Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    cgold79cgold79 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I got offered a G35x w/ Premium Package for 2yrs -12k miles/yr for $450 Total Out of Pocket (Basically 1st Month) and then 23 more paments of $450.

I was told that the price of the car is $37,325. I dont have the breakdown of all the fees but they are all rolled into the price. I also know that this is a Infiniti Financial Services deal.

This deal is in Northern New Jersey.

I know that the details are limited but could you please let me know if this is a good deal or can i do better.

Thank You,
  • Options
    dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    I had not heard the $500 was for a sale only, I will have to check that out.

Edmunds says:

"Conquest bonus cash is available to current registered owners of a Non-Infiniti vehicle. Offer is good towards the purchase or lease of eligible vehicles."

I would ask other dealers and see what they say. $500 over including dealer fee would be a nice price, less the $500 cash (if allowed). 6mt cars are getting hard to find, I guess dealers are just not ordering many or Infiniti is not making as many.

A short haul on a flat bed might cost $200-300, something like a 500 mile hail would be pretty expensive on a flat bed or a little more on a regular car hauler. If they can divert a car en route to another dealer at an early enough point then it would be "free".

Dennis
  • Options
    sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Personally, I usually choose to pay those fees up front since I don't want to have to finance them. However, if you know that you can make up the cost of financing that money, say by investing, or interest on a savings account....then it might be worth it to you to keep as much in your pocket as possible. it's kind of a personal preference I guess. it's like paying for dinner in cash or putting it on the credit card...if you leave it on the card it costs more with finance charges.
  • Options
    aescottaescott Member Posts: 16
    I hope the 500 credit is good on a lease, however, I have been told twice now that it is only good on a purchase, however, I still am skeptical. In all my dealings now over the phone and internet with various dealers, it is becoming harder for me to trust them outright. However, do you have ANY idea what sort of money a dealer would make on a car if they sold it at invoice to me, is there somewhere I could get access to this info?

-Alex
  • Options
    I e-mailed my dealer and asked and he said that either the $500 Infiniti loyalty cash or the $500 Conquest cash could be combined with the lease deals (but not both on the same deal, of course) without a problem. You do have to show current registration of an Infiniti or some non-Infiniti to get the cash, but there should be no problem combining that with the lease deals. They also have no doc fee, so fly up and drive your new G back home :D .

Dennis
  • Options
    Well, thanks Dennis. That is good news and bad. It means some of the dealers I have been dealing with have not been straight. Is there a chance that the dealers in Texas do not participate in this deal? And if the rebate is coming from the manufacturer, it would seem that the money is not coming out of their pocket, so why would they have a reason to not be forthcoming. Also, thanks again, but where is your dealer, and who should I deal with?

-Alex
  • Options
    hellye1hellye1 Member Posts: 23
    I just leased g35xs and $500.00 rebate WAS applied by the dealer. I'm in NY
  • Options
    If you go to the Edmunds incentives page and put in your ZIP code, does the $500 sedan cash incentive come up for you? It could be regional, I suppose, but the last time they did this is was a national deal. Maybe they THINK it does not apply or maybe they are just trying to keep the extra profit - can't really say.

Dennis
  • Options
    It does come up, so I smell something fishy, but ill get to the bottom of it. What dealer did you get your G from, and who was your salesman?

-Alex
  • Options
    Harper over in Knoxville, TN. I can give you the salesperson's name in the forum.

They may not deal as low as some other dealers, but with $0 doc fee and the $500 customer cash you should be able to get a good deal at a better than most NET price. You will probably have to pay for a locate (car haul) pretty much wherever you buy since you want a 6mt - or you could order a car.

Dennis
  • Options
    daviddotdaviddot Member Posts: 2
    I leased from PrimeInfity of Hanover, Mass., this week and received the conquest $500 as part of the cap reduction.
  • Options
    pchowardpchoward Member Posts: 2
    I just signed up for a lease on a g35x S and received the $500 credit for having a non-infiniti registered car. They informed me of the credit a few days ago at a dealership in Hartford Ct. before I even knew it existed.
  • Options
    pchowardpchoward Member Posts: 2
    I was just about to sign up for this lease but after reading the forums here Im not so sure its still a good deal. Heres the info I have on a G35 awd/prem/

price - $35,899
    residual $25,927
    $3,300 down
    24 months / 16,000 miles / $436 mo
    $10,481 total payments

This deal was then changed to the g35x Sport / prem @ 446 / month
  • Options
    ufcpaufcpa Member Posts: 6
    I've been shopping for a 36 month, 15k mile lease on a G35 sedan w/ just the premium package. The best deal I have to date is for $742 down (first month + inceptions), $458/month, not including sales tax.

