Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New Sierra/Silverado 2500 & 3500

Comments

• markbuckmarkbuck Member Posts: 1,021
    Uses carbon fiber disks for 2001HD's OOOHHH!
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    - Tim
  • richardm6richardm6 Member Posts: 45
    Ryanbab

The big hump is so the big tranny (Allison) will fit. That is also why the body had to be lifted.

Richard Mc
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    Obviously you didnt get at what we were talking about.
    ...that's what you are ultimatly after anyay...right babs?

LOL

- Tim
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    What's going on with that? I thought all of these things were to be handled by Labor Day. Oh well, some got it and some don't...if you know what I mean....LOL

Dean
    Talkin trash now. Um guys way back after labor day i posted the back seat is great. Hmmm was that not a hint. Remember all the talk about rear defoggers.

Ryan
    ..she has gas?

LOL

- Tim
    Tim what???
  • richardm6richardm6 Member Posts: 45
    Went back and read more of the posts (Boy am I red faced). I thought you were talking about the Big hump in the front floor board of the HD trucks
    we are!!

- Tim
    How they are not a good design for certain things. Ill leave that up to your imagination

Ryan
    picture...eh?

must be the light?

LOL

- Tim
    bid on something that the starting price is MSRP. Gotta be kinda stupid to do that...then again...if you want it bad enough. they do have the allocation...

Dean
  • bowhuntwi2bowhuntwi2 Member Posts: 80
    I shudder to think the price of the new crew cab, if the ext cab is roughly 40K. Heck they want $900
    for custom cloth buckets. Gonna have to dig deep into your pockets if you want a new Gm. Hd.
  • andy_jordanandy_jordan Member Posts: 764
    Sierra 2500 HD 2WD Crew Cab
    SL $27,924
    SLE/SLT 30,409

2WD Extended Cab
    SL, 4-Door $26,499
    SLE/SLT, 4-Door 28,794

2WD Regular Cab
    SL $22,829
    SLE 25,124

4WD Crew Cab
    SL $30,974
    SLE/SLT 33,459

4WD Extended Cab
    SL $29,331
    SLE/SLT 31,626

4WD Regular Cab
    SL $25,661
    SLE 27,956

Destination Freight Charge 690

Sierra 3500 Series 2WD Regular Cab
    SL $24,111
    SLE 26,086

2WD Crew Cab
    SL $29,506
    SLE/SLT 31,671

2WD Extended Cab
    SL $28,081
    SLE/SLT 30,056

4WD Regular Cab
    SL $27,161
    SLE 29,136

4WD Crew Cab
    SL $32,591
    SLE/SLT 34,756

4WD Extended Cab
    SL $31,166
    SLE/SLT 33,141

Destination Freight Charge 690
    charges are going up! Fuel costs......
    I got a little confused by the information actually - I posted it from the GM media site and it said at the top of the page (which had all 2001 pricing on it) that all prices included delivery charges - then it listed them separately.

I am not clear from that whether the delivery charge is FYI and is in fact included in the overall price, or whether it is an add on. The second would make more sense, but the page heading suggests otherwise.
    In 2000 went up from $665 to $690 right after i ordered my truck

Ryan
    ..mine was $640!

...Ebay Dmax....that's MSRP ya gotta remember too..

- Tim
  • n75v111n75v111 Member Posts: 243
    Received advanced copies from Chevrolet and GMC today.

With letter stating they will be in dealerships starting September 27th.

Silverado - 52 pages with front cover picture same as current 12 page '01 2500HD/3500 at dealers.

Sierra - 50 page with acceptable view of HD frame with body removed (Pg 14).

Silverado ExtCab LT standard features to include OnStar and Automatic Climate Control (Pg 24).

