Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    The extra security deposits is a good deal if you have the cash available and don't mind it sitting with them instead of you. However, just so you know, when they calculate the ammount for the 9 addl. deposits, it will be based on the ORIGINAL monthly payment...NOT on the cost after the MF reduction. I found that out when I went in to make my deal. I wasn't sure about it at first, but the GM brought out the Infiniti manual and showed me exactly what they require to calculate for addl. security deposits. So, with your deal, if your original monthly payment is $572, you would round it up to $600 and multiply by 9 which would be $5400. Another thing to remember is that if you are say taking that money from some type of credit account you have to factor in the monthly interest on that. So while you are saving $80 per month, you might also be paying $40/month in interest...so your true savings are $40/month.
  • Options
    lol...yeah...that would be nice, but it doesn't work that way. You are allowed UP TO 9 addl. security deposits. So you don't have to put up all 9, but if you are putting them down for a MF reduction you have to put a minimum of 2. Again...it also doesn't reduce the cost of the car, it only reduces the Money Factor, so it is just a way to reduce your rental charge, but not the depreciation of the car itself. And they can't just "eat" the security deposit ;)
  • Options
    ibeylinibeylin Member Posts: 1
    I've been offered a 36 month lease for a 2007 G35x Sedan with premium package and navigation (basically fully loaded) for $399 per month (not including tax). The catch is that I have to put down $5,200 to drive it off the lot. I believe that includes tax, title, first payment, etc...

I like the montly payment, but do you think 5,200 is too much?

Anyone know a good Infinity Dealer in the tri-state?

Whenever I speak with dealers in Brooklyn, I feel as if they're pulling my pants down.

Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    bbaron451bbaron451 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a G35x and I want the monthly payments to be low. I have a car that is worth about 9000, if I trade it in and take out a 39month lease it puts my payments down to $239 per month. Is this a bad idea?
  • Options
    You need to post more info. Can't say if the deal is bad without any specifics. The payment is low...that's for sure, but if it's all because of your current car's value, then it's hard to say. You need to find out the MSRP, the cap cost, the Money Factor, and residual. You should also find out exactly how much they are charging you for all of the fees. It's also usually suggested to NOT put any addl. money down to reduce the cap cost of the new car. Which, it sounds like you are doing. It might make for a lower monthly payment, but if you total your car you will be out that money for good. Whereas, you can keep that money and just pay more for the car monthly. Put that money into a high yield money market account and you can earn 5% on it.
  • Options
    $5200 is too much IMO. If you do some more reading here you will see that it's usually not recommended to put down extra money towards a cap cost reduction. If you were to total your car you would lose that extra money. The key is to first negotiate the best possible cap cost, money factor, and residual. Then you want to make sure that they aren't padding more profits into the "fees" they charge you. That will give you your TRUE monthly payment. Even if you pay for it up front to lower your monthly payment...you are still paying for it. If you have the money available and don't need it, you can always try to put down extra security deposits to reduce your money factor...however not all states allow that. The benefit there is that while it won't seem like as big a difference in the monthly payment compared to a cap cost reduction...you will get that money back at the end of the lease. Just some things to consider. But do a bit of reading thru these posts and you will find MANY good tips. The more info you have before going to a dealer the easier it will be for you to spot the BS.
  • Options
    alfster3alfster3 Member Posts: 25
    Hi lal07, I am looking for a car with the same specs. I think the discrepancy comes because the delivery charge is actually $700 and not $715 as listed on this site. Also, your car probably has a $50 cargo net added. So there is your $35.
    I plugged in your numbers and get $527/mo., so your pretty much there. You are smart to not put any more down than you are planning.
    The invoice price for this car is $36584. I am hoping to get $1000 over invoice. You are not far from that ($1317 over), not sure how much negotiation you have had so far. Can't hurt to work a little, at worst you still have decent deal. Also might be able to get the doc fee down to a more reasonable $50-75. The license fee hurts!
    Good luck, let us know how it turns out.
  • Options
    lal07lal07 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the input. I have a verbal offer for 1% over invoice, so I'm very pleased.

Good luck with your transaction.

lal07
  • Options
    mspiegsmspiegs Member Posts: 5
    I dont know any of the specs, I only have these bottom line numbers and I need to know if this is a good deal.

