Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G35 Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• Options
    g35mcg35mc Member Posts: 9
    Thank you very much Pat, I appreciate the pics! At first glance they don't look too bad actually, but I think I'd prefer the car without them, but who knows maybe they will grow on me as I don't want to be ripping up my brand new baby minutes after its arrival =). Up here in the Bay Area where I am from usually the roads are quite dry and mud free, especially this year (so far)! I'll probably talk to my local dealer about them if they bother me when I bring it in.

As this is my first purchase/lease of a brand new car (been driving a hand-me-down for the past 8 years) and I'm still a young professional(24), I didn't have the option to have a car custom built for me as I would have liked. I jumped on this car as soon as the info was faxed to me as it was the nearest fit to what I wanted. They are shipping it up from Los Angeles this week and should be here Friday!
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I don't need new tires now...but I just wonder if I can do this when I need a new set of tires:

The current tire for this car is 225/55/17.

can I replace this tire with a: 225/50/17 or even 225/45/17 being that this is an AWD?

Can I use the existing rim w/ the new tires?

Thanks.
  • Options
    ddpackddpack Member Posts: 2
    I have an 06 G35X. I have been wearing 235/50/17's on Motegi Racing wheels and have had great luck. I wouldn't be concerned about a 225 series tire on the stock rim.
  • Options
    sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 27
    I am hoping that someone can help here. I am looking for a couple of things:

1. Excellent detailer in NY/NJ area
    2. What is a good quality car cover for this 2006 g35x model? how much should i spend?
    3. I want a wind shield/guard/protector. Should I get it from the dealer?

any suggestions is greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    alanrosemanalanroseman Member Posts: 23
    Anyone know of optional equipment to replace the ash tray?

Most manufacturers are offering something other than an ash tray jammed into your center post these days.

An arm to hold my treo would be nice....
  • Options
    esfoadesfoad Member Posts: 210
    I use Salerno-Duane Infiniti in Denville, NJ. Good pricing and a great service department.
  • Options
    scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    Here's a custom Sirius Radio done by Tweeter Sound.
    They used the Ash Tray for the head unit location.
    I'm considering it myself...

Ash Tray Sat Radio Install
  • Options
    esfoadesfoad Member Posts: 210
    That looks GREAT!
  • Options
    Yeah, he said that Tweeter did the whole install for like $200- (plus cost of unit)

I have an Acura MDX which came with XM, so I have a Sirius Sportster tucked into the driver's side windshield/dash area.
    It looks nice, but I can't disrespect my new G with that same install.

I'm liking this, and will be swinging by Tweeter to discuss, once my baby comes in..... 2 of the longest weeks of my life :cry:
  • Options
    sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 27
    thnaks....i'll check it out!
  • Options
    Hello All,

I have a 2007 G35X. Love it.
    I can't help notice that there's a vifeo input along with the LR audio inputs located in the console.

Also, when you select AUX on the audio system the screen says "Wide Screen Mode" The dealer tells me I can't send a video signal from the video input to the screen. Why not? Where does the input go? Why does the display read "wide screen mode"??

Anyone have any ideas??
  • Options
    bobzgbobzg Member Posts: 6
    You can send video. You can hook up a portable dvd player or other video device. HOWEVER, video will only show when the e-brake is on or the car is going less than 5 mph. Certain nav features are the same way.
  • Options
    Ahhh Thanks,

I thought so. I've only had the car since Saturday, and haven't had too many chances to investigate the features.

Left it at the dealership today for aftermarket wood dash trim (do I miss my Jag?) they botched the job up and I still have the dealership loaner, a 2005 G35X.

Sort of mice to get a chance to drive the legacy vehicle to mine.

Thanks again
  • Options
    That's funny... cause my salesman told me the same thing, that you cannot send video to the screen.
    I informed him otherwise, but I'm not sure he believed me.

