Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kelzz3kelzz3 Member Posts: 8
    No they didn't have any touring models. Sorry.
  • kelzz3kelzz3 Member Posts: 8
    I signed the purchase agreement yesterday for a Grand Touring 2008 brand new with Bose/sunroof, fro 27,723 + 60 Registration fee. I feel good about the deal there may have been some more room for negoating but I can't see that there was much. Once I get the paper work I will give you excat numbers for the Retail and MSRP. I know it started out with a sticker price of 36,135. I won't get it until tomorrow or Tuesday it was about 200 miles away and they had to go and get it.

My question now is the dealer is now trying to sell me Gap insurance, (isn't this why we have car insurance, I have an email into my insurance agent) 2nd they want to sell me an extension on my bumper to bumper warranty through CNA National Warranty Corp the XSeries. I just think there is to much of a markup on these? Any thoughts? They want $1280, The thing I don't like about it is it doesn't include sensors, blue tooth , proximity key passing sensors, rain sensing wiper sensors a lot of the things that I think would be possible problems down the road?
    I would appreciate any feed back.

My husband made me do all the negoating on my own, and I feel good about the deal that I ended up with, it's a good feeling.
    This site helped me tremendously.
    Thank you all
  • bjssbjss Member Posts: 51
    Great deal - I am lookinn at the CX-9 and Pilot...like the way the CX-9 drives and also have had good luck with Mazda's in the past. Was actually looking at Used (08's), but with 10K off new, I'm thinking differently now. Is this 10K off a national deal? where did you hear about it?
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    My question now is the dealer is now trying to sell me Gap insurance, (isn't this why we have car insurance, I have an email into my insurance agent)

Not exactly.

Say you total your CX-9 3 years from now and you still owe money on it. The insurance company will asses it at a certain value, say $15,000 (hypothetical), however, you owe $18,000. Well, you are still liable for the $3,000 difference. GAP insurance covers the "gap" between what you owe and what the insurance company is willing to pay out.

This is great to have if you put no money down on car to finance. Remember, all vehicles depreciate as soon as you drive it off the lot and you also added taxes and fees to your purchase.
  • IntelGunnyIntelGunny Member Posts: 4
    If you obtain your financing via a credit union, most of them offer GAP insurance and extended warranties at a much better rate than the manufacturer.

My dealer on my new '08 CX-9 wanted to give me the 1.9%, but would only do it if I financed for 72 months. I refused, went to my credit union and am very satisfied- GAP insurance, credit life, extended warranty, the works.
    My dealer on my new '08 CX-9 wanted to give me the 1.9%, but would only do it if I financed for 72 months

That's Mazda's programs, not the dealers. 0% for up to 60 months and 1.9% for 72.

Did you get 1.9% financing through your credit union? I doubt it. The lowest rate I have seen on a 60 month financing is 4.7% through a credit union.

GAP insurance, credit life, extended warranty, the works.

Some credit unions do offer such benefits. I am not a fan of aftermarket warranty's, for those companies have a tendency to out of business. In my store we use only Mazda warranty's
  • bestdealohbestdealoh Member Posts: 7
    I am in the process of getting 4.25 for a 72 month loan or 3.99 for a 66 month loan through CINCO credit union. They also offered me GAP insurance for around $200 (if I remember correctly). Hope this helps...
    I went with the credit union- 4.75% for 60 months. Mazda dealer wanted something like 5.9% for 60 and the discount, or 0% for 60 but NO discount. I flat refuse to finance for 72 months- just a personal thing.

GAP is $299, and to me well worth it. Can actually live withouot the extended warranty, but it's nice to have since I put approximately 30K miles on a car per year. I hate it when the warranty runs out (Mileage) when I haven't even had the car for two years yet. Besides, at about 60K miles, most Japanese cars are just getting broken in.

Aviboy, in what city are you a dealer?

So far, I really like the CX-9. But then I went to it from a RAV-4. Loved that little car- just became too small.
  • Asia3Asia3 Member Posts: 9
    I too really liked the RAV-4, but it just wasn't quite big enough. We usually just have the four of us, but with carpools and my parents along, we need a third row seat. I never could find a RAV-4 with the third row to look at, but I heard it is pretty much for small children.
    Since Mazda is offering such a large cash incentive, it's worth it to take it over the special financing. You will only benefit from the 0% if you put no additional money down and take it to the full term of 60 months.

GAP is $299

That is a good price for GAP, and I agree, it's well worth it.