G35s, navigation, premium, technology package
    $2500 total out of pocket
    $519/mo plus tax
    39 months
    15K miles

Deal or no deal?!?!?!
  • Options
    ssiejassieja Member Posts: 2
    Got quoted on a new G35 today. Want to know if this is a good deal:

G35 Journey auto w/ sunroof only option
    Sales price: 31,500
    Fees: 499 Bank Fee + 43(not sure what this is)
    Total sales price: 32,042

24 month lease: 550
    36 month lease: 513
    39 month lease: 500
    Tax is factored into lease price

0 down + tag and title and first months payment

So is this a deal or what? Guy said the buyout would be 18,844 and the MF is .00222
  • Options
    Without your specs it's tough to say. It certainly doesn't look that great though. The out of pocket money is pretty high, which means that there is a cap reduction in there...likely in the $1k range, since all of the usual upfront costs shouldn't cost more than $1500...and that's on the high side and includes the $595 bank/acquisition fee. So, to calculate your lease with the best financing numbers I've seen it means your cap is probably around $38,300 (not including the $1k reduction you will pay). I think you can do better. Get more info.
  • Options
    doesn't sound that great. Money Factor is high. Also, the buy out seems low...even for a 39 month term. The buyout(residual) should change depending on the term...so the shorter the term the higher the residual. Also the Bank fee is BS. There is a $595 Acquisition fee which is standard and likely included into their calculations. Sometimes I've seen the acquisition fee called a Bank fee, however if it's not for exactly $595 then it's probalby a way for them to try to make more profit. You need to find out what the MF and residual for each length of lease is. You also need to say how many miles are included. Get as much info as possible.
  • Options
    lal07lal07 Member Posts: 3
    sprinkler13: Would you mind commenting on the below lease offer?

G35x w/ premium, nav and tech packages
    MSRP: 40,050
    Cap Cost: 37,035
    Reduction: 595
    Rate: .00175
    Bank Fee: 595
    License: 334
    Doc Fee: 135
    Residual: 22,828 (57%)
    Monthly pmt: 505
    Term: 39 mos
    Mileage: 12k
    State tax: 7.00%
    NJ tire fee: 7.50
    Due at signing: 1,576 (1 mo pmt + bank fee + license/reg + doc fee + "tire fee")

This dealer has disclosed all fees up front and I don't think they're taking me for a ride. However, when I negotiated the cap cost, they said they would take 1% over invoice. My calculated cap cost wasn't checking out with theirs (off by about $100), and when I asked, they mentioned this "warranty supplemental" in the state of NJ, whereby Infiniti pays retail for replacement parts and passes through a $100 charge per vehicle. He went on to say that this is part of the invoice that wouldn't be shown on Edmunds. Sounds totally bogus to me, but I'm not too concerned about $100 over the life of the lease, especially if I'm paying 400 or so over invoice. I have a feeling this may be buried in a lot of cap costs and people just aren't aware, particularly if they're getting a decent cap cost? Curious to hear your thoughts on this and the deal in general.

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    jamesdmanjamesdman Member Posts: 9
    darwin,

looking for that same car only in a different color. would
    like to know where you got that deal.
  • Options
    erinb510erinb510 Member Posts: 22
    Sprinkler13-

You seem to be the lease expert. Would you mind taking a look at these figures?

Thanks!

2007 G35 Sedan Journey
    Navigation
    Premium
    Performance tire and wheel packages
    Splash guards
    Trunk mat.

MSRP- 37,665
    Invoice- 34,384.00
    Sale Price- 35,420
    MF- .000195
    36 months
    15k miles
    Residual Value- $21,469.05 (57% of MSRP)
    Drive Off- $1500 (first month, $19.58 cap reduction, $45.33 tax, 295
    license/smog abatement, $8.75 government fee)

Monthly payment- $499 + tax (8.25% CA) = $536.34
  • Options
    maxim49maxim49 Member Posts: 41
    It's seems like the dealer is being honest with you - given the numbers provided above, $505/month sounds right on the mark. I'm actually getting 504.79, but $.21 shouldn't be a big deal.

Do you mind telling, which dealer this is? If you like, you can email me - mehra16@yahoo.com...thanks and good luck!

Actually looking at it again - he's not giving it to you for $400 over invoice, since you're putting $595 down, so you're actually getting it for $995 over invoice - you might want to negotiate to have $400 over invoice without you having to put down $595. So your payment should be lower than $505 if you're gettin it for $400 over invoice, it should be closer to $499/mnth...now it's up to you if you $5 a month is a big diff. for you.
    good luck!
  • Options
    This is my first lease and I'm not really sure what I'm doing. so if someone could help me out and tell what the next step would be in making sure I'm getting the best lease deal I can?

Is a there an advantage to a 24 month lease vs. a 36 month lease?

Here are the specs:

2007 G35x with Premium, Nav, and Tech package
    Platimun Graphite paint.
    MSRP $40,015
    Invoice $36,547
    Selling Price $36,969
    24 month lease
    Residual 70%
    Mf .00164
    $1,995 down + tax license and acquisition fees
    Monthly payment $377

Also the car is 300 miles away. but its buy far the best selling price i got from the three dealers I had quote. thought this was a pretty good deal. can someone comfirm if this is truly a good deal?

