Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• pkrjkrpkrjkr Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man, Can you give me a cpl of lease work ups on the following:

07 G35 Sedan Sport
    MSRP (built on infiniti web site) - $39,200
    term = 36,39,42, or 48 month (flexible)
    Excellent Credit
    Probably will be purchased in FL or AL

I figure I can only do better as far sales price - just want to know where i will be starting. Can you break down MF and Residuals for me also. Thanx.
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    You need to get more info before a lease can even begin to be calculated. The MSRP is easy, but you need to list the options you want, what sale price you have been offered...or are looking for. You also should get an idea of the fees the dealer is charging so that you can find out if there is room to play there as well. The MF and Residual are also dependent on the dealer. If you do some reading thru these forums you can find posts with numbers people have been getting and you can find the best ones that Infiniti offers. Then you have to find a dealer who will honor that since they don't HAVE to. Also, being that this is the beginning of a new month, the new finance numbers will likely be out around next monday, so calculating a lease today might not really matter. My suggestion is to do some more reading here, and start contacting dealers by email to get some quotes...that will give you something to work with.
  • reynochrisreynochris Member Posts: 3
    "

I cannot do it for invoice, this is a good price.

2007 G35 Journey

Sale Price $35,200

24 months

Money Factor 1.120

Residual 66%

Monthly Payment $490+tax

..."

What do you think? Yeah, I'm pushing for at invoice price, I know it's not possible probably, but oh well...

Still $490+tax doesn't sound great to me, when reading other posts that got like $300+ monthly lease for 24 mo. 12k/year... what is wrong here? Is it the sales price is too high?
  • reynochrisreynochris Member Posts: 3
    What's the best value lease offer people got from Infiniti dealers in the Bay Area? I'm looking at G35 Journey with Nav+Prem+Tires...Which dealership?
  • traderbtraderb Member Posts: 38
    does anyone know if the lease terms MF and residual have changed for MAY?
    Well...I'm not sure where they are coming up with those financing numbers since the best that IFS offers on the Journey for 24 months is 1.61...however on the flip side the best residual for that term would be 69%. So, when I calculate the lease with my numbers and your sale price and assuming this is for a Journey, Prem, Nav, Tire vehicle, I basically get $490 + Tax...not including any fees like Acq. fee, 1st month, registration, etc. As to the sales price...if it's for the config I listed it is basically 1k over invoice. You can prob do better but I doubt that you'll find invoice pricing on a car w/ Nav. You might get a couple hundred off though which could save a couple of bucks (about $3/month for every $100 sales price reduction). You should also find out what upfront costs they are looking for since that is another place for them to try to bury costs. Also, some of those $300/month leases people are talking about don't typically end up costing that little since to get there it requires a sizeable cap cost reduction up front of a couple grand.
  • erinb510erinb510 Member Posts: 22
    I've been working with Selena of Oakland Infiniti. I've found she's given me the lowest quotes of all the bay area dealerships. Good luck and post your quotes.
    Yes, they have. I was quoted in April, but couldn't pull the trigger in time, so I was just quoted again for May. The residual went down to 54%, but the money factory went down too, which worked out to $8 more for me.
    Sprinkler-

Where do you find the IFS rates you refer too?
    There is another site that has a guy who usually gets the rates for people. You can't really mention the site here, but if you do some googling you can probably find it.
    I can't find it. Can you give me some clues? Or what are the May rates for a Journey with Prem, Tires, Nav and Tech with 15k miles/year.

Thanks!
    look up financing and leasing forums. And the may rates aren't out yet and probably won't be out until next week. Usually it's at least the 5th of the month before they are posted.
  • mtang8888mtang8888 Member Posts: 3
    I've just been quoted on a 2007 G35coupe(Auto) with premium and splash guards/trunk mat. Here are the quotes for both 36 and 39 months.

>msrp 37305
    >cap cost 34552

>36 months 15k
    >469.43 plus tax or
    >505.81 including tax
    >factor .00190
    >residual 59% & 60% at 12k
    >
    >12k is $10.50 less

>39 months 15k
    >472.69 plus tax or
    >509.32 including tax
    >factor .00229
    >residual 58% and 59% at 12k
    >
    >12k is $10.50 less

The drive off is $1000 total. Which includes the first months payment, 1 year registration, $45 document fee, 137.76 cap reduction, and 8.75 tire fee.

