Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    rad484rad484 Member Posts: 22
    Just did a deal. This is my second Infiniti lease. I thought I got a good deal the first time but I think this blows it out of the water. Mind you I qualified for the 1k loyalty so that definitely helped...

G37x Sedan w/ Prem, Nav, Sport, Tech, Interior Accents, Illuminated Kick plates, trunk mat/first aid, Sport splash guards.

18months/12k
    MSRP: $47,585
    Sale: $40,621
    Added to Cap: $2238 (Tax: 3.17% of Sale Price, Acq: $700 and Tags)
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $42858
    MF: .00028
    Residual: 78%
    Payments: 18 months at $341 w/ all fees rolled in
  • Options
    jonnyk2jonnyk2 Member Posts: 2
    Where did you get this deal? Currently looking and I'm getting terrible quotes on leases.
  • Options
    dbg8dbg8 Member Posts: 2
    Closed a deal with a SoCal dealer I thought I'd share.

G37 Journey with Premium package, illuminated kick plates, First aid kit, and carpeted trunk mat and net.

18 month/10K
    MSRP $40K
    Gross cap cost $35,845
    Cap cost reduction $376
    Down $1.1K (includes first months, DMV, doc fees, registration)
    Monthly $249 (including tax)

I think I was given the loyalty cash even though not previous Infiniti owner. Was offered $259/month with tax for 12k mile lease which I probably should have opted for.
  • Options
    Northern Virginia Area. Be firm and go to a large dealer that's more about volume than profit per vehicle. That seems to work.
  • Options
    dbg8dbg8 Member Posts: 2
    I hear its cause they want to take advantage of the strength of the used car market. At the end of the 18 month lease terms, they'll have a large offering of low-mile used G37s, which apparently there's more of a market for. This will help dealers clear out their current stock of new G37s while Infinity reduces production of the current model G37 to make way for the 2014 redesign.

Not sure if that makes sense.
  • Options
    mjopprumjoppru Member Posts: 18
    I stopped in at Cerritos. It is actually better in person - $229 instead of $269

G37 RWD Sedan, Prem, no nav - MSRP $39645

18 mo, 12K lease

$1400 drive off (no cap cost reduction, first payment, bank fee, title/reg fee)
    $229 plus tax

Steal.
  • Options
    vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    Hey rad484,

I'm actually shopping the same market. the car you bought, is the SAME ONE I want. Can you tell me the dealer you were working with? I've been dealing with JBA infiniti. I really appreciate your help. You are allowed to post dealers name here...just not sales person. THANK YOU!
  • Options
    trusaleen1trusaleen1 Member Posts: 98
    Ok guys, looking to close a deal on a 2012 G37 Sedan 6MT. Im doing the 18 month lease, dealer quoted me the following residuals, arent these low? what is everyone else getting, is the 6MT?

12k lease they quoted 74%
    15k lease they quoted 76%

Please help looking to close today

Thanks
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    I know for one thing they are backwards. Residuals are lower the more miles you are leasing. Not sure of the accuracy of the individual numbers.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    urirx98urirx98 Member Posts: 51
    edited July 2012
    Also looking to cash in on a new 2012 but heres my situation. I currently have 10 months left on my 2010 G37 navi and my dealer ( in Florida) is calling me to trade it in for a new one. I currently have low miles ( less then 23k) but need new tires and have some scratches/ chips on side of car and have been offered the same model (g37 prem navi) for the same price I am currently paying ( 477 tax incl) for 18 months. What do u guys think. The dealer is saying I have alot of negative equity but its them who want my car, not me trying to get out of it right now. THanks for the help
  • Options
    My bad. The quote i got was

76 % for 12k miles and
    74% for 15k.

Seems low from what I've read
  • Options
    I thought for a 6MT Sedan:

18 months/12k
    Residual: 77%
    MF: .00001

18/months/15k
    75%
    MF: .00001

I know they can mark up the MF but I didn't think they could mark up the residual. Maybe it's a regional thing...
  • Options
    Yes those are the numbers I thought too.
  • Options
    sdwranglerssdwranglers Member Posts: 11
    Here is what I got. G37x with Premium and Nav packages.

Additional Options
    Illuminated Kick Plates
    Interior Accents Package
    Splashguards
    Trunk Mat/Cargo Net & First Aid Kit 

$1115 down which included first payment. 18 months 15k/year

Monthly payment $325.
  • Options
    hoborayhoboray Member Posts: 16
    Where? I'm looking in the NC/SC area but dealers don't seem to acknowledge the 18 mos lease special.
  • Options
    sdwranglerssdwranglers Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2012
    Passport Infiniti, Alexandria, VA.

