Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sequoia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• xierxier Member Posts: 99
    Zero + Rebate - No one knows. Some have got deals that are close to that but we don't even know if the zero percent will continue at this point. I was at the dealership the other day picking up some accessories and was told the zero was gone... but did not confirm it.

Interesting --- the Toyota closest to my place had 5 Platinum's when I was looking and when I went back yesterday all of them were gone.... I asked the SM and was told they were all dealer traded.
  • kmrbostonkmrboston Member Posts: 4
    we're still waiting on the sidelines waiting and watching to see what toyota does, but we've decided to purchase in november.

just checked this morning and in the chicagoland area, the new offer is 0% APR for up to 60 months plus $1000 cash back OR $3000 cash back plus $1000 bonus cash until 11/3/08. i believe this is the same deal they had for september.
    Yep - looks like the same deal - some regions had 72 mo zero percent but that was not the case in CA....

What model are you looking to purchase in Nov?
  • munster35munster35 Member Posts: 2
    I just received a quote for a LTD, 4x4, NAV, EY, PB, with 20"wheel with an msrp of $55275 for $45922. Is that a good quote? I tried to push but that's all he'll take.
  • skr2skr2 Member Posts: 32
    I am interested in getting the Sequoia Limited 2WD 5.7L V8 in the Dallas Area. Would appreciate if anybody could share their experience, if anybody bought in the Dallas area recently.
  • munster35munster35 Member Posts: 2
    I don't know about the Dallas area, but i bought in California and Toyota has $4000 cash rebate on Limiteds which is off the invoice price and then you'll be able to negotiate on top of that.
  • skr2skr2 Member Posts: 32
    Thanks for the reply. Can you post the breakup of the purchase, along with the dealership name and model and options. Did you also use Toyota's financing?
    Will highly appreciate your response
  • dchellerdcheller Member Posts: 6
    Did you get 0% for 60 month on top of that or was it 3k rebate OR 0% for 60mo? I'm looking at about 6k off MSRP for a limited and getting 0% for 60mo, sound good?
  • tires2tires2 Member Posts: 2
    In Houston - Platinum 2WD - MSRP $55450 and in addition had $1600 in dealer add-ons. Deal received: $48200 (includes $1000 rebate), 0 down, 0% and no payment until April (delayed first payment available for Houston area residence I was told due to hurricane).
  • shorty101shorty101 Member Posts: 30
    I keep going back and forth between the two vehicles. I travel a lot for my job and have a small child. I have found that a mid-size SUV is just not big enough for all the stuff that I have to carry. I will also use the SUV to haul my horse trailer on the week ends. My main concern is reliability and safety. When I try to negotiate with Toyota they don't seem to friendly. There are over 50 Seqouias on the car lots in Baton Rouge, LA. Do you have any suggestions.
  • sbell4sbell4 Member Posts: 446
    short answer: submit a price quote request with the exact equipment and color you would like to three dealers and then buy the vehicle from whomever you are most comfortable.
  • 4midlifecrisis4midlifecrisis Member Posts: 2
    I believe you will be happy with the Sequoia with your daily and weekend activities. I have many acquaintances who have gone from American cars to Japanese (mainly because of reliability) but still have to find one Japanese car owner convert to American. I am not saying there aren't any, I am just saying I have not met one yet.

I bought mine through internet sales and my experience is that they go straight to the point. I do not know how true this is but they are being paid flat rate with every car, not like the floor salespeople. THey also try to get the highest score from you with regards to the survey that you will receive through the mail as they get bonuses at the end of the year depending on how they score on the surveys.

Get the invoice from this site on the car that you like, options included, add the tax, then offer an amount which is lesser. Negotiations will roll from there as long as you are definitely getting the car. You definitely do not want to waste their time. That's what I did and I got the price I want.

Do not forget the incentive you are going to take (rebate or 0% APR). Good luck.
    I'm surprised that your local dealers are not looking to deal. Toyota continues to extend the ZERO percent - that tells us all something. Do what others have suggested - and look back several pages in this thread to see how to get best quotes from dealers. I found the same thing to be true - that if you RFQ it out to 5+ dealers you will find one or two who come in at their best/lowest price right off the bat - no BS. If you can't find deals in your immediate area look a bit further out.

Of the 50 on your local lots - are they in the CONFIG that you are looking for IE SR5, Limited or Platinum?

