Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    hpgatorhpgator Member Posts: 39
    Yes, its a state tax situation. Lexus is giving 1.9%, but Infiniti next door is giving 0%. I assume that's a savings of at least $2,200 or so on a $35,800 invoice price. I've never done a lease before so I'm not exactly sure what to expect with prices and such.

What should I expect for a 2 yr/ 15k mile lease with no money down if you do the invoice price above with the no sales tax special?
  • Options
    moss3moss3 Member Posts: 3
    Car Man

When I try to check the number from the dealer I come up with something different.

G35x with prem. Pak. and splash guards. No money down 1st payment due at signing. 39mo lease MF 0.00123 15k miles and they report the residual to be 22021.75 or 59%.

MSRP 37365 it may have been slightly higher for the splash guards.
    Gross Cap Cost 34216 + acq. fee 595 + doc fee 199 - 500 for infinity loyalty = 345006

Hope I have given all the info you need to help.

My questions are
    Is that the right MF for the 39mo lease.
    They come up with a payment of 422.99 before tax. When I do use a lease calculator I come up with a lower payment. I may be doing something wrong. Does this sound like a good deal.
    Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    erving6erving6 Member Posts: 16
    Went to a Phoenix dealer this week but could not come to terms. They were not even close to what I wanted on my trade and were also thousands above invoice on their car.

I walked and am now re-considering the G. The poor MPG, concerns about the sport package wheels being a different size and an extra $1800 bucks for navigation are pointing me towards the Acura TL type S.

Still undecided as I have concerns about the Acura as well. Back to the drawing board.
  • Options
    waltazwaltaz Member Posts: 163
    What dealer? I bought a G35 Journey with Premium from Pinnacle last weekend, including a trade-in, and was thrilled with the deal. And am THRILLED with the car.
  • Options
    Peoria Infiniti - I may have been able to get the deal I wanted but was not willing to spend 5 hours haggling.. In just 1 hour my total deal improved by $4,000 but from their initial offer of sticker price plus a super low trade, it still was no where near close to what I wanted.

They called me 5 minutes after I left trying to get me back but I did not have my phone on and probably would not have gone back anyway.

Great to hear you love your G and I am sure I would have loved mine as well. Just having some second thoughts about it may be more performance than I really would use.

How is your first week gas mileage doing?

Thanks
    Randy
  • Options
    Gas mileage is low, but I haven't had to fill it up yet, and haven't really been watching it. I'm discounting the numbers through the break-in period, not to mention my playing around with the car, acceleration, etc.

Did you start with the fleet/internet guys? I can't see any of them starting at the ridiculous sticker price. I was happy with $200 over invoice + the dealer doc fee + $200 to cover their cost on their $1995 add-on package.

If you want, I can give you a name at Pinnacle. I also had superb offers from Infiniti of Scottsdale and Superstition Springs, but didn't go to them to close it.
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    They called me 5 minutes after I left trying to get me back but I did not have my phone on and probably would not have gone back anyway.

Wow, here in Philly, Infiniti dealers (4) never tried to call me back after I left. They try to act that they're diff. from other dealers, Nissan, Toyota, and Honda.
  • Options
    Yes I did start with the fleet dept. but they would never give me any numbers until I actually showed up. Maybe I look like I have absolutely no clue because their first offer was actually over sticker with all of their add-ons.

I have a couple of contacts at Pinnacle as I did a test drive with them last month. I may stop by and see if I can get a loaner vehicle to take out for the afternoon for more of an extended test drive.

I can't buy a new driver without taking it out to the golf course and I can't buy a new car without putting it to my daily commute.. I must be crazy.....
  • Options
    prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    Waltaz,
    I think I had asked you this question, previously. What did you get for $1995 add on and did you pay $2195 ($1995 + $200) or it was just $200 for the add-on?
    Praz
  • Options
    I think I answered previously that I don't really know - tint, wheel locks, nitrogen, etc. They add on $1995 for that, PLUS another $297 for the Zaktek paint protection.

I told them I'd give them $200 for all of the above, including the separate line item for Zaktek, to basically cover the cost of the tint. Which I think is fair. They had to white-out the $297 for the Zaktek on the order form, since they have it "hard-coded" in.

