Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• scuba01scuba01 Member Posts: 29
    Anybody know of new July incentives on the way.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    With the lack of inventory already in existence (there may be a few stores with more than others, but this is a rarity), do not anticipate anything more than the current $2500 dealer cash. Any 2013 MDX you can find now is an awesome deal.
  • allawallaw Member Posts: 15
    I just got an internet quote for a 2014 MDX SH-AWD base model for $1150 off MSRP. Do you think I still have room to negotiate? Anybody knows the MF and residual for this model?
  • doudadouda Member Posts: 3
    Hi There,

What was the MSRP on the car you bought? I am looking at a few with $47,850 MSRP so do you think that $36,000 is the way to go. Thanks!
  • taurean25taurean25 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Hi,

I am new to this forum.

I am getting a 2014 MDX with Tech package for an OTD of $47,400 in Oregon. Is this a good price?

Thanks,
  • brasmusbrasmus Member Posts: 4
    that sounds like a good price.who is the dealer in oregon.
  • taurean25taurean25 Member Posts: 2
    Kendall in Eugene.
  • jason135jason135 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    Need some advise. I am at near end of 2011 rdx SW AWD for which I paid 5k down and after paying monthly $450 for 35 months has $21000 buy out amount. Currently with my mileage and condition trade in value is 25-26k. I am interesting in re leasing MDX 2014 SH AWD. Dealer offered me a equity of $2500 and with $0 down lease offer $525 per month or additional $2500 down with $467 per month.
    Should I go for it. Mileage 10,000/year but I can roll over 4000 miles to next lease which are still not used
  • jason135jason135 Member Posts: 4
    Need some advise. I am at near end of 2011 rdx SW AWD for which I paid 5k down and after paying monthly $450 for 35 months has $21000 buy out amount. Currently with my mileage and condition trade in value is 25-26k. I am interesting in re leasing MDX 2014 SH AWD. Dealer offered me a equity of $2500 and with $0 down lease offer $525 per month or additional $2500 down with $467 per month.
    Should I go for it. Mileage 10,000/year but I can roll over 4000 miles to next lease which are still not used
  • casey168casey168 Member Posts: 1
    May I know the dealer name and location?
  • allawallaw Member Posts: 15
    Cerritos Acura - this is actually the first quote after my communication with them. I have since went to a SF Bay Area dealer and they are able to match the deal, even throw in a little extra if I can make a decision right there. But they do request to see my offer, they always assume you are bluffing.
  • vikkuuvikkuu Member Posts: 9
    I am planning to buy MDX base version (2014), how much discount on MSRP should I expect if I buy it now or how long should I wait to get best price (anything near to invoice).
    I can buy from anywhere NY to VA where ever I can get best price.
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    So what kind of prices are people seeing on the east coast besides MSRP.
  • peachmanpeachman Member Posts: 3
    I need some peer advise on purchase timing. I have my 08 MDX Base with 67K. KBB value at about $21K. Shall I buy the 2014 MDX now in order to get the most out of my trade in or should I wait for a year end sale of the 2014 MDX with lower trade in value? I bought my 2008 new with great year end model discount ($10k off MSRP!) during economy crisis. I have yet perform any major maintenance yet, until we've decided what to do with the purchase. Thanks! :D
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    I don't see much on the '14 that screams "gotta have it now". I would certainly wait as I'm sure your '08 is a fine running vehicle. Resale is depressed at the moment because they've been giving away '12/'13 models so maybe used values will improve a bit once those are all sold. I'm sure in six months you'll be able to get a much better price on a '14, although I don't expect to see $8k-$10k off like the '12/'13 models for a few years.
  • airoopsairoops Member Posts: 9
    Amex launched a new buying site through truecar. Through that site (and not any of the other truecar sites that I have seen), they are offering the 14 MDX in the NYC area for a couple hundred $ over invoice. I didn't ultimately buy through this dealer, but was able to use the documented price to have a dealer closer to where I live match.

Hope this helps....
    I checked amexnetwork dot truecar dot com, but it is showing just couple of hundred discount on MSRP in NYC area for me. Can you pls let us know whcih dealer is offering couple of hundred over invoice.
  • airoopsairoops Member Posts: 9
    try using zip 11510 (long island). Not sure what magic is, but it works...
    strange..it worked with that ZIP.
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    Watch this though if you don't actually live in that zip code. Many promotions (particularly manufacturer ones) are based on the registration zip code so they may not apply once you get to that step in the process.
    It's funny but it looks like Acura of Brooklyn says the Amex TC price of a '14 Advanced is 53,190 or 4210 off MSRP.. I'll bet... :sick:
  • theadmiraltheadmiral Member Posts: 4
    I wanted remote start and the air conditioned seats, do I have to get the Advance to get these or can they be options on a lower trim level?

