Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sunshine529sunshine529 Member Posts: 8
    CR report was helpful. They (dealer) had shown me the inoice with options but then added to it dealer holdback, advertising, and interest they paid to get the car. Knew they were firm because they didn't even call me back. The salesman said Lexus was pumping out the standard packages.. It would take months to customize the options. They said the were selling the hybrid(450h) at close to msrp because demand for them is so great. They even had a waiting list for the convertible model. If u are not picky about colors then u can probably wait longer..goodluck!
  • thorsthors Member Posts: 35
    thanks for the info!
  • thorsthors Member Posts: 35
    Thanks for your info! Will try some internet shopping.....
  • wrahnwrahn Member Posts: 45
    Based on less than scientific calulations, I've come up with a rough calulation among the MSRP, the Invoice price and the TMV (True Market Value) for my Lexus RX350 2010 when using Edmounds pricing.

The Invoice Price is about 12% less than the MSRP.

The TMV Price is about 6% less than the MSRP.

For GeeWiz information, I'm paying about 4.2% less than the MSRP. Of course, when the different fees and taxes are added I'm paying slightly more than the MSRP.

Wes
  • bond8bond8 Member Posts: 33
    Thats does not make sense. Dealer holdback isnt something that the dealer should add in the pricing. Holdback is the money that they get back from lexus after they sell the car. In actuality the holdback should be subtracted from the price. Holdback is pretty much like profit for the dealer.
  • sunshine529sunshine529 Member Posts: 8
    Yup..so they basically passed on their dealer holdback fees to me. They made off $2700 on me plus the doc prep of $299. I got tired..btw, a friend told me that u can deal with ohio dealers..they are more willing to deal..and ship the car to where you are. Good luck!
  • beginnerbuyerbeginnerbuyer Member Posts: 4
    I wonder if anyone has used the Costco buyer program to purchase their 2010 RX 350? Costco says there is a special Costco price sheet that the dealer will show you, and that it is the best price you can get. Has anyone tried this? Thanks for your help.
  • rparisrparis Member Posts: 368
    When the RX 2010 first became available, I contacted the Costco Lexus dealer who is located almost two hours away. They would not quote prices over the phone which I understand. If you contact them, please share your experience.
  • beginnerbuyerbeginnerbuyer Member Posts: 4
    If I have any luck, I'll post it. Thanks.
  • murphydogmurphydog Member Posts: 735
    FWIW

I inquired about this for a Mercedes last year. Costco price was $250 below MSRP - My final price ended up being ~ $4,000 below MSRP - needless to say I did not go with Costco Pricing. Beside an introduction e-mail and easily setting an appointment the Costco pricing did not do much for me. Same experience in 2004 on a Mazda.

I would use the Costco process again however, it is a great starting point. and it cuts out the upfront BS that can happen when you just walk on the lot... :shades:
  • mesquandolasmesquandolas Member Posts: 4
    2010 RX350 "Navigation WIth Additional Options" (i.e. Prem Comf Tow) MSRP $46,825 Paid $42,490. Might have been some more room but this seemed fair.
    On the surface it looks like a very good deal for you. I would be happy with the same price. Congrats!

Wes
  • joe238joe238 Member Posts: 1
    AWD w/ Premium Package, No Navigation.. MSRP 43265, Got for 38400 in central NJ. Appreciate your inputs,
    IMHO it's a GREAT deal.

Wes
  • strapper2strapper2 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2009 RX350 and really like it,however I am disappointed that a vehicle like this has side mirrows that can only be folded back manually.Friends of mine have a Buick Endevour,a Volvo wagon and even Toyota.Seqoir? that have these mirrors powered.
    Does anyone know if the 2010 version has these mirrors powered or if it is possible to have the mirrors on my vehicle modified to power them? Thks Strapper2
  • kp0227kp0227 Member Posts: 2
    joe238,

Which dealer did you go to? I'm looking for the same setup -- AWD w/ leather seats, no nav.

