Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Fit

Comments

• Options
    dewaltdakotadewaltdakota Member Posts: 364
    According to CollegeHillsHonda.com's website, the retail price on the fog lights (part #08V31-SLN-100) is $329... of course, this does not include installation.
  • Options
    backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Aye, there's the rub!

There was a thread recently on the Honda Civic 2006+ discussion about dealer-installed fog lights, and the installed price was over $500. I don't know if that is common or not, but that is what this one dealer charged.
  • Options
    dchri2dchri2 Member Posts: 7
    Hate to bring up the subjects of mpg and the obvious issue of market manipulation vs. best engineering for the American consumer issue again. To those who were disappointed in what Honda gave us vs. what was possible and had signed up for email from Honda about the Fit I think we could send a message by unsubscribing from email and thereby disenroll from Honda's Society of Fit. Follow your email link and unsubscribe. I have and already feel better. My dealer will find out when he calls me up to inform me the Fits are in, but Honda may never know they lost an almost sure sale at MRSP+. There's always next year.
  • Options
    allfiredupallfiredup Member Posts: 736
    I bought a new Civic back in 1993 (when I was 18) and ended up with over $2000 in accessories. I got the car for about $13k, but after I added the $350 fog lights, $1100 wheels (only 14-inchers), $600 spoiler I ended up with a $15.5k Civic LX. I still loved the car and put over 170k miles on it, but the extras were way overpriced. Honda dealers obviously have large profit margins on these and love to sell them. Think about how many Accords you see driving around with rear wing spoilers...
  • Options
    robertsmxrobertsmx Member Posts: 5,525
    The US "Base model" appears to be the Canadian "LX" trim. (Honda could have just called it an LX here in the USA as well). It will come equipped with virtually everything, including:
    - A/C
    - Power Locks/Mirrors/Windows
    - Side Air Bags
    - Side Curtain Airbags

Now, Canadian DX may be minus A/C and possibly the power features, and obviously have a lower price tag. "Sport" models should be identical.
  • Options
    plektoplekto Member Posts: 3,738
    The 14 inchers are standard in Japan on the base model, and evidently give it a bit over a 30ft turning radius. The larger tires grip better in theory, but the car is so light that it's not only overkill, but it also makes the turning radius increase by several feet.

The same is true with the Mini - the base wheels are actually better than the runflat monsters. Not only inreplacement cost, but in terms of handing on twisty roads.

Or I could just get a pair of 14 inch steel wheels from Japan and bolt them on. :)
  • Options
    smlcarguysmlcarguy Member Posts: 25
    This has got me worried again about Honda's pricing strategy for Canada vs USA.

I guess at this point there is no way to confirm pricing of the 3 levels for Canada but is there a way to confirm info on content etc for the 3 trims?

I guess there's 2 ways to look at this.

#1, Honda recognizes Canadians are "cheap" and will create a base acceptable to us but not to Americans. They would price it accordingly in Canada, e.g. it would be LESS THAN the equivalent price of $13,000 US because of the missing features. Cdn LX would be equivalently priced to USA base, e.g. both equivalent of $13,000 US, and Cdn and USA Sport similarly priced likewise.

#2, my real worry is that Honda's starting US price of say approx. $13,000 US for the US "base", will become the CDN price for our de-contented "base DX". Like you said probably less air, electric's etc. In that way Honda could reap a huge margin advantage in Canada. That would mean that the next higher CDN "LX" would probably be that much more overpriced than the USA Base's simple exchange type differences i talked about in my earlier post # 1385. Likewise Sport in Canada would be way higher than USA Sport beyond these same exchange differences also.

What does everyone think is more likely, Honda will screw the Canadians this badly as in scenario #2 or be decent to us as in #1 ???
  • Options
    On the Canadian Honda website, under the Fit section, titled "Lifestyle", it states "And if you're out there in the Sport model, you'll be eating up kilometers with such standard creature comforts as air conditioning, power windows, and even cruise control."

This hints that for the other models, these features will not be standard for the Canadians. If this is not the case, then the person who put together the text, needs to re-take their business writing, sociology and marketing classes.
  • Options
    hungarian83hungarian83 Member Posts: 678
    I think Honda is taking a slightly different strategy in the US than in Canada. If you look at the two countries, what car is probably the closest competitor to the Fit?

