Options

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    staceyrstaceyr Member Posts: 18
    What was the MSRP on this car? Price sounds too low for a IS 350...did you mean IS 250? I've been told that you can't get the ML audio system without navigation.

I'd love to buy this set-up at this price. Where did you find it? Let me guess...Montana?
  • Options
    If this is true, then maybe there's still hope for me. I'd like to save the cost of the navi but the ML would be worth the $900 price I've seen before.

I was tempted by the below invoice Acura TL prices before New Years here in So Cal, making the IS 350 $10,000 more expensive similarly equipped. Unfortunately (or fortunately), I hesitated too long and missed the boat on pricing and 2.9% financing. I couldn't find the red/camel TL combo I wanted anywhere. Of course, I couldn't find the Matador Red / Sterling IS 350 combo I wanted either!

The seach goes on...maybe I'll find something new at the L.A. Auto Show tomorrow.
  • Options
    eiji14eiji14 Member Posts: 8
    mycolourist, the car is already at my dealership waiting for me to pick it up since i was out of the states on vacation. they originally said it'd arrive this week from japan, but somehow it came in earlier.

havent heard anything about a possible recall tho. what have u heard?
  • Options
    fudfud Member Posts: 5
    Back seats have less room then a jetta! I would think again if have 2 kids. BTW, my dealers says the same too with selling like hot cakes! But then again, I've only seen 3 so far on the road. Where's all the cars that they say are selling out!?!? :confuse:
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    The car is new. This means the supply chain has not ramped up. Newly released cars are more fun to buy, so more traffic goes to the dealer to look at them.
    Combine this and it is easy to sell out despite low actual volume of sales.
  • Options
    lbailylbaily Member Posts: 25
    eiji14, check out post #397 for your answer.
  • Options
    bigbwbbigbwb Member Posts: 12
    Hey everyone, (sorry, I also posted this under the lease section)

I will be in the market for the new IS 250 rwd sometime in the next 3-4 months. I currently drive a 2000 BMW 328CI and want to get something newer. My question is what would a real good lease price be on a 3 yr 15K mile lease with no money down? Also, if I were to purchase it, any idea on the monthly payment/selling price most have been getting? I would get the base 250 with the manual and premium package only, nothing more. I also lease a 2006 Toyota 4runner, so leasing to me, is common. Does Lexus allow you to buy extra miles at $.10/mile from the beginning like toyota let me do on the 2006 4runner? Sorry for all the questions, I have never leased a Lexus, my family has always bought them.

Any suggestions would help.

Thank you,
    Brandon
  • Options
    chazzohchazzoh Member Posts: 4
    I just found out....my black IS250 AWD w/ Premium package and navi will be coming into port at Portland, OR on Friday! From there, it should take 2-3 weeks to make the trek to Cincinnati.

Full sticker, but I'm too excited to care. :)
  • Options
    dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    Too bad you can't get OR sales tax with that 0%....

DL
  • Options
    hhvu10hhvu10 Member Posts: 1
    sounds like a good deal; what was the MSRP? color?
  • Options
    Here in So Cal I've been seaching for weeks without success for a red/sterling IS 350 with 18" wheels and premium pkg only. Several sources have told me that only 3 matching cars are headed to the western regions 52 dealers and nobody has been able to locate one of them for me. Finally a dealer called me to say they had a red/sterling 350 inbound and offered it to me for $2137 off MSRP. The only problem is that this car also has navigation which bumps the price higher than I'm comfortable with. Should I take the "bird in the hand" or keep looking for the "needle in a haystack"? I could ask for a larger discount but I'm sure in the current market they would be able to sell this combo for more than they're asking from me.

This car arrives next week so I need to commit soon...any thoughts?
  • Options
    ck6915ck6915 Member Posts: 3
    That's really good deal, at least in South Cal. which dealer do u go to? i am looking for a IS350 with navi if possible, without premium package and 40000 or below, out of door. anybody know a good place? longo or tustin?
  • Options
    carhunter3carhunter3 Member Posts: 11
    Has anyone acutally taken delivery on an Is250 that was pruchased from Wilde in Sarasota? I've seen a lot of people talk about them and I got a great quote from them but want to know who's taken delivery on one from them. Also were they fair with trade-in value? I was told we'd have to wait til the deal was further along (and until they knew when the car would be coming in)before they could give me a guess on what they'd give me on a trade.
  • Options
    suave_tequilasuave_tequila Member Posts: 116
    Yeah... I too want to know which dealership is it, if you dont mind telling us!
  • Options
    Well my IS 350 will cost $48K MSRP, but for invoice its $41-42K and thats a 6-7K diffrence and I wanted to know, when should I expect to buy an IS at invoice price! I was thinking of purchasing one in mid June or July to start off the summer! :D

Or in your opinion, will Lexus even sell the IS at invoice!? :confuse:
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    I think invoice is more likely at a year end clearance of a model about to replaced than a new design.
  • Options
    jmirollijmirolli Member Posts: 6
    I ordered my IS 250 back on 12/15/05 and was notified that it is scheduled to arrive at port tomorrow and I should have it sometime the week of the 23rd. $1000 off -

Like the earlier post just happy to get a car.