Not sure what dealers you are working with in your area but I just checked out Crossroad's website in Raleigh and if you go to new car specials the 18 month lease on the G is listed.
  • Options
    alec623alec623 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I live in SLC, Utah where we have only one infiniti dealer. They are running a special for the G37x w just premium package for $3k plus some dealer fee I believe at $359 plus tax for 24 months. After reading the deals online here I realized how they are getting away with murder. After showing the salesman this website and the deals they haven't returned my calls. I was wondering if anyone on here knows of Infiniti Dealers that could get good lease deals on the G37x for around $290-350 month with $0-1500 down. 10k miles a year. would like sports pack & nav if possible in that price range. Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    Why don't you try getting offers from Las Vegas, Phoenix, or Denver dealers? Denver is going to be your better bet for a x version. The dealers here in Phoenix carry very little x versions since there is no demand.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    mybblovemybblove Member Posts: 1
    G37 sedan journey with nav and wood trim
    MSRP $42,700
    18 months
    77% residual
    .00001 MF
    0 down, sign and drive, so cap'ing all the fees and such..

$377/mo including tax.

Yay or nay??
  • Options
    obi1andkobeobi1andkobe Member Posts: 11
    I think thats a good deal simply because it seems that the ones having all the low payments are the AWD editions.

I am currently working with two dealerships for a G37 Sedan with Premium & Navi 10K per year 18 month lease. (Zero out of pocket)

The cheapest offer has been $413 including tax (Miami, FL) the other dealer wants me to pay $429 with tax.

Can anyone else chime in?
  • Options
    I agree I have seen amazing payments on here and the quotes I have received from 4 different dealers don't come close. Best deal I got was 400 down 400 per month on g37 journey premium with 15k for 18 months

I really wanted the g37 sport 6mt but those numbers are even worse. I saw a note on edmunds to "wait" because prices are suppose to go down in 30 days. Anyone care to share their secrets on how they for such great deals
  • Options
    Its limited to the AWD editions. I'm not sure on why their lease is soo aggressive. Ive only seen one person get a great deal on an none AWD in the past two months.
  • Options
    So the key is to find an AWD model I guess. What on the lease terms is more aggressive for the AWD.
  • Options
    I have no idea, but people are getting spectacular monthlys on AWD. I think their might be another incentive in back end.
  • Options
    vydra3vydra3 Member Posts: 12
    I'm working on a deal in MA... for a G37x with Prem, 18 month lease, 12k/yr; $340 mo with 1st + doc + lic fees down. Numbers are before tax.

In MA they don't sell many G37, so I'm not sure if the deals are specific to the G37x. I know there was at least 1 broker in NYC that was moving a ton of G37x Prem early in July for ~$300/mo, but they ran out of cars and stopped the deals last Wednesday. So there could be regional "gluts" of cars, that they are trying to get moved before the 2013's come in.

The salesman at the dealer did mention the 18 month lease goal is to set people up to get pulled ahead into the all new 2014 G's (which look to be a G20T and G30T) which should debut in May 2013, and be readily available in Fall 2013 (about 15 months away). Plus they will have a nice set of really low mileage cars which will be easy to certify and sell as CPO. This actually makes alot of sense to me.

I did use the deal posted by sdwranglers (msg #6939) from VA as a baseline to work towards. I'd say sdwranglers got an excellent deal with their G37x (loaded with Nav and options), it's probably better then what I have managed to get onto the table. But the deal I am working on is better then the Infiniti USA promotion ($329/mo 18mo, 12k/yr, $1470 down).
  • Options
    the first dealership that offers me zero down and $385 including taxes in south Florida gets my business.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I regret driving the 6MT first. I really want to the sports seat and a manual tranny. The problem is the residual is lower than the other G's. I wish they offered the Sport package without navigation. Im still debating on the G37 sedan with premium and navi with 15k for 18 months. The dealer offered me $400 per month with $400 down.
  • Options
    Why don't you just take it?
  • Options
    yomommawhaatyomommawhaat Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    2012 G37 sedan

MSRP: 40,385
    Actual selling price: 34385
    39 months lease
    Residual: 56%
    Money factor: ??? i've read here that it is 0.0001 or is it 0.00001 ???
    zero money down
    1690 due at signing (bank fee, security deposit, disposition, first month)
    $360 month (taxes already included)

