Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2021 Volkswagen ID.4 Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 243,214
    Beamer35 said:

Can I get the MF/RV for a 36/10 lease @22201

1. ID4 PRO S RWD

2. ID4 PRO S AWD.

Thanks for the help!

.00143 and 49%
    $7500 incentives

Either drive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    grayson73grayson73 Member Posts: 6
    2021 Volkswagen ID.4 Pro

Thank you for all of the help. Up until last week, I was a complete leasing noob. "Wow, $379/mo looks great!"

After a quick crash course and guidance here, I negotiated a 0 down, .00143 MF, 50% RV, 36/7.5K lease. Just picked up my Pro S yesterday. Love it!

How much per month?
  • Options
    CivilvicCivilvic Member Posts: 9
    Hello, can I get the MF/RV and lease cash for a 24/12 and 36/12 lease @30324 for an ID4 PRO S RWD
    Also, is there any active Costco incentive?

Thx in advance.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 239,572
    edited September 2021
    Civilvic said:

Hello, can I get the MF/RV and lease cash for a 24/12 and 36/12 lease @30324 for an ID4 PRO S RWD
    Also, is there any active Costco incentive?

Thx in advance.

.00143 MF
    55%/48% residual

$7500 lease cash

No info on Costco

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    8020ad8020ad Member Posts: 25
    Please let me know the RV, MF and/or any incentives for ID.4 pro RWD in 07039
    7500, 36 months.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    8020ad said:

Please let me know the RV, MF and/or any incentives for ID.4 pro RWD in 07039
    7500, 36 months.

.00143 MF and 50% residual
    $7500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    GJ319GJ319 Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2021

Hi. Can I please get the MF and RV on an ID.4 Pro S at 36/10 in 91602 along with any available rebates/incentives?

Thanks.

• Options
    GJ319 said:

Hi. Can I please get the MF and RV on an ID.4 Pro S at 36/10 in 91602 along with any available rebates/incentives?

Thanks.

.00143 MF and 49% RV
    $7500 incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    reubenfsreubenfs Member Posts: 5
    Looking for the MF & RV on an ID.4 Pro S (Statement) AWD with 39mo/15k in 34761. Thanks!
  • Options
    reubenfs said:

Looking for the MF & RV on an ID.4 Pro S (Statement) AWD with 39mo/15k in 34761. Thanks!

.00143 MF and 44% residual
    $7500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Don7311Don7311 Member Posts: 4
    Hello! Can I get the MF, RV, and incentives on an ID4 Pro S 36/10 lease, with any discount for One Pay in zip 60010. Thanks!
  • Options
    Don7311 said:

Hello! Can I get the MF, RV, and incentives on an ID4 Pro S 36/10 lease, with any discount for One Pay in zip 60010. Thanks!

.00143 MF and 49% RV
    $7500 incentives

Deduct .00060 from the MF for one-pay.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    jtraversjtravers Member Posts: 16

Are the MF and RV any different for a 39/10 vs 36/10 on the ID4 PRO S RWD or AWD? One pay MF?

Thanks for the help!

• Options
    jtravers said:

Are the MF and RV any different for a 39/10 vs 36/10 on the ID4 PRO S RWD or AWD? One pay MF?

Thanks for the help!

Subtract 2% from residual for 39 months

One pay:
    36 mo: Subtract .00060
    39 mo: Subtract .00075

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

@kyfdx said:

One pay:

Thanks!
    And the base MF is .00143 for both?

• Options
    jtravers said:

@kyfdx said:

One pay:

Thanks!

And the base MF is .00143 for both?

Correct

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Any RV or MF changes for October? Or is everything still the same as September?

Thanks!

• Options
    jtravers said:

Any RV or MF changes for October? Or is everything still the same as September?

Thanks!

October programs start on Tuesday

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    yoyomayoyoma Member Posts: 5

Hi. Could I have please the RV/MF for id.4 pro s 2021 rwd @94087?

Thanks!
    Amir

• Options
    yoyoma said:

Hi. Could I have please the RV/MF for id.4 pro s 2021 rwd @94087?

Thanks!

Amir

36/15
    .00143 MF and 46% RV
    $7500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    yoyomayoyoma Member Posts: 5

Thanks. Is it the same for 36/7.5? Thanks

• Options
    yoyoma said:

Thanks. Is it the same for 36/7.5? Thanks

50% for 7.5K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

@kyfdx said:

How do the October programs look? I’m interested in 36/10K and 39/10K RV and MF for a RWD Pro S. Also the single pay MF for both. Thanks!

• Options
    jtravers said:

@kyfdx said:

How do the October programs look? I’m interested in 36/10K and 39/10K RV and MF for a RWD Pro S. Also the single pay MF for both. Thanks!