In Canada, it's the Toyota Yaris 5-door. Now, if Toyota is selling the Yaris in Canada similarly to the way it is sold in the US, it will have a very basic setup at the base level. Honda needs a car with low standard features and a low price to compete with the base Yaris 5. Hence, the three trim lines.

However, being that there is no Yaris 5-door in the US, the Scion xA is the closest competitor. Unlike the Yaris, the xA is quite well-equipped and has a starting price at around $13k. Honda probably figures that it would be better just to stick with the better equipped base model in the US. I don't know about Canada, but I know that the DX models rarely sell in the US. I remember when the Element came out, seeing a DX with those steel wheels was very rare. Ever since the reasonably equipped LX model replaced the basic DX has the base model, I have seen far more LX models.
    I don't know, just my thoughts.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Honda is trying to screw the Canadians. The Canadian LX and Sport models will probably have similar content to the US base and Sport models. The Canadian Fit DX will probably be there so potential Yaris 5-door buyers have something they can cross-shop.
  • Options
    I just got off the phone with both Honda USA and Honda Canada customer service depts.

Honda USA said they have no info. Period. Told me about their FIT website we already have only.

I couldn't believe how much Honda Canada was telling me. Rep. confirmed Canada has 3 trim levels. Canadian "mid" level is equal to US Base level, and Sport = Sport, of course.

Canada's unique "Base" model not available in USA will be a de-contented version. I asked about what features were missing and present and was told main ones CDN base has...
    NO air conditioning standard.
    NO power mirrors standard.
    NO power door locks standard.
    YES power windows
    Yes ABS
    Yes magic seats
    Yes same safety features and airbags as all other levels

...(NOTE: Canada's mid level and USA's Base level WILL have the features shown as "NO" directly above as standard equipment.)

(Cruise available only on Sport as std. equip.)

I also asked about pricing and here is the only place he said he hasn't been advised yet.

I explained my rationale to him re: my above post # 1478 and he agreed #1 scenario made sense to him also, as was de-contented, however logic and common sense dont always prevail do they. Keep in mind i was speaking to a (very helpful & apparently knowledgable) client service reprensentative and not the CEO so he wouldnt be aware of pricing issues until informed. Still, was good all around info from proverbial horse's mouth.
  • Options
    It shouldn't be hard to import a base Fit from Canada - just change the lenses and a couple of other things if the engine/drivetrain is the same.

Bet it's $14-15K(Canadian), or about $11-12K in USD. I don't need power locks or A/C or all of that extra stuff. Well, maybe A/C but that is easy to get added afterwards.
  • Options
    We have metric km's speedo in Canada. Also dealer installed A/C would be pricier than facory a/c installed. After adding air, changing instrumentation, "Lenses(?)" upgrade cost for Americans may not be worth it.

For Canadians even, consider once A/C added to Base at higher Dealer price vs lower factory price, the spread to mid level will be reduced accordingly so those extra mid level features may only add a few more bucks on as well at that point.
  • Options
    mebmanmebman Member Posts: 100
    The problem is we all have been waiting so long for a hatchback with magic seats, it didn't really matter what the mpg's came out to be, we will buy it. All the whining (myself included) will become tiresome and yield way to the same anticipation we all had prior to finding out about the mediocre mpg. Just watch.
    Stinking Honda -they made us all their love slaves!
  • Options
    I think you're on to something there...
    From toyota.ca's Canadian Yaris pricing, notice how Canada's 3 door stripper model, the CE, (same thinking then as FIT's de-contented CDN Base) is much cheaper than the rest of the line-up.

As long as equivalent pricing remains for FIT equivalent equipment levels i wont be offended but they better not charge me equivalent of $13,000 US for a de-contented Canadian Base (DX) one!!! :mad: (Actually feeling more confident now that they wont, :)

3 Door CE manual Transmission $13,580

LE Package $14,175

Package C $16,045

Automatic Transmission $14,580

LE Package $15,175

Package C $17,045

5 Door LE Manual Transmission $14,910

Package B $16,560

Automatic Transmission $15,910

Package B $17,560

3 Door RS Manual Transmission $16,880

Package B $18,370

Automatic Transmission $17,880

Package B $19,370

5 Door RS Manual Transmission $17,615

Package B $18,815

Automatic Transmission $18,615

Package B $19,815
  • Options
    "A love slave to Honda" ... now THERE'S a title I never thought I'd have! :blush:

It sounds like someone already has plans for those "magic seats" in refresh mode. :surprise:

Better plan to tint those windows! ;)
  • Options
    Actually, yesterday I was reading in the Wall Street Journal that while people might like the cars that Toyota produces for their practicality and reliability, they really don't care much about the company itself or its heritage. In other words there isn't as much "emotion" associated with the Toyota brand name.
    Toyota is trying to reverse this so that people like the company as a whole and have a real interest in the company, not just the cars for being practical.

