Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bread27bread27 Member Posts: 5
    Please see my posting just 4 posts above yours (#6294).

This past weekend I just purchased the exact same car you described - GLS, 4 cylinder automatic, popular equipment package, and cargo & floor mats -- for $16,200 before doc fees & TTL, or about $5,200 under MSRP. Like you, I only qualified for the $3k rebate. And it was a very tough negotiation to get it to that level -- we spent 3-4 hours at the dealership on the first day, ended the negotiation when we couldn't come to an agreement, and then they called us back with the $16.2k offer the next day.

But reading these forums, I agree with the above poster that it seems to depend heavily on your location. I'm in a relatively isolated area, so I assume someone who has more dealers with the car available nearby may be able to get a better deal than we did.

Nevertheless, the car is beautiful and I'm very happy with the deal. With the popular equipment package, the interior truly looks like that of a luxury car.

Let me know if I can be of any other assistance, since we just went through this same process last weekend.
  • mikebztmikebzt Member Posts: 44
    Here in the North East (NY/NJ/CT area) there are more dealers so you have a better chance of getting the car at the price you want. Myself I want a Sonata SE 4cyl
    The price I am offered is $17100 before doc fees & TTL and I only qualify for the 3K off.
    When looking for price I always suggest looking at Fitzmall and see the price for the car that you are looking for. That should be a good ballpark guide.
    $17,300 +tax & title
    Came with Popular Equipment (mats, mud guard, cargo net, etc) Just no bluetooth

Pretty happy with the price. Sure I could have worked a little bit better deal but it was not worth the extra time and effort. Picking up the car Friday and can't wait
  • jbm4jbm4 Member Posts: 5
    Bought in Northern Virginia this week - 4cyl GLS 5 speed, 20 miles on the odo.

$18,790 + $695 freight = $19,485 MSRP
    $12,710 + $695 freight + $395 doc/profit + $600 tax/tags/registration
    $14,400 OTD with 4.39% financing over 60 months
    $3,000 rebate but no loyalty, military etc.

Very happy with the car and the value... the 5 speeds are clearly not in demand.
  • lppenglppeng Member Posts: 5
    Hi mrukz,

I'm a little confused about how much you really paid for 09 Sonata GLS i4 Auto w. pep. You said $17700 at first and then $16700 later. Is it because that the CB increase from $2000 to $3000?

I am also looking for a Sonata GLS i4 Auto w. pep recently, and I am also in MA. Can you tell me from which dealer you bought your car? Thanks a lot :P
  • cstewart27cstewart27 Member Posts: 23
    I'm looking at buying a 2009 Hyundai Sonata GLS this week. Price will drive it all, so I may need to drop back down.

I started out at the dealership looking for a 4-door auto Accent. He, of course, worked us up to Elantra GLS because it got the "Consumer Reports top recommendation due to electronic stability control". We got him down to a price of $1772 for Elantra GLS with power options and moonroof. He was nearly dancing with delight, so I was really hesitant to sign anything although he wasn't very happy about not getting a signature.

Anyway, after going home to research the Elantra GLS Auto , I discovered the GLS does NOT have electronic stability control and $17,722 definitely was pretty high. That explained his ear to ear grin!

To get to electronic stability control in Elantra - I need to get a Elantra SE. Today I've been able to find one each at three different dealers. The second dealer went to $17,500 on a Elantra SE without any hesitation whatsoever - which really made me wonder if that price was pretty much in line with the Sonata why go with the smaller car.

Anyhow, just thought I'd see where I should really negotiate on a 2009 Hyundai Sonata GLS (ESC is standard). I'll probably toss on mudguards and floor mats but stay with the base from there as the Sonata has a lot to offer..

I know there is a $3000 rebate on Sonata, $2000 on Elantra and $1500 on Accent - so please let me know if the $$$ you recommend for negotiating a high and low is before or after any rebate.

Thanks in advance - I'm heading back out tomorrow and hope to have a few responses.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    You can probably get a Sonata GLS with moonroof for less than what they are asking for the Elantra SE. There was a recent sales report of a Sonata SE for around $17,500. $17,500 seems high for the Elantra SE. Also keep in mind that if your local dealers won't deal, there's lots of other dealers within a day's drive of you. I'd check more than 3 dealers if I were you.

