Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• avexavex Member Posts: 37
    If that's the case, then my guess is that the residual has come down on the IS350. Last time I checked, it was still at 55% for October/November.

Car-Man: Can you confirm the December lease numbers (money factor/residual) for the the IS350 (3 year, 15K lease)???

> Yes i am sure. at least a dealer quoted me on that.
  • grk12grk12 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

Could you also post the 2008 IS250 AWD December sale lease info? (res/mf)

Will these rates get better as it gets closer to year end?

Thanks for the help!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Congratulations on getting your new IS, fisearch. Thanks for taking the time to stop in and share the details of your lease with everyone. Real world examples of leases are always helpful. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews system to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello ntlwhsle. Lexus introduced its December to Remember event last week. It is not currently providing any cash incentives on the IS 250, but it does have a special lease program on it. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 IS 250 with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I would not be surprised if you were able to lease this car for $500 over invoice and have the dealer use the buy rate to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi docgary. You can confirm that the selling price you were quoted for this car is below dealer invoice by looking up its invoice price in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. If the price that you are being given is indeed below invoice, this is a very good deal. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Lexus Financial Services' new December to Remember buy rate lease money factor of .00175 (for Tier 1+ customers) to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, avex, Lexus introduced its December to Remember promotion last week. Through the end of the year, Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Lexus IS 350 with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi youhoo211. Please see my previous post for the info that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi grk12. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. According to the latest information that I have seen, Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Lexus IS 250 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. This lease program is scheduled to run through January 2nd.

Car_man
    Host
  • grk12grk12 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks!
  • md_outbackmd_outback Member Posts: 185
    Hi Car-Man, Can you please provide the December-to-Remember lease data (MF and residual) for the Lexus IS250 AWD for a 36 month term and 12,000 miles per year (top credit rating)? Vehicle will have Navigation and Luxury Package with an MSRP of around $40,500. As always, thanks for your help.

MD
  • bvmd73bvmd73 Member Posts: 2
    hi,
    i''m also looking for a 08 IS 250 without NAV and was wondering which dealer in Southern Cal did you get your deal? Also, which one was the 2nd best price?
    thanks!
  • fisearchfisearch Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

The dealership was Longo Lexus. I dealt with the internet manager. He's a nice older guy who has been working there for 10+ years. Don't go in to see him, just give him a call and he should give you bottom line pricing on the IS 250. I ended up getting about 4 or 5 quotes from other dealerships and I think the other one might have been cerritos (they came in at 31,250, but i'm not sure. I only spoke with the internet sales department and not an actual sales rep. The internet guys all gave me bottom line pricing on the phone. I don't recommend Santa Monica or Palm Springs (both were much higher). When you get your quote, tell them with no money down only the drive off. (should be between 750 - 800)

Have fun and good luck. If there are any other questions, just let me know.
    No problem, grk12. Good luck in your quest for a new Lexus. Make sure to stop back and let us know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi md_outback. In the areas that I have seen its December to Remember lease program for, Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 IS 250 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00175 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car-man!
  • cargregcargreg Member Posts: 2
    Car Man -

I am looking for the residual and MF for a 2008 IS350 12k/year for 24 and 36mo. I am also looking for the same info for the IS250 AWD.

Looking back and seeing they do MSDs - how much can you buy the money factor down? This could make me real glad I'm out of lease on an '06 A4 and didn't jump on another yet

Thanks!
  • st7st7 Member Posts: 12
    Car man,
    You helped me three years ago to secure some great Lexus lease deals. Would appreciate it if you could provide the following information for a 2008 IS350 with premium package for December lease:

1) base money factor

2) 36 month residual value percents, based on 12,000 miles per year and 10,000 miles per year (if Lexus offers this option) ?