:)
  • Options
    pinoy_akopinoy_ako Member Posts: 1
    I just got a call today from the dealer with the four sweetest words - "Your car is here." I specifically wanted a black on black IS 250 w/Navigation, premium package, and 18" wheels. Problem was no one had it in stock. I called the local dealer here in Vegas and about 10 in So. Cal, but nothing. However, two dealers in particular(South Bay & Riverside,CA) were very persistant and the one at S. Bay's Internet Dept. was able to locate one. Out the door price $34,291 +TTL($36,504 MSRP). Was the best price I was able to locate from all the dealers I contacted. Pickup next week on my day off. Can't wait!!! Word to all of you prospective buyers. DON'T GIVE IN to those dealers who aren't willing to negotiate! Just keeps the price up for the rest of us. Remember, we the Buyers are in control! We have the right to say NO and the right to walk out and go to another dealer! Yes, patience is the key! Good Luck everyone and California here I come!!! :shades:
  • Options
    Really 36K!! Thats not bad!! :D Did you get headlamp washers, or accesories as well!? Because I believe if I dont end up with an 350 by June I will for sure buy a 250 with the options you have for that price! Any info will be appreciated! THANKS! :)
  • Options
    rausraus Member Posts: 1
    I have been shopping for this car for the last few weeks and nobody has been willling to even negotiate (here in San Diego). I am jealous of those people on this post who somehow manage to find a deal, (mostly for the IS250).
  • Options
    ncaligirlncaligirl Member Posts: 3
    Well, I simply emailed Stevens Creek Lexus in San Jose area of N. Cali and found them willing to knock $1000 off MSRP for any new IS 250 OR 350. Anyone find anything to beat that in the N cali area yet? :):)
  • Options
    One concern I have, a BMW dealer actually told me that the lexus touch screen tends to fade due to light exposure and becomes difficult to see display. Has anyone had such a problem with their lexus? If this is in fact a problem...is there a screen or cover of some sort availale to protect the screen from the sun exposure when not in use? and also I had a problem with the LCD digital clock display in my toyota...the screen becoming sort of faded/spotted from cleaning which caused it to be difficult to see the screen. Anyone with any advice on the best way to clean the screens/dash area panel to protect the finish and not dull the displays? I know this is not a price question, but may influence whether I choose the IS350 over the BMW 330i. I have to say the IS is much nicer design and the lexus name being toyota product gives me a lot of confidence in the product. ;)
  • Options
    It's the "bird in the hand" for me! After a lengthy test drive with the wife in a navigation equipped IS 350, I've gotten her to agree that the extra money spent on the navi would be worth it. I've spent the last 4 days trying in vain to find the "needle in a haystack", a similar non-navi, to save the $2550 and the only thing close was my second color choice of the light blue (which the wife liked) but we're going to dig a little deeper for the red/sterling w/nav, premium, 18" wheels & misc access for $38,611 at Lexus of Ontario. I'm also adding $950 for the chrome wheels exchange because the gray painted 18" are rather dull. The chrome against that awesome Matador Red Mica should look great!

Pick-up is tomorrow...
  • Options
    jmirollijmirolli Member Posts: 6
    Pinoy_ako,

Does the 250 come with 18" wheels or did the dealer swap them out for you? Also did you get the chrome or alloy wheels and how much extra did it cost?

I think I'm going to call my dealer on Monday and have them order the chrome wheels while I'm waiting for my car to arrive.

I'm also wishing I would have ordered the ML sound system as well, but I hear the stock system is pretty good.
  • Options
    wco81wco81 Member Posts: 590
    Putnam once told me $1500 off. But that may have been for existing inventory.

I've told them I will not even consider it until they get in cars with HIDs, which aren't available yet.

So maybe they were trying to get me to bite on a configuration I really didn't want.

From the sound of things, it sounds like you can get better deals on 325 or 330is these days, even without looking into Euro Delivery.

