a 2010 G37 Sedan Journey w/ Sport pkg. Thanks.
  • Options
    zxedzxed Member Posts: 18
    dealers claim that they get different incentives for purchase vs lease.... there might be very little truth to that... a friend who does work as a dealer states that in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter... however., when a vehicle is sold it counts towards a different tally versus a vehicle leased... some dealers will "sell" (purchases) at a loss just to get bigger sales numbers as that equals bigger kickbacks/bonuses from manufacturer.... anyway.

for my lease. i was $200 below invoice... not that great of a deal,. but they gave me a good $ amount on my trade in, so i took it., Mf's and % can change on a per week base... even though advertised MF's and %'s remain valid for the time advertised.
  • Options
    Since incentives change (and they usually get better), we agree with the customer a discount or amount over invoice then apply all incentives that exist at the time the vehicle arrives. :)
  • Options
    There are different incentives if you lease vs purchase - that is a fact. Infiniti does not care if the dealer leases or sells the vehicle - it all counts the same. The reason the incentives are different is that Infiniti puts much of the cash incentive into the residual and money factor as oppose to straight cash. In the end, Infiniti does not know if they come out better or worse until the lease is up and they sell the vehicle at the auction - then they know....

If you like getting a new vehicle every 2-4 yrs - leasing is the way to go, in my opinion! :)
  • Options
    rlbjr2rlbjr2 Member Posts: 91
    Thanks. I was thinking of proposing $500 over invoice minus any incentives at time of pick up, base MF rate minus 9 MSD's, and the IFS residual. Is $500 over invoice minus any incentives a fair price? I'm in Northern NJ if that matters and will probably be ordering the car early April. Would a dealer put the agreed upon terms in writing?
  • Options
    mkennymkenny Member Posts: 17
    39 months
    10k miles
    42,380 MSRP
    39,008 sale price
    1k loyalty
    1k down
    61% residual
    .002 MF
    432/month plus sales tax (5.1%)

Any room here?
  • Options
    39 months
    10k miles
    42,380 MSRP
    39,008 sale price
    1k loyalty
    1k down
    61% residual
    .002 MF
    432/month plus sales tax (5.1%)

I get 411.78
  • Options
    ahhh.. I ran it in the calc as well.... $743 in fees buried in here. I should be able to shave those, yes?

Thoughts on the sale price MF and residual?
  • Options
    Hi everyone, please let me know how this looks. I have $740 in fees to investigate which is why i haven't listedthe monthly rate but please let me know your thoughts on the sale price, residual, and money factor. Thank you, awd250, for red flagging the fees!

39 months
    10k miles
    42,380 MSRP
    39,008 sale price
    61% residual
    .002 MF

Thanks
  • Options
    radbluejay1radbluejay1 Member Posts: 6
    Hey, I was trying to negotiate a lease on an '09 g37x sedan, no nav. The dealer is telling me they cannot come down to the TMV price of the vehicle because it is a lease, and the only incentives are the MF and residual. There is only one dealer in my area. Has anyone else basically experienced a dealer not willing to negotiate the sale price of the vehicle because it's a lease? My understanding is that sale price is always negotiable, regardless of whether leasing or buying... the whole thing just seems odd to me. The best lease payment, assuming 2k down, that I was quoted was mid-400's (not incl tax). No trade.
  • Options
    baker1jbaker1j Member Posts: 15
    I got the exact car you are mentioning, an 09 G37x sedan, no nav, but with Premium Package - no other options or packages. How many miles are you looking for? Mine was 10K miles per year, 39 months....$449 per month, zero out of pocket at signing, only first month plus DMV. They still need to move the 09s out...and I was told the incentives they are getting from Infiniti are still good on the 09s...good luck.
  • Options
    skiguruskiguru Member Posts: 1
    w/ Navigation

Purchase Price $35,492 (VPP)
    48 Months
    15000 Miles
    MF = .00255
    ~$13,700 at signing (including trade-in)
    $183/month + Tax

Is this a good deal? Feel like I might be getting played...
  • Options
    vulchesvulches Member Posts: 17
    Generally, you want to put as close to nothing down as possible. If you total the car the next day insurance will only pay off your lease and you'll be out that fat down payment.
  • Options
    Greetings,

Can you please share the March top tier credit numbers for:

2010 G37x Nav, Premium, Wood trim
    39 months and 36 months
    10k miles

Thank you
  • Options
    kofekofe Member Posts: 3
    G37 2010, navigation/camera package
    36 months lease at 12K per year
    Selling price $35900 (MSRP - 39900)
    -$1000 loyalty
    $1200 drive off (including first month, registration, etc)
    $461 per month

Is that a good deal or still some room for negotiation?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hi all just want to share a lease I'll finalize Wednesday:

39 months 10k miles
    2010 g37x graphite shadow / graphite leather nav, premium, wood trim
    41660 MSRP
    36878 Sale price (VPP)
    1k loyalty
    Infiniti pays last two months of current lease (792 total; 500 from Infiniti 292 from Dealer)
    61% residual
    .00189 Money Factor

Drive off = First Month plus DMV (approximately $700)

$427.29 / month

Good Luck everyone!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    that's a awsome deal! I assume plus tax?
  • Options
    No - $427 / month with tax included! Ends up being $579 at signing. Second time leasing through International Infiniti in Milwaukee area.
  • Options
    No problem, rm5001.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    You're welcome, clsmooth. While the addition of navigation does often have an impact upon vehicles' residual values it does not on leases through Infiniti Financial Services.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    clsmoothclsmooth Member Posts: 8
    thank you car man
  • Options
    how does it go up to 579 a month at signing?

A capitalized costs 36,878.00
    B msrp 41,660.00
    C residual 61%
    D money factor 0.00189
    E term 39 39

F f=b*c) residual 25,412.60
    G g=(a-f)/e) depreciation / month 339 293.98
    H h=d*(a+f)) financing cost / month 74 117.729234
    I i=g+h) Total Monthly Payment 413 411.71
    plus your state tax %