Also, other cars in this same general price range with standard ESC are the Jetta S, Impreza, Corolla LE (2010), Forte (2010), and Mazda3i (2010). All are smaller than the Sonata though. Another car worth checking out and probably a little less expensive than the Sonata is the Optima. Even if you like the Sonata best, the Hyundai dealer doesn't have to know that and you can use the pricing on the other cars as leverage.
    I'm a newbie to this forum and it a real eye opener. We haven't bought new since 1997 so I'm totally clueless as what is realistic

We're very willing to go a day's drive to get the best price. If anyone has a dealer they're willing to recommend, please post it.

Also, please let me know if there is already a posting of recommended dealers on the forum somewhere. I haven't found one.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Click on the box up near the top of the page... Dealer Ratings and Reviews.

You can search for dealers in your area, and check out their rating.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Go to Edmunds.com, choose 'New Cars', enter your ZIP Code, then choose 'Price w/ Options'. Scroll down to "Browse by Make" and click on Hyundai, then Sonata, and choose your desired trim level, options and color. That will give you a summary pricing page that includes the MSRP, Invoice and Edmunds True Market Value (TMV) price. It will also have the option (scroll down that page a bit) to request quotes from multiple dealers nearby! It's a good way to start....
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    A Sonata SE which has the stability that you are looking for Can be gotten for $17,100

I say this because I just recently purchased one (yes I love it) and that is the price I paid.

I always suggest checking prices online (fitzmall) which will give you a good round about number for what you should pay.
    I also suggest asking what the Doc Fees are as in some dealerships they are high (250+)
    Mike - Is that $17,100 before or after the $3000 rebate??

Can you provide the dealer name and location??
    $17,100 was after the rebate
    Towne Hyundai in Denville NJ

They have a good reputation for selling cars at reasonable pricing. I actually think I could have gotten them lower but I was not going to waste an effort for perhaps $200

If you have a trade in I suggest you know the price you are anticipating on getting for it and stick to your guns on it. I always find dealers low balling on trade in.

There is also Hackettstown Hyundai which had good pricing adn were not too far from Towne Hyundai...

I actually hate getting out of the car...Thats how much I love it :blush:
  • billwardbillward Member Posts: 154
    He should be grinning ear to ear at that price; before we finally bought our Slate Blue 2009 I4 GLS with Auto, Bluetooth, Floormats, and PEP 1 for about $16700 (total) 6 weeks ago, we were seriously looking at both the SE and Touring Elantras... and BOTH of them with all options were cheaper than what he was quoting you. You can get an all option Sonata GLS (including the Moonroof) for less than that quote, as long as you're going I4. If you go V6, it's still right in that area, maybe a few hundred more, and the Sonata is a nicer car overall.

From Ohio, I would seriously look at Fitzmall... it should be only four hours or so from your home (they're in the D.C. area), and you'll save a bundle. There are a FEW better deals out there, but that's the "standard stick" of a good deal; beat Fitzmall and you got a pretty good deal, more than a few hundred more, and you didn't.
    How does this sound for the automatic base Sonata I4 GLS with no extras except mud guards? It beats everything I'm getting around here, but I'm wondering about PEP . . .

$20,185 msrp
    -$1,937 dealer discount
    $18,348 sale price
    +1019.12 sales tax
    +280.50 title/doc fees
    $19,647.62 gross price
    -3000 rebate

$16,147.62 total amount financed
  • shawnzhangshawnzhang Member Posts: 5
    I got a quote for a 2009 sonata V4 limited w/o navi
    $19400 + TTL (after rebate)
    Is that a good deal? Thanks.
    Your Tax/Tag/Title fees are different than Virginia's and I don't remember the exact amount (I could look it up, but I'm too lazy too right now) before those... but it's not a bad deal. I think you could do a couple hundred dollars less, since I got the PEP and the BlueConnect and Floormats for only a few hundred more.

Regardless, though, look at the deal like this: it's not bad from other people. Is it good to YOU? If you're happy with the deal, and happy with the car, then go for it.

That said, PEP and BlueConnect get two big thumbs up.... I've gotten to the point I can't imagine not having those in the car, as it wouldn't be nearly as "nice" to drive. If you can find a way of swinging them (or even just test driving a car with it to see what PEP offers (not worth setting up Blue Connect just for a test drive)) in your budget, go for it and see for yourself.
    Just got another quote for a V4 limited
    $19,000 + TTL
    It's the lowest one I got so far. Although the dealer documentation fee is $200 higher than others, the total is a little less. I hope the dealer won't play any trick.
    You're right! We like the PEP and the dealer I've found with the best price is willing to upgrade us to a cocoa Sonata that has the PEP for only $400 additional.
    Then congratulations... my wife and I are LOVING our Slate Blue with Camel interior 09 GLS I4 Auto with PEP, BlueConnect, and Floormats. Had it for just about two months now, and my wife loves it more everyday. Her only complaint so far has been she can't hook her brand new MP3 player in... the stereo, for some reason, can't read that particular brand of Sansa Connect players. OTOH, works fine with her old MP3 and with plain old thumbdrives.