Thaks
  • Options
    traderbtraderb Member Posts: 38
    THose look like pretty good terms as far as the residula nad money factor. What dealer is this at? and is it through infiniti finacial or some other bank?
  • Options
    traderbtraderb Member Posts: 38
    boy, my spelling was atrocious there!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,228
    We don't take off points for spelling..lol.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    The dealer is in Manhattan. One thing I just found out is that the price did not include destination fee. So I have to tack on another $700.00

These are the fees I was just given:

$1995 down
    $700 destination fee
    $795 aquisition fee
    $150 Estimated motor vehicle fee
    + Taxes

Taxes are a bit of a question right now.
    The car is in Manhattan and I live about 300 miles away so I'm not sure what my local taxes will be. That's gonna be the big one.
  • Options
    The car I want to lease won't be here until May. The dealership and I have agreed upon a lease via email. She is asking me for a $500 deposit to guarantee that I get the car. Is this customary???

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    I put $1,000 down, weeks before ever seeing my car.
    Some ask for $500-, others ask for $1,000.

It's refundable if anything goes wrong.
  • Options
    Thanks! "Anthing going wrong" doesn't include changing your mind though does it?
  • Options
    Well..they are over charging for the acwuisition fee. and they are also asking you for a significant down payment which is not recommended if you look thru this board. It will lower your monthly payment, but if you total your car you will lose that money completely...instead of just keeping it and having your monthly payment be a bit higher. Also, how many miles are included in the lease...that is important in figuring the residual.
  • Options
    LOL... I don't know.
    Honestly, I think that if you changed your mind, they'd most likely give your deposit back... unless you're ordering something they feel doesn't usually sell in your region.
    I wouldn't worry about it, I haven't heard of anyone not getting a deposit back.

Erin, don't change your mind.
    It's an awesome car!

If you decide down the road that you can't afford it, sell a kidney or something, it's worth it! ;)
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. Here's the lease she's offered. I think it looks pretty good, but then again this is my first lease. What do you think?

2007 G35 Journey Blue Slate/Stone
    Navigation
    Premium Package
    Tire and Wheel Package
    MSRP $37,500
    Sale Price $34,760
    Drive Off $1468
    Residual 57%
    MF .00195
    Monthly Payment $481+ tax = 518.87

All Prices plus Tax, License, Tire, Smog, and Doc fees
    On approval of above average credit
    Subject to prior sale
    Offer expires April 30, 2007
  • Options
    Yeah i know the aquisition cost of 795 should be 495. I was going to try and get that down once I was comfortable with everything else.

The lease term is for 24 months. I don't know if it's better to go with 24 or 36.

I was going to only put down $1,000 as downpayment and accept a little higher monthly payment.
  • Options
    If that is for a 36 month deal, it looks pretty good to me. That is the best financing avail for the Journey on a 36 month/15k per year lease. Your sale price is $500 over invoice, which is good. Your drive off fees seem fine...assuming that it covers 1st month, registration, acquisition fee, doc fees, and the upfront tax. All things look good though IMO.
  • Options
    but how many miles are included. the difference between 24 and 36 is usually up to you. Sometimes they are pushing one deal more than another, so they might have more financing assistance to make it more attractive. Also, the acquisition fee should be $595 not $495...that's standard though. Also, instead of putting down money towards the cap cost reduction, you might consider putting addl. security deposits. For each deposit you can lower the MF by .0001. To do that you have to put a min of 2 deposits down up to a max of 9. The monthly savings isn't as big as a cap reduction, but when you factor in you will get all of that security deposit back at the end of the lease you actually end up saving more in the long run.
  • Options
    Yeah!! Thanks sprinkler13.

Yes, it's for 36 months. I also have a very similar quote for the same dealer but with the Tech package. It's $6 more a month. That rear camera might be worth $216 over 3 years.

IYO... do you think I’d be able to get it for $500 including tax. That's what I was hoping for. Or do you think this is as low as they can go?

Thanks!
  • Options
    forgot to post the miles.

it's for 12000 miles
  • Options
    lol07,
    do you have to pay the 1,576 plus the 7% state tax at signing?
  • Options
    Well...their numbers add up so there doesn't appear to be anything buried or padded really in there. The only thing you should be concerned with on this one is if you are comfortable with paying about 1k over invoice. I'm not saying that it is necessarily bad, but if you think that you can get a lower sale price it will reduce your payments. 1k is certainly not too bad for a car with nav that is in stock and doesn't have to be ordered...but it doesn't mean you can't do a little bit better either ;)
  • Options
    Then it definitely sounds like a good deal. As for adding the tech package...I calculated it with the tech package and $500 over invoice and came to $531 and change per month. Personally...I have the tech package and I love it. The rear view camera is worth the 6 bucks a month IMO...plus you get the adaptave headlights and the intelligent cruise control, which is also pretty cool...when you get to use it that is. As for getting it to $500 including tax...forget about it. If you figure that for every $100 you can take off the sale price of the car, you can deduct about $3 from your monthly payment. So you would need to drop at least $600 from the sale price...which would be below invoice and I don't see that happening right now.

