Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Volkswagen GTI Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    dasgtidsgdasgtidsg Member Posts: 1
    Now that my lease is nearing a close and I am considering another would love some feedback on these numbers for a 39 month lease term with 15K per year:

GCC 27156.30
    CCR 2213.22
    ACC 24943.08
    RV 13954.20
    Dep 10988.88
    RC 2684.52

Sunroof/DSG/18" rims added 3K to the MSRP to raise the GCC. I tried to do my research carefully the first time around but want to be sure next time. Probably will shoot for a standard lease offer. It gets confusing with all these extras.
  • Options
    billdctbilldct Member Posts: 38
    edited December 2010
    Could you provide the money factor and residual on the 2011 4 door golf tdi manual trans for a 36 month lease and and a 39 month lease at 15000 miles per year?

Thank you
  • Options
    hollydedohollydedo Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Please help...

Aftert reading all these posts about how expencive GTI is (for what you getting), I am not so sure about leasing one.

Here is my quote:

299+tax / month (36 months, 10K miles/year) for "base" 2011 GTI (MSRP $24,460), $0 driveoff fees

What do you think about this?

Also how much more would it be to step up to a "base" 2011 4 door?
    Thanks
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi pcharles. VW Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Golf 2-Door with 12,000 miles per year are .00061 and 52%, respectively.

Like most manufacturers' official advertised payments, I suspect that VW's current advertisement for the Golf leaves a little meat on the bone so to speak. If I was in the market for a new Golf right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Here you go, billdct.

Volkswagen Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Golf 4 Door TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00176 and 52%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00200 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    mankumanku Member Posts: 76
    I've leased Audi A4's and MB's E class for my last few cars...with nothing out of pocket, my monthly lease payment has been from 1% to 1.2% of the total purchase price, including tax...i've leased 8 cars now, and have discovered that if you can lease a car for 1% of the retail price per month, you've got a great deal.

Why then, are LA dealers quoting me more than 1.5% for GTI's (sunroof 4 door, sticker 28k/450 month with 900 out the door!)...and this is repeated dealers, internet and walk-in.

This car should lease for $400 all in max...

Thanks.
  • Options
    delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited January 2011
    manku,

It all depends on what you mean by “total purchase price including tax”. Make sure you’re comparing apples to apples. There are just too many factors (e.g., cap reduction, amounts capitalized, cost of money) that have a direct impact on the payment. The general rule, that 1.0% - 1.2% of a vehicle’s retail price, gross cap, or even adjusted cap results in a great payment may be true in a limited number of cases. I’m very sure, however, that this claim is certainly not universally true.

It seems to me that it’s always best to play it safe by focusing on the selling price; the cost of money (i.e., money factor/interest rate); and the residual value. In general, if a do a fantastic job negotiating the selling price, then I’ll end up with a fantastic payment. This, of course, assumes that I’ve gotten the lowest cost of money possible (buy rate); paid a reasonable dealer doc fee; and negotiated a good deal on any traded vehicle. In Florida, dealer doc fees are astronomical and way out of control because they’re not regulated the way they are in most states.

FYI- A lease is structured as follows…

MSRP
    Sell Price = Agreed Upon Value
    Gross Cap = Sell Price + Amounts Capitalized (e.g., acquisition fee, negative trade equity)
    Adjusted Cap (C) = Gross Cap – Cap Reduction (e.g., cash, net trade equity)

Money Factor (F)

Term (N)
    Residual Factor
    Residual Value ® = Residual Factor x (MSRP – non-residualized items + residualized dealer-installed options)

Base Payment = F x (C + R) + (C - R)/N

Hope this helps!

John
    www.autoleasegeek.com
  • Options
    chuckk23chuckk23 Member Posts: 3
    Could someone please post the Money Factor and Residual for 2011 GTI 2 door Manual w/Sunroof & Nav for a 36 and 39 (if available) month, lease with 15K miles per year.

Thank You
  • Options
    Hi chuckk23. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GTI 2 door with sunroof, nav, & 15,000 miles per year are .00081 and 53%, respectively.

I don't believe that VW is providing support on 39 month leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    chuckk23chuckk23 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Car_man, now I can calculate my payments to keep everyone "honest!" My GTI should be arriving this week!
  • Options
    autoboy19autoboy19 Member Posts: 155
    Car_man,

Do you have the current lease rates for the GTI 4 door with Sunroof and Nav as well as the GTI 4-door Autobahn for 24 and 36 months with 15k miles per year? Thanks.
  • Options
    gti_2011gti_2011 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2011
    Car_man

Would you please provide me with the buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GTI 2/dr Manual, base model with 15k miles.

These are the specs I need and am slowly learning how to try and get the best deal, your info seems really helpful.

Any insight on January's 279/month 1,999 down off on the same model as above? Should there be a lot of wiggle room in those numbers?

Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    No problem chuckk23. Enjoy your new GTI...I know that I would ;).