My only complaint is directly related to her driving... she calls me on the when she's on the way home in it (works 40 minutes away) while I'm still at work and wants to chat (unlimited Cell Phone minutes), and the BlueConnect very occasionally picks up a little more road noise (which can't be heard in the car). From the driver's point of view, there's no sound iterference, though, and no extraneous noise (I know, as I use BC when I'm in the car, too).
  • ray78ray78 Member Posts: 27
    Hyundai doesn't make a V4.
    I mean 4cylinder
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    What's that? Test drove an '09 GLS on Sunday and not sure it had that option.

The Sandman :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

PEP is just shorthand for Popular Equipment Package 1 (Popular Equipment Package 2 is PEP plus the Sunroof/Moonroof). Popular Equipment Package 1 includes (from the Hyundai Website)
    - Power driver seat
    - Steering wheel audio controls
    - Driver’s lumbar support
    - Automatic light control
    - Trip computer
    - Chrome window belt moldings
    - Woodgrain accents (beige interior)

I've been told that on the Grey Interior, there are Carbon Fiber accents, but I can't verify that. I know that the Woodgrain definitely looks classy with the Beige. As I said, PEP2 includes the "Power tilt-and-slide glass sunroof"; it's quite nice (we have it on our 2003 Sonata GLS V6, which was the midrange car in 2003, between the GL and LX) but my wife has had a habit of leaving open the sunroof on days when it may rain later in the afternoon on the last two cars we've had it in, and it adds $900 to the MSRP. PEP has an MSRP of $650, so we just got PEP. PEP is well worth it, IMO, unless every penny counts, just for the Steering Wheel Audio Controls, Lumbar Support, and Trip Computer alone, the rest is just gravy. The Trip Computer helps my wife know if she can make it "one more day" before having to refill quite nicely.

The only thing that I really miss that should have been in PEP was the Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob, and MAYBE the Solar Control Glass; I'd have paid an extra $300 for those, for sure. They're included in the V6 GLS, but not available at all in the I4 GLS. Our 2003 has them, of course, and they make the "Touch" surfaces so much nicer. We bought an aftermarket leather wrap for our steering wheel, and it's nice, but I would have preferred the factory installed wrap, and that still doesn't cover the shift knob (which looks very nice with the PEP, but doesn't have the Leather "Touch"). However, PEP is the same for the I4 and V6 GLS models, so that may be why those didn't get included; it would have meant a pricing difference between the packages that would expose how much Hyundai really feels the Leather Touch surfaces and Solar Control glass are worth.
  • hum3hum3 Member Posts: 19
    I've been checking on Fitzmall over the past few months, is it my imagination or did the prices go up on the 09?

Second question is does anyone know how to find which dealers are doing clunkers already? I saw a press release that Hundai was advancing money to dealers but I've emailed a few and none seem to know about it. Thanks!
  • mikemartinmikemartin Member Posts: 205
    I can tell you two things with certainty:

1) Prices have gone up substantially on the 2009 Hyundai Sonata, both through reduced incentives, and a base increase in price. The incentives the last year or so, off and on, were as high as $5,000, without special rebates such as college grad or military; now, they're $3,000. That's a huge increase in the price of the car right there.

2) Sonata sales are down significantly (about 37%) versus the same month last year, and I can't help but think it's because of the lower incentives, despite the freshening of the interior.

When comparing the Altima, new Mazda6 and Sonata, the Altima and Mazda6 are only incrementally more expensive when fitted with the same equipment as the Sonata, and when I say incrementally, I'm talking less than a grand.

I predict much larger Sonata incentives in the future, and I had a salesman in Virginia tell me that the Sonata inventories are building rapidly.
    I dunno, the incentives where I am are 3000, don't think it was higher than that this year (unless for loyal owner), so how much could they have raised the price? And why would they do that in the middle (towards the end) of the model year??
    The incentives on the Sonata the last year or so, off and on, were as high as $5,000, without special rebates such as college grad or military; now, they're $3,000. That's a huge increase in the price of the car right there.

If you look at a base GLS or one with the premium package (comfort package?), that essentially taking real prices from about $13k-$14k to $15k-$16k at the low cost, high volume dealers.

