Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    tlgoodstlgoods Member Posts: 5
    I too am looking to purchase MDX Tech from Ramsey. I am ready to buy if I can get $38,400. All the local dealerships keep telling me that was the price in Dec and they cannot match that pricing now. I am willing to wait to get the price I want.
  • Options
    krb2525krb2525 Member Posts: 6
    If you are willing to go into NYC then you should try Plaza Auto or Paragon as they both quoted me an e-price of $38,400 for the MDX tech
  • Options
    gmax50gmax50 Member Posts: 6
    I posted my deal earlier. I purchased a 09 Tech on 2/28/09. First quote was from Frankel Acura $39,003. Rosenthal wouldn't give me a quote in e-mail. Quote from Karen Radley was $38,500. Pohanka offered $38,300 incl dest, plus $500 higher price for my trade. Ultimately bought from Radley because they had the color I wanted on the lot and they matched the Pohanka price. Also got the sport running boards and roof rails installed for 900.
  • Options
    ecole2ecole2 Member Posts: 3
    Chi5, Now the $37922 price that you received did not include the destination fee, right?
  • Options
    mim8mim8 Member Posts: 14
    how can we get in touch with each other to talk about this
  • Options
    lccalvert_1999lccalvert_1999 Member Posts: 68
    I am also looking to buy in DC. I have gotten my best deal from Radley Acura. $38,300 including destination. I want the running boards, all weather mats and also body side molding thrown in (or at least some combination). Oh yeah... they also were willing to throw in 4 years of free oil changes.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info - would those NYC prices be including destination?
  • Options
    mar1an1mar1an1 Member Posts: 38
    4 yrs of free oil changes?
    I'm trying to get somebody around NJ to do this but my husband kept telling me to hush up :P I truly don't see what the big deal is in asking... worst scenario, they will say no and tell me to get the heck out (which I don't think they will given the current economy).
    If they're willing to do all of that for $38,300 (running boards, all weather mats, oil changes, etc), I would consider that a very good deal.
    Let us know how it goes though......
    I have to bring all of these in writing to show to the dealership.

Gosh, I hate haggling
  • Options
    please keep us posted on how you do....I would also like the running boards and all weather mats...
  • Options
    trendyshoppertrendyshopper Member Posts: 2
    Are they throwing in all that (the all weather mats and body side molding for that price)??
    That would be great!
    also in contact with an agent at Radley, the best i got was 38,700 and years free oil change.
    Maybe, we could all go in together, i believe mims8 is also interested in getting a car from Northern Virginia as well.
    I got 38200 +TTL from Pohanka for the tech package.
    What do u think?
  • Options
    I think 38,200 is good...now if they through in some extras that would really be nice..
    the accessories I want are the all weather mats, running board and roof racks...I spoke to Hondaacura world and I have a list of their charges for accessories....
    I believe, but I don't know, that knowing that, the dealer would be pretty close...I have not negotiated at Pohanka yet....
    it sure would be nice to get oil changes...never thought to ask for that...and
    I am in Northern Virginia..
  • Options
    mim8, did that include destination?

I get back to the Virginia area on Tuesday. I'll stop by Pohanka and talk to them about the option of coming in with two additional buyers to see what they might do. I work right across the street from them, so no biggie. My email is lccalvert_1999@yahoo.com. Feel free to get in touch when I return.

I'm also looking at the 2008 RX400h from Lexus and the Land Rover LR3 and Range Rover Sport. I got a quote today over the phone of $40K for the 400h from Pohanka Lexus. That's $11K under MSRP. They have about 25 on the lot, so I'm sure I could do better. Right now, the Land Rover LR3 can be had for $16K - $17K off MSRP. You can get a $55,000 vehicle for under $40K!

What do you think about those other vehicles?
  • Options
    Sorry... one more item. If we purchase in Maryland, the Doc Fee is usually $300 less also. Might not seem like much, but that would pay for the floor mats for sure.
  • Options
    I was replying to trendyshopper about the 38,200 price....I will email you...I know the doc fee is cheaper in Maryland, and I think Pohanka should take that into consideration with whatever freebees they can through in...I will email you...
  • Options
    msolsomsolso Member Posts: 2
    I started asking for quotes this weekend. I proposed to Niello Acura in Sacramento 43k for a sport+ent including running boards and cross bars excluding taxes and fees and it was rejected.

Tomorrow more searching around the bay area. Was I pushing too far? I didn't think so, but may be sales are better than I thought.
  • Options
    natonato Member Posts: 9
    looking to buy MDX base or tech in NJ. Offered 36K on base by dealer, did anyone else get a better deal. Unfortunately no good APR offer by Accura

Also considering X5, GLK, GX470

Pool in of 2-3 folks together may get us more bargaining power

Is this an 08 MDX or 09.

