Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    purellpurell Member Posts: 7
    Just got offered $445/mo - it seems like Infiniti wants to move this car. Not if this car is better than a Acura TL quite yet.
  • Options
    waltazwaltaz Member Posts: 163
    The G35 crushes the Acura TL
  • Options
    gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    445 with tax? If so, thats pretty good. 453 is lowest i got for a G37, but its base.

I don't think they are that desperate to move this car just yet. The money factor is still kinda high in my opinion (4.46%). If they dropped it to around 3s, I think it'd show more incentive for them to move the car.
    Personally, I think the TL is a good car and the deals going on right now are very good. But lets face it, its older and underpowered compared to the G35.
  • Options
    wesamwesam Member Posts: 13
    Dennis,

Isn't it 2% for a 12k, and 3% for a 10k?
  • Options
    straightdopestraightdope Member Posts: 62
    Hey Kars08,
    Just leased a G35 Journey Premium in So California last day of March. Don't have the paperwork with me now so I will post the exact lease figures here later. In short, the deal was:
    $379/mo + $31tax (8.25%)= $410/mo for 36 months.
    Drive off: $900 net ($1400-500 Infiniti rebate). Included 1st months payment.
    12k/miles year
    So total lease cost: $15,250
    Again, this was in metro LA and subject to the March conquest rebate which I think they aren't offering anymore. If you are in an area with more than a handful of Inf dealers, find the exact car (vin# or stock #) you want on their respective websites and ask each for their best internet sales price. Some will reply trying to get info out of you that will help them massage the offer to appeal to you (leasing? trade-in? monthly payment?), ignore them and ask them for the sales price again. Take the lowest three quotes and ask for their lease options on that car.
    You should be able to get a G35 Jy Prem for around $380 month before tax with around $1000 drive off.
  • Options
    abhutaabhuta Member Posts: 20
    Am I correct that last month's lease program is better than this month's. It seems like everything is identical except for the $500 rebate, which I believe is no longer available. Does anyone know if I am correct? :confuse:
  • Options
    dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Tarry always posts +2% for 12k and +3% for 10k leases, but when I have received quotes from dealers it is 1% and 2%. The dealer can't change the residual, so if they give you the percentage it is the "right one".

Dennis
  • Options
    The numbers I posted for April are about the same as the numbers I posted for the BEGINNING of March (IFS changed the rates mid-month) for the sedan. The coupe rate is lower but the residual is down as well. I will be posted my updated chart soon, but all of the sedan payments went up due to no $500 customer cash. Journey coupes went up a little bit but 6mt sport coupes went up a good bit.

Dennis
  • Options
    As always, this is based on the buying the G for $500 over dealer invoice less any customer cash for a 36 month, 15k mile lease. I STILL have not adjusted the prices to reflect the new, slightly higher invoice (for cars made after Jan 08). This includes no sales tax and is not a suggestion as to what your payment should or could be, it is simply a comparison of the payments for the same models month to month. Due to the loss of the customer cash on the sedans the payments are up on those. The only model close to the same is the journey (automatic) coupe.

Click here for the chart image

Dennis
  • Options
    mawan74mawan74 Member Posts: 3
    Got this offer today...

2 years/12,000 miles per
    G37 Journey
    sport pkg
    prem pkg
    navigation
    illum kick plates
    some other bs infiniti makes you pay for
    MSRP is 43895

also got him to give me the aftermarket wood trim upgrade (i guess the dealership charges 450)

576/month with only first month's payment due at signing.

any thoughts?
  • Options
    kens7255kens7255 Member Posts: 2
    Tacoma at Fife ... bought the car last Saturday (leased) - wow, I love this thing
  • Options
    max8085max8085 Member Posts: 13
    I think you can do better, if you live in or near NY email my friend at the dealership infinitijoe@gmail.com he can probably help you out
  • Options
    604doc604doc Member Posts: 182
    Congrats on the new G! How was Fife to deal with?