.00143 MF
    49%/47% residual

$7500 lease cash

Single pay

36 mo: deduct .00060
    39 mo: deduct .00075

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Nehanda_1Nehanda_1 Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2021

Hi, can I please get the MF and Residual for an ID.4 Pro S RWD and AWD in 19605 for an 39/10k lease?
    Thank you

• Options
    Nehanda_1 said:

Hi, can I please get the MF and Residual for an ID.4 Pro S RWD and AWD in 19605 for an 39/10k lease?

Thank you

.00143 MF and 47% residual
    $7500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Micky_JMicky_J Member Posts: 10
    Can someone post their lease payment here ? I am in the SF bay area, and I am getting quotes like almost $700 a month plus $3000 down for Pro-S with MSRP $46k. Clearly there is a huge markup there. They have not shared any MF/residuals with detailed quote with me yet. If people can post their local quote then that will be appreciated.
  • Options
    Micky_J said:

Can someone post their lease payment here ? I am in the SF bay area, and I am getting quotes like almost $700 a month plus $3000 down for Pro-S with MSRP $46k. Clearly there is a huge markup there. They have not shared any MF/residuals with detailed quote with me yet. If people can post their local quote then that will be appreciated.

In the meantime, insist on the details of your quotes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

Micky_J said:

Yes Indeed, I am asking for that.
    When I reached out to VW Customer service, they were totally hopeless. They said local pricing is driven by dealers, and even if their website has certain offers, it's the local dealership who will provide the final pricing.
  • Options
    Micky_J said:

kyfdx said:

Micky_J said:

When I reached out to VW Customer service, they were totally hopeless. They said local pricing is driven by dealers, and even if their website has certain offers, it's the local dealership who will provide the final pricing.
    Those are accurate statements. No car manufacturer is going to help you with dealer pricing. And, the website just has advertisements, not actual offers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited October 2021
    kyfdx said:

Micky_J said:

kyfdx said:

Micky_J said:

Those are accurate statements. No car manufacturer is going to help you with dealer pricing. And, the website just has advertisements, not actual offers.
    So as it turns out, I got some quotes and after some back and forth with dealers on transparent quotes what I can now say is that dealers are charging an average markup of $3000 on top of MSRP, so your $46k will be $49k. And on top of that MF can go up to 0.0025 as opposed to 0.00143 standard VW. That way your lease at least in bay area may be in the ball park of $600-$700 per month + $3000 out of pocket cash.

Coming from traditional leasing experience and getting good deals in the past, I am hesitant on getting into this now. Given the hot market, I could have accepted may be a $1000 mark up but both markup and higher MF is just way too much to accept. I wonder if others have similar experience or it is just me.
  • Options
    Micky_J said:

kyfdx said:

Micky_J said:

kyfdx said:

Micky_J said:

So as it turns out, I got some quotes and after some back and forth with dealers on transparent quotes what I can now say is that dealers are charging an average markup of $3000 on top of MSRP, so your $46k will be $49k. And on top of that MF can go up to 0.0025 as opposed to 0.00143 standard VW. That way your lease at least in bay area may be in the ball park of $600-$700 per month + $3000 out of pocket cash.

Coming from traditional leasing experience and getting good deals in the past, I am hesitant on getting into this now. Given the hot market, I could have accepted may be a $1000 mark up but both markup and higher MF is just way too much to accept. I wonder if others have similar experience or it is just me.
    Seems pretty typical for just about any new car, lately

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    VinceVince Member Posts: 19
    Can someone give me the MF and Residual for a 2021 ID 4 Pro S 12/36, 15/36. Zip 17067.

Does it make sense to lease this car to take full advantage of the $7500 tax credit? My understanding is that you get a credit on only the tax you pay, which for me is around $5,900 as of last year. My thought was to lease the car and just pay off the lease.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Vince said:

Can someone give me the MF and Residual for a 2021 ID 4 Pro S 12/36, 15/36. Zip 17067.

Does it make sense to lease this car to take full advantage of the $7500 tax credit? My understanding is that you get a credit on only the tax you pay, which for me is around $5,900 as of last year. My thought was to lease the car and just pay off the lease.

Thoughts?

.00143 MF and 48% residual
    $7500 lease cash

The incentive on the lease is the same as the tax credit, so that's a wash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    You only get the full $7500 tax credit if you have $7500 of tax to offset. I have about $5900. Would it make sense to lease so I get the full lease cash of $7500? Aside from the $699 acq fee, is there a downside to paying off the lease?
  • Options
    Vince said:

You only get the full $7500 tax credit if you have $7500 of tax to offset. I have about $5900. Would it make sense to lease so I get the full lease cash of $7500? Aside from the $699 acq fee, is there a downside to paying off the lease?

If you think you'll want to get rid of the car in three years, then lease it. Otherwise, buy it.

There isn't a great financial benefit to realizing the $1900 in extra incentives. As you note, you'll give back $700 immediately via the acquisition fee. Also, the MF is equivalent to paying 3.5% interest on the amount borrowed.

