Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Car Buying Advice - G90 lease quote question

uncle_maxuncle_max Member Posts: 17
edited January 2019 in Genesis
Hello All,

Need advise on this lease quote. Some of the fees concern me.

Thanks

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,777
    uncle_max said:

Hello All,

Need advise on this lease quote. Some of the fees concern me.

Thanks

We don't have the current Genesis programs to verify money factor and residual.
    The CAP taxes is the sales tax on the rebate.
    The acquisition fee is added to the CAP cost.
    That leaves the $250 and $900.45 fees.
    You'll have to ask the dealership for an itemization of those.
    The calculations are correct.

What state is this?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• uncle_maxuncle_max Member Posts: 17
    Florida
    If MF/ Res are okay does it seem like a reasonable deal?

Thanks
    uncle_max said:

Florida

uncle_max said:

If MF/ Res are okay does it seem like a reasonable deal?

Thanks

We don't really follow pricing, but relative to the MSRP, it looks like a good deal.
    Since you are in Florida, I'm going to assume there is a big $799 dealer fee hiding in that $900.45 number.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dwoltematedwoltemate Member Posts: 3
    How many miles on this lease?
    36M/12k lease.
  • Silver1Silver1 Member Posts: 14
    I have a question about the 2018 G90 3.3T. The dealer is saying this particular car is AWD. Carfax based on the Vin# is saying it is RWD. Are there any identifying markers to be able to tell the difference?
    Silver1 said:

I have a question about the 2018 G90 3.3T. The dealer is saying this particular car is AWD. Carfax based on the Vin# is saying it is RWD. Are there any identifying markers to be able to tell the difference?

Sorry, no experience looking at these. Google Images?
    Or, take a trip to your local Genesis dealer and look around.

The pictures I've seen don't show any AWD designations, though.

Ask him to email you a copy of the window sticker.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• SunnyD12SunnyD12 Member Posts: 10
    Do you have MF and Residual on 2019 Genesis G80 and G90? Looking at 2019 G80 3.8 with ultimate package for $53,265 or 2019 G90 3.3 V6 for $69,345. Zip code 34109
    Those are MSRP. Employee discount through friend brings G80 to $42,385 and G90 to $57,184 before any extras (dealer fee etc). Have never leased though so don't know how MF and RV will affect payments. Credit score over 800
    SunnyD12 said:

Do you have MF and Residual on 2019 Genesis G80 and G90? Looking at 2019 G80 3.8 with ultimate package for $53,265 or 2019 G90 3.3 V6 for $69,345. Zip code 34109

Assuming RWD
    36/15
    G80: .00018 MF and 52% residual
    G90: .00008 MF and 43% residual. $7000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

SunnyD12 said:

Those are MSRP. Employee discount through friend brings G80 to $42,385 and G90 to $57,184 before any extras (dealer fee etc). Have never leased though so don't know how MF and RV will affect payments. Credit score over 800

G80: $421/mo+tax, assuming all fees and first payment upfront (dealer fees suck in FL)
    G90: $767/mo.+tax (if the $7K lease cash comes off that, which is unlikely, then $572/mo.=tax)

I'd forget about the G90. I see those advertised for $699-$799/mo.

The G80 looks like a decent deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you very much! You think they won't give lease cash on top of the employee discount on the G90? I'm assuming that's why you said lease cash is unlikely.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011
    SunnyD12 said:

Thank you very much! You think they won't give lease cash on top of the employee discount on the G90? I'm assuming that's why you said lease cash is unlikely.

It's possible. You'll have to check with your dealer on that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Let me know if I need to switch this to a G80 forum, since we ended up discussing a G80 purchase instead.

With the Hyundai Circle certificate (hyundai corporate employee family/friends discount), the buyer must do what Hyundai Motor Finance calls a "Standard Lease". This is apparently different from what a Tier 1 credit (over 800) buyer would normally get. So even though the Hyundai Circle discount certificate brings the G80 price to about $9,000 below MSRP, the dealership says the better deal is to use their regular lease with the usual incentives. MF on the regular lease supposedly translates to 1/2% interest but MF on "standard lease" translates to about 7% interest. This is according to the dealer, but how can that be verified?

Deal offered is $49,800 on 2019 G80 with Ultimate Package, which has MSRP of $53,265 and invoice of $50,426.

Monthly payment for 36/12 is $661 including tax.

So do you know whether the regular Hyundai lease MF could possibly be that much different from what Hyundai refers to as a "standard lease"?

And is the $661 payment a good deal?!
    SunnyD12 said:

Let me know if I need to switch this to a G80 forum, since we ended up discussing a G80 purchase instead.

With the Hyundai Circle certificate (hyundai corporate employee family/friends discount), the buyer must do what Hyundai Motor Finance calls a "Standard Lease". This is apparently different from what a Tier 1 credit (over 800) buyer would normally get. So even though the Hyundai Circle discount certificate brings the G80 price to about $9,000 below MSRP, the dealership says the better deal is to use their regular lease with the usual incentives. MF on the regular lease supposedly translates to 1/2% interest but MF on "standard lease" translates to about 7% interest. This is according to the dealer, but how can that be verified?

Deal offered is $49,800 on 2019 G80 with Ultimate Package, which has MSRP of $53,265 and invoice of $50,426.

Monthly payment for 36/12 is $661 including tax.

So do you know whether the regular Hyundai lease MF could possibly be that much different from what Hyundai refers to as a "standard lease"?

And is the $661 payment a good deal?!

Yes, please re-post here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/52864/genesis/g80/2019-genesis-g80-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.