Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Audi A4

Comments

• I am talking to dealers in the Bay Area, CA, surprisingly the first offers I received are at invoice, I havn't started negotiating yet, an
    A4 2.0
    Premium Plus
    Leather uphostery costs

about 38,000 MSRP, invoice price is 35,725 @ 4.9% financing another dealer has offered me a 35,000 price. I am wondering if I should play a bit more and wait till mid december, What do you think about the interest rate? is it high or low?

About the car,

I test drove the A4 its a fairly quick machine, very light, nice turns, beautiful interior, can feel more space in the back, the LEDs are sweet, a comparable car would be a 328i will be driving one this weekend.
  • I would get the Prestige, because it's the only way to get Drive Select, and the Bang & Olufsen stereo is awesome.
  • You can get this car at invoice. I paid $150 below invoice, and one dealer offered me $500 under invoice, but only for a car which was already on his lot.
  • kduda1kduda1 Posts: 15
    I'll reply to my own post (see buying and lease experiences) just to update anyone interested. I told the dealer who I gave a deposit to in April, Brian Harris Audi in Baton Rouge, that I preferred to buy the car locally but if I were willing to go out of state for the same car I've waited on for 8 months, I could beat their offer of $1,000 off MSRP (only offered because they screwed up) by $500 and w/ 2.9% - 4.9% financing versus the $5.9% financing they offered me, and the sales manager told me:

"If making a trip to Houston to save $500.00 at this point after we have tried to do as much possible for you is what you feel is better for Kathy than I hope you enjoy your new Audi. After all it is a great car,and you should enjoy it for it long time."

His quote, his poor grammar and punctuation, his assumption that the other dealership was in Houston. My loss of a car I've waited on for 8 months and 8 months' worth of interest on my deposit. On the bright side, at 3:00 Monday I'll have $43,200 more than I otherwise would have had.

My recommendation: Don't shop at Brian Harris BMW/Porsche/Audi in Baton Rouge, LA.
  • jd25jd25 Posts: 43
    Havn't seen the new A4 on the street yet. I'm waiting for the CVT model due out in Jan'09. Do you guys any opinion on which color looks really cool on the new A4 (I know color is a personal preference, but still would appreciate if you share your opinion...)... :)
    Does anyone know if the S-line package available with CVT model? I don't see that option in Edmunds...
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    No S line, but you can get 18 inch sport package on CVT's.
  • Has anyone recently leased the 09' audi a4, I live in newyork and was wondering what the current lease prices is on this vehicle. Audi A4 Quadro 2.0
    A follow-up and conclusion to my posts regarding car shopping, pricing, buying. Brian Harris Audi in Baton Rouge stepped up the plate, admitted things had not been handled in the best manner, and were willing to bend over backwards to make me happy whether I decided to purchase the vehicle or not.

Conclusion: I'm the proud new owner of one super fine Ice Metallic Silver '09 A4 3.2 Premium Plus w/ navigation who has no idea how she's going to keep the foot out of the accelerator!!! The car sounds as great as it looks, and I'm very happy and satisfied with my purchase (even if it wasn't anywhere near invoice price)!
  • Does anyone have any idea when we'll be able to get a manual transmission in the new A4? The dealers say they have no idea, but I tend to think it's because they want to sell what's on their lots. I can wait, if I know how long I'll have to wait. I'd just hate to buy an automatic then have the manuals come out.

And what would be even better if if you could tell me when I can buy a manual diesel A4...without having to move to Europe. :)

Thanks, Andre
    Anyone noticing any road/wind noise w/ the '09 A4s, especially if the sunroof shade is open (not sunroof open, though)? I hear the V6, which I love, but I'm hearing lots of road noise, especially on bad roads, of which there are many down here in Louisiana.

Thanks.
  • "Does anyone have any idea when we'll be able to get a manual transmission in the new A4? The dealers say they have no idea, but I tend to think it's because they want to sell what's on their lots. I can wait, if I know how long I'll have to wait. I'd just hate to buy an automatic then have the manuals come out. "

You can order an A4 2.0t manual sedan now. And you can expect delivery by perhaps February.

Go get 'em! :D
  • I notice horrible noise around 30 MPH when I have the sunroof completely open. It sounds like something is flapping, but nothing is! The air seems to resonate at just the right frequency to create a deafening tone. Solution: don't open sunroof all the way or don't drive 30 MPH with it open.
  • li7li7 Posts: 10
    This has happened to me with other cars, same issue if u were to open the rear windows at a specific distance, the air seems to resonate into a horrible wave sound that is just awful. Just play around with the settings, until u find a comfortable one for you. Otherwise u may just want to keep it closed.
  • li7li7 Posts: 10
    Does anyone know where i could find an add-on to the fog lights, to make them look like the s-line fog lights? Im particularly concerned about having this accent on a premium plus, the surrounding foglight chrome trim . Premium plus comes with all blk, think the chrome trim looks nicer.