Thoughts from any one?
  • Options
    waltazwaltaz Member Posts: 163
    Both of you, don't worry about the monthly until you negotiate the final selling price of the vehicle, which should be around invoice then minus the $500 cash incentive. Then go from there. Maybe up to $1000 down is OK, but certainly not the $3K+.
  • Options
    jlo913jlo913 Member Posts: 2
    I was interested in leasing a G35x with Prem package. Dealership in my area also "includes" painted splash guards and cargo net on every g35 they stock.
    Edmunds MSRP = 37,575; Invoice = 34,444; TMV = 35,961

After reading the posts, which are great by the way, it's my understanding when negotiating selling price I should be shooting for Invoice 34,444 - 500 rebate for total selling price of 33,944. Is my understanding correct, or is that a best case, but improbable, scenario, with a price of TMV - Rebate a more realistic outcome? I live in NJ by the way; not sure if that helps.

Enjoyed reading everyone's posts, learned a lot. Thanks.
  • Options
    That TMV on Edmunds is way inflated, IMO. I'd shoot for the $33,944 figure, and if you end up a couple hundred above that, it's a good deal. Have all your number nailed, and make sure they know you're talking to other dealers and if the one you're at or communicating with doesn't meet your price, you'll go to the next one on your list.
  • Options
    I don't think that is the dealer, around here almost every G has the splash/net/mat stuff in them and they are all port installed options and listed on the MSRP window sticker.

My opinion there are two reasons: to make extra money for Infiniti by making us take these unwanted (but cheap to produce) options. A dealer ordered me a car w/o these options and they still installed them at the port and increased the invoice and MSRP to account for them.

The second reason is so they can show the "final assembly point" on the window sticker to be Jacksonville, FL or wherever your port is. The car is Japanese and made completely in Japan, but by putting SOMETHING on every car at the port they can proclaim the "final assembly point" is in the US.

I would think that a price of around invoice for the car, destination, and any dealer/doc fees would be a nice price. This is after the $500 customer cash is taken off (meaning the dealer is making $500 plus hold back). Anything you can get under invoice for the car/dest/fee just makes the deal sweeter. I would be surprised if you could actually drive off in a new G for $500 under invoice and that price included the fees and destination - but you never know until you try.

Dennis
  • Options
    jlo913jlo913 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks waltaz and dwynne for replying. Is there a general range for reasonable doc fees?

Thanks again.
  • Options
    I'm stuck with $369 - $399 here in AZ and haven't argued them. CA is $55 by state law.
  • Options
    Is there a general range for reasonable doc fees

Reasonable? $0 is reasonable, everything else is too much :D .

When getting quotes be sure they all include the car, destination, and the dealer fee if any. Then you can compare apples to apples and decide who is offering you the best deal. I can quote you $300 under invoice less $500 customer cash, but if I add a $500 and up fee back on top of the deal then that is not so good.

Dennis
  • Options
    vrb747vrb747 Member Posts: 3
    Dennis doesnt Invoice price include destination charges ? They did give me Invoice (inclusive of destination) - 100 on my friend's deal for a G37 about a month ago..
  • Options
    bxxxmartinbxxxmartin Member Posts: 9
    Does anyone know the current money factor and residual values being offered by Infiniti? Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    To ME it does, to a lot of other folks it does, but to some (like Edmunds) it does not. Just make sure your quotes include it and the fees - some dealers will quote the car w/o destination so their price is better than the other dealers, then add destination back onto the deal when you show up to get the car.

Dennis
  • Options
  • Options
    redcesarredcesar Member Posts: 1
    What credit source does the IFS use to determine the tier rate? FICO, Experian, Equifax, TransUnion??
  • Options
    The inquiries they did for my lease show as Equifax.