Sounds like this isn't a problem with Honda ;)
  • Options
    micwebmicweb Member Posts: 1,617
    Hmmm...I thought Honda was going to go head to head with the Scion xA. I fell in love with the xA and xB interiors. But this looks a little spartan. Oh well, I'll be sure to check it out anyway. The more the merrier.
  • Options
    georgetgeorget Member Posts: 48
    Love slave? I feel more like a jilted lover. I, like many here have had the Honda Fit on my mind for over a year. Each day anxiously looking for new information. I have told all my family, friends and neighbors of this wonderful little car from Honda that will get around 50mpg. It would have lots of room inside, and only cost around $13,000. The old saying two out of three ain't bad will not cut it here. The main reason for even considering the Fit was not the price and not the way it looked inside or out. It was that a automobile manufacture was going to make a simple no frills internal combustion engine car that could get the same mpg as a hybrid. I wanted vanity plates that read "50 MPG" not "POWER WINDOWS". If the argument is that the car gained 175lbs thus the smaller engine would not be powerful enough, then strip everything away except for safety features. Pop always said (from behind bars) you can't beat a stripper.

Honda, if your listening, I'm not your love slave yet. Send us the most fuel efficient Fit next time. Then we can talk.

P.S. The Fit as it is for $13,000 is a phenomenal car, and if I NEEDED a car, I would still get it.
  • Options
    jazz4mejazz4me Member Posts: 11
    smlcarguy,
    Appreciate the info. Would it be an possible for you to ask Honda Canada (helpful & knowledgeable) as to what colors the Fit will be available in? I know there have been a few posts concerning this. It is obviously a waste of time for me to contact Honda USA!
    Ken USA/Cali
  • Options
    bparker5bparker5 Member Posts: 3
    If Honda is listening... put me down as being in solid agreement with georget's post #1489. We all have our own perspectives but for me, fuel economy is a critical issue. If 38 mpg is the best highway rating a US Fit can get, I can't believe the car's efficiency was much of a priority for Honda. Hopefully it will be at some point in the future!
  • Options
    bparker5bparker5 Member Posts: 3
    Ken:

If you were interested in the USA colors, this link seems to list them, along with the Fit's specs and features list:

http://www.hondapreview.com/fit/index.htm

It's not a Honda site, though, so I'm not sure how accurate it is.
  • Options
    allfiredupallfiredup Member Posts: 736
    I can't figure out why they didn't call it the Jazz for the NA market. What sounds better to you, Fit or Jazz?
  • Options
    Thanks, but I am always checking out the Honda Preview link for updates. Others on this forum, to include myself, have been asking about the color yellow. I figured smlcarguy might get some accurate color info from Honda Canada. If the colors available are the same as those listed on Honda Preview, then I guess I/we will have to settle for that color selection. On another note, I am extremely satisfied with the Honda Fit, besides the fact that Honda finally decided to make it available in North America. For me, as long as the Fit got at least the same mileage as my '91 Civic hatchback standard and to top it off with a VTEC @ 109HP, I would be proud to own the Fit.
    (Just my 2 cents worth). :)
  • Options
    I'll call Honda Canada guy later on today and see what I can find out.

Any other "info requests" before I call???

Let me know... As long as list isn’t too huge I will try to consolidate and get answers.

In the meantime here's a link to a good article on small cars for the future and US's growing acceptance of same from "The Globe & Mail" Canada's self proclaimed National Newspaper... http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20060112/WHDETROI- T12/TPEntertainment

Here is some relevant info from there re the Fit...