Please let me know what you guys' takes are on this quote.
  • jamesdmanjamesdman Member Posts: 9
    sluri,
    I had almost the same deal but had to let it go because I had a hard time with the dealer.
    would love to know the name of the dealer you used.
    Thanks
  • slurisluri Member Posts: 37
    It was Infiniti of Willow Grove. I tried a few in Jersey as well as towards allentown. They weren't even close.
    There is a lady sales manager, she was great. They didn't push anything on me, no extra warranty, tire protection stuff etc.
    sluri
  • g35man07g35man07 Member Posts: 2
    Just got from dealer would like insight on this deal

State- New York
    Options- premium package, navigation, glossy wood interior
    MSRP- 39040
    Residual- 22281
    MF-.00159-(Could someone confirm if this a a true MF for 5/07 from infiniti?)
    Cap Cost- 37000
    Payment upfront- $3000 includes tax, bank fee, first month(No money down)
    36 months/10K miles per year
    Monthly payments-$500

Is this good, bad, avg or could I do better? What else should I be asking or looking for?
    Thanks in advance
  • alfster3alfster3 Member Posts: 25
    Hi, I calculated the MSRP of your car to be 39,350 on Edmunds. The invoice is 35,987. So you are about $1000 over invoice. For a car in the NE w/nav that doesn't seem far off, but others could say you might do a little better.
    The May MF and residuals haven't been posted here yet. In March (the last numbers I have seen) the residual for a g35x was 57%, but that was for a 15K mi/yr lease. The MF was .00175. Typically, the residual is 3% higher for a 10K mi/yr lease.
    I assumed a tax rate of 8%, which means you are paying about $1500 in tax for the lease. That does explain the high upfront payment. Many here recommend rolling taxes into your monthly payments, but ultimately that will be your choice.
    Otherwise I think your numbers work out pretty well.
    I would ask the dealer for the exact residuals (both 10K and 15K--so you can compare.) Also check that the "bank fee" is only $595, and not added again elsewhere as the acquisition fee (they are the same). Some try to charge this twice. The doc fees should also be minimal.
    Good luck.
  • g35man07g35man07 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks greatly alfster. I will definetly get an itemized breakdown of exactly what the $3000 entails.

Additionally, I would like to get an opinion as to why people recommend "rolling" the taxes into the monthly payment?

Open to opinions. Looking to be a proud owner of the g35x by the end of the month.
    See message #1304 re: limiting down payment and paying tax over the course of the lease.
  • ljflxljflx Member Posts: 4,690
    I've had the G35X since April 1 and love this car. For me it's a third vehicle and a sport/fun car and a break-in car for my son who will eventually get it in 3 years assuming I buy it out. From reading this board I am happy with the deal I got. Car was $37,150 Infiniti MSRP + another $300 of dealer items ($37,450 total) and I put $1K down (first time I ever put a down payment on a lease but it made a difference) and got it at $409 a month (includes NJ sales tax) for 36 months and 12K miles. Color is platinum graphite with stone interior. Build quality is great on this car and I'm used to Lexus build quality with an LS460L due in shortly. Shopped the car vs a 3-series and ever so little against the IS. But the Infiniti wowed us the most with an interior far nicer than the 3 and almost as nice as the IS. Took the car on the last day of the month (March 31st) which always helps price negotiations.
  • mtang8888mtang8888 Member Posts: 3
    This is a repeat of message 1342. Since i got no replies i figure i repost it.

've just been quoted on a 2007 G35coupe(Auto) with premium and splash guards/trunk mat. Here are the quotes for both 36 and 39 months.

>msrp 37305
    >cap cost 34552

>36 months 15k
    >469.43 plus tax or
    >505.81 including tax
    >factor .00190
    >residual 59% & 60% at 12k
    >
    >12k is $10.50 less

>39 months 15k
    >472.69 plus tax or
    >509.32 including tax
    >factor .00229
    >residual 58% and 59% at 12k
    >
    >12k is $10.50 less

The drive off is $1000 total. Which includes the first months payment, 1 year registration, $45 document fee, 137.76 cap reduction, and 8.75 tire fee.

Please let me know what your guys' takes are on this quote.

I need to know how low can i get the monthly payments without changing the drive off amount.
    Given I'm at $409 with tax on a car that is just about the same price it seems about $40-$50 a monthh high. If I amortized the $1K down I made than my price would be about $445 per month with tax vs your $509. Tax in NJ included in that $445 is 7% for comparison. You are dealing with the coupe so maybe that lease deal is different even though the MSRP is very similar. But given the new G37 is so nearby I'd think the coupe would be a slower mover and get you a better deal. But maybe it's still moving well and the G37 is not having much of an effect.
    Thats a great deal, can you let us know the selling price, residual and money factor you got on that. Im looking at the same car but haven't gotten quotes that low.
    I don't have the money factor handy. But the car was a list of $37,475 and I did the deal at 34,000 flat. Residual was 58% of the MSRP. Again I cut the deal on April 30th, a Saturday and drove the car home the same day. The guy knew I was a buyer of a 3, IS or G and didn' want to lose me and he wanted that sale to fall into April. But the G was easily our top pick and the car's been great. Make sure you take that lux package with the upgraded radio. That plus the added features are a great asset in the car. I've got Sat radio as well.
    Anyone know the rates for May? I'm looking for a loaded journey.