Nelson
  • Options
    dknysaedknysae Member Posts: 2
    Hey everyone its kinda late but picked up an 08 g35x blue slate/graphite interior late february. With all the lease deals infiniti has going on couldnt resist taking them up on the offer for the 2yr lease on the g35x.

08 G35x premium package splash guards and trunk cargo net
    Gross Cap Cost 34,636.89
    Cap cost reduction 541.34
    First month payment 399
    Security Dep 0
    Title fees registration fees (needed new plates ) 160
    Tax on cap cost reduction 45.34
    Sales tax paid in advance 801.99
    Doc fee and NY State tire fee 57.50
    Acquistion fee 595.00
    Acq fee tax 49.83
    Total 2650.00

I was just wondering if this was a good deal or not. I meant to ask my salesman this question but for someone to get this deal what kind of credit score do you need? I got it with no problems but i never checked my credit score before i went to the dealer.
  • Options
    purellpurell Member Posts: 7
    Is the g35x worth it over the g35? I got 410/mo for g35 and 425/mo for the g35x. 15k, 3 yr, 2k down w/ nav
  • Options
    shaun133shaun133 Member Posts: 2
    I was just playing around with a lease for the G37S 6MT... 10k (75%) and .00194 mf.

My question is what is the real msd policy of Infiniti. I searched the forum i'm reading that its upto 7 security deposits reducing it by 0.0001 each or is it upto 10 reducing by 0.0001. I have seen both on the forums, thanks.

MSRP $36,515.00
    Cap Cost $34,000.00
    Cap Cost Reduction $0.00
    Adjusted Cap $34,000.00
    Residual $27,386.25
    Depreciation $6,613.75
    Monthly Depreciation $275.57
    Monthly Rental $119.09
    Base Monthly Payment $394.66
    Monthly Use Tax $23.68
    Total Monthly Payment $418.34
    Total of Payments $10,040.21
  • Options
    psquaredpsquared Member Posts: 17
    purell,

I just turned in an 05x for an 08xS. First off you will find too many arguments here about why the hell anyone would get an xSport. I live in Indiana and the all wheel drive was THE deciding factor for our new car. It really comes through in adverse weather conditions. Secondly I was looking for the options, 18" wheels, seats, suspension etc....If you live in a dry climate with no snow and little rain I cannot see a reason to recommend an x. But I will challenge any non x owner from a dead start in any but the driest conditions. As you sit and spin you will be looking at my rear bumper a quarter mile ahead of you. I cant tell you how many TL's I leave in the dust as they spin out and torque steer from a stop light. In dry and wet, traction control off, this car absolutely sticks to the road like super glue... You will not be disappointed... :)
  • Options
    trusaleen1trusaleen1 Member Posts: 98
    2008 G37 Coupe Journey,with premium package, performance wheel upgrade package, and cargo net. They are selling the car for what I believe to be invoice ($36500). this is from oakland california infinti.

MSRP is 39675 (or something like that)
    24 months
    12,000 miles
    MF- .00194
    Residual 71%
    $2750 cash down
    $399 a month plus tax
  • Options
    brian62brian62 Member Posts: 31
    Regarding the chart.

I assume this does not include title and license. What about Doc and Acquisition fees?
  • Options
    ed2008ed2008 Member Posts: 1
    I am in Western Michigan and am looking at a G35x with Premium and Navigation packages. We have a 6% sales tax. They are offering it at a $1000 under MRSP for a 3year12k lese rate of $543/month with $950 out the door. Is there something special about Michigan or are they hosing me?

Ed2000
  • Options
    It is just the G sold for $500 over invoice and nothing else. All the cars have just the premium pack and nothing else on them. No bank fee or any other fees included.

As I said, it is not meant to be a chart to tell you how much you should pay for a similar car, just to reference each month to the others to see when is a good time to buy.

For example, based on the loss of the $500 sedan incentive for April, the prices are up this month compared to what you could do last month.