As for Tahoe VS Sequoia - that should be very easy. One drive/walk-around should be all that it takes to make up your mind. I have done Tahoe before and most other GM large SUV's - It was pretty much a no brainer for me to go Toy this time --- but again I know lots of folks who love their Tahoe's - (More so the Loaded Caddy's).
  • kmrbostonkmrboston Member Posts: 4
    well, we finally bought one!

in the chicagoland area:
    ended up with a cassis pearl SR5 5.7L 4WD with 6 disc changer, cold kit, homelink mirror, leather, power 3rd row, fog lamps, moonroof, running boards, and tow package. MSRP at $45,315...left at $38,391 before TTL. that price includes the $1000 cash back and 0% for 60 months. invoice was $40,396.

we love the car so far, but we have to go back to the dealer to get the cross bars removed from the roof rack to get it in the garage. it's a monster compared to our 2001 4runner!
  • goskersgoskers Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me what dealership gave you this deal and does this include the 0%? I'm looking for something similar.
    kmrboston - Congrat's on your purchase. Zero for 60 is nice indeed - I saw that some regions were running 72 mo - even better. Enjoy.
  • sequoiasaurussequoiasaurus Member Posts: 240
    What sort of deals are people getting on leases for Platinum's? Assuming you can even get a lease now. I've heard the market has tightened up on leases lately.
  • tires2tires2 Member Posts: 2
    Don McGill Toyota
  • shorty101shorty101 Member Posts: 30
    Thank you for the information. I went by the third dealership today after I worked with them over the internet. They told me that the Sequoias are not moving. They said that they would be willing to work with me. I did not have time to go over numbers with them today. I am going to go back in with my specs. on a Sequoia SR5 with Leather. I will post an update after I run the numbers. I am also going to run the numbers on a Highlander (Limited). They did offer me $9000 on my 2005 Jeep Grand Chorekee Limited with 61,000 miles. This was better then I expected.
  • nedzelnedzel Member Posts: 787
    "They told me that the Sequoias are not moving." Well that's a big surprise ;)
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    "Well that's a big surprise."

It is from the standpoint the dealer admitted to it!
  • frankenfishfrankenfish Member Posts: 5
    Does a price of $42k without tax sound any good for a Limited w/ navigation system, 10" DVD player, daytime running lights, power rear door, power moonroof, and the Toyoguard Protection Package? located in GA.

Thanks
    what is the MSRP for the car and are you getting the 0% for 60 months as well or is the 42k with the rebate and no 0% for 60 months?
    MSRP is $51,400 and offer already includes the $5,000 rebate. If I were to go with the 0% financing then I would lose the $5,000 rebate they say.
    When you guys say "out the door" are you referring to everything but the tax you have to pay where the car is registered (i think it is 7% where i live making it around $3k) or are you including that as well? Thanks.
  • harshvedaharshveda Member Posts: 17
    I live in Atlanta and looking for a good deal on Sequoia. Could anybody suggest with your buying experience from the local dealers?
  • jbm4jbm4 Member Posts: 5
    Bought this weekend - a deal that no other dealer in the DC area would touch. Just 10 minutes from BWI if you're able to fly in.

Carmax / Laurel Toyota
    $52,625 MSRP incl freight
    $42,948 selling price (no haggle)
    New car / 20 mi on odometer
    Sequoia Limited / Nav / Towing / 18"

http://www.carmax.com/enUS/search-results/default.html?search=sequoia+limited&Ep- =FAS+Main

Love the truck! Amazing turning radius versus my old Tundra.
    jbm4, are you getting 0% for 60 mo. on top of the $42,984? If it is instead of the 0%, I'm looking at the same deal in the Northeast. The 0% is worth $3,000. I'm looking at a deal $51 k msrp, 44 k with 0%, 41 k without... Should I do it?

Do you like the Nav? A lot of people don't, what are your thoughts?
  • jbm4jbm4 Member Posts: 5
    That was a cash price - add $3,000 for the 0%. Yes, sounds like the same deal (essentially $1,000 under invoice). I'm partial to the Nav, mainly because you get intuitive control over audio, phone, etc. plus the backup camera on screen. The maps is a nice to have but not worth the cost alone. Big reason I bought from Carmax was they had the equipment combo I wanted (I didn't want to pay for the rear entertainment or 20" wheels).
  • soonersoksoonersok Member Posts: 8
    I recently just bought a 2008 Blue Metallic SR5 Sequoia, the options include:

5.7L 6-speed trans 4x2
    roof rack
    fog lamps
    power driver seat
    tow package (SR5)
    daytime running lights
    6-cd changer w/8 speakers
    car mats ( both foul weather and cloth w/ 3rd row and cargo mat)

MSRP was $38,304
    Internet offer was $30,800 with the rebate ($3,000), I could have gotten the SR5 for $29,000 w/rebate but I took the 0% at $32,000 before Tax/Title/Tax, was this a decent deal? I actually made money on my trade-in ($4,400) and paid $800 down and only financed $27,000 for 60 months @ 0%. :)
    I am looking to buy a Sequoia in Atlanta, GA area. did any buy one recently? I appreciate your help and please share your negotiation experience
    Sooner - Sounds like a nice truck and very nice price (Like the BLUE a LOT!). Not sure if its a great deal on SR5 as I only looked at Plat's. I really think the Sr5' Loaded up a bit in the 30's is a Super Value. I love my Platinum but admire the SR5's and Limited's I see on the road as well.

