Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• melonball3melonball3 Member Posts: 25
    IS250 AWD, prem package, wood trim, HID lights, no navigation (the advertised 36,522 model on special through February). I wanted to do limited out of pocket, so the actual lease special was not appealing to me (close to $4,000 out of pocket on the $399/mo deal).

I shopped this for a while at various dealerships in this area. No one was really budging off of the MSRP by an overwhelming amount from PA/NJ/DE dealerships. Best price I got was an 'invoice' quote of 32,000 (which is $50 more than edmunds has invoice at). This was at a dealership in NJ. This dealership was more than 50 miles from my house, thus they would not offer door-to-door service and loaners to me.

So I made the choice to pay a bit more for the car at a closer dealership for convenience and service (loaners, pick up service, etc, which are important for me since I cannot be without a car). I could have pressed the issue for a price match, but basically, I agreed to the higher number because I liked the dealership and salesperson. Personal choice, I'm sure you could bargain for the invoice price though.

To get to the gist of it:
    12,000 miles per year
    36 months
    59% residual
    MF 0.00225
    MSRP 36,522
    Sale price 33,100
    $1,250 at signing (just title, tax, tags, first month's)
    $443/mo (plus tax -- 9% in PA)

These cars are tough to get in the PA/DE/NJ marketplace, and from what I've seen the price is not going to be far off MSRP unless you really work the dealership. I am happy with my purchase -- I ended up going with the Black Sapphire with cashmere interior -- really sharp.

Best of luck with your cars, everyone. :blush:
  • abuaishaabuaisha Member Posts: 15
    Just picked up mine in SoCal. $32000 plus tax,license. MSRP 37772
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    Wow its getting better and better.
    Well congrats to you too abuaisha. Enjoy your new ride.
    If possible please let us know the name of the dealership and also if any of you can breakdown all the options that this $37772 price comes with, I am in TX and so far I have not seen any car nor I am able to built one with that MSRP so it would be very nice if You can please tell us the complete options list.
    Thankyou
  • mass0617mass0617 Member Posts: 4
    Picked up an iS250AWD with Nav, HID and wood for 34,500 + tax recently for my wife. We went to three dealerships and found one that was willing to deal. I think we still left some money on the table.

The car runs very well. Only complaint from the wife is bumps at slow speed seem to be too loud. This is not an issue at highway speeds.

Snow traction (in the Boston area) has been very good with the standard 17 inch tires.

The dealer wanted us to sign for some tire/wheel protection plan which we refused. This sounded like a usual last minute dealer offer like simonizing. Any comments from anybody in this forum ?
  • mldj98mldj98 Member Posts: 378
    For those of you who live out there in California, especially the ones who have most recently bought a car from Longo, could you please answer a question we have.
    I was told that Longo will not sell a car to someone to lives out of state, is this correct? Something about Lexus does not want to take market shares away from any other Lexus dealer, from out of state anyway. And a more general question, can you purchase your car in California, but then pay the tax and tag once you register it in your home state?
    Any and all help would be much appreciated.... perhaps if you recently just purchased an IS in Cali you could maybe ask your sales person to see if that is indeed the law.
    Thanks again...
  • jerry kjerry k Member Posts: 45
    This may not exactly answer your question: I purchased my IS 250 from Longo two weeks ago - I live in Las Vegas BUT we are moving to California in five weeks - so I just had everything titled in California. They did say that they wanted to be sure that I had a California address.
  • sparagisparagi Member Posts: 1
    I love Woodfield Lexus. We bought the base IS250 and paid around $32,900. Originally, I had a connection at McGrath and they were giving me this lame deal. We walked into the Woodfield Lexus, just to window shop and ended up buying the car, without knowing anyone that knows anyone at the dealership. Every time we drive in the snow, we thank God we didn't buy the Acura TL. Also, Edmunds is invaluable. We wouldn't know where to price if it wasn't for people's comments and willingness to share information.
  • bmw55bmw55 Member Posts: 15
    I just bought a new IS250. A good deal, the MSRP was around $38K and I got a good discount. The problem: I test drove one about a month ago and loved it; the base suspension package was perfect - great handling but not too firm a ride. I bought one Saturday, 2/24 without the sport package (it was on the lot). After driving it around a little, after I bought it, I noticed that it rode very firm, too firm for a std. suspension. I looked at the Lexus.com site and noticed that you can't even order a IS model with the sports suspension anymore.

