Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Well.. first... you have to decide if the car is worth buying out.. Then, assuming it is, do you still want to drive it for at least three more years?

You can get a good idea of it's current wholesale value, here:
    Real-World Trade-In Values

Good luck!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• smr36smr36 Member Posts: 59
    "In cold weather areas, people like to start the car before getting into it so the vehicle will not be ice cold when first starting out on a trip."

Thanks, I live in So CA so the idea didn't register.
    Sure... rub it in.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• beginnerbuyerbeginnerbuyer Member Posts: 4
    As the name indicates, I am a first time buyer of a car. I never needed one before as I live in New York City, but will now be doing country driving, sometimes in rough weather. After extensive research of what I consider to be comparable vehicles (Audi Q5, Infiniti FX 35, etc.), I'm negotiating on the 2010 Lexus RX 350 AWD. Color isn't too important, something dark, black or blue. Anyway, I want the premium package, the comfort package, and the navigation package. I'm finding that there is never a car that has EXACTLY what you want! You've always got to take a little less or a little more. In my case, it's a little more, including the remote start and the tow prep, neither of which I want. We all know the MSRP, which, in my case comes to $47,200. I consider that a starting price, but what would all of you experienced experts, especially Car Man, consider a good, or great, ending price? And how do you get invoice prices?
  • newkid300newkid300 Member Posts: 18
    You should not have to take more than you want. Try Catena in Larchmont or Rallye in Glen Cove. They just got their June allocations. I am in the process of leasing a 2010 RX350 with Premium, Nav etc. comes to either 47666 or 48500 roughly on the MSRP. I got prices to buy of about $44300. I am leasing but those are the buy prices. Play hardball. I suggest internet contact to 2 or three dealerships. Tell them that you do not have time to play games. You want their best price and if they have it, you will buy the car from them. From whatever their "best" price is, you should be able to get few hundred more off. Try configuring the vehicle on this sited under "new cars." Put in the options you want and you will get the MSRP, invoice and what other people are allegedly paying for it. Good luck.
  • beginnerbuyerbeginnerbuyer Member Posts: 4
    I appreciate your advice, and will try "new cars" on this site right now. I didn't realize you could get different dealers to compete. I don't want to ask too many dumb questions, but isn't there some kind of central inventory that they all use to find your car, or does each dealer have his own exclusive inventory? Otherwise they will know, as you go looking for the same car from dealer to dealer, and if they were smart, they would try and protect themselves against that. Thanks again for your help.
  • skyiceskyice Member Posts: 21
    I am new in this forum. I live in Canada. Today, I went to a local dealership to test-drive a used 2007 RX350 with premium package with 101k. The sale price is CDN$33K. At the end, the dealer told me if I lease a brand new 2010 RX350 is better than buying an used one. He told me about a security deposit program with Lexus, which will offer me a leasing rate as low as 2.1%. Every CDN$500 I deposit in Lexus will reduce 0.2% off the original 3.9% 4-year leasing rate. After I deposit CDN$4500, I can get 1.8% off 3.9%, which is 2.1%. This is the maxium discount rate that I can get. So, under the 2.1% 4-year leasing rate, the monthly payment will be $551 for premium package model WITH 10K down payment and the residual value is about CDN23k. After 4 years, if I decide to return the vehicle to the dealer, I can get my $4500 deposit back. If I buy a used RX, I will pay slightly less amount every month under 3.9% best financing rate they can offer. My question is, is it worthy to lease a brand new RX? I never did that before. So what should I worry about in the lease term? Also, if I go to purchase a RX in the US, can I carry the warranty over to Canada?

Thanks for your help in advance.
  • tyler70tyler70 Member Posts: 82
    has anyone tried to buy a new car using the auto brokers? is it better than buying it thru the internet fleet dept ? I met someone and she bought a brand new 2010 rx in April with all fullly loaded, including the luxury package and head up display and navigation package for $46k including all taxes & DMV registration. I tried to look up the price for this vehicle with these options and the invoice for this vehicle is apprx $44k. Which means that she got it for apprx $2k off the Edmunds invoice price. One thing is that she paid off the veh and there is no finance. but even with paying cash for it, it is still too good to be true, but there is no reason for her to lie to me. she even gave me the infor of the auto broker she used. can anyone answer this for me. ? :confuse:
  • newkid300newkid300 Member Posts: 18
    They have their own inventories. However, certain dealers are networked. For example, Lexus of Queens, Manhattan Lexus and Bayridge (I believe) are in the same network. They advertise together on TV. Since we can kind of check available inventory of area dealers on this site too, they probably have a more linked way to do it. Don't worry about insulting a dealer by shopping around, they are used to it. You usually get less price nonsense if the dealer feels you are an informed shopper and looking to really cut the price. Otherwise, they will just give you a price with the profit they want from the suckers.
  • emmdeejayemmdeejay Member Posts: 3
    Dealers get allocations of cars as they roll through production. That said, there is a clearing house and dealers swap cars all the time...as long as they have a desirable vehicle to swap. Most Lexii come in with relatively standard packages and trim as determined by the dealer. I have a deal, signed in May, with Lexus of Southampton to lease an RX350 with Comfort, Nav and Premium...and the tow prep (don't need it...but will buy a bike rack so it's not all bad), wood and leather trimmed steering wheel and gear shift ($330...don't need it but I'll bet you can't find an RX without it), remote start and wheel locks. The MSRP is $47108 and the purchase price is $44052. 36 mo 12K lease at $614.85 paying NY tax and fees up front.