I should bring my IPod and cable with me for delivery to prove it to him. :P
  • Options
    bs55bs55 Member Posts: 15
    Getting a clear bra on my new g35 soon. Didnt get any added protection from the dealer. Should i go to a detail shop to get a paint sealer or wax done on it before the clear bra is installed.

Or is the clear coat that came with the car enough?

Or should i get the sealant and wax be done after the clear bra so that there is wax on the clear bra?

Thanks
  • Options
    I would assume that a hack will be available shortly allowing video to the screen while underway.

It would be nice for the passenger to be able to view a dvd while on a long highway drive, at the very least it would be a cool hack.

Alan
  • Options
    kring5kring5 Member Posts: 144
    Don't have the car waxed or protected, when they install the clear bra they strip everything off anyway. the Bra needs to go on over clean paint.
  • Options
    kring5kring5 Member Posts: 144
    There won't be a hack. the system is too integrated. The service manual is out and it's not doable via wire configuration. The only way a hack could be made is to make a new software package, firmware, ECU flash for the G, I don't think anyone has the time to do this. The car is built like an application, you'd need to rewrite the code and the chances of someone with this expertise buying a G35 are probably slim.
  • Options
    99rams99rams Member Posts: 19
    For the 07 Sedan’s Does anyone have any ideas of a exhaust I could have install that would give the car the sound that the stock G coupe’s give off? Every time I hear a coupe drive by I fall in love with that sound.
  • Options
  • Options
    triple_7triple_7 Member Posts: 63
    I know some have mentioned it here but dont think there has been any feedback regarding the product. has anyone got the ceramic tint on their cars? It's supposed not block radio and gps signals. cant seem to find many shops that use it regularly in my area and runs about twice as much as a regular tint job. a web search has not really produced useful information.

any feedback would be appreciated.
  • Options
    zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    I recently had cermanic tint installed on my G35; maker is Huper Optik and it's advertised as a German manufactured nano ceramic film (see: http://www.huperoptikusa.com/products_ceramic.cfm) for more info. It was recommended by a nearby tint shop which specializes in high end cars (Porsche, Ferarri, etc) - heat reduction is absolutely amazing, far more than any other films on previously owned cars.

They also installed a clear bra on the entire front end + covered headlights & mirrors - product used was Venture Shield...again, highly recommended over 3M. This is the 2nd car I've had covered with Venture Shield and am totally pleased with the results.
  • Options
    Zeke, since you've had this done, can you share with us what we can expect to spend on a Ceramic Tint job?
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    There's a problem with your link - the posting software included your closing paren in the link itself which breaks it.

This one works: http://www.huperoptikusa.com/products_ceramic.cfm.

I've learned the hard way that if you have any sort of punctuation you want included at the end of a link - like that period I just put there - you need to add it using Edit, don't start with it there. :)
  • Options
    zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    I got a serious discount from the shop since I am a repeat customer + I got the front end done at the same time for the clear bra. The clear bra which covered the hood, front fenders & bumper, door mirrors and fog lights ran $550. I originally chose another brand of tint for the windows; when I returned to get the car, the owner had gotten a roll of the Huper Optik tint to try out (to possibly start selling) and I became the "guinea pig". He installed it instead of the chosen tint at the originally agreed upon price of $130. However, he said that if he begins to carry it, the same job would probably run $450 since it's imported and the superior material. He wanted me to give him my thoughts about the quality and performance of it. He told me that since it's so thick it could take up to 2 weeks for it to completely dry, although windows could be rolled down 3 days later. It's now about 10 days and all bubble-like blemishes have disappeared.