75v
  • greggauchogreggaucho Member Posts: 62
    52-page 2001 Silverado brochure already at dealerships. Sierra brochure not available 'till end of September.
    Was advise GM not picking up any dealer orders for 2500HD's with the 8.1 (specificly 4x4 excab SB anyway) because the 8.1 is on 'restraint'. (had a restraint # but left it at work)

Any way to ask GM when the 'restraint' will lift and they will start assigning tpw's to dealer waiting orders?
    75v

and no dealers in central iowa has '01 Silverado or Sierra buletins!!
  • doverarjimdoverarjim Member Posts: 23
    Drove by local Chev dealer and saw a Ext. Cab that had some odd looking letters next to the model series 1500, 2500. I first thought it was a 4X4 because of the black wheel opening moldings but the I got close enough to see it was a 2500HD!! It was a 2 wheel drive model that was just like my 99 model. The front end looks great, while I was there asked about 2001 truck book and my buddy found a box that had just came in and I got one but have not had a chance to look at it yet, on Friday at work I'll check it out. Sure wish that the new front end would go on my new used '99.
  • sovercash1sovercash1 Member Posts: 112
    Greg,

I just got the BIG 2001 Sierra brochure TODAY.. I had a GMC Salesman call me at work, just to tell me they had come in..

I stopped by and picked one up..

48 Pages...

SteveO
    Thanks Steve,

Did GMC do a good job on it. I actually think Chevy went a little overboard with their brochure. Seems they repeat the same information every other page. I would have been happier if they had less text and just a bunch of picture pages. That way I wouldn't have so much reading of duplicate information to take up my time. Hopefully they mail out the brochures to common schleps like me the same time they send them to dealers. I haven't checked my mail for a few days.

Greg
  • 4x44x4 Member Posts: 114
    Well finally got a TPW and its next monday the 25th! Last week I called they said a TPW of OCT 16th, I wonder why it was bumped up three weeks? Hell I am not complaining though...Hope everything goes as planned...
    anyone receive TPW on '01 2500HD LT 4x4 ExCab SB with 8100/Allison???? which assembly plant???

GM cs can't confirm 'automatic climate control' is Standard Feature on ext cab LT's as stated in new Brochure(pg 24).
    75v
    Saturday. Expecting brochures (Canadian) within a week. They can order as everything is in the system but he indicated that projected delivery dates for a crew cab 1 ton would be March for the Duramax, unknown for the 8.1. And this is in rural Ontario where trucks are big sellers and hence fairly good allocations.
  • sovercash1sovercash1 Member Posts: 112
    One thing everyone needs to understand, is thousands of people have already got orders in to GM, and those orders have got to be filled before a person who is ordering one just to day...

I placed my order and got an order number with confirmation that GM has it, about two months ago.. Mine will not be here until sometime in Novemeber...

Steve
    of the likely delay, and I have no wish ti jump the line, however there is a big difference between a November delivery that was ordered 2 months ago (4 months) and a March date for today (6 months). I suspect that the unwillingness to give a date for the 8.1 suggests a date longer than 6 months.

Remember also that Canadian vehicles are different from US vehicles, and whilst I don't know the specifics for GM, they are usually a totally different production run.
  • bowhuntwi2bowhuntwi2 Member Posts: 80
    The future Gm owners are going thru the same thing as Ford Super Duty owners went thru last year. I had ordered my truck in Sept, promised by Xmas, received in March. It would seem GM would want to outdo Ford and not make their customers wait like Ford did. But I did get a duffle bag, an AC/DC Cooler & $300 gift Cert. for Barnes & Noble for waiting so long. With a hot product like the HD's. I would think GM would want to get them out. it's not like it's a spur of the moment thought, they knew it at least the last couple of years, that they needed to retool their lines. Good Luck on your wait....Hopefully you will have it by Xmas.
    So I get to have some luggage, a cooler, and a bunch of books? Sounds good to me, that's about how long I expect to wait for my dealer "order" placed in August. I'll tell my dealer how Ford treated you, maybe GM will want to up the ante to beat Ford and throw in a new canopy or an extra set of wheels for my studded tires.
    What are you planning on doing for your extra set of wheels.

My stock 2001HD wheels will be painted steel. Figure to swap those to winter studdie use. Hopeing to get some 2001HD take-offs in steel or AL for summer use.