Gotta love the Zero Percent - Can't beat it anywhere! I just wish Toyota would allow their premium brand (Lexus) offer this!!
  • darthrondarthron Member Posts: 1
    I am also looking to get an SR5 soon.
    Can you please point to which Internet site offers $30,800 or better? I'd like to use this as a leverage. Thanks!
    Responding to darthron, I went to Bob Howard Toyota in Edmond, OK. for the price quote. I got quotes from 3 other dealerships in the OKC area and just went with the best quote to do business with, I used a particular vehicle for the quotes so that I could get a reference, most dealerships offerred between 16% to 20% off the MSRP, those percentages are with the rebate.
  • mark983mark983 Member Posts: 10
    I received an internet quote for a Limited 4wd in the Houston area with the following options:

Code Description
    AL 20-Inch Alloy Wheels with P275/55
    - R20 Tires
    CK Cold Kit Includes: Windshield Wiper
    - Deicer, Headlamp Cleaner and Heavy Duty
    - Battery
    FE 50 State Emissions
    NV Touch Screen Navigation System with JBL
    - Premium 2-in-1 AM/FM/Four-CD with 14
    - Speakers with Back Up Camera
    PB Power Back Hatch/Door
    RF Rear Spoiler
    RL Daytime Running Lights (DRL) with On/Off
    - Feature
    SR Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof with Sun Shade
    - (Limited)
    WT Window Tint
    XM XM Satellite Radio Receiver Kit
    - Includes:
    - 6 Months Complimentary XM Service
    EI DVD Headrest Entertainment System
    - Includes:
    - Two Top Loading DVD Systems
    - Two Wireless Headphones
    - Security Covers
    - Video / Audio Input / Output Jacks

Code Description
    D0 The Extra Mile Option Package D
    - Molded Dash Applique
    - Glass Break Sensor
    - Body Side Molding
    - Ball Mount
    - Carpet Mat Set
    - Carpeted Floor Mats, including
    - 3rd Row Carpet Mat and Cargo Mat
    - Color Keyed Door Edge Guards
    - Fabric Guard
    - First Aid Kit
    - Custom Tape Stripe
    - No Charge Extra Mile Benefits:
    - Roadside Assistance (3 yrs/36,000 miles)
    - The Extra Mile Service Rewards Program
    - (5 years / 60,000 miles)
    P4 Vehicle Shield Package
    - Lusterizing Sealant
    - Sound Shield
    - Sealant Cleaner
    - Rental Car Assistance

MSRP with all options is $57,827.00
    Quote is for $52500. They said it was $600 over invoice and I would get the 0% for 60month financing.

What do you think? What is a fair price?

Thanks in advance!
    The "GREAT DEAL" is 12K under MSRP - and 8+K under MSRP if you go with Zero Percent Financing (Zero for 60 months is worth 4K give or take...)

Your deal looks HIGH. Keep shopping until you are in the 8K under for Zero or 11-12 for non.
  • mark983mark983 Member Posts: 10
    Thanks xier. We really liked that Sequoia, but we didn't like the price so your reply really helps. The other quotes we got didn't match up with the color combo nor the options we were looking for. We felt those quotes were high as well anyway.

Has anyone received a great deal in Texas or nearby for the 8k under MSRP plus the 0% interest?
  • tfinantfinan Member Posts: 13
    Check that MSRP versus Edmunds since those last two option packages appear to be dealer packages of debatable value vers'us official Toyota options that you can compare dealer to dealer. Therefore the 8/12K off MSRP" numbers are only relevant on the real Toyota MSRP. You could get that off on the car you've shown and still have overpaid.
  • endotoothdocendotoothdoc Member Posts: 8
    Car Man,

I am looking at a fully loaded 2008 Platinum that has been a demo for the region. I am in Southeast. It has approximately 10000 miles on it already. What price would be appropriate for me to negotiate for? The truck has the rear entertainment, cold weather package and tow package. Thank you in advance.