Also, is the AWD more likely to have problems than the FWD? My 01 Mdx blew its transmission at 100k miles.
  • mu8318mu8318 Member Posts: 20
    I was offered invoice price for 2014 mdx tech and entertainment through costco program in NJ. Any comments on this price???
    What's the deal from Costco? It doesn't appear ANYONE is selling the MDX 2014 at invoice right now.
  • mu8318mu8318 Member Posts: 20
    Yep. I was surprised too. But give a shot and let me know what's your experience is??? I don't know if it depends on the area?? But in NJ it looks like only one dealer listed in costco auto program for mdx and got a call from them this AM about the price. Going there next weekend to check it out and will post my experience here.
    I haven't seen any dealership that has the '14 MDX Adv in stock. This afternoon I received a quote from a NY dealer w/ a VIN number. -$4510 off MSRP I'll call him next week.
  • shaolinshaolin Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2013
    Wow $4,510 below MSRP? That sounds like a fantastic deal especially this early in the release cycle. Please report back after talking to the dealer.
    There's nothing on their web site that even indicates they have a '14 Adv in stock.
  • didureloaddidureload Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2013
    2013 MDX AWD BASE
    Is $37,500 sale price with OTD of around $40,500 a good price?
    I am in NJ
  • jimmybigbllsjimmybigblls Member Posts: 2
    Just used the Costco program in San Diego and was offered around $3,500 under MSRP for a FWD with tech package. The accessories I wanted were also discounted (cargo cover/mat etc) but still not cheaper than identical new OEM accessories already on eBay for the 2014 model. Total out the door price was near $48k with TLR. It sounds like a nearby dealer may beat this price (only verbal at this point) so I will be stopping there Friday with check in hand to see. If not, I'll pick up the orig Costco deal as most other Southern California dealerships aren't moving much from MSRP. I'll try to check back in here to report final price paid.
  • dpeidpei Member Posts: 5
    I think it is good, the best is 36000 from VA., Please let me know the dealer name in NJ, I want to contact for 2013 tech. package.
  • tom398tom398 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to hear what the final price was.. I also live in SoCal but a nearby dealer said on the phone that their costco price for the same car was not even close to what you mentioned.. Which is weird because I called Costco and they say there are not huge price variations between areas..? I am going to make an appointment and request to see the Costco pricing sheet to make sure..
  • gpman25gpman25 Member Posts: 4
    I was told by a dealer in LA area that the Costco discount for a 2014 MDX AWD with technology packages is $1300 off from MSRP.
    @tom398, are you sure it was the 2014 and not the 2013?
  • 92gsr258992gsr2589 Member Posts: 5
    What dealer in VA was it for 36000? I got a offer for a 13 base in NJ for 37761
  • dlin928dlin928 Member Posts: 12
    I was quoted with $58100 with Costco discount for a 2014 MDX AWD with technology package in LA area.

Anyone got a better deal on AWD tech around LA?
  • atwokatwok Member Posts: 1
    I did some calling around today looking for a 2013 Tech.

Seems like the supply is dwindling and dealers in general weren't as motivated as a few weeks ago. The lowest offers I got were between $40,650 and $41,000 not including tax and registration. Many of the dealers wouldn't budge below $44k. Has anybody had any luck recently getting a Tech below the $40k mark? I'm really hoping to get below $39k...

Thanks!
  • gpman25gpman25 Member Posts: 4
    did you mean $48100? $58,100 sounds kind of high :)
    Sorry for the wrong info, it was quoted with $48,100 before tax and everything from a dealer in Montclair, CA. It is only a few hundred off from MSRP, anyone got a better deal? Also, do they require to show Costco pricing sheet, they didn't want to show me anything.
  • jimmybigbllsjimmybigblls Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    As a follow up, purchased the FWD 2014 w/tech package today. They matched the Costco discount from another dealership who did not have our color on the lot. Total out the door in CA @ 9.5% TLR was 48,850 after accessories (which were also negotiated down after mentioning eBay pricing). On paper, it was a $4,015 discount from msrp.
  • redondo2redondo2 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I am planning on buying the same package in San Diego area. Can you please send dealer info and contact name. REALLY appreciate it! Thanks.
  • nfordmndsnfordmnds Member Posts: 2
    I live in Arkansas and have tried dealers in surrounding states. I'm being told that they won't have any until October. Don't know if this is BS to keep from offering a discount. Any tips.
  • nfordmndsnfordmnds Member Posts: 2
    I'm on my third AWD MDX. The first one blew the transmission at about 80k, but I had been having trouble before the warranty expired so Acura replaced it for free. Then just over 100k, the engine started leaking oil, so I traded for a 2004 and never had any trouble with it, nor with the 2009 that came next.

I'm not able to find a 2014 Advance MDX. My dealer doesn't seem to want to reward loyalty.
  • hkny79hkny79 Member Posts: 7
    that sounds like a great deal. do you know what the costco discount was on car itself for your deal? interested to know what accessories you end up getting with this deal?
    Can you please send the dealer info and contact name, I won't mind to purchase the car from SD if it is a great deal like yours. Really really appreciate it! Thanks.
  • primitivoprimitivo Member Posts: 4
    I am in Colorado and the Costco program says the 2014 MDX model is too new for Costco pricing. So I am thinking about purchasing one from San Diego area. Can you send me the dealer you worked with?

Thanks!
  • mrmonty1mrmonty1 Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2013
    When you are looking for 2014 MDX prices on Costco Auto, enter 91950 as zip code and Ball Auto Center is offering the the base MDX (AWD) at $500 above invoice ($41900 plus $500). I am from Colorado and I might travel up there soon to pick one up. Good luck
    Thanks for the info.
    Did Ball Auto provided you the quote over the phone?
  • mrmonty1mrmonty1 Member Posts: 6
    All through email. I feel too pressured to be on phone with sales-people.
  • qualitiequalitie Member Posts: 9
    2014 SH-AWD, tech package, PA dealer gave me a 1600 break off MSRP and paid ~1500 more than the value for my TSX trade-in, guess got a good deal given its newness, waiting for the long drive this weekend!
  • apocalypsoapocalypso Member Posts: 12
    OK, it's been some years since I've bought (will be leasing) a new car, and I've never bought an Acura before. Mostly Hondas.

So I have a lease quote from the internet sales rep. for a 2014 MDX with Tech. There are several interesting add-ons:

Aftermarkets $499 (not described)
    Doc Fee $549
    Acquisition Fee $595
    Maintenance $299 (they did describe this, I will reject it)

I appreciate that "my mileage will vary" in negotiations, but will I be successful on average telling them to remove all these charges, or are some customary/mandatory for Acura dealers?

Thanks!

Scott