Thanks
  • joe239joe239 Member Posts: 4
    I got mine at Ray Catena. Good luck,
  • degirldegirl Member Posts: 45
    Hi Joe,

Besides Premium package and no navi, What other options/accessories did it come with?
    thanks
    Premium Package +
    Heated and Ventilated Front Seats;
    Backup Monitor (Rearview Mirror Screen);
    Wood and Leather Steering Wheel and Shift Knob;
    Towing Prep Package
  • kp0227kp0227 Member Posts: 2
    joe329,

One more question -- since you're also in NJ, what was your total out-the-door price after tax, title, reg, docs, etc?

Thanks again for the info!
  • chrisnychrisny Member Posts: 27
    Hi Joe

you got a great deal on the truck and enjoy it lots of luck.

I do have one question for you - which Catena dealer? Oakhurst or Freehold?

I went to Freehold with a previous post I found on this site by someone who went to Oakhurst and Freehold stated there is no way the deal can be valid and would not come down at all.
    Thanks in advanve for your reply and Good Luck !
  • ayung25ayung25 Member Posts: 3
    Bought a Lexus two years ago...

If I recall correctly, Oakhurst and Freehold are by the same company (Ray Catena). They won't compete against each other!
    I got my car at Ray Catena lexus of monmouth in Oakhurst. I actually almost made a deal at Lexus Edison with the same configuration for 38500 in less than 30 minutes -- just that they didn't have the color combination I wanted, and the salesperson was very upset when I walked away. I spent ~2 hrs at Ray Catena for this deal. All in all, I don't think this price is that hard to reach.

To answer Kp's question--
    I paid 38400 for the car, w/ 2688 sales tax, 354 registration/title, 249 doc fee, 7.5 tire tax, 7.5 online fee -- added up to 41706 OTD.

Good luck guys,
  • si2009si2009 Member Posts: 7
    Thank you so much, joe238. I'm going to Ray Catena on Saturday, trying to get a deal for RX 350. Does anybody else also want to go?
    Hi Joe,

Does your purchase include wheel locks and a cargo mat?

Thanks
    Hi si2009
    Are you in N.J. or wanting to go there for that deal?
    Hi degirl,

Yes, I want to go there for that deal Friday or Saturday. Are you also shopping for RX 350?
  • butterfliesbutterflies Member Posts: 15
    Hi all,

I'm looking for RX350 2008 and this is what I got quote for:

Vehicle Retail Value: $37,105
    Your Price (offering to me): $33,000
    Document Fees: $55
    DMV Fees: $150
    State Smog Fee: $8.75
    State Tire Fee: $8.25
    Shipping Cost: $1,467.56 <== this is too high for shipping.
    Total Cost: $34,689.56 Delivered to your door! or as close as possible! <=== I don't think it includes the sale tax.

These included Navigation package (I think) because it saids with Navigation, heated seats, memory seat...etc with 20K mileage. I want to negotiate to around $28K. Could anyone please tell me what is the best deal for this vehicle. Any inputs will be appreciated. This is my first luxury car and I can't afford to buy a brand new one. sigh ... Please help!

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
    I am looking to purchase an rx . I am in De and weren't sure if you were closer to the Wilm. Dealership( not affiliated with Cantera) than the N.J. Cantera dealership. Please post how you make out. Good Luck.
    Yes, both included.
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    I think you get the wheel locks and cargo mat whether you want them or not! Probably a high profit item for the dealership. The wheel locks are a PITA and I've removed mine and replaced them with OEM lugs.

Pete :)
    Joe thanks so much for the feedback

seems like only Oakhurst is making good deals to move the cars out and Freehold is not budging on prices even though they are both Catena dealers
    I bought my RX at Oakhurst in 2004 because they had the best deal then and only went to Freehold on a friend reference.