Any feedback would greatly appreciate it.
  • This is a trick question, yes?

The place to go where you can find an add-on to the fog lights, to make them look like the S-line fog lights?

Ummm, answer: What is an Audi dealer?
  • Bryon
    Did you learn about this from one or more dealers and any info on the msrp/invoice for a manual?
  • "Bryon
    Did you learn about this from one or more dealers and any info on the msrp/invoice for a manual?"

Ah red it on duh net... actually I believe that dealers are taking orders for manual two liter A4's now. Just give your local dealer a call.

While I don't have invoice pricing for the manual, I'd guess that it would come in around $1200 cheaper than the auto. Since this is a buyer's market you should be able to cut a deal down near invoice... at least if you work at it. The Avant I ordered last week (or so) is scheduled for a mid Feb delivery. I'd also guess that a manually equipped A4 ordered now would come in around the same time.

So you gonna go for it?
    In Edmunds it is showing that 18" sport package is an available option for prem plus version of FWD A4. Is this true? I thought 18" sport package is available only with Prestige version of quattro. Is this an error in Edmunds?

Thanks!
  • im getting a deal on 2009 audi A4 premium plus, navigation, sports package. for 37,600 without tax. is that a good deal ?
  • You might be thinking of the S Line option, which is only available with the prestige edition. My Avant should be here in a couple of weeks (prem + sports package).

Jase,

What did you pay over invoice? That is a good indicator of how well you did. But one problem with that is whether or not you leased your car or paid cash and/or had a trade. It's never just a black and white issue. There are other factors beyond that number you gave. But don't sweat it. Just saddle up and drive off.
  • bandfanbandfan Posts: 10
    Planning on buying an 09' 6-speed manual A4 2.0T Prestige trim, red with black interior. No additional options. Heard they won't be available until at least end of Feb. or early March. Have been contacting a few dealers locally to get quotes ahead of time but only one has given me a price that's in the reasonable ballpark range (i.e., $1,000 over invoice, but 'negotiable'). Is that a good idea, or should I wait til they get some in stock before really start the negotiation process?

Also, I plan to pay for the car with cash...will I get a better deal if I disclose that up front or wait til I get the quote I want? I also have a Schwab credit card that pays 2% back on purchases, so was planning to put the car on my CC and then pay it off right away, which would help absorb the tax/destination cost.

Any suggestions about strategy to use to get the best price? My goal is to stay at or below invoice.
  • kikihowkikihow Posts: 20
    You can do better then $1000 over invoice. If there's another dealer around I recommend you go there, tell them the offer you got and see if they can do better (get this in writing if you can). I was able to get an offercat invoice (although I chose to buy from a closer dealer for $500 over invoice)

Also, my dealer would not let me use a CC to pay for the car (although I did use it to pay for my extended warranty - also a price negotible option - see one of my previous posts)

Good luck!
  • 2009 audi a4 premium plus + Navi + Sports Package = $37,600
    200 over invoice, or so they say .. ? is it a good price ?
    buying with cash. this price is without TAX.
    this is not quattro
    Checked with Audi USA. They confirmed the 18" sport package in FWD with prem plus.
  • carnaughtcarnaught 'zonaPosts: 2,341
    Out of curiosity, what is the MRSP?
  • MSRP is $39,475
  • That's a super fine price. Looks like it's a buyer's market in your neck of the woods (and just about everywhere else).

Here in NE Ohio the A4's seem to be moving briskly off lots, even with the sucko economy...
  • Hello,

Any insight on this would be much appreciated.

I got this offer from my local dealer in SoCal:

2009 Audi A4 2.0T Frontrak Premium

Added Options:
    Bluetooth
    Audi Music Interface
    Sports Package

MSRP: $34,825
    Invoice: $32,XXX

The dealer is willing to offer me this:

$30,XXX (apparently about $2k below invoice)

18k miles per year
    36 month term
    $1,000 total due at signing

$716 per month after taxes(including the prepaid maintenance)

I know that monthly payment seems really high, but i am also financing an additional $4,842 into the price of the lease…this is what it will cost me to get out of my lease with Acura. Instead of writing the check up front, i think i would rather finance it into the payment.

I hope that wasnt too confusing…please let me know if this is a good deal.

Thanks
  • The dealer gets cash, yours, the banks, AFS or where ever.

The fact that you may come in with a suitcase full of cash vs some other method is probably a big yawn.

In fact, if you pay cash, the dealer may be shorted up to 1/4% of his revenue -- meaning you may actually pay MORE out of your pocket.

Paying for a car, fully in cash, also may net you a higher price (even though it is technically not supposed to.)

Why not win all the way around?

Finance the car, let the dealer get his spiff, make one payment, then pay the whole note off.

Unless of course there is a prepayment penalty -- hard to imagine, but NOT impossible.