Dennis
  • Options
    2005g352005g35 Member Posts: 2
    I never leased a car - I always buy them, but from friends I hear that:

Always go for the full year terms (i.e. 36 months, not 39), because you will have to pay a 100%, full year of DMV registration when you enter month #37, but you will be using the car for only 3 months (25%) of that year.

My 2 cents...
  • Options
    mickylongmickylong Member Posts: 29
    Does anyone know if the current lease program on the G37 Journey is the same as the March program (and likely to be extended past April)? Also, I haven't seen the actual base rate and residual they are using to calculate the lease rates. Any info on that? Any info would be appreciated
  • Options
    It depends on where you live, but for many folks (like me) you simply transfer your tags from your lease turn in to your new lease vehicle for a modest fee. So there is no reason not to go for an odd lease term if you live where that is the case. If where you live the tags are in the lease bank's name and/or transfers are not allowed and tags are high, then sticking with a 12/24/36 lease would save you money.

Dennis
  • Options
    I have posted the April lease rates here in the forum, just scroll back a few pages to find them - or search.

None of us knows what the rates will do for next month.

Dennis
  • Options
    sstoykosstoyko Member Posts: 11
    Hi, I've read your posts and I'm just a little unsure about my deal. The dealer has to get the car from another dealer that is 150 miles away.

G37 Journey - $35,250
    P01 Premium Package - $3,200
    T92 Trunk Cargo Net - $60
    Destination Charge - $715
    Total with Options $39,225 (Invoice $35,928)

Negotiated Car Cost - $36,428 (Invoice + $500)
    Bank Fee - $ 595
    Documentation Fee - $ 499 (Everyone here in GA charges this, and I can't get them to budge)
    Gross Cap Cost - $37,522

Residual - $27,850 (71% 0f $39,225)
    Money Factor - 0.00104 (0.00194 - (9 * 0.0001))

Upfronts
    Cap Cost Reduction - $ 1,182 (Bank Fee + Doc Fee + $88)
    Sales Tax on Reduc - $ 83
    Security Deposit - $ 4,050 (MSD - 9 @ $450)
    Title & Reg - $ 43
    Total Upfronts - $ 5,806

24 Months
    15,000 Miles per Year
    $450 per Month ($421 + 7% Sales Tax)
  • Options
    superman2424superman2424 Member Posts: 11
    What fees should I expect to have to come up with??? For example, when seeing the invoice price listed on Edmunds, does that exclude doc/prep fees, license fees and taxes? For example, I'm looking at a G35X with premium, NAV, cargo net, and splash guards.. Invoice is $36,297.. Should I anticipate paying taxes and other fees out of pcket when signing a lease? Can they be rolled into the lease?? If so, what is financially the smartest way to pay for them?

Secondly, I have 2 payments left on my '04 G and I'm 20,000 miles under my lease. Dealer is telling me my only option is to roll the final two payments into the new lease since I was in a minor fender bender, carfax reports an accident and the appraised value is less than buyout price. Honesty or looking to inflate my cap cost???

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    If you car has been in an accident, then it is likely that the wholesale value of the car is below your residual value of your original lease.

This is just one of the reasons why I lease, if you get in an accident, you don't take the loss in value.
  • Options
    Any thoughts on where the prices will be in the next 60 days?

I know this is a tough question, but you seem to have more info then most and since you are following the price of the car I would think your guess is better then mine.

I ask because I have two more lease payments on my current car, if I roll these into a new G35, then the price will go up about $30 a month. My concern is that if I wait a month or two, then the residual will go down or the money factor up costing me at least that much a month. I don't mind waiting, but if it is a wash I would love to get into the new car now.

I know that I will get responses with, "nobody knows what will happen next month". But anyone have a guess?
  • Options
    Are they charging you anything for the "locate" (drive or haul the car you want to your dealer) ? If not then this is just a "OK" deal, if they are charging you then it sounds like a bad deal.