It's good advice to do an internet request for pricing. There will be differences and similarities between each dealer and you can always try to leverage your best offer agains the dealership that is closest and most convenient for service.
    I'm surveying prices in San Diego area. I want to buy an RX with Nav, Prem, 19"wheels,12 speaker audio etc. MSRP incl destination of about $44,500. My local dealer on first email inquiry offered only $2,600 off MSRP. Prior posts to this site listed greater discounts - $4-4.5k off. I may expand my search to Los Angeles and Orange counties. Any suggestions?
  • oldpioldpi Member Posts: 1
    I just purchesed a new RX350 from Lexus of Portland and the dealer had a great selection. Didn't get a very good price. MSRP was 47,000. Paid $40,000 plus my trade in worth $5000.

I normally don't buy without a better deal but I have been looking for the past few months and compared most vehicles in this class and some others.

Looked seriously at the Mercedes M class but found the dealer's employees seemed somewhat aloof, as were(in my opinion) the BMW sales people. Sorry but I have a difficulty buying from someone that is talking down to me when I am looking to spend 40 to $50,000.

The Acura MDX was my second choice, nice people and a nice vehicle but the local dealer didn't have the selection that Lexus had.

Previously had a GMC Yukon and loved it but a little reluctant to buy GM due to their financial problems.

Everything I found on reliability indicated the Lexus was as good as any and better than most. Very pleased with it so far.

I purchased rather than leased, as I think the lease is a great deal-FOR THE DEALER!
  • sean_leesean_lee Member Posts: 1
    2007 Certified pre-owned RX 350 w/ Navigation+premium package (HID, roof rail, heated seats...)
    15,000 miles

Price tag in the dealer: $34,999
    Price tag in the internet (autotrader.com): $32,998
    Final price paid : $31,900 +tax,fees.

Dealer Financing 5.99%/ 60months I think it's too high. I will refinance it to variable rate credit union auto loan.

Purchased in L.A. area.

The Dealer paid for the towing of my another car home far away about 100 miles from the dealership.

Good deal?
  • elguapo2elguapo2 Member Posts: 1
    Hey, Car Man, Ya'll,

The below is what I've been quoted on a base model 2010 RX 350, 36MO/15K and I was wondering what anyone thought about this deal as it seems a bit hight to me:

$$1196.31 total due at lease signing (driveoffs) @ 9.25$ LA County tax rate =

$605.39 incl tax

MSRP $$40,607
    Your price (Cap Cost incl bank acquisition fee of $$700)= $$37,525
    Residual = $$23,145.99 @ 15k miles per year
    money factor = .00255

Please let me know what ya'll think?
  • lookin4newsuvlookin4newsuv Member Posts: 14
    got the following quote on rx350 , navi , prem. package , 12 speaker
    MSRP = 44,800 -- final quote after some negotiations - 40,200

does that look good ?
    thats a FWD
    u gto $7000 off MSRP and that is not a good price ? than what is ??
    for those that already bought the 2010 RX's, can you let me know how the voice commands work on the new RX's?? are they easy to use ? can you speak casually or "like a robot" ? I have an 2005 ES and the voice commands are fairly limited and you got to say the exact commands; otherwise, it does not recognize them. can you give me some samples of the voice commands ?
    2nd questions, if you have the nav package but no rear-entertainment package, can you play DVD on the navi screen ??
    thanks very much.
  • degirldegirl Member Posts: 45
    I believe $5000.00 of that was a trade in.
    Are you interested in a group purchase?
  • bond8bond8 Member Posts: 33
    The voice commands are pretty awesome on the new RX. Although you have to speak certain key words/ phrases. But the range is pretty huge for that. For example if you want to reduce the temperature you can simply say its too hot oryou can say 68 degrees. However if you say temperature 68 that wont work. Because it is looking for keywordsa like hot or degrees. These things are fairly easy to learn once you start using it. And casual language is OK.
    Yes you can play DVD on the navi screen without the reae seat ent package, but only when the car is in park.
    "got the following quote on rx350 , navi , prem. package , 12 speaker
    MSRP = 44,800 -- final quote after some negotiations - 40,200 does that look good ?"