Looks like I will take a ride back to Oakhurst to make a deal out there.

thanks again and Enjoy the truck!
    SI2009 actually me and a friend of mine are both lookig to purchase the RX - maybe 3 is a charm

we live in Staten Island but only thing is cannot make it this weekend
    if you are really interested in going another weekend let me know and I will see what my friends schedule is as well

if not good luck to you and keep us posted on how you make out
  • lw914lw914 Member Posts: 6
    I've got a few quotes from dealers around my area and they all give me the same bottom line price ($42,882) and they're not willing to negotiate at all. I was hoping this is a good time to buy but I'm a little disappointed that dealers are not willing to negotiate at all. I can't list all the details here but this is basically what I'm looking to buy:

RX350
    Color: Starfire Pearl and Parchmont Leather
    Nav
    Comfort package
    Premium package
    12-speaker audio
    Wood and leather-trimmed steering and shift knob
    Cargo mat
    Cargo net
    Wheel locks

All dealers are giving me the same quote ($42,882) and said it is the bottom line price. I'm not very experienced with car buying but I've seen a couple of posts from people who paid around $41,000.

Why would you think the dealers are not interested in negotiating? Do you think this is really the bottom line price and I should just go for it?
    I saw some posts as well with that package in the NJ area and when I went to the dealership I could not even get them under $43,5K,

Freehold Catena said their invoice on the car is $42,639 and they cannot go under that and that their invoice went up approx $700 since the truck is moving fast and in high demand

I told them I will come back in August when they are sitting on them and waiting for dealer holdbacks. I bought my last RX in August and got a great deal on that one, of course you are limited to what is available but I am looking for a popular car Tungsten pearl w/ black so I don't think it would be a problem to have that in stock

I think if you can wait it out another month they may come down good luck
  • brandywynebrandywyne Member Posts: 2
    I recently requested an Internet Quote for a 2010 RX 350 from a dealership outside of my local area (approx 60 miles). The e-mail reply was as follows:
    " thank you for your Internet inquiry requesting information on the all new 2010 RX 350. I noticed your have a XXXX telephone exchange and reside in xxxx. Lexus strongly suggests their dealerships concentrate selling to clients that are in their respective marketing areas. From where you reside there are multiple Lexus dealerships and all much closer than Lexus of xxxx. Because of the Lexus corporate policy, I decline to email a quote. Enjoy your 2010 RX 350'.
    Has anyone experienced this kind of a reply and know if this is a Lexus Corporate policy.
  • bond8bond8 Member Posts: 33
    This is weird. I dont think there is any such policy. I bought mine in March. I have a lexus dealership approx 3-4 miles from my house. However I drove up about 40 miles because the other dealership was giving me a better price. When I was making a deal the dealer told me that they knew where I live (based on my driving license) and they wanted to sell me a car. Because if I had left from thr without buying they knew I would buy from the dealership closer to my home. They wanted to compete with the other dealership.
    I have emailed couple of out of state dealerships asking for a quote and none of them replied back. I figured they must have a policy about not selling to out of state customers. I wonder if they will sell it to you if you go to the dealership directly or put a different zip when you request the quote so they won't think you are out of state.
  • brandywynebrandywyne Member Posts: 2
    The Quote request was in state
  • joe767joe767 Member Posts: 10
    I've been dreaming about owning an RX10 for 5 months and finally ready to make a deal at my local dealership( Lexus of Lehigh Valley) Allentown PA. I was very surprise to find out that the model I want is nowhere to be found. I wanted it all, the Heads up display, dynamic cruise control and park assist. The only way I found out to get this car was to order from the manufacture. After building the car with the sales man the MSRP was 54K I offered 50K and they basically through me out of the dealership. I called back the next day to ask if they will take the park assist off and 50K. Now I understand the unwillingness to help me because demand is strong for the RX. I've dreamt for months about the day I can pickup my SUV. After 2 days of my calls not being returned from the salesman I've given up on my RX10 dream and we and test drove the 2009 Acura TL and well I'm about to be an Acura owner. I even went as far as calling Lexus headquarters in CA and was told well the dealerships are independently owned so we can't help you. I'm very disappointed with my experience with Lexus and wish you all the best, I've read this forum for months about the RX but it's over. Thanks