I think they have either made the sports susp. standard or just firmed up the ride on all new IS models. If you are ordering an IS you better expect the std. ride to be much firmer than it used to be. If that's what you want, that's fine. In my case I guess I'd better get used to it.
    Any comments?
  • hvan3hvan3 Member Posts: 630
    You may want to call Longo's Fleet Mgr to see if he can hook you up with a special deal if you are out of state.

However, it seems weird that the dealers don't sell to out of state buyers. Wouldn't that be a violation of the interstate commerce law?
  • benzserviceguybenzserviceguy Member Posts: 96
    You might want to revisit that tire & wheel protection pkg.

Just had a client actually use one of those today. Their tire had a bubble (multiple) in the sidewall. This is usally caused by some sort of impact damage - something that is NOT COVERED under the manufacturer warranty. It is outside influence (pothole, curb, steel plate etc).
    All the warranty admistrator wanted to know was price Including balancing/mounting etc, brand of tire and tread depth.
    Gave me an autho # over the phone and asked if we wanted store or client reimbursement.
    Cleint paid us, I gave them filled out claim form and work order and they will get paid back by warranty administrator. NICE N EAZY!
    ONE IMPORTANT CATCH - THE FINE PRINT: IT HAS A LIFETIME CAP OR MAXIMUM BENEFIT PAYMENT OF $4,000. Once the allowance is used up, the warranty ENDS.
    Considering you live in the Boston area and potholes are numerous (like NYC & LA), it might just pay for itself over a 5 yr period.

Just my humble .02

SKIP
  • abuaishaabuaisha Member Posts: 15
    Thank you very much! The weird thing is , i guess lexus supplies different areas of the country with different options or packages. In california, if you get a nav car it will be $37772 and will have the following options as well.

Premium Package with Additional Options $5,632.00

Premium Package includes:
    - Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim
    - Perforated leather-trimmed interior
    - Heated and ventilated front seats

Additional Options:
    - Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System
    - Bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
    - 18-in Alloy Wheels with Summer Tires

I hope this helps.

Got mine from LONGO they are great. Just contact their internet or fleet department.

Good luck!
  • flashzoomflashzoom Member Posts: 64
    yea, Heard of about that long time ago.
    basically you can only suppose to buy car in your home state. Due to TTL, and pricing issues.
    Like I live in LA county, and if I buy a car in Orange County, or SD county, they will ask me where my register home address is, and they will charge me TTL based on where I live, not where I am buying it. So, we can't all just drive to OR to buy a car there, since they have 0% sales tax.
  • flashzoomflashzoom Member Posts: 64
    Hey there,
    just a little info for you all, that's looking for leasing price on.
    this is the car
    2007 IS 250 with Premium package MSRP: 35222

Premium Package includes:
    - Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim
    - Perforated leather-trimmed interior
    - Heated and ventilated front seats

Additional Options:
    - Bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
    - 18-in Alloy Wheels with Summer Tires

here is the deal I got in Cali. ( My FICA is around 700)
    36 months lease.
    15000 miles/ year
    $2000 Due at lease signing
    $400/mo
    This is all including TTL fees!!!!!

Let me know if this is good, and if you like to get more info, feel free to e-mail.
  • pete2007pete2007 Member Posts: 1
    Looking same IS 250 AWD Boston area also. Where did you buy? May save me time and trouble to go same place. Thanks.
  • toddk1toddk1 Member Posts: 6
    Thats pretty awesome. I am also in Cali, mind sharing which dealership and who you did business with? Would help alot, I am looking for the exact car, but only with the addition of Navi. Thanks!
  • onlinespendingonlinespending Member Posts: 4
    I just agreed to terms with a dealership, and think I got a really good deal.