Anybody out there planning on replacing the dinky little stock wheels with some manly units. I would like to buy the take-offs for my little boy truck.....
    too early to know what I will do with my tires/wheels. I will probably keep the upgraded stock tires over the summer and get some really good studded tires and wheels for next winter. I generally don't use my truck for nasty stuff where I need the higher quality tires until hunting season (Fall/Winter).
  • 4x44x4 Member Posts: 114
    I will be taking mine off as soon as i get it...if you want i will sell you mine....
  • wight1wight1 Member Posts: 218
    thanks for doing the homework on this. This is the kind of information that should be shared on this forum.
    Who supplied these direct and thorough answers? Are you sure they work for GM?
    greggaucho - My comunications have been DIRECT with GM/Detroit AS I SAID.... - Did you think I was posting this for the FUN of it??

75V
  • bigsnagbigsnag Member Posts: 394
    He was being facetious!
    I was just impressed. Thanks bigsnag. It doesn't seem like you see those kinds of answers very often. How did you contact GM?
    has a 2001 Burb 2500 with an 8.1

- Tim
  • gwmooregwmoore Member Posts: 230
    Tim, Did you hear it run?
    2500 with an 8.1? LOL

Was it pewter?

Dean
  • roger350roger350 Member Posts: 157
    Sounds like you have the connections! Any chance you could give me some insight on the availability of the Snow Plow Prep Package (VYU)on the 2500 HD Extended Cab, SB, 4x4, LS trucks for 2001? Edmunds and KBB list it as an option, but my dealer's computer shows it limited to CK25903, which is the cade for regular cabs? I don't want my dealer to put VYU in and have that kick the order out because it is only for regular cabs. If you can help I appreciate it, but if not, no big deal, I know it is a strange question. Thanks.

Roger
    Greggoucho – Apologize if I over-reacted to your comments ---
    I have been waiting for GM to solve their design problems since the '99 1500's were released as 3-dr's instead of 4-dr's due to distortion testing problems before ordering anything.

Anyway, I was finally able to find both GMC and Silverado Customer Communications phone and fax numbers. This allowed me to bypass the Public Relations contacts (which were absolutely worthless for technical information of any kind). I faxed my request in writing so they could take their time, understanding what I was asking, to formulate clear specific answers.
    (This process has taken the last two weeks of submitting and re-submitting my request before finally getting to specific technical people I could communicate directly with)

roger350 - I really did not know anyone before I started, I was just persistant as I needed those answers so I could plan how soon to sell my '90 f150 4x4 so I could help pay for this incredibly exspensive vehicle - If it ever does get built.

My snow plow package went into the GM computers ok but I do not have and acknowledged GM order no. yet either. But four different dealers didn't have problem specing it (including Sierra).
    I think eairly in the 2000 models it would not come up on the 2500 excab LT's, but I think I later looked at an LT to see where the switch was located. (Maybe someone can confirm if they have or have seen ExCab 2500 LT's with VYU option.)
    I'll let you know if I can get an answer.

75v
    of fact it is Dean!

- Tim
    Now the question is, are you going to make the rest of us work as hard as you did to reach those contacts? Or will you throw us a bone and give us the contact information?

What's funny is that companies these days SAY they care about customer service, but then give you a bunch of people to talk to that know nothing, put you on hold, pass the buck, or just make stuff up. I'm guessing half the time who we are talking to is someone who works for a customer service company, not the manufacturer.

n75v111,
    It's obvious who you got ahold of is a real person inside GM that KNOWS something. Being able to get strait answers from someone who actually knows something is amazing. It might really scare GM if word got out that you could get such answers. Wouldn't it be nice if that is what GM means when they tell us they care about customer service?
    to my 2001 2500HD 6.0 CC order.

Anybody know if I can get the KL5 option with this truck? AZ has such a good tax deal, figure look into a home CNG refueling station. Apparently, equavalent cost of around 55 cents a gallon and maybe only a 20% reduction in power on GNG. I could run CNG back and forth to work, and tow on gasoline when I really need the power...
  • gwmooregwmoore Member Posts: 230
    Thanks,
    I totally agree with you about being considerate of these folks who actually give you good strait answers. They deserve a little gratitude and respect for their time. I understand you keeping the names to yourself, too.
This discussion has been closed.