Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Chevrolet Impala

12346»

Comments

• tucson_jimtucson_jim Member Posts: 2
    Sarah,

I have a 2006 Chevy Impala SS I bought with with about 75k on it, and it has about 95k to date. I have had a water pump, two batteries, two tire press. sensors, ventilation system servos, broken wire to the tranny lock, and 3 wheel bearings replaced. Add to that, the parking brake won't stay in adjustment, the b-pillars are silvering, consumes a quart+ of oil per change, and the transmission slips.

Compare that to the 1991 Caprice Classic it replaced with over 400k miles on it that still ran great but failed the NOX test by 12 points. I got 175k miles per tranny rebuild, about the same duration from water pumps, it burned 1/2 quart of oil at retirement, was never rebuilt, and still had the original starter.

I think I need to come run your engineering-design quality processes for you.

By the way, the transmission slipping started immediately after getting a tranny flush, and predominately happens in cold weather at low idle speeds (500 rpm range), the bands/clutch grips when the rpms get to about 800, which would indicate to me it's a sticking hydraulic servos (if this car even has them). - JB
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    tuscon_jim,

We're sorry to hear about all the work you've had to have done on your Impala. Was it all performed with a GM dealership? Let us know if we can look into this further with you!

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • mbutermbuter Member Posts: 1
    Tonight, while trying to pull out of work, my transmission seemed to go right in the middle of oncoming traffic. I was pushing on the gas but nothing. I would hit the gas, the RPMs would rev, but i could not move. Cutting it way too close for comfort, at the last minute, my car jolted forward. When i finally made it across traffic, I had to pull off the side of road to collect myself. I finally make it home after driving 40 mph with my blinkers on the highway. I ask my boyfriend to check all the normal fluids. Everything checks out good. He tries to move the car, but it wont move in reverse or drive. He then tells me the transmissions shot! Dont get me wrong, I am very thankful i made it home from work in one piece. What i am not thankful is coming home and getting on the computer to see how many other people have had their tranmissions go in their Impalas. I am a single working mother who bought Chevy because my father instilled in me that American made is always the way to go. Even though everyone else told me to buy Toyota or Honda. This was my first brand new car. It has 115,000 miles (of course out of warrany) on it and I am looking at a lot of $$$$ to repair that i dont have. This will be the last Chevy I own. It is sadly disappointing to say.
    We're sorry to hear about this situation with your Impala's transmission, mbuter. If we can check into anything further for you, please contact us at [email protected] with more details (including your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • ladyzladyz Member Posts: 14
    This happened to me after my friend and I ate dinner. Today I was able to get my hand underneath the console, found the solenoid, pushed it in and voila the car was able to shift out of park. After watching a video on YouTube, I was able to remove the trim around the shifter and was able to see that one of the wires is broken. I am unable to remove the console itself though. According to the video if you remove the tray in the compartment bin there should be 4 screws in the bottom. There are no screws in the bottom of my compartment bin. If there are, they are hidden underneath. Anyway, if I can get this center console removed, my friend can replace the brokern wire. Any suggestions? :confuse:

Michele
  • tucson_jimtucson_jim Member Posts: 2
    Yes Sarah, And, since I made my original post, I have had both a battery and alternator replaced. That's the 3rd battery since buying it 22 Oct 2010. I am on a first name basis with the dispatcher at the towing company. And, being unemployed for three years, I keep hoping that each repair I perform is the last for a while, instead of just biting the bullet and selling the thing.

I am in denial that, after 6 previous Impalas that were absolutely great cars; all those Failure Mode Effects Analysis, 6-Sigma, Automotive Parts Quality Process, Design for Assembly, Design for Manufacture, Process Control Charts, Risk and Opportunity Management, ANSI/ASME GDT, processes used by GM's "best in class" college educated engineers... have yielded such utter garbage.
  • joearpaiojoearpaio Member Posts: 1
    Hi Sarah,

I saw your posting on a website in regards to Chevy Impala issues... I have to vent here and hopefully this catches someones ear and they're able to assist with these very annoying and expensive problems my wife and I have been having with her Impala for about 2 years now...

Here is some details about the vehicle -

We're the original owners
    Purchased new in 2007 from Crane Chevy in Clifton, NJ
    2007 Chevy Impala LTZ
    VIN # - 2G1WU58R579315819
    Mileage just hit 50,000 miles
    My wife drives this car about 12 miles total each day to and from work

Problems -

1) Brakes - Over a period of about 25,000 miles we've experienced severe steering wheel shaking when braking at any speed. Originally a Chevy mechanic (working for Bellavia Chevy in East Rutherford, NJ) cut the rotors and replaced the brake pads about 3 years ago in efforts to resolve this problem. About a year ago the problem returned so I replaced the rotors completely as well as the brake pads again even though the current ones seemed just fine I didn't want anything left over from the previous issue. The problem seemed to have gone away for about a month and a half and then came back. Ever since the issue has been getting progressively worse and just this past weekend I took it one step further and replaced both from calipers, rotors (again) and brake pads (again even though the others didn't look worn) again to not have anything existing left over... As of right now, about 3 days after the repairs were completed the car seems to brake like it should and without any steering wheel shake what so ever. But remember... this happened both of the other times that brake work was done on this car and then the issues quickly came back... I've read on other forums that this seems to be an issue with or year Chevy Impala and that heat is the utimate issue... Not sure how true that is but every time the car has been taken to the dealership they tell us 'Oh just replace the rotors and pads and you'll be fine'... Then we explain that we've done that twice already in the past two years, now along with calipers too! The technicians are then speechless and have nothing else to say.... We're at a total loss if this vehicle starts to do this again after replacing everything brake related up front this past weekend...