"Honda
    Fit Set to go on sale in Canada this spring at a starting price of less than $16,000, the Fit is a North American-ized version of the "B-segment" small car already on sale in Japan under the same name and as the Jazz in Europe. Three years ago, when the Fit was first introduced in Japan, it was that country's car of the year."

& "Nissan
    Versa Like the Fit, the Versa is a four-door hatchback. Nissan plans to begin selling it this summer at about $14,000 to start, with heavily equipped models climbing into the $16,000-plus range. Nissan Canada's Forsyth rules out the possibility of selling a "stripper" version of the Versa as a price-leader in the sub-$13,000 range. A sedan version of the Versa will hit showrooms late in 2007."

I inserted Versa info as interestingly they mention they will not have a stripper, e.g. de-contented version, while re Fit above they say "starting price of less than $16,000"???

Where does that leave my speculation of the CDN Base DX being a stripper and starting at the low end similar to the Yaris (de-contented) stripper price ???

Why didn’t article writer say CDN Base DX starting at $14,000 or less then like stripper Yaris? Unless the article writer simply has no real source for his figures it seems it may be he is simply converting (e.g. for the CDN mid-level & USA Base level)$13,0000 US to $16,000 CDN as I had shown earlier without regard to the fact that Canada's stripper DX should be cheaper still???

Man, I hate this lack of info from supposed journalists! :mad:
  • Options
    raychuang00raychuang00 Member Posts: 541
    I can't figure out why they didn't call it the Jazz for the NA market.

The reason was because Honda sold a motor scooter under the Jazz name for a number of years in North America.
  • Options
    SMALL IS NOTHING IF IT'S CHEAP.

This is the critical part of the equation that the maklers have missed for years. We don't want an Aveo. We want a Mercedes A-Class. We don't want an Echo. We want a Mini.

If it's not equivalent to a midsize car inside and out, except smaller, it just won't sell to the "I want a small car" crowd, because they want the same thing they currently own in a smaller 1-2 person version for urban commuting. Not a stripped-down piece of junk that conpromises at every turn.

The Fit appears to be very close to the break-point in this equation, like the Mini is, though something like the A-Class or Audi's new subcompact coming soon is what consumers really want.

Oh - and YELLOW. I'd pay $500 more for Yellow as a special option. Yellow is fun. Yellow is small and cute. Yellow just looks best on a Fit and you executives in Japan know it - so give us Yellow.

That Orange? Won't sell more than a handful - it's just way out of American tastes for the people you are twargeting this towards. Yellow? You'll sell more in Yellow than red, I bet.
  • Options
    I havent called Honda to confirm yet but I would get yellow also, but would NOT pay extra for it (Dont encourage them to gouge us!!!)

Maybe because yellow would be so popular thats all they'd sell. Rather than everyone having a "Ford as long as it's Black" this is Honda's way of curbing the demand they probably know about already.

If every Fit out there is mostly yellow maybe Honda minds think that's something to be avoided/discouraged or whatever and affect the brand in a negative way.

Wouldnt bother me though , i love the yellow and wouldnt care if i had trouble finding it in a mall full of other yellow's also.
  • Options
    fit_nessfit_ness Member Posts: 58
    I'm anxious to see the Fit in Lunar Mist, Vivd Blue, and Taffeta White.

Wish there was some way to pinpoint Lunar Mist. I'm thinking similar to the Blue 1984 Civic Wagons. Best car I've ever owned! It had Magic Seats, sort of. That car slept good!
  • Options
    oldone1oldone1 Member Posts: 9
    Reference message #1104 pg. 111. I have owned 2 Honda Pilots, 3 Honda CRVs, a civic coupe HX, and a civic 4 door LX. I am not anti-honda. When I brought up this poor milage even before the Detroit show people (plekto and raychuang00 and others) said I was more or less nuts. I would be nuts to buy this car when it fails to live up to what other hondas have done in the past. They are trying to protect civic sales and hybrid sales, because they can do better. Cheap cars will be the Chinese brands who also make the fit. So where does this car fit in-nowhere! Sorry but I will wait-magic seats are not enough.
  • Options
    Sorry folks, NO YELLOW, or any other colors for that matter.

Let me explain...The person i spoke to just now at same customer service centre at Honda Canada now says, guess what, ..."we have no information to offer you at this time." :confuse:

I explained my getting the DX, LX, Sport equipment information just the other day from another guy and he just parroted "I understand that but i dont know where that other person got their information from because i dont have any".