My total above invoice was $400 - $200 above invoice for my offer, and $200 for the $2,292 in add-ons. I didn't argue with the additional $395 dealer doc fee, so that was also extra.
  • Options
    Yep I was called on the phone practically before I even got out of the parking lot. I guess they don't believe you are going to leave until you actually do.
  • Options
    dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Randy,

This is 2008 and you are still car shopping like it is the 70's or something :D. I have never, ever spent hours haggling for a deal and as the years pass I spend WAY less time than I did before. The only thing you need to do in a dealership is test drive, inspect your new car, and sign the paperwork. You should work with the "Internet" or "fleet" sales folks over the Internet / e-mail or perhaps over the phone. Get all your numbers worked out, except a final number on a trade, before you ever step foot in a dealership. Doing it the old fashioned way just wastes your time and rarely results in a happy experience.

If you have driven the car and like it and know what options you want, then continue your "shopping" from your house and only go to a dealership once you have good numbers already set up.

The TL is a nice car, but it is FWD. If I wanted a FWD car I could have saved a lot of money and just picked up an Accord. The good news is sales are terrible at Acura and a new TL is coming soon, so if you can stomach the FWD you should be able to get a great deal on a purchase or lease. If you just wanted onto the lot with your trade and spend hours haggling with the Acura folks you may be just as disappointed with them as you are with your G shopping experience. Go online man :D !

Dennis
  • Options
    sonny03sonny03 Member Posts: 3
    I can share my views. I usually use the original oil and filter for the break-in period (1,200 mile for my 08 G37) and change oil and filter to Mobil 1 and a premium filter. (Oil filters are another story. I ordered three Nissan filters from Infiniti Parts on-line and was disappointed in their workmanship, and will not use them). My thinking is that this original oil and filter remove initial sticks and stones remaining from the manufacturing process.

I am not an expert on synthetics verses regular oil but there are experts that can argue the benefits (search on-line). I have used Mobil 1 in all my cars since the late 1960’s and never had any engine problems what so ever. The difference in cost to me worth the possible benefit.
  • Options
    prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    Thanks
  • Options
    Dennis,
    I appreciate all your great info and you are correct on the internet purchase. That is the only way it should be done and is how I did the last deal for my wife's car. The problem for me is here in Az the only Infiniti dealer who has the car I want would not give me any numbers w/out coming in.

I wanted to check out the car myself to make sure it had low miles and all the correct equip.

I expected to haggle a bit and after seeing Waltaz's deal figured I could get a similar deal in a short amount of time. Not so and after 1 hour I walked. I stood firm at 34K which is about invoice for a Journey/sport/premium. I probably could have gotten that deal but I also had a trade which they will not give you a number unless they inspect the vehicle.

I have learned my lesson and now if the dealer will not give me a price then I will just use some other dealer who will trade the car and buy it from them.

My dilemma now is I am not sure if the G is really for me instead of the TL type S. The front wheel drive does not bother me as I do not drive the car even close to 90% and the low MPG and high maint tires on the G sport are a concern.

Thanks again for all your help and like I said, I am back to the drawing board trying to decide which car is the one for me..
    Randy
  • Options
    Hey Randy...we looked at the TL, but the G blows it away. I mean, crushes it. My wife had an '04 Accord, and it was basically an Acura Accord. If you want to look at the TL, then look at the new Acccord, which is pretty sweet.

But get the G, dude...! Try Superstition Springs or Infiniti of Scottsdale.
    Walt
  • Options
    Contact a good dealer and get a good price, then get them to get the car you want from the dealer that does not give out good prices :D .

Dennis
  • Options
    max8085max8085 Member Posts: 13
    So after all the headache ...and THANKS TO ALL of the POSTS HERE I got my car

2008 g35xS Fully loaded with Nav and TECH

499/mo 24/ 12k IFS lease 544 due at signing

MSRP : 41475
    My lease purchase price 37000 roughly ( I have it on my contract )

And have every option I wanted. THANKS GUYS!!
  • Options
    jeffmo2334jeffmo2334 Member Posts: 23
    I have been shopping around with various dealers in Texas for a G35, and have heard that there is a $500 rebate on the g35, in addition to the 1.9%/2.9% financing special rates.

Has anyone else heard about this? I sent out an email on 2/29, and two of the dealers mentioned it to me.

I don't know any more details, but wanted to pass this information along.
  • Options
    almattialmatti Member Posts: 164
    Dear Nazarenk: I didn't chcek the Forum for a few days. I am delighted that this advise worked out for you. Well it's Monday, did U pick up the car??

If you did, Congrats. You are going to love it. It's awesome in every respect.

Curious: R U a Costco member, did it matter ??

Too bad we can't trade names in the forum, but I have referred soem people at work toward her at Pepe . It's nice too hear that they treated you well.
  • Options
    Feb 08 Feb 07 % Change YTD 08 YTD 07 % Change
    G Sedan 4,085 4,345 -9.7 7,455 8,666 -15.7
    G Coupe 1,657 885 79.7 3,208 1,655 90.0

Sedan sales off again this month and YTD now nearly 16% off. Some of that can be attributed to the 07 being the first year of the redesign of the car.