The heat reduction is incredible and there is zero interference with Nav/radio/XM. I'm happy with it, as well as the "deal" I got.
  • Options
    I looked around on the web some more and called around some tint shops. found one that carried the huper optik. its supposed to be very thick and can take a long time to completely dry. They indicated that their tint is cut out by a machine that cuts out the patterns based on the input placed into the machine by make and model. they only carried four shades- 30, 40 ,50 ,and 60. 30 being the darkest which would be the equal to a medium to dark classic tint. They charged 495 tax included and provided the lifetime guarantee given by the manufacture. they also added that they provided a one window replacement for accidental scratch or rip caused by ones own fault.

the other shop provided ceramic tint but it was not huper optik. it was of Johnson make. :surprise: I guess there are many types of makers but according to my research thus far, the first is to be the superior.

will keep you posted as I expand my search to calling tint shops in my area and stopping by to get some samples and take a look at their displays.
  • Options
    Yes, I know it might seem weird replying to my own post,but wanted to give an update regarding tint. I've been busy and have not got a chance to drive to tint shops in the area, but was able to find a web site- Tintdude.com appears to be very informative regarding what to look for when getting tint on your car. It provides tips and explains the different types of tint available on the market and links to other sites.

With summer just around the corner Im sold on the huper optik and need to get it soon. It seems like its going to be a hot summer.
  • Options
    yaeger1yaeger1 Member Posts: 10
    I got a 5 window (sedan) ceramic tint for around $235 (incl tax) in Los Angeles. Its suppose to have 99% UV protection and around 7-9% cooler temp inside. The owner mentioned about the non-metallic not interfering with GPS but wasn't really convinced. I got it because of the UV protection.

I don't have the brand names, but there is another tint technology that even without a dark hue, it can bounce off most heat. The cabin stays cool. A buddy of mine checked it out and was amazed. This one ran around $400. I'll try to post if I get the brand name. My car's leased so didn't want to invest that much. ^^
  • Options
    $400?
    Sounds like Huper Optik. ;)
  • Options
    sergeffsergeff Member Posts: 16
    Anybody knows Clear Bra installer in New York City area or in New Jersey?
  • Options
    sergeffsergeff Member Posts: 16
    Please let me know.
  • Options
  • Options
    acuraavyacuraavy Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone found body side molding for the '07 G35 Sedan? I see that you can buy it for the Coupe, but not the sedan.
  • Options
    No, and I personally think the wonderful lines of the G would be ruined with side trim.

It does a lousy job of protecting from dings as well.

I prefer parking in the last spot in the back corner of a lot and walking.
    If I'm really concerned, I wrap the entire car in bubble wrap! :P
  • Options
    acuraavyacuraavy Member Posts: 4
    You're right about the G having wonderful lines, but there are a lot of times that you are forced to park next to someone and a lot of people don't care that they ding your door. . .ultimately ruining the wonderful lines of the G. It's a shame, but I want my G protected from idiots. I put them on my MDX and it's saved the side of my car a lot.
  • Options
    We have very similar garages!!!
    I have the 07 G35 and an 06 Acura MDX for the wife.

I've considered the trim for the MDX but I've noticed that it only saves you if the offending door hits at just the right height.
    I offered the wife to have them installed, but she doesn't like the look any more than I do.

I do wish people practiced a little caution with their cars and other people's property.
    Meat-heads behind the wheel are the reason I sold my motorcycle and never got another. :cry:
  • Options
    r6chickr6chick Member Posts: 2
    Have you found out anymore information about the armrests? I also have the 03 g35 coupe and would like to install the armrests, or even a console that has cup holders in it.
  • Options
    r6chickr6chick Member Posts: 2
    I have an 03 G35 Coupe, and realized that the cd player doesn't play MP3's....does anyone know if I can replace the cd player with one that will play mp3's?? Thanks for any help. :)
  • Options
    Have a look at this discussion: G35 Audio Questions. :)
  • Options
    g4meg4me Member Posts: 4
    I live in the inland empire area (Riverside, Sberdo..blech, etc.). Anyone have a recommended Clear bra installer?

I just got my g35 Journey in black two days ago and want to know how to keep the paint protected and looking best.