I'm a dealer in Connecticut.
  • RI32360RI32360 Member Posts: 26
    Just stumbled on this forum while researching CX-9 - great discussion. I am in Rhode Island and none of the dealers in RI are advertising discounts on the CX-9. Just how large is the cash incentive that Mazda is offering? Should I expect to get $9000 or $10,000 off MSRP of a Sport or Touring edition? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • antonio27antonio27 Member Posts: 13
    Has anybody else received 10K off a 2008 Sport FWD? I sent out a qoute request on 1/17/09, to 6 dealers in South Florida mentioning in the request that 10k off is what I'm shooting for. I only received one email back from a Sales Guy that couldn't write or spell. It seems the inventory down here is small or 10k off is unrealistic.
  • bestdealohbestdealoh Member Posts: 7
    I have talked to a lot of dealers lately and 10k for a sport/touring model is very hard to find. I recently made a deal for a AWD white sport (23.2% off MSRP) with some options. I tried multiple dealers and no one could match. You might still be able to get 10k off a GT but that is it. There seems to be less in stock and the dealer incentives are less in the midwest then they were in December (1K less). I hope I am wrong and you get a great deal!
    I bought an '08 GT a couple of weeks ago. $40, 290 sticker, paid their "No haggle" price of $32K and change. Personally, I don't like the "No haggle" thing, because I think I could have gotten a bit better deal without it. This dealer wouldn't budge. It was basically pay the no haggle price or walk away. Spousal Unit and I both really liked the car, so we paid. Still a pretty good deal, but could be better.
    Just how large is the cash incentive that Mazda is offering?

$4,250 is the "cash" incentive known as dealer engagement cash.

Should I expect to get $9000 or $10,000 off MSRP of a Sport or Touring edition?

There are obviously some people that are getting those discounts on these cars, but, I have not seen or heard of them in our region (North East). I have one CX-9 Touring left, and we have it advertised at nearly $7,000 discount. We cannot give anywhere near the $9,000- $10,000 savings some are getting.
  • mapa87mapa87 Member Posts: 40
    I see a lot of talk on the 08 models but I'm looking at an 09 GT at just over $41k. What should I expect to get off MSRP? Is Mazda offering a smaller "cash" incentive on 09's to the dealer?
  • ZoommeZoomme Member Posts: 5
    There are some deals on ebay from a Maryland dealer discounting their CX9 from $9000 Off from MSRP or Best Offer. Hope this help, Goodluck on your search.
  • ZoommeZoomme Member Posts: 5
    Maybe it depends on the dealer 's 08 inventories. They usually discount them from $8000 to $10,000 Off from MSRP here in Kentucky and Ohio. It depends also on the timing ,buying at the end of the month like I did and be prepared to signed on the dotted line.
  • seaweed20seaweed20 Member Posts: 30
    After visiting the Manhattan Automobile Company (New York City, NY) and selecting a vehicle (2008 CX-9 GT AWD), I entered into a round of negotiations with the salesman, which lasted for a week. Finally, the salesman and I agreed on a price and the attached financing package for the vehicle that I was looking to buy. Having reached a verbal agreement over the phone, I went to the showroom and signed the order form and filled out and provided the relevant details to complete the purchase. The salesman took my order form to the general manager for approval and that is when things went awry. Not only did the general manager back out of the contract and refused to do the deal but he also greatly insulted me for negotiating the price and the financing terms.

1) I, as the buyer, have a right to negotiate. If the showroom did not want to then they should have said so and not indulged me into a week long discussion.
    2) If we did end up negotiating, the last thing you want to do is blame the customer for doing so when your own salesman is the one who is putting forth revised terms and conditions.

I have never been to a more uncouth establishment and would recommend that one should only go there if they want a free bag of insults and a truly inhospitable customer service experience. :mad:
    Also, just signed up to the Edmunds forum. This is so great.

Should also probably mention that I am currently in the market for AWD GT. Would not mind a 2008, if I get a good deal. Else will go for 2009.

Any recommendations for dealers around the Northern Jersey area? I live in Jersey City. :)
    Just saw in the paper today and validated by calling the dealerships (Dallas area)..offering 8K off + 1K loyalty on all remaining '08 CX-9's....looks like 8 at one dealership and 7 at another.
  • saadiesaadie Member Posts: 2
    A little farther than Northern NJ, but I just purchased one from Compass Mazda in Middletown, NY. Bought it last week picked it up today.

2008 GT Sticker - $41,500 purchase price - $33,250.

Not sure but probably could have gotten a bit more off. Great to deal with and gave us a bottle of wine whne we were leaving. :)
    Your experience is unfortunate. It's too bad dealers still do business that way.

When you spoke with them over the phone, did they say "we are taking $9,000 off any 08 CX-9"? Manhattan Mazda is my neck of the woods and all customers I have had tell me they are offering that over the phone to start negotiations.
  • ifsandbutsifsandbuts Member Posts: 16
    bjss, what are the names of the dealers? I'm in Tulsa but it might make it worth my while to check out Dallas...
  • curlymayocurlymayo Member Posts: 1
    Grey CX-9 Touring AWD with Bose/moon roof, tow package, roof rails for $28,541.