IS250 RWD A/T in Tungsten Pearl and Black Leather interior
    Premium Package (maple trim, perforated leather trim, heated seats)
    Navigation w/ Bluetooth
    HID headlamps
    18" wheels w/ summer tires
    wheel locks
    cargo net
    trunk mat

All for $31,150 + TTL. MSRP is $37,772 and invoice is $32,844.
  • newbie19newbie19 Member Posts: 5
    I've 'agreed' to a similar deal with a dealership in SoCal on Friday. But he 'changed' it the last moment. Sneaky these people. Excuse was: 'That was a end of the month special and now March has a different special bla bla bla...'

We agreed at 32k. And now he wants 33.5k for MSRP 37 772.

Care to share the dealer's details or purchase together (possible discount?).
  • skinnytonyskinnytony Member Posts: 121
    Wow. I can't get that price without nav on the east coast. I don't understand how prices could be this much better in CA!
    i would try Lexus of Westwinster. They just quoted me about $32.5K for the same car, and it's in your area. That's actually a really good deal. I'm getting away with robbery at $31.1K.
  • judy10judy10 Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

I just bought my lexus 1s 250 in central cal. for 35,400 OTD. It includes Premium Package, Nav. System, 18in wheels, HID headlights, rear spoiler, etc. Did i get a good deal? MSRP was $38,196.
    oops didnt read this before I typed my post up:
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

And the E-mail Msg feature is down. *cry* Must get a hold of flashzoom lol.
  • buyingmdxbuyingmdx Member Posts: 9
    I am just about to purchase a IS250 RWD, premium, spoiler, no navi, for $30,100 +TTL in the Bay Area. I thought this was a great deal but $31,100 for Navi is amazing. Is there someway I can email you directly? I was going to purchase tomorrow so would love to talk asap!

thanks
  • newbie19newbie19 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the tip! Will definitely give them a call.

Not from the Cali. area (shipping the car to Wa.) so would appreciate any recommendations on dealerships!

I know Longo will not ship out-of-state.
  • mmmcmmmc Member Posts: 16
    Onlinespending, that's an incredible deal. Can you advise which dealer you're working with? Thanks.
  • iscuriousiscurious Member Posts: 1
    where in AZ

Any thoughts on factory installed XM?
  • dreamcar1dreamcar1 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone recommend a dealership with good price deals on a IS 250 AWD in Northern NJ?
  • empsemps Member Posts: 2
    I've heard that Ray Catena in Oakhurst has decent prices, but I have not done enough quote research as i'm not ready to buy just yet. But please post up your experiences for NNJ since I am also in the area and looking for a IS250 AWD probably next month or so.
  • skinnytonyskinnytony Member Posts: 121
    I drove an IS250 AWD today. They made me a "reasonable" offer, but here's my issue. The car is not designated as a demo, however it had 720 miles on it! And they are treating it as "new". I've always heard that cars don't technically take the depreciation hit until they are titled, but how should I evaluate this mileages with respect to a counter offer? How much has this mileage devalued the car? Any thoughts?
    I just bought an IS 250 RWD, premium package w/Navi (MSRP $37,772) for $31,500 + TTL. No other fees.

$34,453 OTD w/SF 8.5% tax. Cash, no trade in.

Not as good as onlinespending but I know this is legit and the car is in my garage. Also was offered w/out Navi (MSRP $35,222) for $29,832 + TTL. Best I heard of.

I'm guessing I could have knocked off another $200 on the Navi but I was getting tired of negotiating.

Good luck everyone.

-boughtis250 :-)
    That's a great deal too! Good work. I just picked mine up. $31,150 + TTL or about $34,050 OTD cash. Beautiful car.