LR3 seems attractive with those figures of 17K off, think they have a 12K marketing support for LR3 on 08
  • Options
    jephyboy1jephyboy1 Member Posts: 13
    I'd be interested to see what you come up with, as I am looking for something very similar.
  • Options
    mdx4wife1mdx4wife1 Member Posts: 6
    I have a quote from Serramonte for $41,500 and Oakland for $41,700 for an 09 w/ Tech and Ent. Working on getting roof rails and cargo cover included, we'll see.
    Let me know what you find, thanks.
  • Options
    steve194steve194 Member Posts: 6
    That is a rockbottom price. Can I ask the name of the dealership and how you negotiated the deal? I am in the NW but might be worth my while to go down and pick up a car. Thanks.
  • Options
    oldhap40oldhap40 Member Posts: 2
    I am also looking for a MDX with tech package in Northern Virginia. I have gone to Pohanka - test drove and discussed pricing. Would be interested in joining with a group if we can get a better price or more extras thrown in.
  • Options
    Iccalvert is going to go to Pohanka on Tuesday and check pricing...what kind of pricing did you get...I think we might do well purchasing as a group...I know I am interested....
  • Options
    msolsomsolso Member Posts: 2
    Got the car today. Sport and Tech 42.200 excluding fees and taxes. Most important thing, my wife and I are happy. :)
  • Options
    oldhap40oldhap40 Member Posts: 2
    They started with the usual 45,700 plus. I mentioned I had been watching the internet postings and would not pay more than 38,300. They told me 38,500 or 39,000 would be fair, but we had not gotten into destination,title, taxes, or extras yet. If the price is right, I would be ready to purchase this week. I am definitely interested if we can get a better deal as a group.
  • Options
    I believe the postings that I have been seeing show the 38,300 including destination...
  • Options
    polarsandpolarsand Member Posts: 23
    I live in MD and I purchased my MDX from Pohanka Acura in Feb. I got the best deal from them then knocked the $300 off the final price. I threatened them I will walk away and they knew the MD dealers would match their price. What I am trying to say, if you buy from VA make the $300 part of your negotiation. Also, I found Pohanka Acura had a bigger selection of color combinations than Chevy Chase and Rothental Acura on the base MDX.
  • Options
    Has anyone upgraded the steering wheel, and shift knob on the their MDX? I just want to know if it was worth it and what was the total cost (part+installation). One other thought I want to throw out there, I purchased the sport running boards on ebay from an Acura dealer in NJ for $360 shipped and installed them myself. While the installation is a pain, It is really worth it. The car looks MUCH nicer.
  • Options
    could you let us know what your OTD price was and what accessories if any that you got..thanks
  • Options
    $35.5k for base including destination then I knocked out another $300 because Pohanka charges $399 for processing and dealers in MD charge only $99 by law. Then I paid the standard MD taxes, title and registration fees. i don't have the final numbers handy but I can get them for you when I get home tonight. I did not get any accessories from Pohanka. Later, I added the backup sensors from Rothental Acura. I paid $420 for the kit and $230 for installation (MD taxes inclusive), and $220 for all-weather mats and trunk tray. I finally purchased the OEM sport running boards on ebay for $360 and installed them myself. I hope this helps. By the way, Pohanka Acura don't give you internet pricing. They want you to come in person and talk to them. I really liked Norris Acura and Chevy Chase Acura but unfortunately they did not have the color combination i wanted on the base MDX and they could not get it for me for the quoted price. Pohanka had the one car and It was spoken for. I had to wait 2 hours doing nothing at the dealership waiting to get them to convince the other buyer to change her mind and accept another color! Chevy Chase Acura also gives you free oil changes and car washes for the duration of the warranty. I could not negotiate that with Pohanaka and I did not care to travel 30 miles each way for oil changes anyway.
  • Options
    mar1an1mar1an1 Member Posts: 38
    LR3 may be a good bargain, but Land Rover has been known to give good bargains. Years ago, before this whole thing with stimulus, I was able to get about $12k+ off for a LR Freelander (fully loaded w/o NAV). If you're interested in LR, try LR of Smithtown in Long Island. It's a bit far, but I did some checking before and theirs was the best deal that I could get in tristate area (nobody wanted to beat it at that time). I sold my LR a long time ago because every single thing broke including the power window, moonroof and entertainment system. What a pain to maintain....

I'm also looking for MDX Tech with good APR. Please include me in. I think my friend and a coworker are looking too... but we're all not in a rush... whenever the good price plus APR are around....
  • Options
    mannynmannyn Member Posts: 7
    i am also interested to buy MDX Tech , we should get around 38K.