3) 48 month residual value percents, based on 12,000 miles per year and 10,000 miles per year (if Lexus offers this option) ?
  • sddreamssddreams Member Posts: 15
    Hello all,

I am in the market to lease a 2008 IS250 AWD. Can you advise if these are good terms:

Trim/Options: 2008 IS250 AWD with Navigation, Premium Pkg, HID headlamps, & Bluetooth.
    Term: 36 months
    Mileage: 12K per year
    Net Cap Cost: $35,266
    Residual: 58% (based on MSRP of $39,221)
    MF: .00175
    Monthly Net: $449 + tax

Due at signing:

$600 - Bank Fee
    $1394 - Sales Tax
    TTL fees

Is this a good deal? Why is sales tax of $1394 being charged at signing? I thought for leases there is no upront payment of sales tax? Can someone explain this to me?

Also, can someone advise me as to how I can get some add'l features thrown in such as window tinting, remote starter, and/or Satellite radio? Are there add'l negotiating points?

Thank you to anyone who responds. I greatly appreciate your time.
  • akhi2006akhi2006 Member Posts: 14
    It is very good deal. But if you plug in the numbers in lease calculator the payment is coming much higher. Make sure that lease documents reflect the same numbers. The upfront sales tax depends on the state where you live. Good Luck.
  • sddreamssddreams Member Posts: 15
    Hey Car Man,

Any chance you can weigh in on your thoughts regarding the offer made to me? I am planning to buy the car this weekend, and would be helpful to know if I could negotiate anymore in your opinion. Thank you in advance.

Trim/Options: 2008 IS250 AWD with Navigation, Premium Pkg, HID headlamps, & Bluetooth.
    Term: 36 months
    Mileage: 12K per year
    Net Cap Cost: $35,266
    Residual: 58% (based on MSRP of $39,221)
    MF: .00175
    Monthly Net: $449 + tax

Due at signing:

$600 - Bank Fee
    $1394 - Sales Tax
    TTL fees

Is this a good deal? Why is sales tax of $1394 being charged at signing? I thought for leases there is no upront payment of sales tax? Can someone explain this to me?

Also, can someone advise me as to how I can get some add'l features thrown in such as window tinting, remote starter, and/or Satellite radio? Are there add'l negotiating points?
  • oe2132oe2132 Member Posts: 4
    Please let me know if this is a good deal.

Lexus IS 250 AWD
    MSRP $35,060
    36 Month Lease
    15K Miles / Year
    $0 Down $434 / month (includes 7% NJ sales tax)
    Drive off fees $1055.70 + first month payment

Thanks!
  • muddyymuddyy Member Posts: 60
    Hi, in NY, I was quoted $36,200 for 2008 IS 250 w/ Nav and XM
    Lease deal:
    36 months
    10,000 miles year
    $ 2,595 at signing (tax 1,237, bank fee 600, 1st month 466 + 292)
    $ 466/month for 35 months

That's a total of $18,905 for a 3 year lease. The price of $36,200 seems high and the lease deal seems high. The $2,595 was described as mandatory. Does anyone know what a car of this spec should be to be considered a good lease? Thanks.
    Hi muddyy,
    The answer depends on a few things. What is the MSRP of the vehicle? Is it AWD or RWD? Looking at buyers on this and other Lexus IS forums, most good deals are at least $4000 below MSRP, some more than $5000 below. So check edmunds.com or other sites to determine the dealer invoice and use that as a guide to the type of deal you are getting. The $36,200 seems to be high - you may be able to get that reduced by $1000 or more. As for the mandatory fees, I have always been able to roll all taxes and fees into the capitalized cost, paying just the 1st month's lease fee when I pick up the car. Should be the same for you unless your state has rules against what can be capitalized. Otherwise, the $466 per month seems to agree with the current money factor and residual values Lexus is offering this month. So negotiate harder on the selling price and ask if all the taxes and fees can be included so your initial out of pocket is just the first month's lease fee.

MD
    Thanks. The spec is in my thread title, yes AWD. The internet dealer said the price was 36,200 but if i came in and spoke there was a little wriggle room, I'm guessing 1,000 off, maybe. I asked about rolling taxes and he said no, at his dealership that down payment was a firm requirement. He also said the internet sale was lower than the showroom and he was already giving me a discount (but they always say that).