My final payout 360*38 + 1690 =15370

Does this sound about right? I have used the lease calculator on leaseguide and according to that calculation my total lease cost should be 14509

Am I calculating wrong here? Thanks!
  • Options
    Are any of you guys in CURRENT model G37s, or just getting a new car. I have been called numerous times by my dealer cause they want my VERY LOW MILLAGE G37, currently 10 months left and only have 22.5k miles. THey have offered me the keys to a new G37 prem navi for my same current payment of 477 for another 18months., because they say I have NEGATIVE EQUITY in my car. I walked out cause theres no way im paying for that when deals are much much cheaper elsewhere. Someone also said prices may go down even more next month so I guess we shall see if they call me before the month is up.
  • Options
    gexogexo Member Posts: 33
    Why is the lease term for 39 months and not 18? The special is for 18 month lease.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    This may mean that your car maybe be worth more at the end of the lease. They dont want you going somewhere else with the car and making money off the equity. So they try to upsell you a car that is worth less so that they can make the money off the equity.

Take it to carmax and see how much they offer you. If you get 1k-2k I say you trade it in, pocket the cash and get another vehicle.
  • Options
    I like the car I don't love it. I dont know if I want to pay 400 a month. Do you think that's a good deal??!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Car dealers make money selling cars. They will use any come on and sales pitch to generate a new sale. I still get a postcard from a Lexus dealer once a month that they need my low mileage IS. I got rid of the car 4 years ago. Right now Infiniti dealers have a great sales pitch, the 0% interest 18 month leases.

You wold be nuts to get into a new 18 month lease if you have 10 months on your car. For an additional 8 months of a lease you are going to pay a $700 bank and what ever doc fee the dealer charges for the new lease

There is a totally redesigned G coming next Spring. Your 10 months left on your lease seem perfect for picking up a new G next year.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    Their current lease specials end on 7/31 according to the infinitiusa website. Possible we see better deals in August as they should start being more aggressive to clear out older models.
  • Options
    Thats what I'm hoping for. They can't really get any better on the money factor. Do you think this will mean either more dealer cash or higher residuals?
  • Options
    baksdakbaksdak Member Posts: 2
    I am hoping for another 1-2k cash in addition to the 1k currently there on leases. Plus, I was told usually Texas has sales tax credits in August (since we are taxed on the full Cap cost rather than just the payment).
  • Options
    I'm thinking more dealer rebates on the back end. Maybe at extra 1K or 2K to stack on top of lease specials. The question is when do we find out? The first day on August? Or do we have to wait?
  • Options
    I hope so. An addition 1-2000 incentive would make these leases even more amazing. What's everyone trying to get into G wise. Usually it takes a few days for the new incentives. Seems like around the 5th of the month.

Hopefully Car_man will keep us up to date. He seems to be MIA lately.
  • Options
    North Carolina.
    18 mos, 12k
    2012 G37 (prem, nav, kick plates) msrp 41650-ish.
    Payment 325/mo.
    Down payment: first + SC tax($300).
    Nice and clean, no gimmicks, no extra fees, etc.
  • Options
    Can you message me dealer info and contact? I might just buy there and have the car delivered.
  • Options
    That sounds like a great deal.
  • Options
    are u trading in a car or coming out of a current INFINITI lease?
  • Options
    No to both.
  • Options
    I tried but can't seem to via IPad. Can't guarantee the same deal because I had another offer from the other smaller dealer in town(hint to which dealer, look at inventory in Charlotte) which they beat and some additional effort went into it. Plus that was for what they had in stock. Similarly equipped there was a red one (not my fav) and black/black with sports pkg.
  • Options
    Hoboray,

Can you please give us some more terms to your deal as to selling price, money factor residual. Im want to take that info to my local dealer because they told me there is no way to get my car under $400 with 400 down.

Thanks
  • Options
    Thank you. I just contacted both of my dealers. I told them $385 including tax, title/tag transfer and zero down.

If they want my money then can take it. If not I'll continue hunting. Its amazing that no dealer in south florida is under the $400 mark like everyone else in this thread.
  • Options
    Obi1 are you looking for a 12 or 15k lease. I know in CA it's BS too. I'm surprised because there is so much competition.
  • Options
    18 months 10K
  • Options
    Oh ok, I dont feel as bad, I got offered 400 with 400 down for 18 with 15k for premium with Navi. Im just waiting for the August rates, hopefully better and out for this weekend