Maybe, you have some way to realize some capital gains that might raise your tax bill, to capture the full amount of the tax credit?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I could take money out of an IRA which would raise my tax bill.

Can you tell me how a buyout on a lease is calculated? Would I pay for all three years of the money factor if I did this or only the months used? Thank you. Just trying to weigh options. I like leasing because as EV technology evolves, it gives me flexibility.

I reserved a ID4 today. I drove one and VW did a great job on this car.
  • Options
    Vince said:

I could take money out of an IRA which would raise my tax bill.

Can you tell me how a buyout on a lease is calculated? Would I pay for all three years of the money factor if I did this or only the months used? Thank you. Just trying to weigh options. I like leasing because as EV technology evolves, it gives me flexibility.

I reserved a ID4 today. I drove one and VW did a great job on this car.

Generally, you don't pay unrealized finance charges on a lease.

Instead of taking money out of the IRA, you could convert it to a Roth (same tax). That way you don't lose the future tax-free growth.

Seems like you are in a pretty low tax bracket (12%?) It might take a substantial conversion to come up with $1900 in additional Federal tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Can you give me numbers for 17067 for a 10k/24 lease on a ID.4? The dealer is suggesting if I plan to lease the car to take full advantage of the tax credit to do a 10k/24 lease or a 12k/12 lease to increase the residual resulting in a lower payment. What are your thoughts? He suggests this if the goal is to buy out the lease.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    The MF of .00143 for 12/36 ID4 with VW Credit, is this top tier? What is the credit score range for this tier and can you tell me what the MF is for the next tier below it?
  • Options
    Vince said:

The MF of .00143 for 12/36 ID4 with VW Credit, is this top tier? What is the credit score range for this tier and can you tell me what the MF is for the next tier below it?

Yes, .00143 MF is top tier
    700+ credit score

Next tier down adds .00030

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Vince said:

Can you give me numbers for 17067 for a 10k/24 lease on a ID.4? The dealer is suggesting if I plan to lease the car to take full advantage of the tax credit to do a 10k/24 lease or a 12k/12 lease to increase the residual resulting in a lower payment. What are your thoughts? He suggests this if the goal is to buy out the lease.

If you are going to buy the car out within a few months, it won't matter what term you use, as your buyout will be close to the adjusted CAP cost, for which term has no effect.

24/10
    .00143 MF and 56% residual

Will the payment be lower for 24 months? Maybe. It depends on the dealer discount. Working against you is amortizing the fixed costs (dealer fees, acquisition fee, etc) over fewer months.

If your goal is to own this car, I'd work on a Roth conversion to get my Federal tax bill up to $7500. Then, buy it. Win/Win.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

@Vince said:

The RV at 24 months isn’t high enough to make it worth doing — 56% for 24/10 vs. 49% for 36/10. As @kyfdx said, if you are sure you want to buy it out, better to do a Roth conversion to maximize your use of the tax credit vs. leasing and having to waste $700 on the acquisition fee. In my opinion, the lease only makes financial sense if you truly want the option of walking away at the end of it — or if you do a single pay, since that makes the implied interest rate a little more in line with financing rates.

• Options
    andydatesandydates Member Posts: 30
    Hi,

Zip code 91101. What's residual and money factor for 36 months/12k, 39 months/12k and 48 months/12k? Discount on money factor for one pay and multiple security deposits please.

Thanks
  • Options
    andydates said:

Hi,

Zip code 91101. What's residual and money factor for 36 months/12k, 39 months/12k and 48 months/12k? Discount on money factor for one pay and multiple security deposits please.

Thanks

.00143 and 48%
    .00143 and 46%
    .00163 and 41%
    $7500 lease cash

MSDs - 9 @ .00005 reduction
    One-Pay - .00060 discount for 36 months

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    andydatesandydates Member Posts: 30
    Michaell said:

andydates said:

Hi,

Thanks

.00143 and 48%
    .00143 and 46%
    .00163 and 41%
    $7500 lease cash

Is the one pay discount different for 39 months and 48 months?
  • Options
    andydates said:

Michaell said:

andydates said:

Hi,

Thanks

.00143 and 48%
    .00143 and 46%
    .00163 and 41%
    $7500 lease cash

Is the one pay discount different for 39 months and 48 months?
    Aha! Found it.

.00075 discount for 39 months

No one-pay discount for any longer terms.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    ReyTK3ReyTK3 Member Posts: 46
    May I please get the MF, RV, Acq Fee, Incentives for the below

2021 ID.4 Pro S RWD and AWD
    33323 Zip
  • Options
    ReyTK3 said:

33323 Zip

Lease term and mileage?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    ReyTK3ReyTK3 Member Posts: 46
    Michaell said:

ReyTK3 said:

33323 Zip

Lease term and mileage?
    36/10, woops