Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Check out the lots on sunday and find one you like. Write down the stock number and call on monday and ask for the best price to buy that car that day. You have to be ready to actually buy --- if you get a fair deal -- better than the 39800 then it is worth pulling the trigger. If you are still just shopping -- I wouldn't play that card.
  • Options
    jyao888jyao888 Member Posts: 32
    There should be plenty of Black on black.
    Black and Parchment is rear now.
    Chicago area should be the best price in the Nation.
    I got 42500 in May in NJ for BK+Parchment when each dealer has only one at most. You should be able to get better price.
  • Options
    loug35loug35 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks!
  • Options
    looking4mdx1looking4mdx1 Member Posts: 12
    thats high for SF bay area..
    i just bought mine not too long ago from stevens creek acura... got a great price. did u try there ?
  • Options
    jkl99jkl99 Member Posts: 11
    When did you buy yours? They said the inventory of 2009 MDX is pretty low and not that many cars available on the market for sell right now, that's why they cannot lower the price as they did earlier. No, I haven't checked Stenens Creek Acura yet. I will give it a try. Thanks.
  • Options
    nyernyer Member Posts: 32
    Going to test drive a 2009 MDX Sport tomorrow. What is a reasonable price in the NY area? I know of the $2000 marketing support, but is there anything else I should be aware of? Thanks
  • Options
    i bought mine just 2 weeks ago. prices were excellent at that time...
    in fact some dealers are still calling me saying they have good inventory.
    i would expect prices to be better ..
  • Options
    dgrebdgreb Member Posts: 65
    $32,000!
    your car is worth like $22,000!!
    oh, maybe in 2006 it was worth 32k.. have you just woken up from a coma :P
    i'm kidding..
    funny how we expect a dealer to bend over backwards for us, but when we come to sell we have unrealistic expectations!
  • Options
    dgrebdgreb Member Posts: 65
    I've been back onto consumer reports. It's reporting dealer incentive as $4000 for all MDX's. Can anyone else verify this?

CR has been a bit flakey lately, missing some incentives etc.

If it's true i'll buy one this week! :) i don't promise to eat my hat though. Been there, done that. :)
  • Options
    acuraxyzacuraxyz Member Posts: 8
    I got 41,329 quote for 2009 MDX Tech w/Ent. I am thinking of bidding 40,000. What do you guys think?
  • Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Nothing to lose by asking for this price while you are sitting in the dealership pre-approved for financing ready to buy right then and there. The best prices go to informed buyers who have their checkbooks out ready to complete the deal.
  • Options
    zx11zx11 Member Posts: 6
    Just ordered a Sport/Ent from a central Jersey dealer for $43.5K (including doc fees, registration, etc. etc.) plus sales tax out the door. It is coming from a dealer in NY. Having them put on a few options. Should be able to pick up on Thursday. Will post up a full report on Friday on the whole transaction.
  • Options
    soccermom21soccermom21 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,, this is my first post. We would like to purchase a 2009 MDX, sport/ent. The MSRP is roughly $49K, invoice is roughly $45K. We've been given an offer of $43K. My understanding is that there is marketing support available that totals about $5K. With this incentive it seems like a price around $40K could still be reasonable. I got my info from Consumer Reports. Am I missing something? The dealers don't seem all that interested in negotiating. This is surprising to me. Any suggestions would be very helpful.
  • Options
    dennisfdennisf Member Posts: 4
    I'm currently owner of a 2006 MDX but I guess it will be my last Acura vehicle. I bought it because I have very good experience with my 10 year old Accord. But this MDX really let me down.

Last week, it suddenly lost the steering power while my wife was driving with my 17 mo baby and she had to do an emergency stop at the road side. Even now, I cannot help myself thinking what would happen if it were on a highway. Every time I think of this, I feel very scared. When the tow truck came, the driver noticed that the crank pulley broken and falling on the ground. Note that this vehicle only has 26k in its odometer. I told the driver it's unthinkable for an Acura. The driver shrugged and said he just towed another 2009 Acura 2 days ago with the same problem.

This is not the 1st time we have problem with this MDX. It has given us annoying problems here and there in the past 3 years. For example, air conditioning system failed within the 1st year and the dealer has to replace the whole pipes.

So think again if you want to buy MDX.

-Dennis
  • Options
    13881388 Member Posts: 1
    what dealer did you get it from that sounds like a great deal i am trying to do something similar but montclair acura wont help
  • Options
    dave210dave210 Member Posts: 242
    It is my understanding that the marketing support is only $2K and that Consumer Reports is mistaken. Your quote seems inline with various other quotes I've seen.

I may be wrong, but I believe that to be the case.
  • Options
    soccermom21soccermom21 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Thanks for the info. You are correct. I appreciate your help!
  • Options
    mdxbuyer4mdxbuyer4 Member Posts: 2
    I am planning to buy a 2009 MDX and wondering if I should buy the base model and get rear view camera and the entertainment package hooked up outside as I don't need the nav system.
    Has anyone done this and is it worth the effort in terms of cost savings in exchange for not getting these from Acura?
    Any suggestions will be very helpful.
  • Options
    I bought mine last weekend at the price of $39,600. It is higher than what I was expected, but within the range I am willing to buy.
  • Options
    buck30buck30 Member Posts: 2
    Checking several dealers - indicating low supply and high prices vs a couple months ago. Base models around 38; not even very interested in talking to buyers. Anyone else seeing same or finding dealers still interested in dealing?