Please don't bring up specific numbers, but I would try Lexus of Concord for those in Northern California.
    BTW, this the deal I got was only because it was the end of the month. If you can wait, I'd try end of March. End of the month, and the end of the quarter. Can probably score some good quotes then.
  • optimomoptimom Member Posts: 11
    It seems that onlinespending inspired you, and you have inspired me. I too am looking for an IS 250 with nav in the SF Bay area. I'd love to talk with you about your negotiating experience, but the email function doesn't seem to be working.
    Would you be willing to reveal what dealer you used? Do you think your deal was a function of it being the end of the month? One dealer mentioned that there was a dealer incentive going on, and that prices would rise when it ended.
  • mmmcmmmc Member Posts: 16
    does anyone know what this dealer incentive is that's going on? kyfdx, do you know? Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    I don't know the incentives... Hopefully, someone will drop in and let us know..

If not, ask Car_man on the IS250 Lease Questions board... even if it isn't a lease question, he will know the current incentives.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lwvlwv Member Posts: 46
    Which dealer did you get this from in Houston? That sounds like a good deal. Where do you get the taste of Lexus coupon?
  • fbi888fbi888 Member Posts: 3
    had a bad experience with a rookie internet sales-creep at lexus westminster. never gave me a price quote or offer to ask his superior about my offer - liar. he tried to pull those sleezy salesman trick of forcing us to go in and how much work he has done (no duh, it's your JOB). Very un-Lexus like. avoid rookie salesman at all cost. Thank goodness their service center is not connected to the sales.

in the end, i went with Longo Lexus - very professional and best price. we settled everything over the phone in one day. my deal is not the best but got the car i wanted down to the detail at around 34900 otd with the msrp of 37900 - premium, navi, summer tires, access pack. keep in mind that you only get the best deal at the end of month, preferrably the last day.
  • k9galk9gal Member Posts: 6
    Just bought an IS 250 in Raleigh. I live near Charlotte and the dealer here gave me no deal. We called Raleigh dealer and they were very helpful and willing to deal. We signed the deal yesterday and I pick the auto up next Friday--SOOO excited!!! The MSRP was 38,127. This includes Nav system, HID lights, 18"alloy summer tires, premium pkg. Basically loaded. They sold for $33,400. This is a deal since the southern dealers don't want to budge. The Southern Cal dealers certainly have the best deals!!! Does anyone know about interior car covers for the back seat? I have a dog and I can't find anything
  • webjeffwebjeff Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

I am wanting to purchase an IS 350. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with negotiating with the dealerships. I would like to get it for around ~$36k-$37k or so. Is this unrealistic. I do want the Nav/Sun Roof/Leather Seats. Somewhat loaded.

I live near Chicago, IL. Let me know if this is realistic and what I should look for or ask for to help me get that price. Thanks! I am also looking to purchase within 2 months also.

Jeff.
  • kermit2kermit2 Member Posts: 6
    Hi there,

I am also looking for a IS250 RWD w/ premium package + HID + 18" wheels and without Nav in San Francisco.

Can you tell me which dealership you got your car from?
    Just don't like the one in Serramonte. Thanks
    Hi onlinespending,

Can you tell us which dealership you bought the car from?
    I got the quote for $31200, but without Nav.

Thanks.
  • bluehahabluehaha Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the Philly area, and I'm considering an IS 250 AWD. What dealers did you contact? Where did you end up buying? Did any of them have cars equiped w/the Luxury Pkg?

thanks
  • theasker1theasker1 Member Posts: 4
    hi,
    i'm looking to lease a lexus is250 AWD without navigation in new york. i got the following from the dealer. is this good or can i do better. this is my first lease so pleeease help me.

36 months, 12000 miles/yr
    $420 per month
    $2500 cap cost reduction
    $650 acq fee
    total due at signing $3700 (includes 1st month)

please let me know if this is a good deal for new york. thank you all sooo much.
    I was offered the non navi and navi prices at Lexus of Marin. Stevens Creek Lexus matched up to $30,200 for the non navi, but very begrudgingly. Serramonte Lexus could not keep up with all the pricing and flat out told me the prices I got were "unbeatable".

