Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bknobkno Member Posts: 2
    Today i went into the Lexus of Roseville in norcal, they only had one 250/350 on the lot. They had a red with tan interior 350 w/ navi and ML package. Other than that, no other packages. At first the salesman said only sellin at msrp, but after i drove it and told him i didnt like the interior, as i prefer the black, he said i could have it at 38k, the sticker price was 40,700. Is this pretty good for the area right now? I know alot of these posts are from texas and east coast, havent heard alot from anyone in cali.
  • bearbiterbearbiter Member Posts: 1
    I am about to get a corp relocation and I am wondering if I should buy the new car first in MA with the lower sales tax (and I can trade in my winter package A4 with snows) and then get the car shipped free to CA or wait and drag my old car out to CA and take my chances in San Francisco?

What are some of the things to consider about buying one place and then moving? Experiences buying in SF vs. Boston?

Thanks!
  • icp_professoricp_professor Member Posts: 6
    I really do. It is a bit unusual, but nothing extravagant. My other choice would be the red mica.
  • rxmedicinerxmedicine Member Posts: 2
    it is at park place lexus in grapevine...but what is everyone's opinion on being able to get any lexus vehicle for between 3-5% over invoice?...sound like a good deal???
  • flyingtigerflyingtiger Member Posts: 7
    for any of you guys not getting any discount, at leaset tell them to give you free tint. i got my IS250 the first week the car came out i got free tint, but no discount. oh yea also a cheesy lexus watch. they also gave ma 1500 more on my trade in then car max gave me. BTW i live in dallas.
  • rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    That's where I'm shopping, in grapevine.

I'm not sure if we are getting the best deals. They told me MSRP, while I read others claming to get some sort of discount. :mad:

Rocky
    They told me that they don't mark their cars up. :confuse:

I like em' alot, but to pay sticker for em....... :confuse:
  • Sewell of Dallas offered me $1000 off MSRP
    Thanx, if anyone can tell me a dealership that can be $1K lemme know.

Rocky
  • intenceintence Member Posts: 32
    The DFW dealers in general seem to be offering poor deals. I suspect it's because we only have Sewell and Park Place, so if they both stick to MSRP, they think you really don't have much choice.

Rockylee, read the posts a few pages back about oderdering from Wilde Lexus in Sarasota, you can pick the car up, or they will ship it to Texas for you (not sure how much shipping is, shouldn't be more than $1000 at the very most). In any case, they'll sell you the car for $2500 off. Even after shipping you're still getting a great deal compared to what the local dealers are offering.
  • five0_4tluvfive0_4tluv Member Posts: 41
    just ordered a 250RWD silver on silver w/ only the 18" wheel package for $1000 off. dealer said best rate was 5.9% and thinks it will go down first of the year. we'll see if the deal pans out when the car arrives. Lexus of Austin
  • frank35frank35 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know what I can expect to pay for a IS250 RWD if I plan on getting it in the summer. I live in NJ
  • jlesbcjlesbc Member Posts: 7
    I know Wilde is giving the deals on the East coast but i would like to find a dealer in the radius of 300 miles that would be willing to deal. any chance? I am willing to wait a couple of months. :)
  • lmalma Member Posts: 2
    RE: The IS 250. I am being told by northern Ca. dealer their selling at MSRP, They get 1-3 in at a time and their sold in a few days. I am close to ordering an IS250/rwd with nav. system, 4 week turn around. The smoky grey ex. with sterling/black interior w/nav. is not available in the whole northern region. He's quoting $36,000 (ouch!) (including destination, premium package and 18" wheels. Should I go for it? Especially if they come down a little or kick in some extras? Your deal seems pretty decent at $30,899. The True Prices Paid under the Edmunds site, it shows, at least up here in northern Ca. people are paying the MSRP.
  • joeletaxijoeletaxi Member Posts: 3
    I had a miserable time with the Seattle area dealers - the Fife dealership laughed in my face when I mentioned the IS appears in bold color in the "December to Remember" print ads. Dealers said they couldn't budge from MSRP, they'd take a deposit and THEN they'd look up when the car might come in ... "expect three to six months" ... so I contacted Portland and then picked up the car I wanted four days later - is250 AWD, Matador Red/Cashmere, NAV, and the seemingly obligatory "preferred package" (which, btw, is $20 cheaper in Oregon at $194). Paid $700 below MSRP thanks to "December to Remember" ... only charge was $50 for out of state temporary permit (WA state charges $20, dealer added $30 for the overnights to me and tabs processor). Easy buying experience, free chocolates, I love the car, the NAV rocks.
  • lmalma Member Posts: 2
    ...what package(s) were included and what was your total cost including destination. On this "December to Remember" promotion, what discount should we expect to get towards the new IS 250's? Has anyone out there mentioned and received any discount? It seems in California, their less willing to discount... They claim the price is "value priced" already. Anyone hearing the same?
  • lbailylbaily Member Posts: 25
    I just got home from picking up my Matador Red Mica/black interior IS 350 with sport pkg/nav(MSRP $43069) from Lexus of Annapolis. I paid $39000. The internet sales manager had everything ready when I got there. I live in northern Virginia. It was worth the drive for the car. I ate crabcakes for lunch by the city dock. It was a good day. :)
  • outwest1outwest1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi

We had the same problems with the Seattle area dealers...Lexus of Bellevue, and Lexus of Seattle very arrogantly refuse to budge on price. We ordered our car from Wilde-Florida and got $2500 off MSRP. After shipping, we'd save close to $1500. From our experience, don't even waste your time talking with the Seattle dealers.
  • joeletaxijoeletaxi Member Posts: 3
    Base price 34,285 + 2,550 NAV + 194 "Preferred Package" (trunk mat, cargo net, wheel locks) + 590 Destination = 37,619 Sticker - 700 December to Remember = 36,919 (my price) + 50 license fees.
    I'll pay Washington State sales tax when I pick up my plates ....
  • jmirollijmirolli Member Posts: 6
    I just ordered a IS250 AWD Glacier Frost with Nav/grey interior and MANAGED to get $1000 off after calling dealers in 3 different states (IN,MI,& PA) MSRP was around $37,700 - $1000 = $36,700. I live in Indiana and the dealer in Lansing Michigan finally took off 1k.(They also have 2 out of the 5 GM plants in the US that are closing down and figured they might move a little due to the economy) Everyone else I spoke to stated the December to Remember doesn't apply and wouldn't even talk about a discount. Simple rule of supply & demand that sucks for us as consumers. Going to take 4 weeks for delivery and if I went with black interior would have taken 3 months.The car is SICK so the 4 weeks is worth the wait. I just hope they raise the MSRP in 2006 so we all don't take it on the chin when we drive it off the lot. Looking for some feedback on the Glacier Frost exterior color.Has anyone seen it and what did you think?
  • diablo1diablo1 Member Posts: 55
    You got $4k of MSRP? That is insane. How did they possibly agree on that price? Are they having problems moving the cars?
    Yes, I was surprised too. They are a high volume dealer and wanted to move some cars, all models. They said they were making "crazy" deals. The car is beautiful and it was a first class buying experience. No fuss, no muss.
  • realthorrealthor Member Posts: 26
    Wow! Wish I lived in Maryland!
  • kenshin1kenshin1 Member Posts: 1
    I was able to get a 250 smoky granite automatic, with nav, 18 inch w, & premium pack for $2600 below MSRP. Paid about $33904 + TTL. Good deal?
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Looking at Carsdirect prices for the IS250. I tried northern California zip codes from San Francisco to Sacramento and got "target price" of MSRP.

I tried a Southern California zip code 90210 and they list firm prices that are $1200 below MSRP.
    So you can go to southern California and save $1200.

If I were to buy an IS250, I'd go with one with only automatic and Premium Package and I think that option level shouldn't be hard to find. Sounds like a common level of options for an IS250.

Carsdirect priced a 2006 IS250 in the 90210 area with automatic and Premium package at $31,840. Exactly $1200 below MSRP.
  • cptabcptab Member Posts: 6
    What dealer did you go to? I was in Silver Spring and they would not offer my anything at all off the $38k sticker on the loaded IS250. Well, actually, they offered me three free service appointments (oil change, air filter if needed, air in tires, etc.). A whole $100 worth of things I can get anywhere. I was very disappointed and walked away. I'd like to think the Alexandria dealer might offer something better.
  • jeffoojeffoo Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone in Southern Califonia gotten an IS350 with Sports/Luxury package w/navi for under MSRP price at all? And if so...how in the hell did you do it? I can't even find one with out getting on a waiting list and don't even try to mention blow MSRP with the dealers because they will just tell you someone else will take it if you don't want it @ what they are asking for...tsk tsk. :cry::cry::cry:
  • jsimon12jsimon12 Member Posts: 4
    I need feedback
    Awaiting delivery of my IS250 awd with navigation from Ray Catana dealership in New York (westchester). Was told it would be in this week. Called to check on status and am being told that they just received word that all the IS250s are being held up at the dock due to a recall of some part that is being replaced at the dock before sending on to the dealership. Unsure of delay but could be 1-3 weeks. This sounds too stupid to be made up but obviously I'm wondering. Any thoughts?
    I went to Lexus of Annapolis on Rt. 50. I suspect Lindsey Lexus in Alexandria might do better than Silver Spring.
  • proffyproffy Member Posts: 46
    Generally this is the case with buying new cars in the Seattle area. I always advise people to go to SanFran, or somewhere else and easily save $1,000 -> $1,500. I've had the same problem with Acura's, Infinitis, Volvos. Heck, I even went to the Honda dealership in Bellevue, and they were selling their Accords "above" MSRP. A standard Accord LX had a real world markup price of ~$2,500 above MSRP. When buying a new car, I suggest getting away from the Microsoft / Starbucks / Amazon.com culture.
  • stickboystickboy Member Posts: 4
    I got my fully loaded IS350 at Park Place and I paid MSRP which probably means I paid more than anyone else for an IS350, over $47K, that being said it is a truly amazing automobile, had it for almost a month.
  • ethan777ethan777 Member Posts: 27
    47k for the Is, man! who would believe that car cost almost 50k when u ask someone who doesnt know cars to guess how much it cost. u can almost buy a BMW 5 with that kind of money. i really hope u are loveing the car.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,073
    This isn't an unusual occurence for any imported car, especially one it's first model year...