I called couple of dealers last week, looks like NY dealers are ready to give 2.9% for 60 months if credit score is more than 720 whereas NJ dealer says they do not have this special deal at all , don't understand why NJ dealer doesn't have this special deal & why NY dealres are offering 2.9%?

Price also 38900 but if we go down to dealership, i am sure they will come down to couple of 100 dollars.

Is there any Catch?
  • Options
    futureddsfuturedds Member Posts: 11
    Hello MDX buyers. Yesterday i went to Paragon Acura in Queens, the offer that i got was 39.5K including destination + 45$ title and 200$ registration + NY city tax. I didn't buy the car because i wanted lower price for MDX with technology package. Did anyone actually close the deal with them and what was the price.

Thank you everyone for sharing very valuable information. :)
  • Options
    For those of you that live in the Northern VA area and would like to look at purchasing a car together, please email me at lccalvert_1999@yahoo.com. Right now I have mim8 and another buyer. Again, email me so that I can tell Pohanka I have three or four buyers interested.
  • Options
    jsc_usajsc_usa Member Posts: 11
    Is 39.5K the "best" offer they gave you (after bargaining) or just their "initial" offer?
  • Options
    It was the best offer,dealer said they can split the destination charge but thats not much and total came out to be 43025 including tax. They still call me to come in today and to discuss it again. Maybe i'm asking too much because the price that i'm looking for is 40.5K including tax.
  • Options
    rnh204rnh204 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Futuredds,

I went to paragon too. The sales guy told me the best they could do is a couple of hundred dollars off too. I'm going to stop by Plaza Auto Mall and see if they can do the $38.7K inclusive of destination for a tech pkg.

Want to team up? email me at rnh204@yahoo.com
  • Options
    jpneedcarjpneedcar Member Posts: 11
    Hi rnh204, Futuredds,

I'm also looking to buy MDX Tech, let me know if you guys find good deal I can also team up with you. Ideal price I would think is 38k including destination. Thanks
  • Options
    lucien3lucien3 Member Posts: 3
    Looking for a gauge on this deal...

MDX Tech + RRails + Sprt RunnBrds + Bdy Side Moulding + All season Mats for a out the door price of 41K inc Dest + TTL.
  • Options
    Hello, rnh204, jpneedcar and all MDX potential buyers
    38.740K doesn't include destination and they don't want to take it off, the offered to split it. Lets team up, not a problem for me. Who was your sales man???? Mine was Joe.
  • Options
    Congratulations and great price.
    Can you let us know where you bought the car.
    Does that include dest charge?
    Any further options?
  • Options
    Quote for 2009 w. Tech and Ent and dest charges is 40,500
    Not getting a break on any options though. Still working on it....
  • Options
    jsc_usajsc_usa Member Posts: 11
    Do you mind to share with us which state/county you got the deal from?
  • Options
    stmbtsprgsstmbtsprgs Member Posts: 7
    Looking to purchase a new (or recently used) MDX in TTX. Before I start the hunt, I thought I'd ask if anyone has a good price experience to relate.
  • Options
    baccus49baccus49 Member Posts: 60
    I recently bought a certified 08 MDX base with 16K miles for $31.7 + TTL, paid around $34K driveout. I used my own bank for financing. I was going to buy new but the lowest I was offered was $37 + TTL. The vehicle is amazing, though I'm not crazy about the 'toupe' interior. It drives like a sports car, well planted on the road. Your best bet would be cars.com and ebay. I had zero luck with dealer stock on pre-owned 08-09 MDX's.
  • Options
    lucien3lucien3 Member Posts: 3
    No problem this was in Northern NJ.
  • Options
    I am thinking that is about $1,000 to high. Acura Ramsey offered me $40,000 for that combo, which I do think is a good price - problem is I can't get what I want for my trade in.
  • Options
    pamd3pamd3 Member Posts: 3
    What kind of deals are people getting on the 2009 MDX base or tech in southeastern pennsylvania. Plan on buying one by the end of the month. thanks
  • Options
    scorcobra76scorcobra76 Member Posts: 9
    hi all, i'm from the s.f. bay area. would like to know if $35,600 is a good deal for a base mdx. much appreciate it.
  • Options
    It is a descent deal if it includes destination. I think base MDXs are harder to find on dealer lots these days (DC area) especially if you have particular color combination in mind.
  • Options
    mannynmannyn Member Posts: 7
    i will also be interested if i get 38K incl destination for MDX tech, my e.mail
    mannynyusa yahoo com

thanks
    manny
  • Options
    I'm sure you would be interested, that's a pretty sick deal. :)