Hate to buy a Highlander, but driving me that way!
  • Options
    I was trying to buy a Highlander, but experienced exactly the same as your mentioned - dealers were indicating low supply and high prices vs a couple months ago. That's why I turned to MDX and purchased a MDX on last weekend.
  • Options
    roadforkroadfork Member Posts: 2
    Got mine MDX today, will do all Running Boards, Rear View Camera and DVD outside - all for about $1600.
  • Options
    roadforkroadfork Member Posts: 2
    You should be able to get Base under 36K ... maybe not color you want. Inventories are low.
  • Options
    brooklynrockbrooklynrock Member Posts: 20
    Just got this quote. Is this a good deal? Or can I get this lower?
  • Options
    amjimamjim Member Posts: 3
    Got an email from dealer: "Good news, Acura has extended 2009 production for the MDX. This means if you decide the MDX is what you want, package and color choices are availible."
    Anyone gets similar information?
  • Options
    dgruenbergdgruenberg Member Posts: 4
    2009 MDX base model: $36,468
  • Options
    zx11zx11 Member Posts: 6
    Picked up a sport/ent from Springfield (NJ) Acura. Price was $43,100 including destination and all dealer charges such as documentation fees. In addition, I purchased ~ $2,100 worth of options (factory remote start, roof rails, and hitch). Add on $399 for 4 yr NJ registration, $180 for NJ gas guzzler tax and NJ sales tax of a little over $3,100 the total out the door price was ~ $48,900.

Love the car and am happy with this deal. Now I just need to spend the weekend reading the unbelievably thick owners manual to figure out how to operate everything.
  • Options
    I believe this price included the Destination charge already, right? It sounds a good deal to me. It is lower than the Invoice ($43,321.17 - from codtco.com) minus $2,000.
  • Options
    10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    yes, 2010 model will not hit the dealer lots until December 2009, due to concerns with the new 6 speed transmission. Acura will continue to produce the 2009 model to meet demand.
  • Options
    vnedmundsvnedmunds Member Posts: 4
    Got an offer for tech/ent 41,500 (including 4 year free maintenance)

Should I bite it?
  • Options
    2009mdxfan2009mdxfan Member Posts: 5
    I just paid $39,988 OTD for a base Bali Blue with Taupe. I shopped around for a week via email with Bay Area dealerships and there was only one other dealership that was lower but it wasn't the color combination I was looking for. Most were not even close to this offer. Dealerships weren't even willing to negotiate with my number because the base model inventory in the SF Bay Area is low. My initial OTD price that I was willing to pay was $39,500 but the blue with taupe interior was the ideal color I wanted. I think a got really lucky. The blue is very rare and extremely difficult to get. I think I got a pretty good deal considering my sales tax rate is 9.5%.
  • Options
    that IS a good deal.. just curious , where did u buy it from ?
  • Options
    I got it at Acura of Serramonte. If you want a deal that is similar, during your negotiations mention that you are aware of the holdback and the $2K incentive and that you want the dealership to pass those savings back to you. Start there but there are other things you can say to put yourself in the "driver's seat" during the negotiations. Definitely do your homework and have an idea of what a good purchase price would be. Good Luck
  • Options
    fatwalletfatwallet Member Posts: 17
    I am buying new 2009 MDX with tech package. Trading in 2004 Camry with Power Sunroof. Edmunds evaluates it to be between $9200-$9800 (clean to excellent). KBB has much lower values. My guess is Edmunds does it by zip code and KBB has national average. Not sure. 2004 Camry 1 owner, zero accidents, 45000 miles. Here’s some info from my research:
    1. Invoice (with tech+dest fee): $41,734
    2. MSRP(incl dest fee): $45,850
    3. Sales tax rate: 6%
    4. Tags should be another $30 or something.
    5. Marketing support to dealer going on for $2000
    6. Dealer holdback is 3%
    7. This dealer has 5 in stock for the specs I am looking for.
    8. Trade in 2004 Camry LE with Moonroof-45000 miles, 1 owner.
    9. According to this website (as discussed in some forums), http://members.cox.net/ranchopedro/index.html, my initial offer should be $37,900 (out of the door – incl of TTL). Of course I haven’t evaluated the trade in yet. My final offer should be $40,500 out of the door.
    10. Dealers here usually charge $599 doc fee. Not sure if that should be a part of my calculations above. I just went by the website.

