Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Sonata Audio Questions

12345679»

Comments

• utahbeachutahbeach Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2012 Sonata Limited w/o navigation and am using my 5th Generation iPod, connected with the iPod's USB cable, NOT the Hyundai cable. My podcasts are sped up and sound like chipmunks too. Did anyone help you with your problem?
  • hcamaranohcamarano Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2010 Hyundai Sonata limited with a V6 (not sure if that's important) Every time I turn the ignition off I lose all my radio presets (I do not lose the clock memory) I have checked the fuses for the radio and memeory and they are good. In addition, when I access the cd player i get the error message "reading disk". I have 48K miles, so the radio is out of warranty. Any ideas?
  • cgartsidecgartside Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2011 Sonata. The audio went out. It failed after 2 years.

The dealer has indicated that I need to replace the Navigation/Audio system with a new unit for $2650 due to an internal failure on the Nav/Audio system. Are there after market/refurbished units available?
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Isn't the audio/nav system covered under factory warranty?
  • rbreddinrbreddin Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a used 08 sonata and have a few radio questions:
    *Does the amp pull signals from line inputs or preamp inputs?
    *Is there anywhere I can get detailed information about the output wiring diagrams for the head unit?
    thanks!
  • sneumansneuman Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2011 Sonata that I recently bought and my presets also go away when I restart my car. Actually, the presets appear to go back to some other presets that came with the car when I bought it. Have you found a solution and if so, can you convey them to me?
    Thanks,
    Sol
  • sparkythreesparkythree Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever find a solution to the problem. I have a 2009 Sonata, with the exact same problem. CD player will not take a CD and programmed stations will not hold.
  • sneumansneuman Member Posts: 2
    No, I never did find a solution. Except, "go to Best Buy to replace the radio for 1/3rd of the cost of Hyundai".
  • arthursimmons1arthursimmons1 Member Posts: 4
  • arthursimmons1arthursimmons1 Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone have more information on system thats in brochures, or know any sites that discuss it in any detail
  • princessfoopieprincessfoopie Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2013 Sonata Limited about 3 weeks ago and am having difficulty finding information about the "My Music" feature -- The owners manual makes several references to it, but tells virtuallly nothing about it -- From the little that is there, it seems that it's a hard drive to which I can load music files, but how does one do that and what are the parameters? -- Can I make folders for different genres and/or artists? --

Any info, instruction and/or details would be greatly appreciated -- C
  • utahbeachutahbeach Member Posts: 2
    Have you set up your Bluetooth from your phone or MP3 player? When your device is connected, you can choose to copy your contacts and music to the car.
  • scott7728scott7728 Member Posts: 1
    I've bought a Sonata 2009 and when I connect a USB
    The audio system stops on USB READING...
    I've changed the USB for more than 5 but It doesn't work with any
    All the tracks are MP3
    How can I fix this problem please?
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    You're just plugging in a thumb-stick USB right? Not an actual mp3 player? If so, the folders on the thumb drive may not be properly indexed.

When I got my USB for my 09 Sonata (GLS V6), I formatted the USB first, then dragged and dropped the files from my desktop to that folder.

Just trying to think of ways to help.
  • pandalvr74pandalvr74 Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever find a solution?? I also just bought a 2009 sonata just 4 days ago. EXACT same problem! What is the deal?? How & who can fix it?
  • jslubitzjslubitz Member Posts: 1
    Were you able to resolve the issue with your radio? I am experiencing the same problems you experienced (XM radio freezing and IPod/AUX cable not working). Any help is appreciated.
  • kneadmuscles53kneadmuscles53 Member Posts: 1

When my daughter and I each bought a 2011 Hyundai Accent GL hatchback at the same time from 2 different dealerships in 2 different states, we noticed we both heard a metallic, rattling noise from the area of one of the rear tires. The cars were purchased new, but we didn't bring them in to be serviced yet. What are the possibilities of the problem?

• stifstif Member Posts: 2
    I bought a Hyundai sonata 2011 from a dealer, but I receive calls from a service of warranty. I dont know if I have to do a warranty for my car or they just want me to pay.
  • stifstif Member Posts: 2
    I have Hyundai Sonata 2011. I used to enjoy music like in Globalization....but I lost all stations know. I still have FM, AM but not other station for music sport entertainment ....