Dennis
  • Options
    oz44oz44 Member Posts: 15
    Dennis,

My dealership is telling me that if I end up taking delivery in April due to my delay instead of March like I was suppose to then I would still be held to the terms for March. Since that's when I was approved by IFS. Meaning the MF & RD would stay the same as March.

If I understood another post of yours, the MF and RD was based on when you take delivery. Please advise. Are they correct?

By the way for anyone interested. My deal is:

08 G35X - Sport, Nav & Prem package
    Sale price $37,000 ($245 under invoice)
    Dealer fee $299 (high, but couldn't get them to budge)
    less $500 rebate
    =
    Total cost $36,799 ($446 under invoice)

Aqu. Fee ($595) and first month payment w/ GA tax ($467) plus tag paid up front.
  • Options
    guru_ckguru_ck Member Posts: 25
    Bought my car from Sacramento Infiniti today... overall a pleasurable experience. I'm from the Bay Area and no one down here wanted to deal so I drove two hours to Sacramento.

2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe
    Premium, Navigation, Illuminated Kick Plates, Splash Guards, Cargo Net, Trunk Mat
    36 Months
    15k/year

Gross Cap: $38,968.44 ($595 acquisition fee rolled in)
    Drive Off: $825.06 (First Month + DMV)
    Monthly: $503.31 (includes 8.25% tax)

AMAZING DEAL!
  • Options
    Never heard of that and would think you would have to use the April numbers if you sign the contract and take delivery in April (and the contract is properly dated).

Dennis
  • Options
    That's just it, they're saying they will back date the contract to 31 Mar. We'll see what happens.

Chris
  • Options
    kofekofe Member Posts: 3
    Hi!
    G35 Journey, Premium + Navigation pkg + trunk cargo net
    What do you think about proposed lease:
    MSRP - 37725
    Adjusted Capitalized cost -34578

24 month lease at 12K per year
    monthly payment $495 including tax

Drive off - reg(292)+tax(42.5)+salestax(54.40)+doc fee(45)+DMV elec filing(28)+tire fee(8.75)+aqu.fee(595)

Is it good? OK? rip off?
    Any advise will be appreciated
    Thanks
  • Options
    Some thoughts:

1) I am not sure that is legal

2) I would look / wait until the April numbers are out before deciding if I wanted to do this or not. April numbers could be just as good or even better, we don't know.

3) The $500 conquest/loyalty cash deal runs through 3/31 and may or may not be carried over into April. So in addition to the lease numbers, if you are looking at a sedan you need to keep this in mind.

4) Your lease ends 24/36/39 months from the date on the contract. If you sign a contract in mid-April that is dated 3/31 then you just lost half a month of your lease. Depending on when you sign, keep this in mind if they ask you to sign a back dated contract - are the days lost worth any savings?

Dennis
  • Options
    We were just talking about this a couple of weeks back and I thought this info from the FICO folks might be of interest. The words are theirs, the emphasis is mine :D .

New inquiries on your credit report may lower your FICO® score by a modest amount. Multiple inquiries can lower your score a little more than a single inquiry. But note that multiple inquiries within a two-week period that are associated with home or auto loans are treated as a single inquiry.

Multiple inquiries may indicate that you are in desperate search of credit. Typically, the more badly you need credit, the greater the chances that you cannot pay debts. This is why inquiries can cause a modest drop in your FICO® score.

You only receive inquiry alerts as the result of applying for new credit accounts or opening a new account with a lender. These are the only types of inquiries that affects your FICO® score. Other kinds of inquiries, such as promotional inquiries made by credit card companies to pre-approve you for an offer, have no effect. Similarly, inquiries resulting from you accessing your own credit report, have no effect.
  • Options
    What do you guys think of this deal. I can buy a 2008 G35X here in Maryland with the premium package, nav package, wood trim, cargo net, and splash guards. The sticker price is $39925 and I can get it for $35500 including the rebate. I think this is a pretty good deal. What do you guys think? I want to lease and they said they would give me the same money factor and residaul that were listed earlier in this thread for the month of March.
  • Options
    If the $35,500 includes the destination and dealer fees that is a nice price. If they will do the lease at this price and using the buy rate money factors then I would go for it.