I got my G37 from Harper in Knoxville and they have a $0 doc fee. So if you could get them to do the car for the same or similar price you could save $500 by just driving a little bit. Even better if you knew someone who worked for Nissan or if your company did work for them, then you could get a VPP claim for and get the car from Harper for about $300 over invoice and no fee.

Dennis
  • Options
    With 20k miles under your G may be worth a good bit more than the residual - accident or not. If you have documentation of the fender bender - photos, body shop quote and receipt, etc then you can show the damage is very minor and would not be a concern to another buyer.

I would compare your current buy out price to the current trade value of the car, you may find it is worth a bit more than the buy out. Then get a dealer to BUY your car from you and roll the profit (if any) into the new deal and not the negative equity you dealer wants you to do. With this new knowledge you may be able to talk your dealer into just buying your G for buy out price :D .

If you can't work a deal to have them BUY the car, then I would just wait until you are ready to turn the old car in to work the new deal - I think.

For example, my wife was over miles on her last lease but we got a dealer to buy the car for the buyout price at that time. So no turn in hassles and no mileage penalty applied. If you know a dealer that can handle the transaction for you, you can also sell your G to a private party and likely make a nice profit - even after paying the dealer for their trouble.

Dennis
  • Options
    You do have to have the car properly repaired. If the lease inspector does not like the repair then you can be stuck with fees for "doing it right" after you turn in the car. A pre turn in inspection is key, since if they complain about the repair you take it back to where it was fixed and/or your insurance and get it done properly.

Dennis
  • Options
    If you look at the chart here the best time to lease was last month. If you look at payments from the last year they were pretty steady from June through December for most models. Based on that, I would say they may be about the same and don't hurry. Of course, you could have saved money on most Gs has you leased LAST month......

All that said, the economy is slowing down so most car sales are likely to slow as well. Infiniti will do what they need to do to try to keep sales up if they slow. That may mean better deals ahead - I would think.

As I mentioned, you can always see if your current car is worth more wholesale than costs to buy it out right now. If you get any dealer to buy it from you for the current buyout, you walk away and go do your new deal.

Dennis
  • Options
    prometheoprometheo Member Posts: 2
    After going back and forth with a couple of dealers I received the following quote today. I'm looking to see if this is a decent deal with the current 12k/24mo lease incentive for April:

$3,000 out the door
    $247/mo (including all taxes and fees)
    24mo/12k mi
    No maintenance costs for 30k miles.

Any insight would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    While the payment sounds cheap, I would not put that much money into it up front.

We also need to know:

The model (G35 or G35)

The trim level and all options.

MSRP and invoice

What you are paying for the car?

Is this an IFS closed end lease or through a 3rd party bank?

Residual and money factor for the lease?

There is/was a dealer in NY that was promoting really cheap G leases but it turned out they were 3rd party open end leases, which is not something anyone would want to sign.

Dennis
  • Options
    laderakingladeraking Member Posts: 69
    $490 + tax for 24 months on this G35:

80807 Platinum Graphite / Graphite
    Trunk Cargo Net
    Premium Package
    Navigation Package
    Purchase Price $37,725

0 down and using 500 loyalty cash

Thoughts?

I would love to get it for a OTD monthly of 500.00
  • Options
    According to Edmunds, the $500 loyalty / conquest cash for sedans expired at the end of March. I just double checked and they are not showing it......

Dennis
  • Options
    superman2424superman2424 Member Posts: 11
    Great advice Dennis.. I was thinking something similar, but it's always reassuring to hear it from an expert...