I'm not sure if the end of the month had anything to do with it but it probably did. I told them I'd buy by the end of the month.

I negotiated fairly hard, but all by email or phone. They of course still tried to stick me with "document fees" and "optional expedited dmv registration" but I told them it should not be included. Annoying but expected they tried sneaking that in last minute. Typical car salesman.

good luck.
    Thanks for your valuable reply. That really help me to negotiate with those salesman. I really hope I can get the car I want. Probably I will try Lexus of Marin and Concord.

Thanks again and have fun w/ your new Lexus IS250.
    Oh, one quick question, buyingmdx.
    When the salesman try to put those "document fee" and "optional expedited dmv registration". What the reasons you used to avoid them?
    Thanks in advance.
    while negotiating i told them upfront (in email) that prices we were negotiating for were all inclusive of everything but tax, title and license. i made it very clear, no doc fee, etc. when the "finance person" tacked it on the paper work i said "we agreed not to have these". she confirmed with the salesperson and had to rip up the agreement and start all over.

remember, these people are weasels so make it clear before you buy.

good luck.
  • optimomoptimom Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for posting your info - very interesting. I'm still negotiating.
    I'd crossed Lexus of Marin off my list because the guy I spoke to indicated that they wouldn't get into a bargaining game - and his deal was the same I got right off the bat from everyone else (1K off invoice). Maybe they gave you such a good deal, they are getting tough. :)
    Or maybe just the luck of the draw/salesman I got, or phase of the moon/end of the month.

The Lexus of Concord salesman was the one who mentioned the dealer incentive offer; another dealer (Serramonte?) explained it but I didn't pay close attention (and it sounded puny - something like $150). He also said that it was over Feb 28, although his price was the same as the Concord guy who told me the incentive was going on.

Wonder how Kermit2 is doing.
  • cpk2cpk2 Member Posts: 2
    My girlfriend and I recently purchased an ES350 (I know... booooo ES!) about 6 months ago. I had a great buying experience so I sent my buddy to the same salesman I bought from, cause he was in the market for an IS250. We managed to negotiate a price of $31,800 before TTL + 2 years oil change and minor maintenance and $50 parts dept. gift certificate (lame). Not as good as some Norcal people are getting, but all in all a decent price for So Cal.
  • quasiactuaryquasiactuary Member Posts: 50
    I just bought a 2007 IS250 AWD...MSRP a few dollars over $39k. I went in just to test drive and the salesman asked if I would like him to work up a price anyway. They immediately dropped to $37k. I figured this was a good starting point and that I would negotiate via email over the next few weeks and reach a deal around the end of the month. They asked the standard "what would it take for you to buy this car today" question....I told them $35k (and that they needed to waive the bogus "documentation fee") and was turned down. No problem, no surprise. The manager came out to show me their invoice pricing to prove to me that they would be losing money at $35k....then he had to say "oops, you are correct that we would make a small profit at that price". I don't know if he was embarrassed or what, but he immediately said "okay, I'll take $35k". I was surprised that they caved so quickly, but from what I have seen I think it was a fair price for this area (Northern VA/DC).

Then on to trade-in negotiation. Their first offer was exactly what I was hoping to get...but I didn't tell them that....after walking out twice (not angrily or anything, just saying I wasn't willing to do that deal but thanks for their time)....only to have someone follow me out to my car...we ended up agreeing to a trade-in of $750 higher than their initial offer (and $750 higher than I expected to get).

I can't believe that I already have the car, I was thinking that I would settle for a worse deal after haggling for a month or more. All-in-all a good experience, didn't feel overly pressured, negotiations were very civil, I would even say it was pretty pain-free and I hate the whole car buying process.

Sorry for being so wordy but I figured that my experience might be helpful for others.
    Hey cpk2 you got an awesome deal but what really tops the deal is the $50 parts dept gift certificate =] jk. I am looking to get the 250 w/ Navi by the end of the month, and I am also located in So Cal. Mind sharing which dealership you worked with? Thanks!