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    I sure do autoboy19. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 GTI 4 door with sunroof and 15,000 miles per year are .00081 and 61%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00081 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hello gti_2011. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for 36 month lease of a base 2011 GTI with 15,000 miles per year are .00081 and 55%, respectively.

Yes, manufacturers' advertised lease payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. I would not be surprised if you were able to negotiate a lower selling price than the one that was used to arrive at the official advertised payment for the GTI lease that you saw.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    advansuperadvansuper Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2011
    What are the current rates for a base 2011 GTI for 36 months at 15k per year? I went in yesterday and I got a quote for $320 a month with $1k total out of pocket and would like to know if that's about right.

This was from a dealer in Cary NC.
  • Options
    Hi advansuper. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GTI 2.0T Base with 15,000 miles per year are .00081 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    advansuperadvansuper Member Posts: 11
    I ended up doing $0 down on a base GTI for 15k a year @ $340 a month. Is that about right?
  • Options
    thahyelifethahyelife Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I am looking to lease a 2011 Vw GTI. My terms would be 36mo. 12k miles (15k miles if it does not make much of a difference in the monthly). I am looking at a 2 or 4d DSG with Sunroof model. I have received a quote for the 2d with sunroof for $26365 which is a couple hundered under invoice. I was quoted $2000 drive off (downpayment, tax, title etc included) for $363/mo (including the $30/mo for tax). I was wondering what should the money factor be this month in a 36 mo lease with either 12k or 15k miles and where can I find the residual. I have very high credit (over 770) and was wondering if I am getting a high interest rate to bring that price up, or if this is a good deal. I did the numbers with the money factor that you suggested on here and I get a better monthly than they offered me is why I am asking. I would appreciate any help I can get with this.
  • Options
    Hi thahyelife. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GTI 4-Dr. with a sunroof and 15,000 miles per year are .00063 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    oovoov Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,

I'm looking to lease a 2011 2D GTI Autobahn but was wondering if you guys could help me with choosing between a regular lease and the Driver's Option program. I'm in Texas which makes leasing not that attractive, since we get taxed on the cap cost and essentially adds another $50/month on the lease. VW wasn't too clear on their website about the Driver's Option, but what I've been reading is that it is similar to a lease except you don't get taxed. If I plan to turn in my car at the end, is the Driver's Option program better for me?

Also, given the current MSRP of a 2011 2D GTI Autobahn as $31,095, and dealer invoice of $29,883, what are my chances of getting a car for $29,700 (since VW dealerships get a 2% holdback)? Also, can I expect Driver Option rates to be similar to regular lease rates (57% residual on 12k miles/yr and 0.00081 money factor)?

Thanks!
  • Options
    gbriankgbriank Member Posts: 220
    Check to see which option is cheaper. As for price, most dealers are giving easily $500 under invoice. I've heard of some folks getting more off on the Autobahn's because they're not as attractive (due to their $30k+ sticker).

Where in Texas are you?
  • Options
    mylesm01mylesm01 Member Posts: 6
    Car_man,

I'm interested in leasing a 2011 GTI with DSG and Sunroof. Could you please provide me with the money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease with 10k miles per year? I'm leaning toward the 4 door, but would like the figures for both the 2-door and the 4-door if they're different.

Also, do you know if Volkswagen dealers can use the manufacturer-to-dealer incentive in effect through 3/31/11 on leases?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Here you go mylesm01. Volkswagen Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GTI with sunroof and 10,000 miles per year are .00063 and 53%, respectively. I don't believe that the number of doors that this car has has any impact upon its lease program.

The dealer cash that is currently available on the '11 GTI is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    scattermanscatterman Member Posts: 1
    Car man -is it safe to assume that this money factor and residual are still accurate as of march? I am moving to CA and have been in touch w a deal about a 36 month lease of a gas gti or a tdi. I was quoted the below and want to know where to negotiate:

2011 Volkswagen Golf 2 Door
    Includes Bluetooth
    Stock# 29938
    Model# 5K12Z1
    MSRP $19,300

36 Month Lease Special
    $239.99/month + tax and driveoff

2011 Volkswagen Golf 2 Door TDI
    Includes Bluetooth, Moonroof, touchscreen audio
    Stock# 29366
    Model# 5K192L
    MSRP $24,875

36 Month Lease Special
    $374.99/month + tax and driveoff
  • Options
    What are the rates for April on these two different builds:

2 or 4 door GTI DSG w/sunroof 3yr/36,000 mile lease (12,000 miles/year)
    2 or 4 door GTI DSG Autobahn 3yr/36,000 mile lease (12,000 miles/year)
  • Options
    Just leased my first VW tonight....not sure if I got a good deal.

2011 VW GTI Manual w/sunroof
    Price paid $25633

I pulled forward $409.01 from being upside down on my previous car. I leased it for 3/36,000.