2) Transmission - Just recently, about 2 months ago is when my wife first experienced this issue. She'd hit the gas to pull away from a parking spot or to cross an intersection and the car would rev and then bang into gear and pull away. This issue also seems to now happen during driving the vehicle too and not only from a dead stop. It seems like something is slipping and we're told (by our chevy mechanic friend) that all fluid levels look good and nothing seems to be burnt but that this seems like an internal transmission problem that could be costly... I've read on several forums that many other people are experiencing the same exact thing but do not seem to have posted any resolution...

We really need to figure these two problems out fast. I'm loosing my patience with this vehicle. My wife and I really like the car but i'm pushing to get rid of this car if we cannot figure out these issues. We continue to waste money on things that should not be happening...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Regards,
    Joseph and Rosanna
    Hello Joseph,

I am sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with both your brakes and transmission. We will do our best to try and address all of your concerns to the best of our ability. You mentioned that you had your mechanic friend look at your vehicle. We do require that you have your vehicle diagnosed at a Certified GM dealership. From there we can determine what options to take in addressing this matter. If you wish for us to assist in setting up an appointment at a dealership please let us know. If you wish for further assistance please email me at [email protected] [attn:Amber]. Please include your contact information and a few details as well.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • melo_oldsmelo_olds Member Posts: 2
    I Have a 2007 Impala SS with 86K miles on the car and just today had the car shuttering or shaking every time the transmission shifted up through the gears. I have no check engine light on the dash and there isn't any type of unusual noise coming from the motor or transmission. I checked the fluids and nothing was low and it didn't smell burnt which usually means the clutch isn't worn out. Does anyone have any information on what this could be of if this happened to someone else what you had to do to get it fixed.
    Hello melo_olds,

I am sorry you are now experiencing a car shuttering and shaking every time the transmission shifts gears. I understand how this can be a concern for you. I would like the chance to look into this situation. If you reach out via email at socialmedia(at)gm.com and include your VIN and current mileage I am more than happy to research this on your behalf.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    GM Customer Care
  • melo_oldsmelo_olds Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Laura,

I will get that info for you tonight. I will add that I took the car our for a spin at lunch today and everything seemed to be working just fine, both in drive and manually shifting through the gears. The car was responsive and shifted smoothly every single time. I will update you if anything changes or if I have anything else happen.

Thanks,
    Hello melo_olds,

You are very welcome! Please do keep me updated if anything changes. We are here to assist.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    GM Customer Care
  • bbowman14bbowman14 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2007 impala . im trying to replace the blower motor resistor. ive hit a wall. there are four screws that hold the resistor in place. two of the screws are 7/32 and the other two are of a unknown size or bit. if anyone knows what tool im supposed to use i would greatly appreciate the help
  • 07_imp_tranny07_imp_tranny Member Posts: 1
    I am experiencing the same problems with the brakes and transmission on my 07 Chev Impala that are described here and many other locations on the web. GM Customer Care what can I do to get your company to address this global problem that should truly be addressed under a recall notice?
    Hi 07_imp_tranny

I'm sorry you're also having troubles with your Impala. Please reach out to us through email and we will work to address your concerns. Please include your VIN, mileage, and contact information. We can be reached at [email protected] [attn Marty or Amber].

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • ecayceecayce Member Posts: 1
    I too have to join this group of very upset and hurt owners of a 2007 Chevy Impala SS bought brand new off the dealer's lot. I've had to replace the transmission and now have to replace it again at the cost of $4,200.00. The dealer is saying it's because of the mileage and the warranty expiration date of October 16, 2013. I had the car towed to the dealer on November 4, 2013. I asked GMC if they would pay for some of the cost because I believe the problem is a defect in this model. I've had to replace tires after owning it for one year and now is on my second set of new tires after buying many used ones in between the years. I found out today that GMC nor the dealer will pay for none of the repair costs even after GMC customer rep Brandy at 1-866-790-5700 ext. 21206 said they would pay for some but didn't know how much they would pay. In the meantime the dealer said they would break down the transmission at the cost of $1,500.00. So now I have a car without a transmission at all and I don't have $4,200.00 to pay for another transmission and have to have it towed for storage or leave it at my loss. I am appauled at GMC and Chevy dealership Hilltop Richmond in Richmond, CA's decision and lack of fairness. The mileage on the car is from highway miles which were accumulated from Soccer tournaments and games not street miles which is hard on a transmission. I think we all should beg the mercy of an attorney to take on GMC with a class action lawsuit. Times are too hard for large companies to keep getting away with dismissing us once we've paid our cars off.
  • bigal48bigal48 Member Posts: 3
    My wife and I just bought the 2007 3.5 LS Impala used 99,000 miles not even 8 months we have it starter went, tire ware terrible and yea we got alignment twice just in case now water pump going , oil pressure low stop engine now going off , dealer thought it was a sensor, changed it now the same thing happens but it goes off twice as long and much more frequent than before ,checked the air cleaner pulled the fuses with nothing working hoping to reset issue codes no luck ..Checked for leaky gaskets oil In the antifreeze and vice versa I have a warranty, I think the dealer that I bought the car off of is stalling for the warranty to run out in a couple of months he knows something is up or rather she was bitching cause it was the third time we had the car back in a month should I trust them ???when I bought the car it needed new breaks and Rotors I should say my wife went and picked it out I was away at work for the week or that never would of gotten by me I check everything car-fax not much trust in that but every little bit helps paper work for wrecks ,regular schedule maintenance reports you get my point I think they know a head gasket is blown or worse ....another problem I can feel brewing I can feel a delay when I pull out it won't go for a second and then sometimes gets to much power anyone have any ideas on that one ???