Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mazda Protege Owners: Protege Posse

Comments

• Options
    maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    You speak like a man with experience.
  • Options
    dsm6dsm6 Member Posts: 813
    I'm happy now. I think you hit that nail on the head. Hence forth I shall ignore any and all advice given herein. I'm trading the Pro for a Jetta (automatic), putting Potenzas on it, and taking it to Midas for any and all service. I'm going to have them change the oil in it every 10,000 miles with synthetic. Anything else?
  • Options
    protege_fanprotege_fan Member Posts: 2,405
    What's wrong with Midas?
  • Options
    I don't know, how many?
  • Options
    chicagoprochicagopro Member Posts: 1,009
    I'm a double-posting fool.

:)
  • Options
    the_big_hthe_big_h Member Posts: 1,583
    and if the owner's stingy, he can save a couple bucks by ordering on the web and have it shipped to his door, but shipping will take 1 week and the warehouse may be on backorder, in which case the wait time could be as long as a month!

so in conclusion, the time it takes a Protege owner to change a light bulb will vary from 5 minutes to 1 month and 5 minutes, depending on conditions mentioned above :D
  • Options
    Nothing, or so I said anyway. Others disagreed. Do you recall others recommended that you take your car, after your unfortunate meeting with a curb, to a dealer instead of Midas. Look where that got you (sorry to bring up bad memories). ;-)
  • Options
    So you baited us with that question, but don't have an answer? Oh, my. ;-)

Are you going to trust these guys to answer in light of the discussion above? :-(
  • Options
    sniffle sniffle :(
  • Options
    So sorry! Didn't mean to, um, tease you like that ;)

I couldn't think of a decent answer myself, but figured all the smart-a...I mean...clever folk here would be able to cook up something.
  • Options
    ...I can't carry on a conversation all by myself.

Somebody say something!
  • Options
    krotinekrotine Member Posts: 93
    I said "something" but no one heard me say it.

So i'll just type it... "S O M E T H I N G"

:D
  • Options
    Smart a**.

:)
  • Options
    krotinekrotine Member Posts: 93
    Someone needs a "time out' for swearing!

:(
  • Options
    You're right, not setting a very good example for the young'uns, am I?

I promise to use only the purest of words when I see you on Saturday.

Which means I probably won't be doing a whole lot of talking.

;)
  • Options
    protegextwoprotegextwo Member Posts: 1,265
    Why doesn't a rooster wear any under ware?

Answer:........?
  • Options
    ...to get to the other side?
  • Options
    protegextwoprotegextwo Member Posts: 1,265
    See ya at the club house...

-love train
  • Options
    fowler3fowler3 Member Posts: 1,919
    the bulb will burn out. LOL!

I tried one of those expensive long-life bulbs that's suppose to save on electricity. As soon as I turned it on the thing blew out! When I returned it with the receipt they refused to refund my money, said it could be one I bought a year earlier.

Don't by Sylvania bulbs at The Home Depot.

fowler3
  • Options
    chikoochikoo Member Posts: 3,008
    you got to be kidding me, fowler.
    the customer should get the benefit of doubt.
  • Options
    tell me she wasn't going to take back some corrugated panels because I had hole punched them already. I said look lady, I bought 28 of these panels and these 2 don't match. You will take these back, and I will go get 2 more that match the other 26 I have at home. She did.

You just can't give them an option when you know you are right or they will walk on you.
  • Options
    mdaffronmdaffron Member Posts: 4,421
    Because reading the subject line alone gave me the mental picture of you and some lady getting it on down in the plumbing aisle, lol!!!

Meade
  • Options
    I would figure kitchen countertop section would be a more, um, appropriate location for such extracurricular activities :D
  • Options
    Best way to get your audiences attention. You should try that with your press releases.
  • Options
    I was thinking SHOWERS, guy. And at home depot they have one-piece enclosures. Kinda hard to get going on those kitchen countertops when they're standing up vertically against the wall.

Or did you mean right out there on the display model, with the salesperson watching?

Now, I'm stopping this right here before I get a personal greeting from someone!