Gross Cap Cost $27495.37
    Adj Cap Cost $27495.37
    Residual $14610.75 (55%)
    Depreciation and any amortized amount $12884.62
    Rent charge $2470.82

Lease payment $426.54
  • Options
    eddiemoyeddiemoy Member Posts: 1
    carman, what is the residual on a 4door gti, autobahn, dsg? 10k a year? what is the money factor and what can i expect to pay for everything rolled in?
  • Options
    Hi GBrianK. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GTI with sunroof and 12,000 miles per year are .00063 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a GTI Autobahn are .00063 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi eddiemoy. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GTI Autobahn with 10,000 miles per year are .00063 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. I would be happy to work up a payment on the car that you're interested in if you provide me with its MSRP and selling price.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    splxsplx Member Posts: 8
    I'm considering three types.

1. 2 door manual GTI with sunroof and nav.
    2. 2 door DSG GTI with sunroof and nav.
    3. 2 door GTI base with manual.

Carman, can you please tell me the Money factor and residual value ?
    Thank you very much~!
  • Options
    cagormcagorm Member Posts: 40
    Hi Car_man,

I am soon to lease a 2011 GTI 5-door (either manual or DSG, not yet sure). Will you please post the May money factor and residual. Thanks so much.
  • Options
    Hi splx. Volkswagen Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GTI 2 door with Sunroof, Nav, and 15,000 miles per year are .00104 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a DSG are the same.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 GTI 2 door GTI base are .00104 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Here you go cagorm.

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 GTI 4 door with 15,000 miles per year are .00104 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    cagormcagorm Member Posts: 40
    Thanks Car_man. I have heard there may be pretty decent 39-month lease numbers for a base 2011 GTI 4 door. Do you have any information on 39-month leases?

Thanks.
  • Options
    mssurreymssurrey Member Posts: 59
    Hi Car_Man,

Would you let me have the May buy rate MF and the residual for a 36 month, 12000 mile lease for a 4 door 2011 GTI DSG with nav and sunroof as well as a DSG with sunroof only.

Thanks.
  • Options
    You're welcome cagorm. I don't think that Volkswagen is currently providing support on 39 month leases of the GTI. If that is indeed the case, you would be better off going with a 36 month lease over a 39 month lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hello mssurrey. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GTI with navigation and sunroof with 12,000 miles per year are .00104 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of the GTI through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    bob615413bob615413 Member Posts: 2
    Hi. What is the June 2011 money factor and residual for a 2011 GTI 4 door sunroof/navi and autobahn with 3 year 12000 miles?

Thanks!
  • Options
    jcockerjcocker Member Posts: 18
    Hi Car_man - Same question as bob615413 - but for 36 months - 15k miles
    What are the Lease Numbers for June on the 2011 GTI 4 door DSG - Autobahn
    Thank you very very much
  • Options
    Hi bob615413. VW Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GTI 4 door with Autobahn and 12,000 miles per year are .00104 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hey jcocker. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

VW Credit's 15,000 mile per year residual values are 2% lower than its 12,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    turbo5spdturbo5spd Member Posts: 2
    Car_man, I'm interested in the lease numbers (residual and money factor) on an '11 2-door base GTI with DSG. The lease would be for 36 months/10K miles (if possible - if not, 12K). Thanks!
  • Options
    Here you go turbo5spd. Volkswagen Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base GTI 2-Door with 12,000 miles per year are .00104 and 55%, respectively.

I believe that the residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    sfdude1sfdude1 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man, I'm interested in the lease numbers (residual and money factor) for a 24 month lease on a 2011 GTI 4 door with Autobahn and 12,000 miles per year. Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi sfdude1. Volkswagen Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 GTI 4-Door Autobahn with 12,000 miles per year are .00104 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    guerreiroguerreiro Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,
    Today I asked a VW dealer about the money factor for a top credit tier on this car (GTI 4d Autobahn - 36-month) and I've been told .00134, rather than what was said here (.00104). Does anyone know if VW numbers changed since the last post (jun 7)? Or is that fishy?
  • Options
    mikeytoomikeytoo Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man, what are the current lease number for a 2011 GTI 4-door with DSG, Sun Roof & Nav, MSRP of $29,670. 36 months and 15k miles per year. Also how long does the $750 cash incentive run till.
    Thanks
    Mike
  • Options
    shanlanshanlan Member Posts: 4
    Car_man,

Do you have the money factor and residual for a 2011 2dr base model 10k/year? Also is the $750 rebate still active, and if so, does it have any bearing on lease negotiations in your opinion?

Thank you.
  • Options
    austintaciusaustintacius Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2011
    Car_man (or Anyone) have any idea what the money factor is for July? It looks as though they are running a special through the 31st with the $279.00*/Month. 36-month lease. $2,199.00 due at signing.* offer.

I have top tier credit, and a trade in that I *should* be able to get at least 3k equity out of. What am I looking at monthly (anyone) in your opinion? I saw the quote above at 265.

I assume the $2199 is just acquisition fee plus first payment, correct? It just happens to be exactly what sales tax on a base model would be here in TN ($2200). I can use the 3k or so equity to cover the $2200 up front, right?

I understand it's not a good idea to put any down, but what do you do with any amount of money "left over". If I were to get 3k in equity and pay out 2200 at the signing, I just get to pocket $800?

Any responses are appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.