The coupe is going strong - up nearly 80% for Feb and up 90% for YTD. Again, this is the first year of the redesign so that helps out a lot. Dealers starting to deal on the coupes and "cheap" leases finally being available help out as well.

Dennis
  • Options
    ks1123ks1123 Member Posts: 5
    These are the last numbers that I just got from my dealer in NY for 24 and 36mth lease with 12k/yr. A sign and drive lease (Zero due at signing):

MSRP $37,235
    Cap Cost $34,598

MF 24mth .00142
    36mth .00160

Residual 24mth 69%
    36mth 70%

Inception Fees - $2796 (bank fee $595, NY sales tax 8%, 1st pmt, tire fee and inspection)

24mth lease payment = $521
    36mth lease payment = $499

Can I do better or do you think this is the best I can do?
  • Options
    ks1123ks1123 Member Posts: 5
    what state? Are the taxes included?
  • Options
    almattialmatti Member Posts: 164
    Dear ks1123: I mentioned earlier in this forum to check with Pepe Infiniti in White Plains, NY. They made a good deal for me via the Internet contact AND referral to them from COSTCO. I live in Westchester County but I priced the 39 month Lease with No $$$ Down at 5 dealerships. pepe was the best overall deal. I do not work for them in any regard, but I have referred other here and folks at work both in Long Island and New York City. The person I dealt with is a female (can't mention specific names here). I'd give it a shot. You've nothing to lose. Also try AARP or AAA membership referrals, if they apply to you. I got a 2007 G35X with premium Package, No NAVI or Tech package, negotiated on the last Saturday of march 2007. Made the deal and picked up this "Black Beauty" 2 1/2 hours later just as promised.
  • Options
    NY and yes the taxes were included
  • Options
    jlancehojlanceho Member Posts: 3
    G35 Journey
    Premium
    Navigation
    Splash guards

Out the door price is $35,300 + $0 doc fee + tags + title + taxes.
  • Options
    jlancehojlanceho Member Posts: 3
    Oops, made a typo. The price is actually

$34,300 + $0 doc fee + tags + title + taxes.
  • Options
    hellye1hellye1 Member Posts: 23
    I was offered
    $450 a month
    24months
    12k a year
    TOTAL out of pocket $1500
    MSRP 40375
    invoice 37000

And they will make my last payment of $450 for my 06 coupe.

What do you think about this deal?
  • Options
    They key to getting a good lease is negotiating a low price for the car. How much are you paying for the G ?

Dennis
  • Options
    It you park your car but want to keep listening to the stereo or something you can just tap the "start-stop" button twice quickly. That will stop the car and put it in accessory mode without actually turning off the stereo or other accessory powered items. You have to tap again twice (one to switch to on, two to switch to off) to shut it down when you are ready to exit the car.

Easier to do if the car had a normal key and ignition lock but "they" think it is too much trouble for us to insert a key and turn it :-) .

Dennis
  • Options
    I am just about to purchase a G35 Journey Premium (garnet ember/graphite) with wood trim and splash guards included, and am talking with the dealer about adding 35% tint and other accessories to the vehicle.

Does anyone have an idea of how much it would cost to get this done on the side after purchasing the car? I live in Houston. The dealer wants $299, which I am sure is pretty high, but I did get such a good deal on the car ($32,631 + ttl , no dealer junk charges, $132 below invoice even before $500 incentive, $34.4 OTD :D I'll post the details once everything is finalized ), that I don't mind paying a little extra for the convenience of having it done already, and also to ensure that it is done right. If I could get it done at a good place for $100-$150, then I might prefer to wait and save the money, but if it's much more than that I probably would have the dealer do it.

Also, here is the price they are quoting me for other accessories:

Splash guards $188 :surprise:
    Sunroof wind deflector $149
    Clear bra: $595 for hood/fender/mirrors, $795 to add front bumper, $895 to add headlights.

These all sound high to me, since I can get the splash guards myself for <$100 and they are not that hard to install. I am not sure about the wind deflector -- is that easy to install? And I also have no idea about the pricing on the clear bra, but it does sound high to me. Does that sound like a reasonable price? After purchasing the car, I will have a 200 mile drive home, so it might be better to get the clear bra on right away?

Anyone know what it would cost to get done after the fact?
  • Options
    You have a phone and a phone book, I would just call around and find out what places charge for this stuff. Tint places are really easy to find, ask friends for recommendations on who does good work and get prices. They have done enough Gs by now that they can quote you over the phone.

Skip the splash guards, they don't really help protect the car and look fugly and tacked on. IIRC drilling is required to install them.

For the clear bra use the dealer locator on 3m at this link (10 show up for Houston alone, more counting cities nearby). You can also check Xpel's dealer locator and other brands of clear film protectors.

A "good" shop will have their own pattern cutter so they can do any car from a computer pattern on their computer. Smaller shops will have to order the pre-cut kit from the manufacturer.

Call and get prices for this stuff as well. I am not a big fan of covering every square inch of the car in clear film - just get the parts done that are metal and stand the risk of getting a stone chip. The mirrors, for example, would be a waste of money to me.

Dennis
  • Options
    Dennis,

Thank you for the links. I also researched on my own this morning, but just wanted to hear the opinions of some of the posters/readers here on this forum.

I have decided not to buy any accessories from the dealer. I will get the tint and clear bra from Xpert here in Houston, who do lots of the high-end cars around town. That also makes it easier for me to return for any warrant stuff if something goes wrong with the clear bra or it doesn't hold up as well as its supposed to.

I also agree that it is overkill to do too much -- especially given the cost. I will just do the front 18-24" of the hood and fenders, plus the mirrors and front bumper. That should provide most of the benefit.

Jeff
  • Options
    I just signed the paperwork for my new 2008 G35 Journey Premium, garnet ember with graphite interior, wood trim (and cargo net). The selling price was $32,631 (32,131 after rebate), and the OTD price was $34,392.58. I had no trade.

MSRP: $35,775
    Invoice: $32,784

Price of vehicle: $32,631 :) ($153 below invoice)
    Rebate: $-500
    Final vehicle price: $32,131 ($653 below invoice)
    TX Sales tax (6.25%): 2,008.19
    Inventory Tax 69.34
    License+Fees 134.05
    Document Fee 50.00
    Total OTD: $34,392.58
    Down Payment: $2261.58
    Amount Financed: $32,131

Payments of $550.44 at 2.9% for 63 months.

I got the vehicle from Gunn Infiniti in San Antonio. The vehicle has 72 miles on it, was produced in 11/07, and arrived at the dealership 12/19/2007.

I live in Houston, but the dealers there would not budge in price from over $1000 over invoice. The best out-the-door price I got from my local dealer on this vehicle options was $36,200 , over $1600 more than the deal I got!! :surprise: I approached them telling them I would buy from San Antonio unless they at least came close, and they said that they could not go any lower no matter what, since all dealers in Houston have a "New Car Pact" that says they will not sell below a certain amount. I am no lawyer, but that sounds like collusion to me! :confuse:

That's all right -- it's just a $120 one way flight to San Antonio, and now I get to drive the car over 200 miles back to Houston :shades:

By the way, I also had a pretty good offer from Dallas of $620 over invoice, but the San Antonio deal can't be beat. Gunn's pricing practice is very interesting -- they have fixed prices on all of their cars based on how long they have been on the lot. Newer cars are not such a great deal ($1000 to $1500 over invoice), but it seems they price some of their older ones very aggressively -- near invoice or even below. If you get lucky and find your options/color combo in stock and around for a while, then you can get a GREAT deal! They apparently update their prices weekly, I think Thursday nights, so keep checking back with them. Last week this vehicle was priced at $33,900 ($1116 above invoice), but for some reason on Thursday night they dropped it to $32,631. Perfect for me, since I was wanting to buy this weekend and this was the exact color combo and options I wanted.

I did not buy any of the dealer accessories, but will be getting tint and a clear bra installed next week from a local shop.
  • Options
    robcaidrobcaid Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to buy a an 08 G35 Journey and live in San Francisco. Can someone suggest a dealer and what they are selling for around these parts (ie invoice, or X% above invoice, etc)? Thank you!
  • Options
    elcharro1elcharro1 Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