Dennis
  • Options
    Thanks. it does include destination. However, it doesn't includea $99 dealer processing fee and a 595 acqusition fee. Dealer says these aren't negotiable. Have you found this to be the case?
  • Options
    Yes, the $595 bank (acquisition) fee has to be paid. $99 is not bad for a doc fee, some Infiniti dealers charge $500 or more for this. Even adding the $99 to the price you posted you still are more than $500 under invoice, so that is a great price.

Dennis
  • Options
    nathannnathann Member Posts: 5
    Here's what I got, seems to be a bit of a twist on what people are getting:

2008 Infiniti G37 6MT Coupe
    Premium, Splash Guards, Cargo Net, Trunk Mat
    24 Months
    12k/year

MSRP: $39,565
    Gross Cap: $37,683 - $500 rebate
    Residual: $30,069.40
    MF: .0029
    Drive Off: $1,266.72 (First Month + $179 DMV + $595 acquisition)
    Monthly: $492.72

They would not budge on the Tier 0 MF being lower than .0029, but said IFS had just started offering to pay for sales tax, which in Texas would have been another $3k or so on the gross cap. I'm wondering if they shifted some of that into the MF for Texas dealerships? Regardless, I'm happy with the car and the price. Just want to make sure that, if I got screwed, someone else can learn from it. Thanks!
  • Options
    Edmunds does not show the customer cash for coupes, only for sedans. That does not mean they are correct - but that is curious.

Dennis
  • Options
    cgold79cgold79 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, all,

Even though i didn't get a resonse to my question about G35x w/Prem that i was offered, i went ahead and took delivery of the car on Saturday.

I love the car and the deal i think is fair. Like i said before it ended up with 450 total out of poket and 450 per month there after for a 24/12k lease.

I still would like to know what you guys think about this deal, if any one wants to chime in.

Thanks,
    Chuck
  • Options
    Yeah, I thought it was weird too. The finance guy had it on his screen already when I got to that step. He said something about Edmunds having it mislabeled, and it was applicable to leases as well. But that would imply it was showing up for coupe purchases, too. It worked out, as I had no interest in putting any cap cost money down, but that $500 got me under the $500/month cutoff I'd set for myself.
  • Options
    kofekofe Member Posts: 3
    Can you guys give me your opinion on my proposed deal? I would like to know if this is at least OK deal or not. Thanks in advance
  • Options
    Look up invoice on the car you got, compare that with the negotiated price after taking off the $500 customer cash and adding the dealer's doc fee. If you are under invoice you did good, if your price is over invoice you did not as good. If you leased at the lease buy rate (posted earlier in the month) and got a good price then you have a nice lease deal.

Dennis
  • Options
    Look up invoice on the car you are looking at, compare that with the negotiated price you have so far after taking off the $500 customer cash and adding the dealer's doc fee. If you are under invoice you have a nice price, if your price is over invoice you should try for a lower price.

Make sure your lease money factor is at the tier 0/1 buy rate as posted earlier in the month.

At or under invoice for the car, destination, and dealer fee less the $500 cash is a nice price - for sure when leased at the current IFS buy rates.

Dennis
  • Options
    Which dealer in MD are you dealing with. JBA?
  • Options
    It could be regional, but I checked with my salesman and he confirmed that the $500 loyalty / conquest cash is available only on sedans and not on coupes.

So maybe it is available where your live, or they got it wrong. If the latter, I hope the dealer eats that money rather than make you come back in and sign new paperwork at a $500 higher price.

Dennis
  • Options
    Could be an interesting trip in when I get my post-sale addons later this week. If they don't plan on eating it, I hope they still have my old car around :-).
  • Options
    They always get you to sign one of those "if the financing does not come through" documents in case something like this happens. Even honest dealers CAN collect money for the days and miles the car has been in the buyer's possession if the deal does not fund. For honest dealers this is just for their protection if things turn nasty. There are some dishonest dealers that have insane high prices and wait days/weeks before they call folks back - at that point it is either accept their new higher terms or pay them hundreds/thousands in penalties per this agreement.

If there is a just an honest mistake with an honest dealer then there should be no drama.

Dennis
  • Options
    leo72leo72 Member Posts: 3
    Chuck,
    Where did you get such a sweet deal?
    thanks in advance