Yes, It looks very good. Did it involve a trade? It's $4,600 off MSRP. I'm receiving offers for same vehicle configuration in San Diego area of only $3k off, but I'm just starting negotiations.
  • jpzy3jpzy3 Member Posts: 11
    i know someone who's looking around, but they haven't decided yet. i'm more curious b/c i've seen folks mention group purchases before, but didn't see any posts where they actually followed through. did they mention how much of a discount they received?
    Hi jpzy3,

The posts were around the end of Jan not in the fall sorry. Anyway there were great deals because Lexus had $5000.00 manufacturer to dealer incentives. These deals were on 2009 model year vehicles. As previously stated initially the one dealer in Chester Springs was pretty decent however,as more people contacted him about honoring the offer he kept increasing the price by several hundred dollars. I would avoid that dealership. Better deals were given by a Md dealership.
    Hi Bond8,
    thank you for your response, very informative and helpful. In re: to DVD player, since it does not come with rear entertainment package, I assume that you insert the DVD in the CD slot ?
    You are welcome tyler70. You insert the DVD in the CD player slot.
  • joe767joe767 Member Posts: 10
    Hello Guys, I've been researching on the RX10 for awhile now and I think I'm ready to buy the car next month. I test drove the MDX and think that is my second choice if the dealers of lexus don't want to play with me. My question is I have a 2002 Volvo S60 with 108K on it and I like to trade it but kbb shows a trade of 3800 but if i sell the car its about 6000 to as high as 8000. I will like at least 5000 on my trade but I think that will be far fetch. So should I try to sell the car or wait and try to trade? Has anybody here dealt with Lehigh Valley Lexus in Allentown PA, it's 2 miles down the street and I've gone there once to test drive the car. Also any prices with a fully loaded car minus rear entertainment system, and do anyone here think the Mark Levingston radio is worth it?
    Thanks Joe
  • robalaorobalao Member Posts: 4
    I have had several people tell me about as I am about to purchase a car. I have driven the AWD version, but have driven FWD vehicles for the past 20 years in this Mid-Atlantic corridor.

Please review and advise.

Thanks!
    K. Alan Orman
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    I drove four wheel drive for decades however my 1999 RX300 and 2007 RX350 are both front wheel drive with traction control and perfectly satisfactory. I'm in the Buffalo-Niagara region which is no stranger to the white stuff!

Pete :)
    I have been watching the prices on Edmunds for the 2010 RX 350 and I just noticed the average buying prices have gone doen significantly in the last week. you know how Edmunds show she MSRP price vs Invoice vs. price that other people are paying for........ I have been checking the the price on the specific package that I want (navi + prem + comfort + park assit + wood trim ) and the invoice is about #39970. The average prices that people pay for this particular veh per Edmunds were apprx $43k last couple of weeks, and now it is $41.5k. This looks good.
    -
    also a question, has anyone seen the park assist comes in with the option I want ?
    thanks
  • rparisrparis Member Posts: 368
    It would be appreciated it you would share which Boston area dealer you purchased your vehicle from, especially since you felt they are classy.