Like I said, Hyundai is ever so close to Mazda6 and Altima pricing.
  • newowner10newowner10 Member Posts: 227
    Price going up and rebates going down will help resale value.
    Price going up and rebates going down will help resale value.

That's an interesting theory.

Maybe it's ridiculous, too.

Supply & demand rules all. Honda Accords retain more value than just about any car because they are in demand as used vehicles. Same is true for Lexus RX350s and Acura TLs.

If car makers could simply improve residual values by increasing prices, they'd all be doing it, and they're not.
  • james1982james1982 Member Posts: 73
    Yeah, it looks like the rebates have been scaled back some. But, I would certainly expect a large inventory sell-off as we begin to creep into the fall and need to make room for the new models.

Mike is right in that the circumstances that dictate resale value have nothing to do with the price of a car at initial sale. Hyundais, while in my opinion are great cars for the price, are still looked at with a suspicious eye, whereas Honda and Toyota are able to ride their reputations. This is why Hondas and Toyotas are in demand as used cars, while other cars like the Ford Taurus (for example) are not.

For me, it comes down to the fact that Hyundais are, in my opinion, great buys for the money. Furthermore, since I’m the type of person who buys a car, keeps it for 200,000 miles/10 years, resale is not an issue for me. If I planned on selling my 09 Sonata in 4-5 years, I would have to face the fact that they do not hold a lot of value. But, again, for me it’s a non-issue – I plan on keeping mine until it dies.

Look, we all need to recognize that the whole issue regarding sale price and resale value is all relative. Everything in the world is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. For me, a 2009 Hyundai Sonata was worth $14,500. That’s what I paid. However, that same Sonata is not worth $20,000 to me, and I would never pay that much for that car. A Picasso painting may be worth $1,000,000 to someone, but because I’m not a millionaire, the idea of spending the rest of my life paying for one painting is not my cup of tea. But, I’m sure there are many people in this world who would pay $1,000,000 for it.

The important thing to ask yourself before you buy ANY car is: “How long am I going to keep it?” If the answer is “Until it dies / 10+ years”, then don’t worry about resale vale. Most cars are worth dirt after 10 years anyway. (Please don’t flame me with “Dude! Not true! I sold my 15 year old Acura for $2,000”. I assure you, you’re in the extreme minority.)

The bottom line when buying a car is: 1) Can you afford it? 2) Does it fill your needs? 3) Do you plan on selling the car?
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    Perfectly said...any article is only worth what someone will pay for it and how much value they assign to it. Tried the '09 Sonata last weekend and was very impressed. I had just driven 5 Volvo S40's and thought the Sonata was a more comfortable car actually. Have decided to keep my '06 Civic for the moment and beside the seat issue, it's a great car. Did I pay more for it than a Corolla...a bit more but I saw value in the Civic and did it willingly. Paid only a bit less than my wife's '05 Mazda 3s but Honda's still command a premium as I found out. The M3s is a great car...for the wife, but I still prefer the Civic...and will live with the front seat issue.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• cajun_wiseguycajun_wiseguy Member Posts: 1
    Since reading this board was very helpful thought I would share my buying experience the last few days. I don't consider myself very experienced in buying cars. I just don't buy cars often enough to keep in practice, I know enough to keep it away from msrp, but not enough to get those "wow..thats a great deal" posts. This is fine, I keep my cars until they can't go no more..literally, my old 99 dodge intrepid sits in my driveway as it died a few blocks from the house and got pushed back.

This is in Lafayette, LA with Sterling Hyundai which have been great to work with.

Demo Car with 14,000 miles
    2009 Sonata SE V6 (msrp hard to gauge as no window sticker, but comparable vehicle was little over 25k and it had bluetooth...this car is the same, minus bluetooth, so 24700 ish msrp)

Negotiated price of 20705
    -3000 incentive
    -3500 clunker trade in (old 96 lincoln towncar..barely worth 800, but was insured and legal and was my replacement for the dead intrepid)
    OTD pricing is 15592 financed at 5.3% for 5 years

They did have stock GLS with very little options (no preferred packages) that were OTD of 13800 (ish). (reminder to add 3500 if you don't have a clunker)

Overall, very pleasant dealership and I think I got a decent deal..both sides could walk away happy. Hindsight, yeah..maybe could have worked the mileage a bit more to bring it down to 15000 to 15300. Other dealerships in Louisiana were not coming close to this pricing. Another dealer was at 16,000 without TTL (local tax is 8 to 9 percent) on a comparable demo car, but that was about it.