So when they get the cars in with HIDs and other options, they better be more realistic about the price.
  • Options
    I agree, they could be a little more realistic with the pricing, but I really like the luxury and look of the lexus...not to mention the toyota reliability. I did notice the BMW offers 5yr/50k mi warranty that includes all service maintainance and repairs...they'll even replace wiper blades if needed at no charge...and can upgrade to 100k mi warranty that covers stem to stern. I am not in a huge hurry...I have the cash set aside and can wait. I am wondering if I am patient if the demand will stabilize and perhaps the prices will be a little more negotiable. It's not just the idea of $42k, but the add'l taxes and license. Does the lexus warranty cover all routine maintainence as BMW does? :confuse:
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,995
    No.. maintenance is not included on the Lexus..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    digital_bdigital_b Member Posts: 129
    what did you expect a bmw dealer to say? my LS is 4 years old and there is no problem with the screen and I have not ever heard of this from the other lexus owners in the group I am part of.
  • Options
    laneflanef Member Posts: 1
    Here's the numbers for my crystal white auto RWD IS 250 (MSRP $31,160) with 18" alloy Wheels with summer tires($720), Navigation system($2550), Premium package($1290), Preferred Accessory Package($194), and rear lip spoiler($355). subtotal MSRP $36,269 +$590 delivery fee = Total MSRP $36,859. Bought it for $36,766 out the door (includes 7.5% sales tax and $68.25 title fee). Basically car was $2000 over invoice. Invoice would have been $32,147. Salesman at Lexus of Las Vegas was great to work with.
  • Options
    aaaliasaaalias Member Posts: 2
    Here's the senario. IS250 RWD, + factory installed premium package (no Nav). The "Build Your Lexus" says $33,760 +TTL while the various local SoCal San Gabriel Valley dealerships like Longo and Cerritos have pretty much quoted me $33,954. Through the company I work for, I was able to get an instant email quote for $33,200 from Glendale.

So at this point, how much should I expect to pay and still be considered a great deal? $1000, $1500 off? Thanks.
  • Options
    aaaliasaaalias Member Posts: 2
    Wow! Great info. I just basically asked for what you just said. $2000 over invoice is a great starting point for me as a bargaining tool. Though I see that you're in Vegas, while I'm in Los Angeles.

Love Vegas, go there 2 or more times a year.
  • Options
    masapo98masapo98 Member Posts: 6
    I just bought my IS 350 and I am going to pick it up this weekend. I asked for 7% off sticker which was about $3,000 off. I also asked for window tints, which cost close to $500. I hope this is a good deal. It is optioned with Lux Package & 18 inch wheels. Is this an okay deal?
  • Options
    I just got an IS250 RWD, Glacier Mica Frost/cashmere, automatic, Premium package, rear lip spoiler and 18" wheels (which is really their standard base model is250 now-most dealers say 18" wheels and rear lip spoiler are pretty much standard now from what they've seen coming off the boat) MSRP of 33,019 got it for 30,800 (and the dealer fee was waived, so it's almost like we got the veh for about 30,300) Got this through a broker here in South Florida, but all the dealers here were negotiating to some extent. Lexus of Palm Beach was 1500 off right off the bat without negotiating and Wilde Lexus of Sarasota was 30,980. I think we got a great deal!!
  • Options
    cmschmiecmschmie Member Posts: 27
    I have the same question, but for Charlotte on the East Coast.
    I am interested in the IS250 RWD 6spd manual. I like the Sport Package and maybe the Sound System. I have yet to actually check them out in person, how good is the standard system?
    Any ideas on what I could expect the salesman to agree on without makin' me go bankrupt?
  • Options
    cmschmiecmschmie Member Posts: 27
    Has anybody here puchased or are thinking about purchasing an IS250 6spd manual?
    If so, would you mind letting me know approximately how much you spent? What sort of discounts is Lexus offering?
    I'd like the Sport Package and maybe the Mark Levinson audio package.
    If I can get it without adding much to price, the Nav system (how well does this work?)