Thank you.
  • thorsthors Member Posts: 35
    1st time poster...we are looking at the 2010 RX 350 and don't want the Navigation system, however want the dual dvd system. Our dealer (Palm Beach) has an option for headrest ones that we like (we don't like the kind that go behind the headrest or over etc..) with Invision. They have a website, but just tells about their product etc. We also like the fact that you don't have to "open a door" to insert the disc. Anyone have info on Invision and this product....price paid, quality, opinions greatly appreciated. :confuse:
    Also debating on lease vs purchase. The one we saw was about $42,995 and since we were just looking, didn't commit to memory all the options. However, seems like it's the prem/comfort and parts of the luxury (upgraded steering wheel, gearknob, 19" tires, ). Most of the ones in the showroom were packaged about the same. What price should would be a fair one to negotiate? We are not looking to go today, but at the end of the month or even July/Aug. We have a Nissan Murano lease ending 7/1, but can make do with 1 vehicle for a bit in the summer if it affords a better deal.
    Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! :)
  • stone19stone19 Member Posts: 28
    About to pull the trigger on purchase, looking at AWD w/ comfort, premium and nav. MSRP 46,853 - have a dealer quote at $42,700...Edmunds shows invoice for this around 41k and change, but other sites show a higher invoice, dealer claims this is a few hundred over invoice, if that's the case I think I am ok with this price, but if this is 1k or more over invoice I feel I have some more room. Any thoughts?
    I'm looking around San Diego area for a FWD with about everything except comfort MSRP $44,428 and so far can only get offer of $3,600 off. Your offer looks good to me.
  • rparisrparis Member Posts: 368
    Edmunds may not include area dealer advertising which I think is considered part of their cost, but not certain.
    I have been waiting and trying to find a RX 350 with the following options : navi + premium + comfort + park assist + wood steering but I have not seen one in this combination. what I have seen is instead of comfort package, it see only the cool/heated seat + 19" wheel + towing... which I dont want. I spoke with a couple dealers in southern cali and they have not seen one in this combination. has anyone seen this combination? :confuse:
    stone 19, You are about 1000 over invoice. I bought the same car with 19" wheels which are a 500$ option. The dealer had showed me the invoive and it was 42300 including LDA. So I think your invoice is probably some where around 41700.
    When the dealer tells you the price is a few hundred over invoice, technically he is right because $1000 is a few (10) hundred. ;)
    I got an OK, not a great deal, at little over #3,600 off MSRP.

Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 36800.00 $ 36800.00
    12-speaker Premium Audio System for Navigatio 110.00
    w/Auto Sound Levelizer, In-Dash 6-Disc CD Cha
    19" Aluminum Alloy Wheels .................. 660.00
    Heated and Ventilated Front Seats .......... 640.00
    Navigation System Includes: Hard Disc Drive 2440.00
    Navigation System with Voice Command, Backup
    Monitor, XM NavTraffic & NavWeather ........
    (includes 90-day trial subscription) .......
    Premium Package Includes: Leather Trim Interi 2400.00
    One-Touch Open/Close Moonroof, Auto-Dimming
    Electrochromic Power Heated Outside Mirrors,
    Power Rear Door, MP3 Mini-Plug w/USB Audio Pl
    Wood & Leather-trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift 330.00
    Cargo Mat .................................. 92.00
    Cargo Net .................................. 59.00
    Wheel Locks ................................ 81.00

--------- ---------

Total Accessories ...........................: $ 6812.00 $ 6812.00

Destination Charge ..........................: $ 875.00
    ---------
    Total .......................................: $ 44487.00
  • chrisnychrisny Member Posts: 27
    Hi sideways
    I was at Ray Catena in Freehold today and used the deal you got to work the numbers on my deal. They said there is no way they could sell for under their cost with that price of 41.2 and doubted that Oakhurst could go that deal on the truck,
    They only came to 44.1 for the same package you have listed on your purchase and only looking to offer me 14,5 for my trade in that is a total low ball number on my trade. I have a 2004 RX 330 with 42k miles and in good condition and checked numbers on that one ,,should be more like 16,5k for the trade

not sure if you can offer it to me but they asked if I could get more information to confirm the sale down by Oakhurst for the 41.2k
    can you email me privately to provide the salesperson name, vin number or another detail they can check to see the deal in the system since they are Catena as well?

are you loving the truck? have you come across any issues ?

thanks for any information you can provide
    I'm a first time poster and if anyone would be kind enough to review my above message I would greatly appreciate any advice/help/insight!! :D

Post # 2532

Thanks!!
  • wrahnwrahn Member Posts: 45
    It's nice to learn of all the wonderful "deals" people are getting in this market. I normally trade-in my RX at about three years with less than 40,000 miles on it. I also trade at the end of the product year and have been able to get some good (not great) deals. This time I waited for the new 2010 RX 350 model and find that my deal is not as good as it has been in the past. My trade, RX300 2005 at 39,000 miles is in excellent shape and the dealer is allowing $19,000 as a trade.

The retail price of $36,800 and the options price of $8,672 plus destination charge brings the price to $46,347. Cost to me will be $44,398 minus $19,000 trade for the total of $25,398. Of course, uncle Charlie Crist (Gov of Florida) gets his docs and tax fees for an out the door price of $27,728.55. Did I get a good deal? Not really, but the market in RX350s is different this year and I'm trading out of my normal cycle.

