Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G35 Accessories and Modifications

1234568»

Comments

• vik_kidvik_kid Member Posts: 22
    I’m now a proud owner of a 2008 G35XS. This is where I shift the gear from car buying to the more exhilarating car modding gear. If I do end up with some mods, it would be my first time, so I can use all the help I can get … here’s my wishlist.
    1. I used to own a coupe and loved the roar of the engine... so my first mod should be something that gives a deeper tone to the engine's voice. What should I do to achieve this?

2. A more aggressive hood. Perhaps just an add-on hood scoop? My fear though is that it might interfere with the dynamics of the car... I’m even open to replacing the entire hood if necessary, but again will it affect the dynamics/handling of the car otherwise?

3. This baby has great bucket seats, really neat graphite leather. But lately I’ve been craving for a red/black combo sport seat... Initially I was thinking of seat covers, but then what happens to the perforations, the seat heater and all.... SO now I'm lost, is there anything I could do, short of replacing the seats, to get a dash of red on my cars interior(seats, steering wheel etc..)?

4. I love the styling of the coupe headlight(as well as the taillights) any way for me to get these swapped?? Has anybody been crazy enough to have any such mods done?

Id love to hear from you guys. I love the car, the acceleration, the supreme handling and all... but I still think it doesn’t look aggressive enough. Please let me know what you think of my wishlist items. If anybody has any pics of their mods(appearance), I'd be thrilled to take a peek.
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    Sounds like you bought the wrong car.
    If you wanted aggressiveness, why didn't you go with the G37S? Personally, I think trying to mod the G35 with the changes you suggest (red on seats/steering wheel??) would cheapen the look. Thankfully you didn't mention foam dice hanging from the mirror! :)
    Z
  • loudog2loudog2 Member Posts: 83
    Anyone have any pictures of a 2007-08 g35 sedan with 19 or 20 inch rims. I have the stock 18's on my 2008. I'm thinking about new rims. I just wanted to see what the bigger size looks like.
  • scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    You could spend hours here... Have a blast...
    http://g35driver.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=151
  • sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 27
    Hi guys,

Can anyone advise me as to how to get a quality paint job for my 06 g35x?

A contractor is performing some capital improvement work on the buildings in the development I live in. Cement and some type of hypoxy has splattered all over my car. It looks as though a paint job is needed.

I intend to hold the contractor responsible for the cost to do this. However, I am concerned that they will try to force me to get the car buffed, rather than re-painted.

In any event - I would love to get some quality advise from the community out here, as to what my best course of action is.

thank you.
  • ddpackddpack Member Posts: 2
    I have been in the construction business for many years. I would go to the most expensive paint shop in town and make sure that what you have is epoxy. It sounds a little unusual to me for you to get concrete and epoxy at the same time on the same day. I would do anything you can to eliminate repainting your rig, a repaint will devalue your vehicle............good luck
  • sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 27
    thanks for the info.

why would a new factory quality paint job devalue the car? i've already spoken with Infiniti and have got good recommendations for paint that is a higher quality than the factory paint?

I'm just curious...I never understood why aftermarket improvements (true improvements and not alterations) would devalue it. Once the 07 came out, my car dropped in value anyhow. I only have 13k miles on it.

Thanks again...

The Fan
  • g2memphisg2memphis Member Posts: 17
    I have the same 'problem' with my 2008 Infiniti G35 ... it came from the factory with the ashtray/lighter package. I have read online where the newer Nissan Maximas come with a felt lined storage 'slot/bin' instead. I would pay dearly for the privelege to substitute my tray/lighter combo for a storage retrofit for my CCW. Does anyone have any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.