My wife is a bit freakish about getting a hyundai, she wanted to get a toyota (I had bought her a sienna last year). However, I'm confident she will come around.

I hope this helps someone in looking for their Sonata.
  • sgtgzsgtgz Member Posts: 1
    Sorry if this isn't the right area to post. I'm looking at a 2009 Sonata GLS base model. I know Hyundai is offering 3000 cash back right now, but I'm confused about the price of the vehicle now. I figured the cash back was merely money they are giving you off of MSRP. But, this page on edmunds seems to indicate you can take of off of the negotiated sales price?

As a simple example, say the dealer MSRP is $22,000. I negotiate a sales price of $17,000. Does the $3000 cash back now make the price of the vehicle $14,000?

Sorry for the novice question, but I'm confused how this works and I don't want to overpay for the Sonata! Many thanks in advance!
    Yes, you take the rebate off the price you negotiate with the dealer. But be sure the dealer and you are on the same page, i.e. be clear on whether their offer includes or does not include the rebate. In my experience, the dealer's offer includes any applicable rebates, unless they tell you otherwise.
  • newowner10newowner10 Member Posts: 227
    Let me explain my logic.
    A 2009 Sonata sells for 22K msrp. After rebates I can get it for 18K dealer take 2K more off.. I am looking at a used car 2008 Sonata (assume that the car/model did not change .in 2009. If I can get a new Sonata for 16K the 2008 could not be worth more than 14K (most likely 12K).(New-4K) Now if the 2010 Sonata sells for 23000 with no rebates avalible and the dealer will not take any money off the difference between the 2009 and the 2010 version is 7K therfore the 2009 is worth more compared to the 2010 model. New car 23K used car 19K (new-4K)
    Here's my initial pricing, would like to buy this week the gls with PEP1. I have a friend who bought in jan for about 13,900, -- 15700 otd no PEP package, rebate 3500. I know that is a good deal, so we went back to the same salesman.

My price is 14800 otd, in MD this is about 13000 base price plus 3500 clunker = 16500
    The salesman's price now is about 2600 more than my friends, 500 is the rebate difference, 500 is for the PEP, he says the car now costs 800 more from the factory, and 800 is unexplained.

Could be my friend just got a good deal(but the car had to be brought from another dealer so it wasnt like it was sitting for a while) , but could also be because this is a clunker deal and the salesman is trying to recoup some of that. (When comparing the numbers I took into account the clunker aspect)

Any thoughts are appreciated.
    Just purchased 2009 Sonata I4 Limited: (Boston area)
    -3000 rebate
    -400 college graduate rebate
    Final price: 18600 + TTL
    No Navi system nor bluetooth
    It's the last one in the dealership, fortunately the color is what we want.
    I think it's a pretty good deal.
    I hope it can help others.
    The reason rebates were pared down on most makes is there were production cuts, and a lot of vehicles are being floated on storage lots as creditor and dealer issues get sorted out.

I'm so confident that prices will start falling again when production picks back up and as more stored cars make it into circulation, I'd bet anyone that the same car will be cheaper next year at this time, by a fairly wide margin, than it is now.

Of course, salesmen and dealers will vehemently argue the opposite, but if you check out the articles factually being reported about the massive amounts of cars being stored around the world, and if you assume automakers will have to use the plants they built at some point if they hope to compete and remain in business, when the only way to compete is on price in this market, you no doubt agree with me, and not some salesman hoping to book a sale now.
    In general, that may be true. But this discussion is about the Sonata. By this time next year, the redesigned 2011 Sonata should be out. Depending on the desirability of that car vs. the current design, the price of a new Sonata could very well be higher this time next year than it is now. OTOH, if there are any leftover 2010 Sonatas (or even 2009 Sonatas) available then, they could be a real steal.
    Hey backy.

I found this just now while doing a little research.

"Meanwhile, another automaker with a plant in Alabama, Hyundai, said about 3,000 workers are returning to a full-time work schedule at its Montgomery plant, which makes the Sonata sedan and the Santa Fe SUV, after a months-long production slowdown.

The company is exporting record numbers of vehicles, officials said, and the slowdown in production has created the need to boost inventory despite the recession and sales that remain below 2008 levels.

The return to full-time operations for the rest of July was mostly because of steady demand in the United States and in Canada, said factory spokesman Robert Burns. The plant shipped a record 3,140 Santa Fe SUVs to Canada in June and had total exports of 4,062, the second highest in plant history.