Normally at the end of the year the dealer has the old models sitting on the lot. This year at the beginning of the model year we have to wait for the cars to arrive, and if there is a specific option you want, then the wait can be longer. Some of the options are not even being shipped to my dealer. My wife has a saying, "If you want it, you have to pay for it." So, if I want the new RX350 now, rather then waiting till the end of the year, I'm going to have to pay the price.

When I read the postings on "deals", the details become confusing because of the different situations, and the fact that some are buys with trades and some without. Some are lease deals and some are not. Since, I live where I live a great deal in CA is not going to influence my dealer here in Florida, so I guess we have to make the best of our own situation when making the deal. So my wife says, "if you want it, you have to pay for it."

Wes
    Hi Bond8
    do you have the Mark Levinson package ? I think you must have the Mark Levinson in order to have DVD playback, is that right ? if you dont have the rear entaintemant package and no Mark Levinson, then no DVD playback. ?
    Where are you in Fla? I'm the 1st time poster (message 2532) and would love any help....our closest dealer is Lexus of Palm Beach. We can wait a little bit but can't wait until Dec....but are you thinking with each passing month this year, the prices may get better? I have had people tell me that since Lexus sells itself and they're not hurting like other car companies, they don't really need to deal....is this the case?

Thanks for any advice!
  • wrahnwrahn Member Posts: 45
    My dealer is in Sarasota (below Tampa on the map) which is on the "other" coast. You can go on the web and send requests for prices to most of the Lexus dealers. They'll be able to give their price for the specific options you want. They can't give you a trade-in value, if you are trading, until they look at your vehicle.
    Wes
  • sunshine529sunshine529 Member Posts: 8
    MSRP 46334.00, I got it for 42940. Only about $3400 off MSRP. I don't know how it's possible that some people can get like $5200 off. I got the $14 report from consumer reports, it helped with the bargaining, but be prepared to see that the Dealer's Invoice is like $1700 more than the CR's invoice price. I'm happy with my new car. I almost missed out on the exterior/interior color options. The longer you wait, be prepared to lose out on the car options and colors you want. The economy is not so bad for the Lexus Utah dealer. Happy bargaining!

Retail Total

Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 38200.00 $ 38200.00

12-speaker Premium Audio System for Navigatio 110.00

w/Auto Sound Levelizer, In-Dash 6-Disc CD Cha

19" Aluminum Alloy Wheels .................. 660.00

Heated and Ventilated Front Seats .......... 640.00

Navigation System Includes: Hard Disc Drive 2440.00

Navigation System with Voice Command, Backup

Monitor, XM NavTraffic & NavWeather ........

(includes 90-day trial subscription) .......

Premium Package Includes: Leather Trim Interi 2400.00

One-Touch Open/Close Moonroof, Auto-Dimming

Electrochromic Power Heated Outside Mirrors,

Power Rear Door, MP3 Mini-Plug w/USB Audio Pl

Tow Prep Package: Transmission Cooler, Heavy 238.00

Alternator & Radiator (ball mount not include

Wood & Leather-trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift 330.00

Cargo Mat .................................. 92.00

Cross Bars ................................. 259.00

Cargo Net .................................. 59.00

Wheel Locks ................................ 81.00

--------- ---------

Total Accessories ...........................: $ 7309.00 $ 7309.00

Destination Charge ..........................: $ 825.00

TDA .........................................:

Dealer Holdback .............................:

Whsl. Financial Reserve .....................:

---------

Total .......................................: $ 46334.00
  • bikerrnbikerrn Member Posts: 6
    I purchased a 2009 at the end of February and got a VERY good deal at Lexus of Tampa Bay....did it mostly via the internet...great folks to deal with.
    hi Sunshire:
    did you find the $14 report from CR helpful? did you ask the dealer or CR why there is apprx $1700 difference in their invoice prices? which one is correct? I agree with you that Lexus is not doing too bad. I think they are controling the supply so their prices are fairly stable; however, i do see that the average paying prices are going down compared to a few months ago. For the time being, i think your deal is the right price. I am going to wait a few more months hopefully the price will go lower; especially Lexus is not making the option combination that I want. I am in So Cali and I cant find any dealer with this combination: navi, premium, comfort, park assist, wood trim, and maybe mark levinson.
    one of the dealers i contacted and they said there are only 3 cars with mark levinson in the whole west coast !!! this is rediculous !!!! I think is playing with their customers' emotions ....
  • jimjaijimjai Member Posts: 22
    Does anyone know the invoice price for RX 2010?
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Date // Deal // MSRP // Dealer
    5/31 // $42,500 // $47,141 // Northboro Lexus, MA
    Saved: $4,641
    Comments: Just okay, wish I had more time to consider...
    Cons: Pushed too hard.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator