Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who were looking at mid-size vehicles and were choosing between a four and six cylinder engine but chose the four cylinder because of fuel prices or to save money. Please send your daytime phone number and the car you purchased to ctalati@edmunds.com by Monday, July 19, 2010.
    Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• nosynosy Member Posts: 4
    OTD = $18607

Leesburg Toyota, VA. Paul & Jason, tricks and surprises as expected from any dealer, firm pricing but soften up easily when presented with evidence. very smooth talking. very pleasant to talk to, especially Jason, young man with a passion for sports cars. Highly recommended.
  • bearcrkrdbearcrkrd Member Posts: 167
    edited July 2010
    Seattle area, two weeks ago: $21,300 0% 60 Months. I's the base LE Auto, with only floor mats and a rear bumper guard added on the window sticker price. Nothing like some of the prices here, but thought I'd post anyway. Went out for a drive and pie and coffee, stopped by to sit in a Camry and Corolla. Didn't talk price or go for a test drive. The 0% planted the seed, though. Went home and checked Edmunds real quick. Made one phone call, asked what is your bottom line price on a base LE. $21,300 was the answer, $150 below Edmunds price. Went to that dealer, test drove a Corolla then Camry. Camry won, then it was on to the paperwork part. Got body side moldings, but nothing else in add-ons or warranty. I think the Body side moldings and mud flaps should be standard equipment, but whatever... My sister loves it. I wash it on Sunday's. Replaced a 2001 Camry CE 5 sp manual that I had bought new in Summer '01. That's now with my nephew, replacing a '93 Prism, my Sister's last car!
  • wimbimlimwimbimlim Member Posts: 2
    We just purchased a 2011 XLE w/leather, heated seats, NAV, smart key & floor mats for $26,088 + TTL. With 0% & 2 yrs scheduled maintenance, this was the time to pull the trigger. We traded in a 2005 XLE with all the same features except smart key. I have to say this car is a joy to drive. Good pickup for a 4 cyl. and as quiet as a Lexus. I look forward to many years of pleasure driving it!
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    Nice job. What was the msrp? Did it come with XM radio or did you opt not to add that?
  • steven39steven39 Member Posts: 636
    yes,but airtran and southwest do not offer meal service on their flights but that's for another discussion...
  • ed17ed17 Member Posts: 7
    hey, could you please confirm that this is a new 2011 model? also, how did you get them down to 17534? which evidence did you put forth? thanks so much
  • ed17ed17 Member Posts: 7
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    The processing fee's should be added to the cost of the vehicle....that's all dealer profit.

You just leave out the DMV title and licensing charges, and city/county/state taxes. Those vary state to state. That way everyone can compare in an apples to apples comparison.

If a single particular person is doing their own deal evaluation they should use the OTD price.
    hi folks,my local toyota dealership down here in hollywood fla is running a special for online customers.2011 camry base model with auto for $16,788.00. plus TTT and dealer fee's..is this a good price???
    Depends how much the 'dealer fees' are. If 100, yes.
  • namelessmenamelessme Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to the car buying business, but used Edmond's as a guide. I'm curious how the deal I managed stacks up:

2011 Camry LE for $21,300 with 0% financing.

No other fees (besides DMV cost and taxes) and it also includes these accessories: auto-starter, security alarm, alloy wheels, cargo net, and emergency health kit.

The alloy wheels were a freebie, as the only car they had in the color I wanted happened to have alloy wheels. The cost of the extras alone go for about $1500 (I think) so figure I made out okay.
    dealer fee's are 699.00 which i can probably cut down to about 500.00 due to the slow sales and toyota's problems.....
    Any one know what this rear bumper applique is? it's a $60 option or something and not sure what it is.

Also, is $28K out the door (including tax at 6.75%) a good deal on a $31K XLE 6 cylinder?
    It's a clear piece of very thin film, that gets applied across the top of the bumper. It covers the area where when you had the trunk open, that you might drag something across the bumper and scratch it.

My girls have been driving it to school daily, and putting book bags in and out all the time. They haven't scratched any paint yet. Don't have the applique, and I think if one is careful you don't need it.
  • ahalyaaahalyaa Member Posts: 25
    Did not use graduate rebate and guess 6% sales tax for st.louis. Try Luis Fusz.
  • k_yk_y Member Posts: 6
    After approaching many dealerships in the metro Detroit area, I got a 2011 Camry XLE-V6 with value#1 package for $26,950 +other fee (tax+doc fee+title+license plates) and 0% financing for 60 months.

Other dealers in the metro Detroit were quoting higher by $3000 on average.

Any comments if I got a decent price?
    edited July 2010
    what is the Toyota mfg MSRP sticker of the vehicle (to be sure of apples to apples comparison), and how much were the doc fees (added on dealer profit)?
    The MSRP sticker on the vehicle is 30,605 and was sold for $26,950.
    The doc fee is $190.
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    Looks like you got a very good price. Compare with www.truecar.com
    edited July 2010
    Yep, very reasonable deal.

MSRP 31685

Here's a comp, about 1K higher MSRP, and about 200 higher in price to consumer.....as compared to your deal. Your doc fee is reasonable as well at 190.

So you didn't get 'taken', which is what I think most people really care about.

Prices vary competitively by geographic area.
    Thanks for all your responses. It's a relief to know that I have got a decent deal.
    Who was your dealer?
  • tjolkotjolko Member Posts: 13
    I want to thank you for the information on your buying experience with Jim Barkley Toyota in Asheville, NC. I live in Charlotte (130 miles from Asheville) and was initially just looking at dealers in a 90 mile radius of home. The folks at Jim Barkley were the easiest to deal with (they listed their no-haggle price for each car on their website) and they had the lowest prices, by far (also don't charge a doc fee). I saved over $2,000 vs the local Charlotte dealers. At first, I was a little skeptical that they were the real deal, but the car was ready and we were out the door within 30 minutes of our arrival.....I am a VERY satisfied customer.
  • tjolkotjolko Member Posts: 13
    Forgot to give details of price paid on July 29th purchase from Jim Barkley Toyota in Ashville, NC: 2011 Toyota LE 4cyl auto, mats, upgraded radio w/bluetooth and Ipod, and LE extra value pkg 16" 7 spoke alloy wheels.
    MSRP: $23, 789
    Discount: $4,901
    Price before Tax/tag:$18,888
    Tax (3%): $566.64
    Tag: $68
    Total Out-the-door: $19,522.64 (There was no doc fee!!!!)
  • binodbinod Member Posts: 4
    Hi Guys,
    I am getting a toyota camry SE V6 with leather interior for 27000 dollars OTD. Is it really good deal? They are offering me 0% Apr for 60 months. Thanks.
    Hard to say...

Whats the msrp?
    Does the $27000 include taxes/doc fees, etc.? If so, what did you pay not including these fees?
    Hi,
    The MSRP price says $29,840 with sport leather package. I have not bought it yet but he said OTD price will be $27000.Thanks
    ok-- I am assuming that is including taxes and doc fees, etc. What's your tax rate? Any knowledge of the doc or other fees?
    I am in NJ. Tax rate is 7%. Everything is included in the price. I do not if is really a good deal.
    assuming the msrp wasn't hiked to include dealer add-ons like leather protection, and assuming your fees other than tax was $300 or so, it appears they're offering car at 83% of the MSRP. To my way of thinking, that's a great deal.
  • scruffsterscruffster Member Posts: 12
    I also live in the same area, mind sharing? thanks!
    Any one know what exterior color would allow the tan or beige leather interior/dash choice? Most interior colors seem to the ash/gray. I'm trying to decide what my limitws are as far as exterior color so that I can get the tan interior.
  • cc62966cc62966 Member Posts: 30
    I had the same problem: wanted the beige interior, which serious limits the available exterior colors. I ended up with a white car, but gold/champaign, Barcelona red also comes with the beige interior. I did in fact see a blue car with a beige interior as well. Good Luck!
  • mark201008mark201008 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    Camry LE with floor mats. MSRP $23,060

drove 6 hours to pick this up as our local dealers wouldn't go below $19,500 after college grad rebate.

16,983 including dealer fee, excludes state tax/title/reg fee
    includes $1000 toyota college grad rebate, 17983 before rebate
  • chicagocamrychicagocamry Member Posts: 29
    Where was this?
    just got a internet price quote for a 2011 camry base model with auto and floor mats for $16,788.00....
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    If you don't mind...which dealer???
  • auto_researchauto_research Member Posts: 4
    It sounds like a very good price. Does the price inclued dealership fees, destination, handling fees and etc.?
    Also do you mind sharing the dealership name and the location?
    edited August 2010
    price is $16,788.00 plus dealer fee's of 699.00 which i got cut down to 499.00 plus TTT and the dealer is hollywood toyota in hollywood,fla......however,this deal is on hold for the moment because i recieved another quote from another dealer for a 2011 hyundai sonata for $18,000.00 and is a whole lot of more car than the camry is so i'll have to research the two and see what i can come up with....i'll keep you posted.....
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    Go with the Sonata. We bought our kid an Accent from Coconut Creek Hyundai, we live right across the street, and had a pretty good buying experience. Checked out the new Sonata last week and it's a lot of car for the money. Having had a few Camry's as rentals, think the Sonata is a better looking car overall inside and out. Something about it says fresh while the Camry looks like an older persons car, eventhough the Camry is a nice ride.
    Hyundai has finally come of age with fresh designs and much improved reliability which would make it the logical choice. Good luck with whatever you choose. You seem to have bought a few cars over the last few years...is there a special reason as to why? Would love to try something a bit different eventhough I'm very pleased with my Civic. $ is holding me back though plus I drive about 7k per year which will go down drastically when I retire in the next few months. Just not logical to buy something new at this point in time!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

sandman,you are correct yes i have been through 2 cars in the last 3 years.1 was totaled in a accident and the civic i had got stolen and was never recovered.thank god for auto insurance..
    Has any one added the remote start if the camry didn't come with it? does it work seamlessly or is it obvious it was an add-on?
    Damn...sorry to hear that. Bet you live somewhat near us...we're in Coral Springs. Did your insurance pay you full price to replace the Civic? So what cars do we have now?

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Excellent
    Draper Toyota in Saginaw, MI
  • wimbimlimwimbimlim Member Posts: 2
    MSRP was around 29K, but Edmunds had invoice at about $26,400, so I was satisfied. Especially because of the 0% financing. That's like using layaway but getting to drive it before it's paid off!
    XM comes with a 90 day trial; after that, you pay. We'll probably let our run out unless we get a deal.
  • camryse2011camryse2011 Member Posts: 2
    Just Purchase this Camry SE W/MOONROOF & REAR SPOILER VP and Leather from Capitol Toyota in San Jose, CA: Did I do OK?

Invoice: 22,960
    Price: 22,023.95
    Leather Option: 1200.00
    Plus TTL
    Total: 25810.00 OTD
  • mohedmohed Member Posts: 1
    Purchased on 8/2/10
    Trim: LE 4cyl-4dr automatic trans
    Option: LE Extra Value Package (alloy wheels)
    Accessories: Carpet Floor Mats
    Delivery Fee: $760
    MSRP including delivery: $23,235
    Price (without $1000 rebate): $20,600 (I selected 0% APR Toyota financing).
    Tax: $1,359
    License: $322
    Doc Fee: $75
    Total Cash Delivered Price (OTD): $22,356
    Our daughter got a trial XM subscription with her new Hyundai Accent but let it run out and the last call I got was for her to pay $3.99/month...a killer deal but she declined. Do nothing and I'd bet towards the end there, you'll score the same or similar deal. My next car will definitely have it...it's that good...but I'll use the same strategy. The sales folk seem to have the authority to offer a ridiculously low mothly fee. Just be patient!