Meade

P.S. I do, malt, I do.
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Are you referring to moi? ;-)

And where is this Home Depot? Finding a salesperson at the local one in my area is impossible...or maybe I'm not being outrageous enough to attract attention.

KarenS
    Host
    Owners Clubs
  • Options
    Funny you should say that about attracting attention at HD.

When I was there on Saturday there was an Asian fellow nearly yelling for someone who works there to help him. I'm not sure he ever found his person, but I got a kick out of it.
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    On my last trip to HD, I luckily didn't need any sales assistance, but I did see one salesperson who was helping a customer. The funny thing was there were three other customers following his every move. I can only imagine the melee that broke out if he decided to take his break after helping the first person. :-)

And you know there are several HD employees who were Olympians this year. I guess they are too busy training to help the unfit find lag bolts. :-)

KarenS
    Host
    Owners Clubs
  • Options
    Senior Editor Brent Romans expressed his articulate best when he recalled: "When Mitsubishi announced at the 2001 New York Auto Show that it was going to offer a Lancer in America, I stripped down to my undies and ran through Times Square yelling, 'The Lancer is coming! The Lancer is coming!'

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/roadtests/roadtest/47271/article.html

• Options
    is safe from Mitsubishi.
  • Options
    I'll be interested to see the Evo when it gets here, even if the base is a dud.
  • Options
    any word on my AT Tranny clunk question?
  • Options
    haven't heard anything from my pusher. As soon as I have the stuff, I'll let you know.
  • Options
  • Options
    the clunk could also be due to a worn out key used to fix the 1st gear on the shaft. That could cause a play and hence the clunk.

I am NOT running out of ideas, i must say ;)
  • Options
    Are you happy, echo boy? ;-)
  • Options
    <<<YES>>>
    >>>YES<<<
    <<<YES>>>
    >>>YES<<<
    <<<YES>>>
    >>>YES<<<
  • Options
    I didn't see what part of TH I was in when I was posting those DRL comments. I've deleted them now.

For the record:
    -I believe in DRL's and think they can help save lives
    -I've never had a problem with DRL's at dusk shining in my face. Perhaps I'm just used to it.
  • Options
    I would rather see a V6 in the bay rather than a Turbo.
    Question is: What would be the Price of an existing ES with a 626-V6 engine in the bay?

Any ideas?
  • Options
    Are you saying as a do it your self mod, or from Mazda?

How about the Millenia S 2.3 Miller Cycle V6?

The turbo MazdaSpeed 3 will top $20k easily. A v6 would be expensive relative to the ES 4 cylinder, as is the turbo.

I wonder what it would take to fit a V8? Don't laugh, it's been done with a Miata. Of course, the expense seems more worth it for a Miata.
  • Options
    that would make the Protege even more nose-heavy than it is already.

That's one of the big upside of a turbo engine, that it's a lot lighter than a V6 engine while producing very good power.
  • Options
    but that didn't stop folks from doing it. Ford 302 V8. "Monster Miatas" they call them.
  • Options
    would do the trick.
    And I an thinking more of as an option from Mazda, not aftermarket.
  • Options
    It would be more of an American formula than a Japanese one - put a big engine in a small car and watch it fly. Ford's SVT has played around with putting V6 in the Focus ZX3. They don't plan on building a production version, though. The cost vs. interest ratio would be poor, as I think it would be for a V6 Pro. The compact crowd likes those turbo fours I guess.
  • Options
    there was a Focus with a nice fitting V-8. Of course the whole car had to be rebuilt to accommodate the RWD.
  • Options
    That SEMA show sounds like alot of fun. It isn't open to the general public though, right?
  • Options
    you need some affiliation to the auto industry as it says here.
  • Options
    I'm now hooked!

Meade
  • Options
    looks good. I got an email from Mazda about this site last night and checked it out. If it holds up well (anybody know anything about this Flat Rock MI plant?) and crashes well, it may replace my wife's GP. I especially like the 5-door.

Sounds like the auto-leveling rear suspension is a Euro only feature. I sure hope, in addition to this change, they don't soften the suspension any for the US. I hate that. Manufacturers all think we US drivers are softies, wanting cushy ride more than responsive handling. Well, as far as this US resident is concerned, they are wrong!
This discussion has been closed.