Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Have you recently used your tax refund (or are you planning on using your tax refund) toward the payment of a new or used vehicle? Or, are you planning on using your tax refund toward any expenses related to your car?
If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by Friday, January 25 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.

Are you the parent of a generation Z child (born in the mid-1990s to the early 2000s)? Do you have differing opinions on the importance of buying a car, what types of vehicles you're interested in, or just how you view cars in general? If so, a reporter would like to speak with you and your child. Please reach out to [email protected] by Friday, January 25 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.

Car Buying Advice - G90 lease quote question

uncle_maxuncle_max Posts: 17
edited January 15 in Genesis
Hello All,

Need advise on this lease quote. Some of the fees concern me.

Thanks

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 104,325
    uncle_max said:

Hello All,

Need advise on this lease quote. Some of the fees concern me.

Thanks

We don't have the current Genesis programs to verify money factor and residual.
    The CAP taxes is the sales tax on the rebate.
    The acquisition fee is added to the CAP cost.
    That leaves the $250 and $900.45 fees.
    You'll have to ask the dealership for an itemization of those.
    The calculations are correct.

What state is this?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• uncle_maxuncle_max Posts: 17
    Florida
    If MF/ Res are okay does it seem like a reasonable deal?

Thanks
    uncle_max said:

Florida

uncle_max said:

If MF/ Res are okay does it seem like a reasonable deal?

Thanks

We don't really follow pricing, but relative to the MSRP, it looks like a good deal.
    Since you are in Florida, I'm going to assume there is a big $799 dealer fee hiding in that $900.45 number.

Edmunds Moderator

• dwoltematedwoltemate Posts: 3
    How many miles on this lease?
    36M/12k lease.
  • Silver1Silver1 60302Posts: 4
    I have a question about the 2018 G90 3.3T. The dealer is saying this particular car is AWD. Carfax based on the Vin# is saying it is RWD. Are there any identifying markers to be able to tell the difference?
    Silver1 said:

I have a question about the 2018 G90 3.3T. The dealer is saying this particular car is AWD. Carfax based on the Vin# is saying it is RWD. Are there any identifying markers to be able to tell the difference?

Sorry, no experience looking at these. Google Images?
    Or, take a trip to your local Genesis dealer and look around.

The pictures I've seen don't show any AWD designations, though.

Ask him to email you a copy of the window sticker.

Edmunds Moderator

• SunnyD12SunnyD12 Posts: 3
    Do you have MF and Residual on 2019 Genesis G80 and G90? Looking at 2019 G80 3.8 with ultimate package for $53,265 or 2019 G90 3.3 V6 for $69,345. Zip code 34109
    Those are MSRP. Employee discount through friend brings G80 to $42,385 and G90 to $57,184 before any extras (dealer fee etc). Have never leased though so don't know how MF and RV will affect payments. Credit score over 800
    SunnyD12 said:

Do you have MF and Residual on 2019 Genesis G80 and G90? Looking at 2019 G80 3.8 with ultimate package for $53,265 or 2019 G90 3.3 V6 for $69,345. Zip code 34109

Assuming RWD
    36/15
    G80: .00018 MF and 52% residual
    G90: .00008 MF and 43% residual. $7000 lease cash

Edmunds Moderator

SunnyD12 said:

Those are MSRP. Employee discount through friend brings G80 to $42,385 and G90 to $57,184 before any extras (dealer fee etc). Have never leased though so don't know how MF and RV will affect payments. Credit score over 800

G80: $421/mo+tax, assuming all fees and first payment upfront (dealer fees suck in FL)
    G90: $767/mo.+tax (if the $7K lease cash comes off that, which is unlikely, then $572/mo.=tax)

I'd forget about the G90. I see those advertised for $699-$799/mo.

The G80 looks like a decent deal.

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you very much! You think they won't give lease cash on top of the employee discount on the G90? I'm assuming that's why you said lease cash is unlikely.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 94,170
    SunnyD12 said:

Thank you very much! You think they won't give lease cash on top of the employee discount on the G90? I'm assuming that's why you said lease cash is unlikely.

It's possible. You'll have to check with your dealer on that.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4