JBR
    I do not think you can use the 12K under MSRP and 8K for zero percent for the "GREAT DEAL" for any range of the vehicle price, what I mean is that I do not believe you can use these numbers as constants, they have to be used as percentages. I believe a base model 2008 Sequoia w/5.7 L 2wd is around $35,750, if one was to take this philosophy, then the vehicle would sell for $23,750, that would mean the sell would be roughly $6,500 below invoice since invoice is probably around $30,250, even domestics are not going this low. I am not disagreeing that the "GREAT DEAL" is not 12K under MSRP but I think this number is applicable to higher end priced vehicle such as the Limted and Platinums because when you get down do it, these higher end models are not mechanically different than an SR5 but has a lot more electronics involved. Electronics and the technology and software development that goes into these electronic upgrades are probably not that costly to Toyota, developing and implementing a new engine design with a new chassis is where the cost of the vehicle comes from and I just don't belive that Toyota is going to undercut that much of the base invoice price of a 5.7L 2wd vehicle, they lose a lot less when they increase the price of an higher end vehicle and take 12K from the MSRP when in fact that high end vehicle is mechanically the same as a base model 5.7L SR5. If you stay with the 12K and lets say the highest end Platinum has a MSRP of $60,000, take 12K from that and you have $48,000, the percentage is 20% off from the MSRP, take that same percentage from the base model of $35,750 and you have a price of $28,600 with a difference of $7,150 from MSRP, that sound a lot more realistic than the $23,750 with the automatic 12K off the MSRP. As the vehicles MSRP increases, then the difference total will increase as such. I would look at percentages more than comparing all vehicles priced differently and setting constants for the whole range of priced vehicles.
    Here is the offer I received for 2008 New SR5 2WD 5.7L from a FL dealer and is tempting to buy this today:

BasePrice: $35,275
    Options added : $3,300
    Total MSRP : 38,575
    Dealer Selling price: $30,000
    Diff : $8,575
    %off on MSRP : 22.2%
    DriveOut: $32,500

Please let me know if this is a good deal or not.
    Sooner -- Good to point this out again (was writen about much earlier in the thread)

12K off has been seen on both Plat's and Limited's - with out the zero financing and 8 to 10 K has been seen with the Zero. This was done all the way back in June and July... Today you are buying a 5 to 6 month OLDER truck so If I were buying today I'd insist on an even better deal.

Unless you are looking for a base SR5 I'd seriously look for a Limited and get your 8 to 10K or 12K off. Not sure what supply looks like at this point but several months back Limited and SR5's were stocked at my dealers.
    Is the $32,500 with 0% or is the $30,000 with 0% or are you not taking 0%, if its $30,000 with 0%, then its a good deal by my opinion.
    I forgot to mention this in my previous post. This is CASH price and I am not talking loan from the dealer.

********************************************************************************-
    Here is the offer I received for 2008 New SR5 2WD 5.7L from a FL dealer and is tempting to buy this today:

BasePrice: $35,275
    Options added : $3,300
    Total MSRP : 38,575
    Dealer Selling price: $30,000
    Diff : $8,575
    %off on MSRP : 22.2%
    DriveOut: $32,500

Please let me know if this is a good deal or not.
    *******************************************************************************
    Since its a cash offer and 2008 is almost over, you might as well offer them 75% of the asking price or the MSRP so that is roughly ~$28,950. You could even argue that since its an SR5 with low options and since most Sequoia buyers are going to be looking for more options than the model you are looking at, of course this implies that this particular model will sit on the lot unless they take this offer,and that 25% of the MSRP is a very fair price, especially since there is not trade-in involved plus its a cash offer. I take it that the $2,500 is tax on the vehicle? I'm not sure how tags/title/tax works in Florida. I do think though that $30,000 is still a good offer, even if they do not take 25% off the MSRP.
  • kwongdkwongd Member Posts: 6
    I am looking for a Sequoia Limited in NYC area. I shopped two dealers in this area and they both quoted around $43K (Invoice - $3000 rebate) for a MSRP 50975 car. It seems like it is a little bit high from what I have seem here. Anybody can share their shopping experience in NYC area? or may be Long Island, NJ area.

Thanks in advance.
    Did you email the internet/fleet managers at dealers in your area to get best price quotes? On 50K msrp you should be closer to 40. Was that price with zero percent?
  • kwongdkwongd Member Posts: 6
    Hi Xier,

The price is cash deal and the price I posted was with the $3000 rebate.

Thanks,
  • snapper4snapper4 Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good deal in Cincy Ohio 4wd Limited Seq Nav Back Up Camera Rear Entertainmnet package.cold weather pck

it would be the $48,811 plus fees of $275 minus the $3,000 customer cash.....a total out the door of $46, 086.

If you use the special APR, $48,811 plus fees and 6.5% tax is $52,274.97 out the door. That price divided by 60 months at 0% is $871.25 a month.
  • clack1clack1 Member Posts: 2
    Looking at a Black 2008 SR5 4WD Sequoia:
    Base: 38500
    Options: 5530
    Total MSRP: 44715.
    Invoice is: 39,300

I live in MA and pay a 5% sales tax. I think the title fees are around $500.

I can purchase the vehicle for $39,600 out the door. With the 3,000 rebate, I write a check for $36,600.

Is this a good deal.

I appreciate any feedback.