Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Land Rover Discovery Lease Questions

Comments

• bluecyclonebluecyclone Member Posts: 37
    Excellent thank you. What would the current MF and residual be on an HSE in Pittsburgh 10/36.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145

Excellent thank you. What would the current MF and residual be on an HSE in Pittsburgh 10/36.

55% and .00126

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• pryby66pryby66 Member Posts: 3
    Hi- I'm looking at a Land Rover Discovery HSE Lux with MSRP of $66,185. Can you help with money factor and residual on a 39-month lease with 10k miles/year in New York? Thanks!
    Hello again and thank you again for the advice.

do you have any insight on what discount I could request on a 2017 Discovery HSE that is being sold as new with 3200 miles? I'm assuming it is a demo? It doesn't appear as a part of the loaner fleet? Would be looking to lease 10/36.
  • bosephus15bosephus15 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Would you please provide the MF and Residual values for a Discovery HSE?  I'm considering 36 month and 39 month terms for 7,500 & 10k miles. I'm in the NY metro area. Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    pryby66 said:

Hi- I'm looking at a Land Rover Discovery HSE Lux with MSRP of $66,185. Can you help with money factor and residual on a 39-month lease with 10k miles/year in New York? Thanks!

.00060 MF and 49% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hello again and thank you again for the advice.

do you have any insight on what discount I could request on a 2017 Discovery HSE that is being sold as new with 3200 miles? I'm assuming it is a demo? It doesn't appear as a part of the loaner fleet? Would be looking to lease 10/36.

.00126 MF and 55% residual

Sorry, can't help you with the pricing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hello,

Would you please provide the MF and Residual values for a Discovery HSE?  I'm considering 36 month and 39 month terms for 7,500 & 10k miles. I'm in the NY metro area. Thanks!

36/10: .00126 MF and 55% residual
    39/10: .00131 MF and 52% residual

Add 1% for 7.5K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

.00060 MF and 49% residual (Pryby 66)
    .00131 MF and 52% residual (Bosephus15)

Hi- can you explain why the huge variation in MF and residual for the same product in the NY market?
    pryby66 said:

.00060 MF and 49% residual (Pryby 66)
    .00131 MF and 52% residual (Bosephus15)

Hi- can you explain why the huge variation in MF and residual for the same product in the NY market?

Two different trims

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Wow - the trim is the difference between an effective interest rate of 1.44% and 3.14%?
    Are these through Chase or another bank?
    pryby66 said:

Wow - the trim is the difference between an effective interest rate of 1.44% and 3.14%?
    Are these through Chase or another bank?

Chase dba Land Rover Financial

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Narrowing in, please help with MF and Residual for August:

Evanston IL
    Pittsburgh PA

Diesel HSE LUX 10/33 10/36
    HSE 10/33 10/36

Thank you!

Narrowing in, please help with MF and Residual for August:

Evanston IL
    Pittsburgh PA

Diesel HSE LUX 10/33 10/36
    HSE 10/33 10/36

Thank you!

33/10
    Diesel HSE LUX 56% and .00015
    HSE - 58% and .00120

36/10
    Diesel HSE Lux - 53% and .00027
    HSE - 55% and .00126

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• bigdawg1975bigdawg1975 Member Posts: 10
    Can you please give me the residual and money factor for the Discovery SE: 36/12/10 and 39/12/10? Located in MD. Thanks.

Can you please give me the residual and money factor for the Discovery SE: 36/12/10 and 39/12/10? Located in MD. Thanks.

.00181 and 58% (36/12) or 54% (39/12)

Add 1% for 10K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bigdawg1975bigdawg1975 Member Posts: 10
    Can you please give me the residual and money factor for HSE gas 36/12/10 and 48/12/10 in MD.

Can you please give me the residual and money factor for HSE gas 36/12/10 and 48/12/10 in MD.

.00126 MF and 54% residual
    .00211 MF and 44% residual

Add 1% for 10K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

HSE Chicago/Evanston 12/10 36 and 33

thank you!