Thanks for any input...
  • Options
    sosksosk Member Posts: 42
    Carhunter3, it sounds like you got a great deal, AND you got the color combo I think I want. I haven't seen it yet, tho - does it look great? I heard somewhere that you can't get a 250 with the luxury package yet - does anyone know if that's true???
  • Options
    profitz500profitz500 Member Posts: 1
    After placing a deposit on a Black on Black IS 350, with Nav, Mark Levinson Sound, Spoiler, 18" Rims, Sport Package, HID Lights back on Nov 1st, 2005, the dealer has told me that I should be getting the car within 2 weeks. About 90 Days total for the wait.
    They are telling me the price is $44,500. I hear stories about others getting $1500 to $3000 off MSRP. I'll demand $4,000 off MSRP, $40,500 out the door. What I want to know is:
    What kind of room do I have to bargain with these guys?
    Is $44,500 a good price?
  • Options
    simonsayssimonsays Member Posts: 29
    I'm going back and forth between BMW and Lexus but leaning
    towards Lexus. Yes, BMW offers maintenance and repairs up
    to 5yrs/50k. Thats something hard to pass up. The Toyota
    dealer near me services Lexus vehicles without the Lexus
    price. Most of the parts are the same between Toyota and Lexus
    anyway. It's still a Toyota.
  • Options
    ck6915ck6915 Member Posts: 3
    40,500 out of the door?!?! that would mean around 36000ish before taxes. with ur package it's around 43000 MSRP. so u r asking for around 8000 off the MSRP. i don't know if it's possible, but if u succede in getting that car at 40,500 out of the door, let me know where u get it. thanx
  • Options
    I haven't taken delivery of it yet. Actually the auto broker is having a bit of a problem finding my color combo and he also came back and said the dealer is having a hard time doing it at that price and needed to raise price $300 so it's not quite a done deal yet, but even at 31,100 (which includes dealer fee) it's still a pretty good deal.
  • Options
    njbuyer13njbuyer13 Member Posts: 3
    We are looking for a 250AWD and when we got quotes via the internet 2 dealers told us the 250 and the luxury package were not available. This is not true. The luxury package is available on the 250.
  • Options
    dsuibhnedsuibhne Member Posts: 1
    What price were you quoted from the 2 dealers for the 250 AWD?

Thanks....
  • Options
    amf09amf09 Member Posts: 2
    Which dealers?

We were told that IS AWD 250 w/luxury package were not being delivered to dealers unless it was a custom order. For a custom order it would be a 4 month wait. We got one without it and are very happy.
  • Options
    njbuyer13njbuyer13 Member Posts: 3
    we actually got 3 prices for the 250 AWD navigation package and luxury package. the first one was from Prestige up in Ramsey NJ, $1,000 off MSRP. The second and third one was Ray Catena and Lawrence Lexus $750 off MSRP. The last two told us that the luxury package was not available. They called us back and said Lexus is starting to ship the car with the luxury package. We were told from all three dealers that expect a mid February, early March delivery. Still going to try Tri-State. Few posts back said they were giving great deals.
  • Options
    jlesbcjlesbc Member Posts: 7
    My title says it all!
  • Options
    wco81wco81 Member Posts: 590
    Where are you that they're getting models with Lux Package?

Post whether they accept your offer or not and list the full MSRP.
  • Options
    jimityjimity Member Posts: 10
    Anyone know of any dealers in the Southern California (from San Diego to North LA) that have an IS350 with the dynamic cruise control? I've had no luck finding a single one.
  • Options
    masapo98masapo98 Member Posts: 6
    asked for 7% off, with free tints. deal made 1/07/08
    tint price was $425

Total MSRP (from deal and matches MSRP on lexus website): $43,589

Total Unit Price: $40,538

so i got $3,051 off MSRP plus free tints (tint 35%)

the car was from new england area. I can give you more specifics if you would like. (ie dealership)

picking car up today @ 1:30. process took around 1 week.

IS 350 Lux Package, 18 inch wheels, additional options

This includes:
    Luxury Package with 18-in wheels includes Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim, Perforated leather-trimmed interior, Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column, Lexus Memory System for power driver's seat (except lumbar) outside mirrors and steering wheel, Heated and ventilated front seats, Illuminated doorsill scuff plates, Power rear-window sunshade, Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle, Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse, Bi-xenon High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps, Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS), and 18-in alloy wheels.
    Additional Options:
    - Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System
    - Intuitive Parking Assist
    - Headlamp washers
    - Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)

(directly from lexus website)

oh and i also got all weather floor mats. i think they're ugly, but it was offered so i took them. i am going to try and see if i can get them to throw in a car cover instead. it has more practical use.
  • Options
    So the deal ended up being Breakwater Blue/black leather, RWD is250, automatic, 18" wheels, rear lip spoiler for 30,800 (MSRP was 33,019). This from a dealer that said they weren't negotiating at all. Car comes into port tomorrow so should have it within the week. They're not producing too many breakwater blues apparently so at least I'll be sort of unique on the road. I'm happy...but will be happier when I get the veh. ;):)
  • Options
    neil5neil5 Member Posts: 118
    This sounds like nice deal. I am torn between IS350 and GS300 for about 2K more loaded. Bigger car. I want HID, NAV,backup cam, park assist, ML optional for me...don't care about other stuff. What package is best for me? for these options