HOWEVER...you do have the option of putting down addl. security deposits which will reduce the money factor. And...the security deposits are fully refundable at the end of the lease, so if you have the means it could help you out. If you look around the board you will see many posts explaining addl. sec deposits.
  • Options
    Thanks Sprinkler-

You read my mind. I was thinking of adding security deposits. I'll have to look into it.
  • Options
    Well...if that payment doesn't include tax, you can figure that they are selling you the car at around 100 over invoice, but they are then charging you an extra 900 at least in padded fees. The acquisition fee is high and the delivery fee is already factored into the invoice price and the MSRP, so they are charging you a second time.
  • Options
    Just remember that if the cash u use for the addl. deposits is coming from something like a credit account or something you pay interest in, or are loosing interest in you should factor that into your monthly payment as well for a TRUE cost. I put down 9 deposits myself, and I took it from a home equity line of credit at like 7%. I figured that I'm paying 30 bucks or so in interest on that money, but I'm saving about 60 from my lease payment. As long as I don't destroy the car I'll get all of my money back and can then pay back the credit line ;)
  • Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    Does Infinti have a failure to return policy; i.e., a charge at vehicle turn-in time if you do not buy or lease another Infiniti? For some cars(such as Mercedes), this can be as much as $500.
  • Options
    I wasn't charged one on my current lease. However, I did have a 300 charge on my previous Infiniti lease. The difference there was that the financing was thru an outside bank instead of Infiniti.
  • Options
    slurisluri Member Posts: 37
    Just got a lease for G35X/prem/nav/tech
    15K/year
    24 months
    1500 due at signing + 4500 for multiple security deposits
    500/month including tax
    great people to deal with, smooth transaction.
    send me a message if you want the dealership name in tristate area on the east coast.
    LOVE the car!!!!!!
    sluri
  • Options
    What, no pics?
  • Options
    slurisluri Member Posts: 37
    hahahaha, too much effort to put up pics here. may be i'll get around to it this weekend.
    sluri">
  • Options
    blue13blue13 Member Posts: 8
    I was offered 488/month including tax for 24 months, 12k miles a year. Zero down except for fees, etc. which come out to about 1,500 I think.

Selling price was 34,550. G35 coupe auto, premium, sunroof.

Then another dealer offered 550/month including tax with just first month's payment due at signing...550 to sign and drive.

Selling price is 32,995. Same setup.

Does this seem right? Which deal is better? And how can the second dealer only ask for first month's payment...what about acquisition fee, etc.?

Are the fees rolled into the monthly payments? Thanks for your help, guys.
  • Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    With an Infiniti lease, does the company REQUIRE all recommended maintenance? In other words, when you turn the car in, are you docked financially if all was not done?
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,949
    I have NO idea why the one with the lower selling price costs more per month, if miles and term are the same.

Based on the little information you've provided, I don't see why the lower payment with zero down wouldn't be the deal to take. In terms of a lease, if miles and equipment are what you want, the lower total out-of-pocket expenses during the entire lease is definitely the way to go (unless you plan on buying it at the end of the lease, then residual should be important to you, too).

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    It's easy...just because the selling price is lower doesn't mean they are charging significantly more for "fees" and then rolling them into the lease. So, while it sounds good to have a low selling price and nothing due up front, they can very easily hide a couple grand in profits in the lease. That's why they need to get all of the specifics first...then try to lock them into the low selling price and minimize all of the fees.
  • Options
    blue13blue13 Member Posts: 8
    I'm sorry, qbrozen, the 32,995 is only if I buy it.

The 1,500 incentive doesn't apply for leases.

The other dealership (Lynnes) said they'll match and make it like 480/month.

But I think I can get Flemington to drop to about 475/month.

24 months, 12k miles. Auto, premium package, sunroof. Residual 71%, 0.00206 MF.

Selling price about 200 above invoice so I guess it's ok.
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,949
    well, don't kill yerself over $5. That's a mere $120 over the life of the lease. So if you like the dealer and like the deal, I say go for it.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    FYI...those financing numbers are the buy rates for a 15k mile/year lease. If you only need 12k / year I'd push for 73% residual which will lower the payment even more. They should really be looking to move these coupes at invoice since the 2008 is here in a couple of months. I'd definitely keep them to 200 over invoice as well.