HSE Chicago/Evanston 12/10 36 and 33

thank you!

HSE Gas?

33/12 - 57% and .00120
    36/12 - 54% and .00126
    Add 1% for 10K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kenny_h_kenny_h_ Member Posts: 347
    edited August 2017
    Hi, does anyone know when will the 2018 models pricing going to be available?
    kenny_h_ said:

Hi, does anyone know when will the 2018 models pricing going to be available?

We don't...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks Michaell,
    I see people posting their states, in case the number are different than HSE - 55% and .00126, can I please have the HSE Gas 36/10k for New York City? Thanks.

I was at the dealer, they offered me $1050 for 39 months on a $65k MSRP vehicle. I thought that was extremely high.
    kenny_h_ said:

Thanks Michaell,
    I see people posting their states, in case the number are different than HSE - 55% and .00126, can I please have the HSE Gas 36/10k for New York City? Thanks.

I was at the dealer, they offered me $1050 for 39 months on a $65k MSRP vehicle. I thought that was extremely high.

I confirm the 55% and .00126 for 36/10

39/10 is 52% and .00131

Dealer can mark up the MF as much as .00100 - ask them what MF they are using to get that 4-figure payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited August 2017
    Michaell said:

kenny_h_ said:

Thanks Michaell,

39/10 is 52% and .00131

Dealer can mark up the MF as much as .00100 - ask them what MF they are using to get that 4-figure payment.

Thank you so much.
    Their pricing is accurate with $0 discount and with taxes rolled in. Here is the copy from my own excel worksheet, maybe I confused 36 and 39mo pricing. I will cross check and go back.

kenny_h_ said:

Michaell said:

kenny_h_ said:

Thanks Michaell,

39/10 is 52% and .00131

Thank you so much.
    Their pricing is accurate with $0 discount and with taxes rolled in. Here is the copy from my own excel worksheet.

Ouch. I agree with that math.

Not one dollar discount from sticker? Are these like, rare? I know they're new on the dealer lots, and generally you have to pay to be the first on your block to have one, but there is no way I'd shell out $1000+ a month for a $65K SUV.

Either shop a different brand, or wait a few months to let the prices settle down a bit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited August 2017
    Michaell said:

kenny_h_ said:

Michaell said:

kenny_h_ said:

Thanks Michaell,

39/10 is 52% and .00131

Thank you so much.
    Their pricing is accurate with $0 discount and with taxes rolled in. Here is the copy from my own excel worksheet.

Not one dollar discount from sticker? Are these like, rare? I know they're new on the dealer lots, and generally you have to pay to be the first on your block to have one, but there is no way I'd shell out $1000+ a month for a $65K SUV.

Either shop a different brand, or wait a few months to let the prices settle down a bit.

I agree, No, by all means they are not rare, but his explanation is that 1) They don't have their own bank, and they can't do anything about the numbers, 2) Since there is no competitor to LR, the dealers are not willing to give any break at all.. (Which I really doubt, but I know some people love LR and will not go to anyone else) I am not sure.

Actually above was my math, and I forgot he did 39 mo in his calculation and it was even higher, here is his paperwork:

He wants $1079/month for 39 months, 10k/mo, $65k sale price.
    This is disappointing :disappointed: .

kenny_h_ said:

Michaell said:

kenny_h_ said:

Michaell said:

kenny_h_ said:

Thanks Michaell,

39/10 is 52% and .00131

Thank you so much.

I agree, No, by all means they are not rare, but his explanation is that 1) They don't have their own bank, and they can't do anything about the numbers, 2) Since there is no competitor to LR, the dealers are not willing to give any break at all.. (Which I really doubt, but I know some people love LR and will not go to anyone else) I am not sure.

Actually above was my math, and I forgot he did 39 mo in his calculation and it was even higher, here is his paperwork:

So, this is the SUV equivalent to the Civic Type R hype. No discounts (in fact, markups above MSRP on the Type R).