Any insight to the 2nd part of my question? What kind of money should I be writing a check for on my new lease??? Taxes, doc/prep fees, etc... or is that rolled into the invoice price...If not invoice, then Cap. Cost?
  • Options
    zmonetzmonet Member Posts: 6
    I can't seem to get a clear answer from the Maryland DMV or a Maryland dealer. I have a lease on a 2006 Infiniti G35. The price of the vehicle that the lease was based on was roughly $40,000 a year and a four months ago. I live in Virginia and therefore paid a 3% excise tax. There are roughly 8 months left on my lease and I am moving to Maryland where there is a 6% excise tax. I know I will need to pay the difference in excise tax, but is that computed on the $40,000 or is it based on the remainder of my payments? It seems ridiculous that I would need to pay so much money to title a vehicle for so little time. If I'm truly paying 3% on $40,000 for less than 8 months worth of usage, maybe I should end my lease early?

Both Virginia and Maryland are states that require you to pay your sales tax upfront.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
  • Options
    prometheoprometheo Member Posts: 2
    G35 Premium - Without NAV

MSRP - $35,515
    IFS Closed end lease

The Money Factor is 0.00162
    The Residual Amount is 71.00%

$3,000 Drive off
    24 Month
    12,000 miles per year

Monthy Payment is $359.22 including taxes

What do you think?
  • Options
    You can do the lease any way you want. We negotiate the price of the car with destination and dealer fees included, then there is the $595 bank fee and your local state title, tags, and taxes (whatever they are). You can choose to pay them at signing or roll them into the lease. With a nice low rate I usually just roll it all into the lease and pay just the first month's payment at signing. It the lease rate was high, I don't know what I would do since I never have signed a lease like that :D . Seriously, if you have a high lease rate then you may want to pay a little more of the extras at signing.

I would never put a lot of money into a lease, if you car is stolen or totalled your insurance will pay off the lease bank and you will be out all your money.

Dennis
  • Options
    How much are you paying for the car? How much is the dealer's "doc" or "prep" fee?

I would not put that much down at signing, do no more than first month's payment.

Dennis
  • Options
    rlbjr2rlbjr2 Member Posts: 91
    I am looking to lease a G35x w/ premium pkg. Does this sound like a good deal?
    36 mo./15k mi.
    G35x w/ premium pkg.
    MSRP $37,815
    Invoice $34,701
    Resid. 60%($22,689)
    MF 0.00160 base - 0.0009(9 MSD's) = 0.0007
    Cap Cost $34,701

Monthly payment $375 + tax(7%NJ) = $400 mo.

I would pay the normal upfront fees. I just want to know if this numbers of this deal makes sense or am I not calculating correctly? Thanks in advance.

Bob
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi ks1123. Infiniti Financial Services' April lease money factor and residual value for the 2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan should be exactly the same as they were in March.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Hi iioneosixii. According to Edmunds.com, the dealer invoice price for a 2008 Infiniti G35x with just the navigation and Premium Package options is currently $36,137. If these are the only options that the car that you are interested in has, then the selling price that you were quoted is probably around $650 over dealer invoice. This is a good deal. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00160 to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi purell. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. Look around in this discussion to get an idea of what a good selling price would be on this car right now and then make sure that the dealer that you are working with is providing you with an adequate discount before finalizing your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi dknysae. Looking at your car's MSRP in relation to its selling price is a great way to evaluate this deal. These two numbers will show you how much of a discount the dealer gave you on your car. Do you know what the MSRP is?

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    brodwaybrodway Member Posts: 85
    If i'm reading this deal correctly, you are paying invoice for the vehicle and buying down the rate with multiple security deposits. If so, i think this is a very fair deal.
    Unfortunately the $500 dealer incentive is gone, but $400 a month for a vehicle of this caliber is reasonable. Do you mind sharing the dealer you are using to generate this quote? I'm shopping for the same care in June and starting to shop around.
  • Options
    This may sound like a silly response, purell. But whether you should get the G35x over the G35 really boils down to whether you live in an area where you would need AWD during the winter. My mother-in-law has a G35x because we live in an area where it snows and she has an extremely steep driveway. She would not have even considered a 2WD car.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi shaun133. the last time I looked into its multiple security deposit program, Infiniti Financial Services provided lessees with a .00010 money factor reduction for every additional deposit that they make, up to a maximum of nine.

Car_man
    Host