This is after the $4250 discount and includes 5.69% financing. I'm shopping around for better rates.

Does that price sound ok?

Thanks for any input,

Jon
    El Dorado Mazda in Mckinney (30 north of Dallas) had the Ad in today's paper, called, they have 6 left (offered at 8K + 1K loyalty. Called Freeman Mazda (Dallas), he said they had 5 left (website now shows 4), however, would match any price in the area. Good luck.
    Yes, they are offering $9k off on all remaining CX-9s. Believe they only have GTs as they sold the rest.

I see a lot of posts on discounts that are available on a 2008 model. Does anybody know what are the discounts being offered on a 2009 GT?
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Member Posts: 167
    Well, I was able to lease an 09 GT (fully loaded with GT Assist Package, Moonroof/Bose, Roof Rack, Trailer Tow Hitch Receiver: MSRP for $40,860) for $36,932 (including TT&L and no money down, except first payment) at Brown's Mazda in Alexandria, VA. It's for 36 months at 12k/yr at $551/month. The MF is .00093 and residual is at 49%. This was back on December 27 and represents over $2,000 below invoice (because it included TT&L)!
  • LetsGoCapsLetsGoCaps Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted an "out the door" price of $27,400 (includes $1000.00 loyalty incentive) from a Maryland dealer for a 2008 CX 9 GT FWD with moon roof and blind spot monitoring. Is this a good deal?
  • chrisgoodallchrisgoodall Member Posts: 4
    Yesterday in Omaha, I got a blue 2008 CX-9 FWD Touring with backup camera, rear seat DVD and Bose, roof rails and all-weather mats for $11,000 off MSRP, plus the dealer's $199.50 documentation fee.

The vehicle has some hail damage on the chrome window trim which the dealer will replace for free. No other visible damage.

My wife had indicate her preferred options, in order of preference, were leather/heated, backup cam, DVD. She prefers NOT to have a sunroof.

All told, just under $25,000 out the door.
  • LetsGoCapsLetsGoCaps Member Posts: 2
    Wow, that sounds like a great deal. Makes me wonder if I could have gotten a better deal myself. I ended up paying $27,400 (includes $1000 mazda loyalty incentive) out the door for a 2008 CX-9 Grand Touring with moon roof, roof rails, wheel lock and all-weather mats. When I proposed this price over the internet the dealership accepted it immediately. I guess I should have bid lower. Mazda must be giving some crazy rebates for the dealerships to be unloading these so cheaply. Congratulations. What a great time to buy a car if you still have a job.
    Wow. Congratulations on the great deal.

Hope that I get a similar deal in the area where I live. Will be too good to pass up. :D
  • big_tabig_ta Member Posts: 7
    I am from the bay area. I am considering a Mazda CX-9 VS the MB R350 (CPO). I am leading towards the Mazda, but I like the fit and finish of the Benz. At this point the price will be the deciding factor as many things are in this economy. I visited the dealer, but not have talked about the price. What are the local buyers spending for a GT with minimal package? I do not want nav. Do you think I can get a GT with 28K out of the door.

Also in the same thread, if you have MB information or any suggestion to buy one or the other, it will be greatly appreciated.
  • cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    I bought mine from OakTree Mazda in San Jose.
    I no longer see ads on 2008 models of CX9. So, not sure about recent deals.

Please take the expensive maintenance of MB into consideration.
    For example, an axsile of brake pads change will run about $200-300 for Mazda,
    and $1,000 for MB (why? For German vehicles, you need to replace pads and rotor together). A 60K maintenance of Mazda runs about $400, while it is beyond $1200 for MB. I owned a BMW 540ia for 10 years. I still remember the pains.
    Great drive, though. No doubt!
  • big_tabig_ta Member Posts: 7
    I am kind of tilting towards the Mazda for the same reason.
    But I am not getting all the good deals that you all are talking about.

Right now I have three offer, 32,500 for a GT with DVD/Nav. 31,588$ for a GT in Stormy Blue and just bose/moonroof from Oak Tree and 31K for a Red Mica GT with Nav from Hayward Mazda. For Touring I have been offered up to 26K for a Silver with DVD from Fremont Mazda, but I like the GT.