How far are you willing to travel to get a good deal?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

kenny_h_ said:

Michaell said:

kenny_h_ said:

Michaell said:

kenny_h_ said:

Thanks Michaell,

39/10 is 52% and .00131

Thank you so much.

So, this is the SUV equivalent to the Civic Type R hype. No discounts (in fact, markups above MSRP on the Type R).

Not familiar with Civic R Type but we ran into another problem after checking dimensions. Dealer says it's about 74" and some specs online claim 72". The 2" make a huge difference in my garage, I guess the inconsistency is due to adjustable height difference or maybe one is taking the antenna into account and other isn't.

I have no problem traveling to get a good deal, as long as it's not cross-country, but after getting these numbers from local dealer, I went one block up and test drove XC90, and the prices I got from Volvo dealer is very aggressive. If the numbers remain where they are by end of September (or for October) I think I might go with Volvo even though LR has a very distinctive road feel and drive, I don't think it's worth 50% more in monthly payments.
    kenny_h_ said:

Michaell said:

kenny_h_ said:

Michaell said:

kenny_h_ said:

Michaell said:

kenny_h_ said:

Thanks Michaell,

39/10 is 52% and .00131

Thank you so much.

Not familiar with Civic R Type but we ran into another problem after checking dimensions. Dealer says it's about 74" and some specs online claim 72". The 2" make a huge difference in my garage, I guess the inconsistency is due to adjustable height difference or maybe one is taking the antenna into account and other isn't.

I have no problem traveling to get a good deal, as long as it's not cross-country, but after getting these numbers from local dealer, I went one block up and test drove XC90, and the prices I got from Volvo dealer is very aggressive. If the numbers remain where they are by end of September (or for October) I think I might go with Volvo even though LR has a very distinctive road feel and drive, I don't think it's worth 50% more in monthly payments.
    Lots of good choices available - I've heard good things about the XC90.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rover_boyrover_boy Member Posts: 11
    Hi,

May I have the RV & MF for the following in Los Angeles:

Diesel HSE 36/10
    Diesel HSE Lux 36/10

Is it subtract 1% for 12K?

Thanks
    rover_boy said:

Hi,

May I have the RV & MF for the following in Los Angeles:

Diesel HSE 36/10
    Diesel HSE Lux 36/10

Is it subtract 1% for 12K?

Thanks

Diesel HSE 36/10 - 56% and .00114
    Diesel HSE Lux 36/10 - 53% and .00027

Yes, subtract 1% for 12K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• patgilmpatgilm Member Posts: 39
    I'm in MD and I was quoted around $1,150 a month on a no money down Discovery with a MSRP of $65k which is close to the above quote except we pay full 6% tax on the selling price of the car which is why the payment is higher than the above post. I could get a Lexus LX570 with a $99k MSRP for a little more. Seems ridiculous.  My wife likes the Volvo too so maybe I will look at that for less $$
    patgilm said:

I'm in MD and I was quoted around $1,150 a month on a no money down Discovery with a MSRP of $65k which is close to the above quote except we pay full 6% tax on the selling price of the car which is why the payment is higher than the above post. I could get a Lexus LX570 with a $99k MSRP for a little more. Seems ridiculous.  My wife likes the Volvo too so maybe I will look at that for less $$

Discovery is expensive to lease, before the crazy MD taxes are factored in.

Volvos are leasing very well, lately - lots of lease incentive cash to lower the pricing. Might help with the overall payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• sfsaschasfsascha Member Posts: 13
    Do you guys have September for Discovery SE 36/10 and 12?
    sfsascha said:

Do you guys have September for Discovery SE 36/10 and 12?

.00182 and 58% / 57%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• hercules00hercules00 Member Posts: 134
    New to Land Rover pricing - would appreciate some help from the pros.