'That is a pretty significant number,' Burns said of the Santa Fe exports.

Hyundai sold 19,098 Montgomery-made models in the U.S. last month, the highest monthly total since August 2008.

While Hyundai is returning to a full-time work schedule, the plant will not be back to full production, at least for July. Burns said plant managers want to produce about 900 vehicles daily, below normal production of 1,000 units."

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20090708/NEWS/907079937/1001?Title=Mercede- s-plant-back-to-five-day-workweek

If anyone here can wait to buy a Santa Fe or Sonata, wait. You'll be far better off for it as production ramps back up and the factory and dealer cash inevitably follow.

;)
    Factory cash on the Sonata is already at an all-time high, for a general rebate. There will be the usual year-end deals of course, and big close-outs on the outgoing design as I noted. So the next few months could be very good for Sonata buyers. Next year at this time? We'll see.
    Late June, a Ford dealer told me that their rebates would be dropping due to the CARS program kicking in. That seemed counter-productive to me and made me lose interest.

Anyway, anyone hearing anything regarding the Hyundai rebates for August? I know we don't have magic balls, just thought maybe a salesman or two might have dropped some hints.

I'm on hold with our Sonata purchase till the last week of the month. Two reasons: 1) Dealer is waiting for CARS details and doesn't want to have to eat any CARS deals that don't meet all of the requirements to be released 7/24 and 2) My company is supposed to announce 1200-1500 more layoffs and I'm hoping I'm not one of them!!!
    I agree that cutting rebates because of CARS is not a good idea. Not that many buyers will qualify for CARS. Still, I can understand the automakers trying to increase their profits after some dismal quarters.
  • geetmalageetmala Member Posts: 17
    I got the following quote today from my local dealer. Looking to see if I can do any better. Thanks for any help with this.

09 Sonata Limited, 4cyl
    Options - Navigation, BluetoothConnect, Floor Mats, Cargo Net

Negotiated price - $22,315
    Freight - $800
    Proc fees - $349
    Tags, title - $202
    Sales Tax - 1,429.14
    Hyundai Rebate - $3,000
    Clunkers Rebate - $3,500
    OTD Price - $18593.14
    Here is what i do not like about your quote.
    1. Most places include freight in the price
    2. Proc fees are crazy high

That being said your Negotiated price should be lower

check out Fitzmall in regards to pricing and you will see that
    Stock #: H550395 which is close to what you have is $21,464 and that includes freight

I think you can do better but that is my .02
  • abagriabagri Member Posts: 11
    What was your "clunker" make & model and how much did they offer for it? Check out its value on kbb.com - dealerships make a lot of money on trade-ins. Agree with mikebzt that the "processing fees" is crazy high.

I got a 09 Limited I4 with Nav, no bluetooth for 21,500 OTD in March (no trade-in). I qualified for a $2000 mfgr rebate and $1500 loyalty rebate.
  • bruce77bruce77 Member Posts: 1
    That's a great price!! You need to remember, you do your job to make a paycheck. These people that sell cars need to make a paycheck as well. I have a friend who works at a dealership and they don't make as much money as you might think. On a deal like you're getting the salesperson that does all your paperwork, cleaning of your car, gasing of your car and great service is probably only making $50 to $100. Put that into perspective, when they probably sell 14 cars per month. That's about $1000 to $1500 a month they make for a 12 hour day 5 days a week.
    That's a great price!! You need to remember, you do your job to make a paycheck. These people that sell cars need to make a paycheck as well. I have a friend who works at a dealership and they don't make as much money as you might think. On a deal like you're getting the salesperson that does all your paperwork, cleaning of your car, gasing of your car and great service is probably only making $50 to $100. Put that into perspective, when they probably sell 14 cars per month. That's about $1000 to $1500 a month they make for a 12 hour day 5 days a week.

Your post is highly irrational from the consumer's point of view.

He should go with the lowest price he can get, regardless of your sentimental feelings for the salesman.

It's called 'capitalism.'
    Here is the best quote I've gotten checking with northeast Ohio dealers as well as talking to a few out of state. Please let me know what you think.

2009 Sonata GLS with popular equipment package and carpeted floor mats

$20735.00 MSRP

$1990.00 Dealer discount

$18745.00 sale price

$1282.16 sales tax (6.75% tax rate)

$250.00 doc fee

30.50 title fee

$20307.66 gross price

$3500 CARS voucher

$3000 rebate

$130807.66 total amount financed

Financing for 60 months @ 4.39% with approved credit