Best to go with clear bra followed up with Zaino and NOT dealer protection plan?
    thanks!!!
  • Options
    Best to go with clear bra followed up with Zaino and NOT dealer protection plan?

Abso-Fricken-Lutely! :shades:
  • Options
    g4meg4me Member Posts: 4
    thanks! you're funny and have fun to read posts.
    have a good weekend!
  • Options
    shov8shov8 Member Posts: 87
    Hi all. I'm thinking of getting a Garnet Ember G35 and possibly adding the "clear bra" (3M most likely) shield. My question is for those of you who have this already, is it visible? I have a friend with a dark reddish/copper (hard color to describe) Lexus SC400 and you can clearly see the line across his hood. Of course, he hardly ever washes (and probably never waxes) his car so he might not be the best representation. I have an S2000 that I baby with Zaino and I plan to so the same with the G35. The S2000 doesn't have the clear bra but it does have some nice rock chips, especially on the lower bumper area (3+ years in Atlanta will do that). Thoughts? Thanks,

kc
  • Options
    It's more visible on darker colors.
    I have a Blue Slate G and it is visible, but only at certain angles and when within 3 feet of the car.

Keep it clean and it's very close to invisible.
    I don't suggest leaving the lot without it.
  • Options
    2007, Black on black G35x.

Are you guys saying someone has made better arm rests for the G35? And accessory cup holders?
  • Options
    jennmajennma Member Posts: 40
    Can anyone tell me how much this costs for installation? Early on last month, when visiting dealers, 1 car I drove had this (on a 2007 G35 Coupe) and the price of $850-1000 was mentioned. My initial reaction was that it was expensive.

After thinking about it, I am now considering having this done, and want to know what I'd really expect to pay. After all that was the same dealer that offered me his "best price" of $400 below MSRP, so I was inclined to think most stuff they said was questionable. :P
  • Options
    smartbotsmartbot Member Posts: 4
    I am thinking about adding Sirius radio to my G (using the OEM kit from g35parts.com). My only concern is about the reception. Will I be able to get good reception if I just place the antenna inside (near the Bose speakers) or possibly on the windshield?

I didn't want to place the antenna on the trunk and I wasn't sure how complicated the roof install would be. Any opinions? Is it worth it to put the antenna on the roof? Does anyone have pictures of the roof install?

Also, have any of you guys attempted to install the "shark fin" antenna? I wasn't sure if this was possible.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    My dealer has a 3M certified installed on staff and they wanted $795 for the Hood, Fender, Mirror package.

I called several local shops and was only able to save about $100-... so I opted to go with the dealer.
    After explaining to the dealer my other options from local shops, they offered me the extended front coverage package for $695-.
    This is the extended hood, front fender, entire front bumper, including the lower spoilers, and the front side of the mirrors.
    I had the work done before I took delivery so there were no chances of damage between delivery and the work being done.

Dealer did an awesome job and I'm very happy with it.
  • Options
    g35floodedg35flooded Member Posts: 44
    Which G35 do you have? I had the sirius radio in my 03 coupe and I placed the antenna by my windsheild. The service wasn't to good. A friend of mine has it on his trunk but it looks horrible. He has a P.O.S car so he doesn't care lol.

I just got the 07 4 door and the serivce is def. better with the antenna in the "fin" compartment. Plus having the channels on the display rather than the roadster is a lot easier to navigate. Hope that helps you out with your decision.
  • Options
    I have the dealer installed XM with the standard shark fin on the roof.
    I also wanted to reinstall my Sirius Sportster into the G as well, but didn't want another antenna outside.

I placed the head unit in my console so it's hidden.
    I then ran the antenna wire under the rear floor mat, around the rear seat, and the antenna sits in the rear window, next to the center brake light.
    It's held in place with a small piece of double stick tape so it doesn't slide around and reception is very good... much better than expected, and no worse than having it on my roof.

Nice clean install and you'd never know it's even there.
This discussion has been closed.