Joe
  • sideways3sideways3 Member Posts: 13
    For what it's worth I purchased a 2010 with nav, etc., etc., taking the msrp to just under $47K. Requested quote over the internet. Got a call the next day and negotiated the deal to just under $42K. Told salesman I wanted no back and forth. Told him I was willing to pay $41K and we agreed to just over that. They also gave me a little off finanacing I had already been approved for. Emailed me the sales agreement, held it for me until Saturday with a deposit. I picked it up and was gone in around an hour. There were no unexpected costs at pick up and they don't have a finance department you have to escape from that tries to sell you extra warranties, etc. Easiest transaction ever. I had already gotten poor treatment and no negotiations from Lehigh Valley and Thompson in PA. It was well worth the 90 minute drive.
    Sounds like you got a great car at a fair price. Enjoy it.

Thanks for all the info.
    sideways3 I mentioned your deal to Freehold Catena and they said no way possible they could sell the car for under their invoice of $42,639

I emailed you previously to ask if you can advise who you dealt with at Oakhurst Catena because it looks lIke I am going to go back to that Catena dealer Freehold is not under $44 for the car you bought

thanks
  • rhanlenrhanlen Member Posts: 4
    Looking to buy an RX 350 with or w/o NAV. Can anyone tell me a good price on either or both in Houston?
    chrisny, I live in Staten Island too. We went to Ray Catena this afternoon. With base and premium package, the dealer only agreed for $39,100. I have not taken the deal.
  • hdeitershdeiters Member Posts: 4
    Purchased RX350 from Lexus of Smithtown last week and the experience was fantastic. The price I know is what everyone wants to know...my RX had the Premium Pkg, Comfort Pkg, Nav, upgraded speakers, remote start and tow hitch and ball installed, MSRP $49,750 Price Paid $44,250. The dealership was friendly and professional. Received 1st class treatment from salesperson to finance person.
  • rhanlenrhanlen Member Posts: 4
    I got a 2010 RX 350 with Premium pkg. No Nav. Final price (with $395 dealer tint) was $40,500 @ Westside Lexus.

Houston's economy hasn't been hit hard like most of the country so I guess demand is still up as well as prices compared to some of the other posts I have read.
  • tyler70tyler70 Member Posts: 82
    Hi Joe.
    dont let one dealer ruin your dream of a RX. Your offer was very reasonable. I think there are a couple reasons they did not accept your offer : one, if you do special order, then it is much more work and hassels for the dealer, so they are less likely to sell. My suggestion to you is to be patient and wait a couple more months. I have been told that Lexus is about to have more new RX's with more options. Once these options are available, they will be more willing to negotiate and I think you can get it for less than 50k. Second, i think you have ONE bad lexus dealer. I suggest you go to another dealer and go directly to the Internet Dept. I also want certain options on my RX and I was told they are not making that combination yet (at least not in my region), but they are coming soon. So I am waiting. while Acura TL is a good and reliable car, I think the Lexus drive much smoother.
    good luck. ;)
  • tyler70tyler70 Member Posts: 82
    I am from Orange county of CA. and I am looking for a new RX with Nav, comfort, premium, park assist and wood trim. Can anyone tell me which dealer you recommend for this area ? what kind of prices can i expect for this combination? also if someone can tell me what benefits do 19" wheels offer compared to 18" ?? I just dont want to pay extra for 19" wheel and it will cost me more later to replace the tires ... thanks
    '
    tyler70, about the 19" wheels, we were thinking about getting that too but later found out at the dealership that the spare tire is a 18". I'm not sure what's going to happen when you have three 19" and one 18" on the car. Even the salesperson couldn't tell us why but we decided to go with the 18" instead. But I'm confident with Lexus that it's going to be okay.