Being the belligerent sort i am i continued with... "Is it that all of a sudden you;ve been told not to provide information and you do have it, or do you really not have any information."

He again says he doensn't have anything.

Personally, I dont believe him.

I think I got lucky the other day and maybe got a rookie who opened up when he really shouldn't have because i just know that he knew what he was saying was accurate. He even sounded like he was going down a written spec list of features while we chatted for a few minutes. Time will tell if i'm right or not, but i'm pretty sure i was the other day with all my DX, LX, content level information.

Sorry folks, i'll try them again periodically and see if i can find my original guy again.

Who knows, maybe they really are monitoring this forum and decided too much information got out when it shouldnt have yet???
  • Options
    Smlcarguy,
    Thanks, and I'm sure I speak for most us, for trying.
  • Options
    Absolutely! Thanks for your efforts, Smlcarguy.
  • Options
    I want Yellow. And that nice Blue. Even if I have to wait a month for it to be built and shipped from Japan.

Yellow is small, cute, and well, it reminds most of us of the last classic small fun car - the VW Bug. *beep beep* - 40mpg. Yellow is awesome. :)
  • Options
    Hi fit_ness

At first I was also wondering what the Lunar Mist was. All of the other colors share the same name as the JDM Fit, so it's pretty easy to tell what they are, but the Lunar Mist is indeed new. I was hoping it would be the ice blue color from the earlier JDM Fits, but seeing that "lunar" and "moon" are the same thing, I think it is a light silver or gray.

Also, I am positive the pictures released by Honda show the production colors, and the Fit (base model) on both world.honda.com and hondanews.com is light silvery gray.
    I think this is Lunar Mist:

This color even has a slight hint of light blue.
  • Options
    Probably not relevant, but Toyota has a color called "Lunar Mist", and it's a pure silver.
  • Options
    jonniedeejonniedee Member Posts: 111
    The Honda Lunar mist is a little blue. Also the Blaze is very rust orange.
    Saw the Versa - too french i.e. weird stuff abounds
    and Yaris 2 door is too small -
    Hond wins this round in my eyes. ;)
  • Options
    Hmmm...now I'm torn between Lunar Mist and Storm Silver. I used to like the JDM Ice Blue Metallic and I wonder how similar it is to that. It would be nice if Honda would give us some proper pictures of the colors, because I don't want plain light silver.

Also, this is a totally random question, but since you were there, you might know:
    Does the US-market Fit retain the hatch-opening mechanism in the little overhang above the rear license plate, or is it one of those buttons you press inside the car that opens it remotely (like the trunk lid in a sedan)?
    Thanks! ;)
  • Options
    jonniedeejonniedee Member Posts: 111
    Don't know about the internal release - they wouldn't let you see inside - the extrnal lever over the plate is there however
  • Options
    The Nissan Versa's seats take up a ton of space when folded down, especially when compared to the Fit's. One thing I wish Honda would do like Nissan though: You can already go on Nissan's website and "build your Versa", with prices, colors, options, everything... and it's not being released until Summer or late 2006, depending upon specific model.
  • Options
    fiticelandfiticeland Member Posts: 6
    Here is the Lunar Mist. It's a blue/gray and I believe it will be offered with the beige interior:

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/naias_2006/0602_honda_fit/

I've seen it in person, if definitely has a tinge of an aqua blue.
  • Options
    Great ... I thought I had my color all picked out, and now I'm going to have to choose between the Lunar Mist and Vivid Blue. If they only offer the Lunar Mist with the beige interior, then I'm back down to just the Vivid Blue.

For some reason, I have never found the tan/beige interiors attractive. Maybe because it reminds me of the color of dirt? :confuse:
  • Options
    Thanks for the article...and the picture.

Ummm...does Automobile Magazine have even the slightest clue what they are talking about?
    "The five-door going on sale in the U.S. in April is, unfortunately, not as cute as the three-door model sold elsewhere in the world."
    Well, there is a 5-door Fit/Jazz, an ugly 4-door Fit Aria/City, and the 5-door Airwave wagon. I know for a fact that a 3-door doesn't exist, and the 5-door the US is getting is the "cutest" out of the Fit family.

Regardless, that color comes out really silvery in some pictures. I went to the salesperson yesterday who I plan to order the car from once the order list comes out, and he asked me what model? I told him the base with 5 speed manual. He then took me to the back room and showed me Honda's internal dealer network. It listed the exterior/interior colors for that model. Unfortunately, they were just check boxes...no pictures.
    This is nothing new, but I can confirm Nighthawk Black, Taffeta White, Milano Red, Vivid Blue, Storm Silver, and Lunar Mist for the base.
  • Options
    Some of the exterior colors had two choices for interior, but if I remember correctly black/grey was available in each color. It is the tan/beige that is only available in some of the colors.

I am quite sure it was Nighthawk Black, Storm Silver, and Vivid Blue which only offered the grey interior.

For me, it's not that the tan/beige reminds me of dirt, but it's the fact that dirt shows up easier. I am not getting the Magic seats just for show. I plan to use them and black/grey will hide the signs of many years of usage better than tan/beige.
  • Options
    raychuang00raychuang00 Member Posts: 541
    The Nissan Versa's seats take up a ton of space when folded down, especially when compared to the Fit's.

That's because the Versa doesn't have the ability to fold down the seat completely flat with the cargo floor like Honda Fit and Toyota Yaris do.
  • Options
    ...the 5-door the US is getting is the "cutest" out of the Fit family.

I couldn't agree more. In fact, the front view of the base in Vivid Blue a few posts back, made me think a big wind-up key should be sticking out of the rear hatch window.
  • Options
    I was pretty sure the Lunar Mist just came with the beige, but I think I'm wrong!

Here's an even better photo of the color from the Detroit show which shows, as far as I can tell, a black interior!

http://fitfreak.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=random&cat=11274&pos=-1096
  • Options
    arlingtonbradarlingtonbrad Member Posts: 2
    Looks like the Fit would be a good replacement for my '98 Protege LX. But MSN.com doesn't have the Fit posted, so I can't do one of those handy Compare features between the two. Anybody seen a list of specs and dimensions for the '06 Fit as yet?
  • Options
    Another good link about colors, though, if this is right, Lunar Mist is only available in beige:

http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3300
  • Options
    I got back from the L.A. Auto Show, and while the Fit wasn't there(thought maybe they'd truck in one a few days after the Detroit show, but no luck), they did have the Yaris.

In a word(or two) - it's a Toyota Aveo. Dreadful.
    Now, it looks nice and is a better car outside than the Echo, to be sure, but it's SMALL. The rear seats had so littel clearance that my head actually touched the ceiling and I'm only 5'7". It felt small, plasticky, and cramped.

The seats were nice and folded away quite nicely, though, but it was just too darn small in all the wrong places. Like the Aveo. It reminded me of the Dodge Colt I had years and years ago, except this one was even smaller and less user-friendly. Getting in and out of it was horrible as well. It's just right in all the wrong places. In fact, I'd take a Rio 5-door over it anyday. Or even an old Aspire 3 door. It needs to be squarer like the Matrix or Fit so that you can use the space efficiently.

I doubt that I could fit a standard 30*30 box in the rear with the hatch being so small of an opening.

The Versa - I saw it too - seats were um - rear cargo area. Check. Seats folded. Check. 4 inch difference in levels - creating a stair-stepped cargo area. Check. Designers must have been having an 80's flashback from GM when they designed this feature. Check.

One feature. Total sales killer mistake. That dreadful and noticeable of a problem.

OTOH, the new RAV-4 with the 3rd row seating option is exactly the opposite - it's SLICK. They are going to sell an unbelieveable amount of them. Reclining and sliding rear seats, AWD, traction control, hill assist - all the goodies of a 4-Runner in a 2/3 sized package. Awesome car.

But, yeah - the Fit is going to only have Mini to compete with at this rate.
  • Options
    Hi arlingtonbrad

Here is a ton of useful information...

2007 Honda Fit specifications
    http://www.hondanews.com/CatID2150?mid=2006010735878&mime=asc

2007 Honda Fit features
    http://www.hondanews.com/CatID2150?mid=2006010736064&mime=asc

2007 Honda Fit press release
    http://www.hondanews.com/CatID2150?mid=2006010734417&mime=asc

...and of course the not as useful US Honda Fit webpage:
    http://automobiles.honda.com/fit