On Edmunds my spec MSRP is 39,600 and the invoice is 34,600. If I do get 1,000 off is that then a good deal? This dealer is in a super wealthy suburb of NYC. Thanks.
    Whats up Car Man,

I signed this deal yesterday at a Lexus Dealership in freehold NJ and would love your opinion.

36 Month Lease
    15K mile per year
    MSRP $35,060
    $0 Down (but paid fees of $1055.70 + $430 for first month payment)

Monthly Payment: $430.00 (includes 7% NJ sales tax)

Thanks in advance! Anyone's opinions appreciated.
    muddyy,
    If you can get a price that is close to $35,200 then I'd say it's a very good deal ($600 over invoice). If he doesn't move much on price you can always request an Internet quote from another dealer in the area and have them bid against each other. Also, as it gets closer to the end of the month the dealer may be more flexible - especially the last week in December (always a pretty slow week for car sales). Good luck.

MD
  • tomcimotomcimo Member Posts: 9
    Hey guys, Im in NJ (Toms River) and I am heading to Lexus tonight for an IS250 AWD loaded with Navi... does anyone have a reccomendation in terms of which dealer I should go to? The 2 closest to me are Ray Catena FREEHOLD or OAKHURST. Thanks in advance. Some of these deals look great.
    Tomcimo....I visited both the Ray Catena in Freehold and Oakhurst. I did not have a good expericence at the Oakhurst location. The salesmen I spoke with was a young kid who tried to get me into a lease on a IS250 AWD for $525/month which I got the same exact car at the Freehold location for $430/month without much of a fight. Of course, it all depends on your salesmen but I was treated much better in Freehold. Good Luck!
    What dealer did you go to in NJ?
    Thank you for your input. I will try Freehold. I was offered this at Oakhurt last night:
    2008 IS250 AWD loaded with navi

$0 down cap cost
    $500 TTL
    $600 Bank Fee
    58% residual
    .00175 MF
    MSRP=$40,000
    Giving it to me for $37,300

Came out to $539/month..

I put it in lease calc and seems like a good deal but compared with what other people are getting I think it could be much better... Id like the payment to be max 500 but we'll see what Freehold can do. You have a certain salesman I should see?
    Hi, first, is this for 36 months and 12K miles a year? It seems your taxes are folded into the monthly payment, right? Are you saying your down payment is 1,100, but what about 1st months payment, shouldn't that be in too? Anyway, you've written 1,100 down and 539/month; assuming that is 36 months, that's 539x36=19,409+1,100=$20,504. So you are in effect paying 20,504 to lease a 37,300 car for 3 years. I think that's high, by anyone's calculations.
    Sorry I was typing fast,

Yes, 36 month, 12k year.

The 1100 down is the tax, title, regs, ... I didnt include first months payment but that will be added.

I thought 539 was a little high too.
    Hi, I called local dealers and got prices as an internet sale. Is there anyway to get it lower? It seems everyone is giving me this price. Thanks.

2008 IS250 AWD (package 2) HID and NAV 12,000 miles/year - 36 months

NY:
    MSRP: 39,322
    Sale: 34,700
    Down: 1,500 (1st mnth, bank fee, registration)
    Monthly: 476

NJ:
    MSRP: 39,322
    Sale: 34,830
    Down: 1,400
    Monthly: 475
    Where can I get that deal!! Oakhurst is a rip, same deal but 539 a month!!
    Ok here are final details

36 month lease, 12k miles a year, 2008 AWD IS250 fully loaded with Navi

$0 down cap cost
    Due at signing (first month, title/reg, bank fee)
    $485+sales tax (NJ) so $519 with tax
    58% residual
    .00175 MF

• christina271christina271 Member Posts: 65
    OE2132,

did your deal include a MSD? Last Thanksgiving I was going to get an IS at Ray Catena for 406/month with 4500 or so in multiple security deposits. That price inclided tax and was for 36months and 15k miles. AWD no Nav
    Christina271,

Thanks for your info. My deal had no security deposit. The sales manager tried to get me to put one down but after a very brief battle we ended up with none. What do you think about the $430 / month payment. When I run the numbers we paid about $600 over invoice which seems like a pretty good deal.
  • christina271christina271 Member Posts: 65
    OE2132,