Questions:
    1. What should be a good ball park for my trade in?
    2. If I evaluate my initial offer scenario with best offers, is this a good assumption:
    (a) Initial offer from me(out of the door): $40,500 out of door- $8000 Camry = $28,100(owe to dealer)
    (b) Final offer (out of the door): Initial offer from me: $37900 out of door- $9800 Camry = $32,500(owe to dealer).
    3. Am I on the right track? Please help ….please please please.
  • Options
    gb111gb111 Member Posts: 7
    Paid $41,100 + ttl for a 2009 tech/ent in the CA bay area today. Also ended up shelling out $2200 for a 7 year/70K extended acura warranty. Pretty happy with the price, not so sure about the warranty cost. Figured dealers need a way to make some money on the car....
  • Options
    abramaabrama Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    Could you tell which dealership offered this to you. Thanks
  • Options
    apex1123apex1123 Member Posts: 6
    Just bought a 2009 MDX base in Bali Blue with Taupe for $34,800 plust TTL. I did the internet thing and shopped around, many dealerships did not even respond to my emails or inquiries but a few did and I am very happy about our price as its $3,200 below invoice. I thought about waiting for the 2010 model but didnt think I would get a deal like this one.
  • Options
    Nice Job. Looks like you got a better deal than me. Just curious...what was your final OTD price? Where are you located? Nice color too. A little difficult to keep clean but looks great, right? I ordered some OEM Side Steps as well through the internet and with the help of my auto mechanic brother-in-law will install them myself. By doing it myself I will save around $400 compared to buying from the dealer and having them do it. They are a good addition to the car and it will really save your doors from door dings.
  • Options
    buck30buck30 Member Posts: 2
    If that price includes destination (810$), great deal!

I shopped Austin, Dallas, OKC, Tulsa, Springfield, KC and best price offered including destination was 37.5. In NY, got a white one for 36.5 including destination.
  • Options
    haidonghhaidongh Member Posts: 16
    Can you please share some picture of Bali Blue MDX? I have never seen one on the road, and the dealership only has black and white and silver. I am wondering how it looks on MDX.

Couple years ago MDX has lighter Steel blue, but it is rare too.
  • Options
    goel_argoel_ar Member Posts: 12
    Is the quote from Brooklyn , NY dealer?
  • Options
    goel_argoel_ar Member Posts: 12
    Where did you get this quote from? I see you are in brooklyn. I am in NY area & looking to buy mdx w/tech + ent. too.
  • Options
    Update: I found out BJs auto program does Invoice-1200. I have a dealer willing to give it to me for 40,500+TTL +doc fees (600...high...ouch). i am trying to see if I can get a sweeter deal by taking BJs offer to every dealership in town.
  • Options
    Thanks, my final OTD price was $38,402, my tax rate is lower than yours. Its 8.75%. We have only had it two days now, but yes I hope its not too hard to keep clean. Darker cars always have a trade off, they look great when you keep them clean, not so great when you dont. We might put some side steps on later. Im more interested in a backup camera or sensors as it will be hard to back up as its hard to see behind this large car. I had a few other offers of $35,100 and $35,400 for the base package but went with this car and deal since it was the lowest and they had the color we wanted. It only had 6 miles on it so we were happy it wasn't one that got test driven around by others. Out of curiosity, what brand tires did yours come with. Ours came with Bridgestone. I wanted Michelin and I have seen some with Michelins but it seems like those were ones that had been sitting there a little bit longer. I was told the Blues and Reds were not made as often as the other colors, I wanna say he said 1-20 or maybe it was 1-10 cars that were made int the blue or red color. I saw a red one the other day for the first time and I liked it too.

For the other people that responded to my original post, yes it included destination charges and if you want to see a picture of the Bali Blue color, its in the MDX brochure, towards the back where they are giving the specs it shows two pictures of it. I think the pictures make it look lighter than it does in person. Those pictures are probably what it looks like in very bright sunshine. To me its darker but it really depends on the lighting conditions.
  • Options
    I bought it in So Ca, The Tustin Acura dealership to be exact. I did have two other offers in Orange County that were close but this was the best deal. Stock is low but I dont think they want to get stuck with them as the 2010 seems to be coming in December.
  • Options
    Does $40,500 +TTL
    for MDX with tech package sound like a good deal?
    I am in ATLANTA.

I am not sure if I should keep trying or this is a good price. Please help. Novice in bargaining.
  • Options
    acurashopper3acurashopper3 Member Posts: 6
    Does $40,500 include the destination charge?
  • Options
    Hi guys,

do you get taxed on the 2K incentive that Acura has?

Thanks,
  • Options
    Yes, dest included. this is what the dealer proposed as their final offer. I walked out. they haven't called me back (been 24 hours). Not sure what to do now.

MDX with tech = $39900 (jncludes dest)
    Doc fees (junk) =$ 600
    Total = $40,500
    Tax (6%) = $2430
    State fee = $21
    Total out of the door: $42951

I saw people buying on this forum ranging from $38K -$39K +TTL. I have tried contacting every dealership in town. that's the best I am getting. Not sure if it's me who is the novice here or the price in Atlanta high?
  • Options
    I think that is an awesome deal.

I am in IL and I just came back from the dealer. They calculated my taxes on top of the price including the 2K incentive

Their base price was $41,100 for a Tech/Ent

Doc fees=$150
    Tax here is 7,25
    TItle=144

Total out of the door was $45,394 (insane!!)