Thanks!
    Well...looking at the numbers for the 36 month / 15k miles it is adding up correctly with those numbers. I personally had different financing numbers that I saw listed for the coupe (MF .00207 & 60%) however it comes to $469 before tax anyway. The only real issue is why they are charging you $400 over invoice for a 2007 coupe with no big ticket options when the 2008 is coming out in a couple months. PLUS...I just saw that there is $1500 manufacturer to DEALER incentives on these, so you should be at least at invoice if not a bit below on that configuration. For example, if you knock off $400 bucks it will translate to about a $12/month savings (before taxes).
    Haven't seen them posted yet. They should be out soon.
    Those numbers don't look very good. Looks like a posted "offer" from an internet rep.
  • bdavidson0bdavidson0 Member Posts: 2
    What dealership did you use to lease the G35x?
    Can someone tell me if these numbers look right to them. I plugged in the numbers I was quoted below into a lease calculator but get a higher monthly payment than the $377+tax they quoted.

Infinity G35x with P01 Premium Package, U01 Infinity Navigation Package, and F01 Technology Package
    Exterior color Platinum Graphite
    Interior color Graphite Leather
    MSRP $40,050
    $36,969 Cap Cost
    70% residual at 24 months 12,000 miles
    .00164 MF
    $1,995 down payment
    $700 destination fee
    $795 acquisition fee
    $150 Estimated motor vehicle fee
    Total $3,640.00 due at signing
    $377 per month + 8.375% NYS tax

Any help would be much appreciated
    Thanks
    jamesdman, the acquisition fee is only $595 (standard for the g35 and non negotiable). Also the $700 destination fee is included in the cap cost. You shouldn't pay it twice. So while the cap cost you were quoted is only about $400 over invoice, they are adding $900 in bogus charges.

We haven't seen the May MF and residuals yet.
    I realize those fees are bogus, but I still thought the total price was okay. What didn't make sense to me was the low monthly payment they quoted based on the numbers I was given.
    Circle Infiniti on RT 36.
    Sorry traderb but I've got my months all screwed up. Been working too hard lately. I took the car on Saturday March 31st. For some reason I keep thinking April 30th but it's March 31 that I actually took the car. I've already put 1800 miles on the car and am overdriving it as I wait for an LS460L. The car says drive me every time you look at it and it's a nice opposite feel to the super luxury of an LS. Nevertheless Infinito does lux real well in this car as it has a great interior and is really built well. The car is great but for family needs I do need the big Lexus.
    The price is only ok if you don't have to pay for it elsewhere. The only reason your monthly cost looks so low is that you are paying for it up front instead of over the entire lease.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey pkrjkr. I can give you an idea of what this car's current lease program is like, but I cannot estimate what its monthly payment should be without knowing what selling price you are getting. You may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for this car by visiting the following discussion: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". I personally would shoot for around $500 over invoice.

Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00158 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00181 and 53%. The 42 month numbers are .00211 and 51%. Lastly, the 48 month numbers are .00238 and 44%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings reynochris. The money factor that you were quoted, it is actually .00112, is right in line with Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate for this model. Dealer invoice would be an excellent price for this car, but I suspect that $500 over invoice is a more realistic target. How close are you to that?

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello traderb. Infiniti's May lease program is different than its April program was. If you tell me exactly what model you are interested in, how long you want to lease it for, and what mileage allowance you need I will give you the details of the current program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ssramadanssramadan Member Posts: 7
    Hello car_man.... im intrested in a 24 month lease purchase of $36261 msrp $39715 20,000 miles per year in NJ 7% tax. Its a g35sport auto with tch nav and prem. thanks for your Sam
    im looking for MF and residual on g35x 24 or 26 month leae with 12k miles per year, thx. im in NY if that matters
  • neverestneverest Member Posts: 5
    Car_Man,

I've been speaking to a dealership and got the price down on a G35x premium with nav down to 50 over invoice. I was quoted MF of 0.00159 and residual of 56% over a 39-month, 12K/year lease. These numbers are in NJ. Do these look right to you? MSRP is 39090 and sale price is 35880 (quoted invoice was 35830).