When I look at the sale price for most 2017 Discovery's, they are at or above MSRP. I initially thought that this was driven by it being a new in-demand car.

However, when I look at other Land Rover models on Truecar (Range Rover, Discovery Sport etc), almost all of them seem to be selling at or close to MSRP.

Is this pretty standard for Land Rover vehicles?

New to Land Rover pricing - would appreciate some help from the pros.

When I look at the sale price for most 2017 Discovery's, they are at or above MSRP. I initially thought that this was driven by it being a new in-demand car.

However, when I look at other Land Rover models on Truecar (Range Rover, Discovery Sport etc), almost all of them seem to be selling at or close to MSRP.

Is this pretty standard for Land Rover vehicles?

Land Rover dealers tend to stick pretty close to MSRP. That often makes them a poor value, compared to other makes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• hercules00hercules00 Member Posts: 134
    Michaell said:

Lots of good choices available - I've heard good things about the XC90.

Looked at the XC90 seriously. Very nice on the inside, great ride.

Unfortunately, third row space is a joke - almost X5-ish. I would not rate the XC90 as a 3-row vehicle.

Also., I have not heard good things about the reliability of the engine. There is only that much juice you can squeeze out of a 2 litre 4-banger (turbo+supercharger and all) before squeezing the life out of it.
  • jasherrrjasherrr Member Posts: 33
    Hey There - I am looking at a Land Rover First Edition 2017. MSRP about $75k. I am looking for MF and RV for this vehicle please for 36mo/12k miles, or 36mo/10k miles. Are there any incentives for this vehicle? Thank you! DC Metro area by the way.
    jasherrr said:

Hey There - I am looking at a Land Rover First Edition 2017. MSRP about $75k. I am looking for MF and RV for this vehicle please for 36mo/12k miles, or 36mo/10k miles. Are there any incentives for this vehicle? Thank you! DC Metro area by the way.

36/12 - 50% and .00018; add 1% for 10K

No incentive information

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jables04jables04 Member Posts: 12
    Gents,

could you share MF and residual for 2017 Discovery HSE Lux: 24/12, 24/15, 36/12, 36/15 for the DC metro area?

Would also like the numbers for Southern California (if they differ). Thanks for what you do on these forums!

jables04 said:

Gents,

could you share MF and residual for 2017 Discovery HSE Lux: 24/12, 24/15, 36/12, 36/15 for the DC metro area?

Would also like the numbers for Southern California (if they differ). Thanks for what you do on these forums!

24/15 - 56% and .00076
    36/15 - 49% and .00018

Add 2% for 12K

LR numbers are national

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• metahimetahi Member Posts: 42
    looking for MF a residual for SE ad HSE 36/12
    metahi said:

looking for MF a residual for SE ad HSE 36/12

SE - 57% and .00184
    HSE - 53% and .00107

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• r0ckwall1r0ckwall1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi, Can I get MF and Residual for the following options on a 2017 Discovery HSE Td6?
    36/10
    39/10
    36/12
    39/12
    r0ckwall1 said:

Hi, Can I get MF and Residual for the following options on a 2017 Discovery HSE Td6?
    36/10
    39/10
    36/12
    39/12

36/12 - 55% and .00146
    39/12 - 54% and .00151
    Add 1% for 10K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cc9cc9 Member Posts: 21
    Do you have November lease rates with residuals for Discovery HSE Luxury 36mo 10K and 12K?
    Financing rates 5 year? (Assume excellent credit for both) Thank you!
    cc9 said:

Do you have November lease rates with residuals for Discovery HSE Luxury 36mo 10K and 12K?
    Financing rates 5 year? (Assume excellent credit for both) Thank you!

.00086 MF and 53%/52% residual

No special APRs. Don't know the standard rate, but likely 4.9% or higher.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cc9cc9 Member Posts: 21
    Would you have expected December rates for Discovery HSE Luxury? (For lease 36mo 10k and 12k) if not, when would you expect to receive? Thank you