I think it sounds like a great deal-that's why I wanted to make sure it wasn't with the MSD. After seeing your deal, my deal last year wasn't good. The standard lease from them is 369/month with 2500 cap cost which comes out to about 470 with tax. Glad to see you got it for much less. I don't get why Oakhurst and Freehold give out such different monthly payments-someone else here said they were quoted over 500.
  • st7st7 Member Posts: 12
    Car Man,

Can you provide me with Lexus base money factor on the IS350 ?
  • blah5blah5 Member Posts: 3
    I'm working on a payment for a 2008 IS250 AWD.
    MSRP: $35,169.00
    Sale Price: $32,200
    36 mo lease
    12k miles per year
    .00215 Money factor
    58% Residual
    First month's payment due at signing

This came to a monthly payment of $507.

Seems high but I can't figure out why :confuse:
    Comments are appreciated!
  • redbull321redbull321 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for the current buy rate MF and residuals for the IS 250 RWD for 10k and 12k miles - both 24 and 36 months.
  • vdopirovdopiro Member Posts: 4
    Hi oe2132.
    Can you please e-mail me (vdopiro@msn.com) the address and the name of your dealer. Looks like a vey good one.
    Thank you.
    I was just at my local Lexus dealership and asked for the .00175 MF for December to Remember, I was told that the current MF is .00215 and "I will not get the buy rate." Any advice? :confuse:
  • ntlwhslentlwhsle Member Posts: 21
    Hi,

just call other dealerships around. ask for fleet sales and then tell them what you want. you should be able to get buy rate and $500 over invoice NO PROBLEM. another way is fill out a quote on edmonds main site and 4 dealers will reply to you with the best pricing. i would do it that way, no haggles.

Thanks for your help ntlwhsle.

Tried, but to no avail. I guess this is what happens when you only have 2 Lexus dealerships in the state (that are both owned by the same person)

I called and told them I will be going elsewhere for their unwillingness to use the .00175 MF... they put no effort into trying to save the deal!
    I just completed a deal for a 2008 IS250 AWD with Navigation and Luxury Package at Lexus of Silver Spring, Maryland:

MSRP: 40,765
    Sell Price: 36,200 (got to that price with no haggle within 5 minutes)
    36 months; 12k miles per year
    .00175 Money factor
    58% Residual
    Paid taxes, fees and first month
    Monthly payment is $458

The price they gave me in person was better than everything I received via Internet quotes from several Lexus dealers in the area (I only intended to have my wife test drive the car, then buy it elsewhere). They also gave me a pretty good price on my trade-in ($1000 more than the local CarMax appraisal). The finance person did make two initial "errors" during the lease calculation that I had to point out. They used the wrong money factor and they did not correctly adjust the overall cost based upon the net equity in my trade-in that I was rolling back to cover the taxes and fees. Had I not been prepared, thanks to reading this forum, I might not have noticed the errors and it could have added more than $75 to the monthly lease cost. It pays to study up before you visit the dealer.

MD
    Hi Car_man,

Do you have the January 2008 lease figures for the IS350 yet? I'm looking for the base money factor and residual for a standard 36 month/15k mile per year lease.

I've locked in the "December To Remember" .00195 mf, but my car won't arrive for several weeks, so I'm told I'll have to use a January '08 residual. I believe the December residual is 54%, so I'm hoping there won't be much change for next month.

Thanks!
  • herro91herro91 Member Posts: 10
    Hi MD,

I also live in Maryland and am looking at a Lexus from Lexus of Annapolis.

Can you give me the name of the salesman you worked with from Lexus of Silver Spring? My email is dkccie@yahoo.com

Thanks!
    Can anyone here weigh in on the wisdom of leaving multiple security deposits when leasing your Lexus? You can leave up to 9 security deposits on your car as a way to bring down your monthly payment (and accordingly, your interest rate). This seems financially wise to me, but I'm just wondering if there's a catch I'm missing???
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    No catch... It's a good deal..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.