If there are better deals for MF and residual combination over a different term, I'd certainly be interested in hearing about it. Thanks! If you've got the time, I'd like to know the payment on this car per month since my calculations and the dealers' have a ~$20 discrepancy. Security deposit was waived for this.

Is NJ a sales-tax up front state for use only? Can it be paid on a monthly basis without incurring finance charges from Infiniti Financial? I've leased in MA before but am not familiar with NJ's rules. I assume it's in my best interest to pay the taxes up front if the tax amount must be financed (added to cap cost).

Thanks again!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,933
    In NJ, you pay tax on the lease payment only.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• neverestneverest Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for that confirmation. Is sales tax on the use collected at lease signing, or is it collected as the payments are made? I'm interested in knowing the benefits of paying sales tax up front, rather than to go month by month. The only reason why I'd want to put that cash up front is only if NJ law states that sales tax for the use during the entire term of the lease is to be collected at the signing.

If that's not the case, I don't see any merit behind paying that up front, since if you pay as you go, you'll incur no penalties such as added financial charges for "borrowing" the tax rolled into the cap cost.

Am I correct in saying this? Do NJ laws require tax to be collected upon signing?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,933
    My understanding of NJ tax law is that the tax is after the fact. So whatever your lease payment works out to be, then you pay 7% tax on that payment. So, no, it does not benefit you to pay it all up front because it will be the same no matter what.

In other words, with a $400 lease payment, the total would be $428 with tax OR you can pay the $28 x number of lease payments up front and your lease payment will still be $400.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

what dealer is that?
  • kandbert1kandbert1 Member Posts: 9
    Went to a dealer here in NJ. This is the deal the gave me.
    The car has technolgy and premium package

MSRP 39900
    Cap Cost 36700
    Residual 55%
    Term 39 Months
    MF .00159
    Monthly 440
    Down 2800 Includes(tax,1st monthn sec dep and fees Acuistion was 595)
    here are the May numbers....remember...the dealer has NO obligation to offer these numbers, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't push for them. Think of them as invoice pricing on the financing portion of a lease :)

Infiniti Financial Services Lease Programs – Effective 5/10/07

Programs shown in BOLD may not be as competitive as a comparable bank lease program.
    2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe
    24 Month – Residual 69% of MSRP – .00182 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 59% of MSRP – .00190 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 50% of MSRP – .00239 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 38% of MSRP – .00255 Base Rate

2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 65% of MSRP – .00112 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 56% of MSRP – .00178 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 46% of MSRP – .00238 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 38% of MSRP – .00259 Base Rate

2007 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 63% of MSRP – .00141 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 54% of MSRP – .00158 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 44% of MSRP – .00238 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 36% of MSRP – .00257 Base Rate

2007 Infiniti G35 X Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 66% of MSRP – .00164 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 56% of MSRP – .00175 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 47% of MSRP – .00239 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 39% of MSRP – .00259 Base Rate

Residuals posted are for 15K miles/year. Add 2% to Residual for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms

Use the following formula to calculate a lease payment:

(Cap Cost – Residual Value) / Term = Depreciation
    (Cap Cost + Residual Value) X Money Factor = Interest
    Depreciation + Interest = Base Monthly Payment
    Find out what all of the fees are in that $2800 down payment. Even if you have to put a security deposit up front of say $500, all of the other fees (including the acquisition fee) shouldn't be more than $1500...which equals $2000. That means that they are padding some profit in there...likely as a cap cost reduction which means you aren't actually getting the car for $36700.
    Invoice on that car is actually $35730 so realistically you are paying $150 over invoice...which is still really good. As for the financing numbers, those don't look too bad at all considering it's for 39 months...although I can't say for sure since I really only know the best 36 month numbers which are 58% and .00175. Do you know what fees you are paying up front...are you only financing the cap cost of the car and then paying the acquisition fee, etc. at signing? For just your cap cost with your financing numbers as listed it should be $450/month PRE-TAX. Not sure of the tax in NJ so I can't really factor that in. If you were to go with the 36 month lease with the numbers I listed your payment would be $469/month PRE-TAX. Which is higher, but remember you are making 3 fewer payments as well...something to consider. But you need to find out all of the "fees" that they are charging you so that you can make sure that the $150 over invoice is really that and not being padded elsewhere with bogus charges.
  • mikejohnsonmikejohnson Member Posts: 5
    hey guys.. i live in ny and i had my credit ran, and i was quoted on a fully loaded (tech and premium package) 2007 g35 sedan, with $2400 down payment (tax, fees and first month) on a 24 month lease for $539 a month... is this a good deal??
    thanks