How are you liking the GT. Does the 20" gives you a very hard ride.
  • nswartzbnswartzb Member Posts: 40
    see earlier threads.
    very good, but common deals were $7000 off msrp on sport, $8000 off msrp on touring, $9000 off msrp on GT.
    great deals were another $1000 off.
    rarely you'd see $2000 off.
    so for a GT, you should expect and get $10,000 off.
    all above is for 2008s.
    tax title and other MANDATORY fees extra.
  • pdxmazdapdxmazda Member Posts: 1
    Last week I bought a Liquid Platinium FWD Grand Touring with the assistance package (nav), rear entertainment system, and Homelink/compass mirror (plus wheel locks, cargo net and mat) for $27,700 before mandatory fees. That included $1800 for a trade-in. Without the trade-in it was $10,000 off MSRP. I was hoping to get another $1000 off with the Mazda loyalty cash but I guess they kept that money.
  • hoyhoy Member Posts: 3
    Las weekend, I got a 2008 AWD GT at $ 28000 with MSRP $375xx + TTL. Is that a good deal?
    That is a great deal. Where are you located and which dealer was this? I am looking to buy one as well.
  • felixdcfelixdc Member Posts: 10
    Hi, could you please share with me also the details of your deal? MSRP, options, and dealer location. I seem to be not getting this deal in my area ( bay area ca)

Thanks
  • hoyhoy Member Posts: 3
    I almost have everything but nav. sys.
  • wahondafanwahondafan Member Posts: 1
    Mazda dealers in the Seattle area have initially responded to my e-mail query with 5300-6250 off invoice. Given that MSRP is about 2500 more than invoice, dare I push for the infamous (!) 10k off MSRP on the Sport and Touring models ... OR am I risking shutting down the transaction prematurely ?

Unfortunately, these seems to be little of the AWD Sport trim in stock locally :cry: I have put my plans to buy a '08 Pilot SE on hold to consider the CX-9 Sport or Touring - much more car-like than the brutish Pilot ! Even though the CX-9 is a foot longer, it felt so much maneuvreable on my test drive.
  • jimsbimjimsbim Member Posts: 4
    I'd say yes, it's there...at least it was for me, I feel I just got the best car buying price deal of my life. When I decided to buy a CX9, I checked several dealers for '08 leftovers and price. I quickly grew tired of dealing with the usual saleman that always had to "ask my manager" for any price concessions. On a whim, I decided to ask for the dealership owner ( all of this took place on the telephone ) at the next dealer I called here in Eastern PA. To my suprise, the owner got on the phone and we talked. Keep in mind this took place on Jan 29th - right at the end of the month. Here's what I got. MSRP - $42,404.00, final price $31,000 (before tax and tags)
    '08 cx9, platinum on black, AWD, gt assist pkg, rear ent. system, tow pkg, bsm, wheel locks, splash guards, remote start, roof rails, homelink, all weather mats, cargo mat and net. That's it. I love it. My other car is a '05 bmw 645 vert w/ 6 spd, my wife's is an '06 lexus GS350. The cx9 takes it's styling and performance ques from both! No wonder it won best SUV of '08!
  • iphone2008iphone2008 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to the forum and it helps a lot for my recent car purchase.

Get out of a MDX lease, and used to look at Pilot as the MDX is so pricy under current economy. No passion on Pilot old boxey style so made my decision last week to buy my 1st Mazda.

Thanks to nswartzb, I finally bought mine yesterday from Compass Mazda, Jamale is the dealer rep. The price is $32,000, including Destination for a 2008 CX-9 GT, AWD, NAV, Moon Roof plus Dockable DVD. close to 10,000 under MSRP.

My advice, do your homework, shop around (10 Dealers reject my offer), check the dealer's inventory, be firm on your price and you will get it.

I should find carspace earlier for my other vechicle purchase. It saves me thousands.
  • francischiefrancischie Member Posts: 2
    Just got my CX-9 last Friday for 24,700 here in South Cal.

Heres what included on the deal:

- Touring Model
    - Pearl White
    - Black Leather seats
    - Entertainment Package (DVD, Bose 5.1 Sound, 110V outlet, wireless headset)
    - FWD

MSRP is 35,xxx

I paid 27,200 "out-the-door". My family enjoyed the weekend travel with our new CX-9.
  • justin4326justin4326 Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

May I know what dealership you went? I'm in O.C.

Thanks
    Justin
  • infogetterinfogetter Member Posts: 2
    Hello:

We are looking to buy a 2008 cx9. The best reduction we have found is $4,700 off of the MSRP for the touring edition. No entertainment package (what's up with that?). Quoted $26,641 "plus fees". We are in Southern Cali too and were wondering if you could share your dealer data with us? Thanks.
  • francischiefrancischie Member Posts: 2
    I got the same quotation but after a week they give me a lower price. The dealer is Clippenger Mazda on West Covina. They have 2 2008 Touring on that time, one has entertainment package and one has moonroof package. I took the entertainment package.

Good luck.
  • infogetterinfogetter Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your reply. Bargaining power is good. I hope they will make the same type of deal, I really love the CX9.
  • franklingt3franklingt3 Member Posts: 17
    do the $9000 and $10000 targets include the incentive relating to financing at 0%? I am seeing an incentive of $5000 if I forgo the 0% financing, only $1000 if i take 0% finance. I need to finance the whole nut.

I am looking for what to expect. thx