I recently attempted to purchase a 2008 G35 Journey, equip with the Navigation package, Sport Package and Premium Package. I was under the impression the dealer would show me the invoice and go over the VPP sell price. Instead, the sale representative had me wait for several minutes, while he talked with the sales manager. He came back with a sell price of $35,543 for the 2008 G35 Journey. Are the dealers supposed to show the VPP consumers the invoice? I live in Tucson, Arizona about 150 miles away from Phoenix. Phoenix and Tucson new 2008 G35 owners. What is the best offer you were able to get on your vehicle? Please advise… :confuse:
  • Options
    spearcespearce Member Posts: 1
    I live in Phoenix and just got back from CA with my new G37. The AZ dealers were terrible to work with. I sent a price request to Santa Monica Infiniti and got a response from Nichole. Her first offer was invoice with 0 dealer add ons. It was the smoothest car deal I've ever had. No hint of funny stuff and no pressure for any extras. They will also ship cars.
  • Options
    kobayashikobayashi Member Posts: 50
    Show him the invoice price (you have all the data you need on this site) and take control of the sale. Tell him what you want to pay and then let him talk to the manager. Remove the power from the dealer and come armed with data - let them debate your numbers by showing you their numbers.
  • Options
    approluapprolu Member Posts: 6
    What is the name of the dealership in Dallas that was $620 over invoice. I live in Arlington, Tx but also willing to travel for a better deal.
  • Options
    itaddictitaddict Member Posts: 15
    Anyone know of a 12 month lease on Infinitis? I remember seeing posts back in 06/07 on this and also hearing from some Infiniti dealers.

I'm in central NJ - anyone know what the best dealer is to go to on such a program in the NY Metro region(NY, Ct, Pa or NJ)?

I'm a BMW guy and have been since 1998. This is the first time i'm considering going Infiniti. If the price is right, I'd like to consider it though.

Thanks
  • Options
    I know the dealer i went to in NY (long island) had programs for 24,36,39,42 I asked them for a 12 month and they said IFS did not offer it.
  • Options
    Thanks max8085 - any idea on what the best 24 month lease is for a G35x with 12k/miles, 0 down - i just want to put down first month and dmv. I have just started to call up various infiniti delaers here in NJ and they are giving me some real weird numbers which almost make me feel a BMW is more affordable. From what I have read so far, the Infinitis give you the best bang for the buck. Maybe this isnt a good time to get the lease but I think its fiscal year end for Infiniti also. That should weigh in somewhere.
  • Options
    Did you present them with a VPP claim code or just ask about VPP pricing?

The invoice on a journey with just the options you list is $35,854 and the VPP plan C or D price would be $36,138.19 less the $500 customer cash would be $35,638.19 . Sounds like they gave you a better than VPP price, which would be why there was no need to trot out the invoice - as long as the price they gave you includes the destination charge.

Dennis
  • Options
    There is not much chance of getting a 12 month lease since you would be nuts to sign one. When does the maximum depreciation occur? When you drive the new car off the lot. 36 month leases are normally the sweet spot in leasing because it is long enough to spread the depreciation out and still within every car maker's full warranty. Normally a 24 month lease will have a higher payment than a 36 or 39 month lease. Sometimes the captive lease banks will offer special 24 month leases to help move cars to those not wanting to commit to a longer lease - and they feel they can re-lease to you in 24 month when you turn in your car. Last month, I think many of the G models could be leased for 24 months for about the same payment as a 36 month lease.

The one sure way NOT to get a deal is to contact dealers (any dealer) and ask for lease payments.

You need to bargain down the price of the car just as if you were buying it. Normally we say if you can get within $500 of invoice for the car, destination, and any dealer doc or prep fees you are doing good - but there is currently a $500 customer cash bonus for new G sedans. So you want to be around invoice or less for the car, destination, and dealer fees.

Once you have the price of the car low, then worry about the lease stuff. I post the lease money factors and residual each month when I get them. You simply plug your negotiated price into the lease and figure out the payments, and taxes and title/tag stuff and you are done.

Dennis
  • Options
    cxs410cxs410 Member Posts: 5
    2008 G37-Sport + Nav, Premium

Lease: 39 months
    $1000 down
    $596 a month
    12k miles a year
    Los Angeles
  • Options
    Hi - I'm going for the same thing but no sport. where did you get this deal? Did the 1500 include first month?

I'm in central NJ.
  • Options
    The most important thing is how much you are paying for the car, which you do not state.

Dennis
  • Options
    Dennis,

Thanks - I will check that and approach approach appropriately. That makes sense. Regards
  • Options
    It was Sewell. Allison Cohen was great to deal with there!
  • Options
    dugan2kdugan2k Member Posts: 3
    Hi

I just put a downpayment (they have to get the car for me) on a
    G35x with sports package and premium package.
    MSRP = 38465
    Invoice = 35232

Agreed upon price 35190.
    Dealer docs = 300
    title/reg/plates = 115

After heading to finance, the price on the contract i signed WAS CHANGED
    to say 35690 (-500 rebate) = 35190.

They told me the rebate was new and that they could not give me the 500 off our agreed upon price and that this was the only was they can do it. I don't beleive them and and am thinking about canceling. I was expecting $500 off the negotiated price. i have only put $500 down to secure the transfer by credit card. Someone please tell me if I am being conned!

Thanks
    Matt