I don't know it to be a fact, but it seems plausible..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jsimon12jsimon12 Member Posts: 4
    It is plausable, that's why it would be a good lie. I presume this would be a lexus wide problem, not just with my dealership. I'm curious whether anyone else who is expecting delivery now is having a similar problem.
  • boltfanboltfan Member Posts: 4
    i just bought an IS250 with navigation in san diego. i got $750 off MSRP and they also threw in tinted windows. worked out really nice, i pre-ordered it and it came in later than expected, i wonder if something needed to changed on the car like someone posted earlier. overall great buying experience if you qualify make sure you get the 5.25%financing rate.
  • staceyrstaceyr Member Posts: 18
    Is this 5.25% interest rate a Lexus "December to Remember" special that applies to the IS? The best I've found is 5.65% through Capitol One online. Mission Viejo Lexus could do no better. Their internet sales manager did offer me a (non-navi) IS 350 for $2,000 off MSRP but they didn't have the Matador/Sterling combo I prefer.
  • truckasaurustruckasaurus Member Posts: 44
    There is a link to capital one finance through www.costcoauto.com that gives costco members 5.14%.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Is it possible to get an IS250 with only automatic transmission and nav system?
  • staceyrstaceyr Member Posts: 18
    Thanks! I didn't think to check the rates through Costco first. 36 months at 5.14% & 60 months at 5.4%. Every little bit helps...
  • cdangcdang Member Posts: 12
    I got my IS 250 AWD for about $2,500 off of MSRP (paid $32,500 for car which includes dealer handling) base model. Have had it for about 2 months now. Just got my plates yesterday. Love everything about the car except I regret not getting the nav. They just didn't have any in stock when I made an offer and they accepted. Took it up to the mountains last weekend when it was snowing and it handled great.
  • brady4brady4 Member Posts: 6
    I got 5.05% at a SC dealership. Capital One will beat any rate, so they quoted me 5.0% for 60mos.
  • brady4brady4 Member Posts: 6
    Are dealer fees the norm or something that should be negotiated?
  • dmk720dmk720 Member Posts: 10
    Where do You live?
  • boltfanboltfan Member Posts: 4
    apparently the IS is not on the december to remember promo plan, however Lexus is currently offering this rate, at least at the dealership i was at. The finance mngr looked it up in his system and it was there so he game it to me at 5.25%. you can find out the best rates in your area at this links http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/lexus/is250/100649801/incentives.html
  • cdangcdang Member Posts: 12
    I'm in Denver, CO. Go Broncos!
  • starman98starman98 Member Posts: 119
    No they won't.
  • starman98starman98 Member Posts: 119
    Man..so a loaded IS will cost about 47K? Man...that is a lot I would have opted for a Infiniti M45, Acura RL, or BMW 525i which are all a class above the IS.

THe IS is a great car but the no dealing pretty much ruined it for me.
  • jmos27jmos27 Member Posts: 6
    Be patient and you can find a good deal. I happened to get lucky and bought a loaded IS 350 with a sticker if $43600 for $39200 in New Jersey.. It had some options I didn't want but at that price I just couldn't pass it up. I agree that if you have to pay over $45k you are in a different class car, but the IS is a pretty amazing car for the price, I think that for the money it is the perfect blend of sport and luxury plus it has that grin factor that I look for in a car. Go
  • eiji14eiji14 Member Posts: 8
    i just completed an order for a black/black is350 with luxury package, 18's, nav, headlamp washers, parking assist and preferred accessory package -- MSRP $43589 -- for $40000 plus tax, title and registration. with $0 down, my monthly payment is $596 per month for a 36 month, 12k mi/yr lease. they also threw in complimentary 5k and 10k services for some added savings down the road.

i'm located in new york and used rallye lexus in LI (previously purchased an IS300 back in 2001 so this is my 2nd go around with them). i'd be more than happy to help anyone out with questions regarding my deal, the dealership or my salesperson.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,149
    You can share dealership information here, but not info about specific salespeople - see the red lettering above the "post a message" box. Thanks!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews