Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    No ideas other than take it to the dealership as it is under warranty and they need to deal with it and fix it...

Good luck...
  • stranded4everstranded4ever Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to this site so sorry so late. My 1998 A6 has recently starting slipping the transmission. Odd that it also started happening quickly after my last service. I'm told that it's slipping in 3rd gear and that it will be ~$5.1K to install a new transmission. What a bummer. Any ideas?
  • bellaboxerbellaboxer Member Posts: 2
    I've had a recent problem with the auto climate control in my A6. None of the buttons (temp up or down, recycle, different vent locations, etc.) are working, it is stuck on one temperature, and stuck on one vent location (my feet). My mechanic says that there is a combination of buttons to push to wake the electrical system back up, but it's not working. Does anyone know what that combination of buttons might be or have any other suggestions? Is this a common problem?
  • brownbe2brownbe2 Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 2005 audi a6 3.2 which the executive drove. AT 16,000 miles the engine light came on. The service guy told me one of my cylinders were misfiring and the problem was fixed. I drove the car for another 200 miles and the engine light reappears and guess what the cylinder misfires and instead of cylinder 6 misfiring it was cylinder 4. Please some one help? Should I file a lemon law suit? :mad:
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    I believe you will need to give them another chance to fix it before jumping to litigation. This article may be helpful.

Getting Some Lemon-Aid From Your Lemon Maker
  • sonya1sonya1 Member Posts: 2
    In February 2005 AND in November 2005, the lower splash shield/splash pan fell off my 1998 Audi A-6 while driving down the highway at a high rate of speed. It nearly killed me in February, and it nearly killed my sister and parents in November, when my sister was driving.

After the February incident, Baillargeon Audi in Euless, TX. charged $287.61 to repair it!!! They suggested that whomever had last changed my oil had not secured the splash pan adequately. WRONG! The oil change place assured me that they had secured it.

The next time the oil was changed (9/05), I took the car to a different place and personally ENSURED that they SECURED the SPLASH PAN TIGHTLY, after I told them what had previously happened. They told me that the splash pan was not going ANYWHERE, and I watched as they tightened it the 2nd time, just to make sure.

Sure enough, the splash pan AGAIN came off under the vehicle while my sister was driving my parents on the freeway. It is a miracle no one was killed. Again, I had to pay for towing, etc. This time, I had the car taken to University Park Audi. The service people there said that the splash pan was missing 3 screws (which I KNOW had been attached, as I saw them), and that the likely reason the splash pan continues to come off is because the front end of the 1998 A-6 sits SO LOW to the ground. Thus, every time I park against a curb or hit a small bump in the road, the splash pan hits the ground, loses screws, and ultimately falls off. The dealership service folks said that this low front end problem has been fixed in newer models, but persists in older models.

No doubt, this problem will continue to occur, and I pray that no one is seriously injured or killed next time.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM?????
  • sonya1sonya1 Member Posts: 2
    In February 2005 AND in November 2005, the lower splash shield/splash pan fell off my 1998 Audi A-6 while driving down the highway at a high rate of speed. It nearly killed me in February, and it nearly killed my sister and parents in November, when my sister was driving.

After the February incident, Baillargeon Audi in Euless, TX. charged $287.61 to repair it!!! They suggested that whomever had last changed my oil had not secured the splash pan adequately. The oil change place assured me that they had secured it.

The next time the oil was changed (9/05), I took the car to a different place and personally ENSURED that they SECURED the SPLASH PAN TIGHTLY, after I told them what had previously happened. They told me that the splash pan was not going ANYWHERE, and I watched as they tightened it the 2nd time, just to make sure.

Sure enough, the splash pan AGAIN came off under the vehicle while my sister was driving my parents on the freeway. It is a miracle no one was killed. Again, I had to pay for towing, etc. This time, I had the car taken to University Park Audi. The service people there said that the splash pan was missing 3 screws (which I KNOW had been attached, as I saw them), and that the likely reason the splash pan continues to come off is because the front end of the 1998 A-6 sits SO LOW to the ground. Thus, every time I park against a curb or hit a small bump in the road, the splash pan hits the ground, loses screws, and ultimately falls off. The dealership service folks said that this low front end problem has been fixed in newer models, but persists in older models.

No doubt, this problem will continue to occur, and I pray that no one is seriously injured or killed next time. Is this the same as the A6 Underbody Engine Cover???? Any suggestions?
    Leave it off. Its not essential as far as I've heard, just there to decrease turbulence and dirt...
  • jkfjkf Member Posts: 1
    My 2000 A6 2.7 turbo made a loud popping noise as I was accelerating just as the turbo kicked in. The engine now idles rough and when the turbo kicks in there is a tremendous noise (like a jet engine). What could have blown out?
  • marleybarrmarleybarr Member Posts: 334
    My 2000 A6 was issued a TSB for fixing the bumper (making it stronger) when sliding over parking barriers. I haven't heard anything about the bottom spalsh pan coming off. I suspect that maybe one of the service technicians who changed the oil overtightened (and stripped the threads)for the screws holding the splash pan in place. It will be obvious by testing the screws to check if they just "keep turning" when tightening.
  • jodarjodar Member Posts: 53
    I posted a similar issue with the engine cover. It is called a belly pan. I am changing my own oil between dealer visits and found taking off the cover, without the use of a lift very cumbersome and time consuming. It did lose a few screws, but I was able to keep most of it secure and tucked part of it beneath the bumper cover. Eventually, it fell off on the highway. I contacted my dealer and the advice received from the Audi dealer, with regard to it being "okay" to leave it off is WRONG. The reason for this is the alternator sits relatively low in the engine and the belly pan serves as a shield against road grime and water from damaging/dirtying engine components.

My alternator failed again for the second time in just over one year. In fact, it was just two days after the one year warranty period! The dealer replaced the first alternator with a rebuilt Bosch unit and charged almost $1500 to replace it last year, which my warranty company paid minus the deductible. This year, I had another repair shop do it for about $500. The mechanic explained that the alternator had frozen up and was dirty and probably damaged from road water, salt and other contaminents. So, my advice from this experience is to keep the belly pan. It pays to price shop, even the dealer. I got two different quotes at different times from the same dealer. Ebay and some Audi parts companies may have it for less.
  • rpatchrpatch Member Posts: 5
    I just purchased a 2000 A6 2.7T Quattro. It has 48,000 miles and the gentleman that I bought it from seems to have been very conscientious. I have a few questions about care and maintainence and would appreciate any advice.

- The original owner pointed out that the check engine light is on and has been on for some time. He told me that the dealer couldn't find any problem with the car (and it runs fine with no warning messages), but that it would cost a bundle to reset the sensors and get the light reset. Should I pay it for the peace of mind?

- The car seems to be in perfect working order. Should I take it to a mechanic for a thourough inspection? Should it be an Audi dealership?

- Do you really put premium gas in it?

- Any helpful hints generally?

Thanks for your help. Best, Richard
  • kirby2010kirby2010 Member Posts: 136
    Congratulations. I think you'll like your car. Mine is a 2001 2.7T w/6-speed. The check engine light has come on twice in five years. The first time the gas cap was loose and the second time there was a failed heat sensor somewhere. My service manager told me there were over 1500 reasons why the check engine light would come on. An Audi service department should be able to run a diagnostic and pin point the problem.

I follow the service recommendations except that I get the oil changed at 5000 miles and the tires rotated at the same time. This has been a worthwhile investment in my opinion. Sometime ago there was a lengthy dialogue on this site regarding the merit of frequent oil changes. My view is the 10,000 recommendation is a compromise between Audi engineering, the marketing people who wanted to offer free maintenance during the warranty period, and the budget realists.

I also always use premium. The car has done well. Nearly five years and right at 70,000 miles. No mechanical problems. I did have a starting problem which turned out to be an intermittent electrical problem with a sensor somewhere. I also had a cracked window rail which made the window impossible to close electrically - it needed a push.

I'm in the market for a new car but this is too much fun. Good luck.
    Thanks so much for your response. I appreciate the vote of confidence in making the decsion to buy the car. I have never had a used car, but really liked the Audi and couldn't afford a new one.

I called my nearest Audi service center and asked them for recommendations for any necessary service and to help me get on a routine schedule. I am hoping that if I take care of the little problems and service it regularly, it will stay in good shape.

It is obviously fun and educational for me to chat about the car, so please let me know if you have any other thoughts. Best, Richard
  • jake25jake25 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a A6 3.2 on 12/13/04 and since then it has been in the dealer four times for the same problem. I am now in my 5th week without the car and they cannot seem to fix it. I have been speaking with the dealer and Audi USA on a daily basis. I have been informed by an attorney that four times is the magic number for repair attemts. :lemon: Good Luck
  • john56john56 Member Posts: 8
    My drivers window is stopping part way, then retracting then up some more, then retracting, then after some work up all the way.

What is the problem - Motor, regulator or switch?

This is only the second real problem I have had with the car in 30K miles and I bought it used at 45K miles.

Love the car but won't use dealer due to $$$$$. I use Universal Imports as they are much easier to deal with and they are a little less than dealer prices.

With winter in Rochester, this is an important issue. Thanks
    John
  • hannabhannab Member Posts: 26
    The same thing has been happening to the left rear window on my '02 A6 2.7T. Since it is still under warranty I requested the dealer repair it at the 20K, 30K and 40K services, (3 different dealer service depts)yet it still occurs from time to time. The quick fix is to grasp the window when it stops in the upward motion and gently tug forward, I find it moves forward about 1/4 inch. Then it should continue all the way up.

The last visit the service writer suggested it was a safety feature! Nice, for a 45K car. Since my lease is up shortly, I will not get to follow this saga any longer.
    I own the same year and model Audi. The check engine light has come on once over the last 5 years. Defective oxygen sensor was the cause and repalcement was the cure.

There is a reason for the "check engine" light, it should be investigated.

The car does seem to run better on Premium and the engine is designed for 92+ octane.

As far as the Audi dealer inspecting the car, your post sounds like you have already purchased the vehicle. I would havew the oil changed immediately and monitor all fluid levels weekly when filling w/fuel. For service, I have used local independent mechanics and the dealer, depending on the problem with the car and the warranty status of the issue.

Usually, a good local mechanic that knows the Audi will charge less than the dealer with his sky-high overhead situation.

Whatever you do, do NOT ever bring your Audi under any circumstances to a 10-minute oil change place, they don't understand your car, (or any car, IMHO) and you will be sorry.

I would change to 0w-40 full synthetic oil, noticed a big difference in winter starts and takeoff.
  • john56john56 Member Posts: 8
    Stopped by the shop I use. To completely fix will be about 300 for both front windows which is not too bad. They greased it up and it is working well. Did not charge me anything and did it when I dropped by.

I have had pretty good luck. 30K miles this year and only repair work was frozen caliper. Pricey fix at about $600 for new caliper and brake job.

Anyway, things are back to running correctly and I am happy.

John
  • pshah1pshah1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

Bought a used 2003 A6 2.7T from a dealer about 3 weeks ago, the car is great, but I am experiencing a few problems, any help advice would be appreciated.

1. There is a vibration between 45mph and above, seems like wheel balancing, could it be something else?
    2. the horn does not work, however the panic mode does sound off, and do does the wimpy one in the back when you alarm the car
    3. A warning light went on, this was for the auto leveling headlights, but it went on only once, and now does not comeback, so is everything ok then?

Any ideas if the above items are covered by warranty? I have the Certified upto 100k warranty, the car has 52k miles on it right now.

Thanks
    Not sure about the vibration as it may be the tires, but all the other should absolutely be covered. Take it in and have the service advisor look at it.
  • halofanhalofan Member Posts: 37
    Well, make this 4th time in 9 months my 05 A6 will be back to the dealer for the AirBag light. I am told all the usual things by Audi, they are opening a "hotline" blah blah...bottom line is, I'm beginning to wonder if this problem will ever be fixed, or is it a sign of a greater electrical problem...I get the impression this could be a serious problem, I've read about the Lemon Law in California, but does anyone think I would have a case? My car will have been out of service a combined 18-20 days as a result of this latest snafu. I love the car, but I hate this. :confuse:
  • kgarykgary Member Posts: 180
    I had the same problem with mine a few weeks after I picked it up. It turned out to be a sensor in the rear seat. It has now been 9 months and the problem has not returned. Good luck.
  • legendmanlegendman Member Posts: 362
    2005 Audi A6 3.2

The round navigation scroll wheel on the MMI has come completely loose (as in, it comes off in your hand) and needs to be repaired or replaced.

Can anyone advise if they have had (or heard) of this problem; and how long this type of repair will take and if they need the car over night?
    The reason that the battery drains in my A6 (2.4Se petrol) is that the brake lights come on overnight!

That's astonishing. How did you discover that?

There may be another reason too for the battery being weak. The A6 has software which controls when the battery is charged, and how soon the recharging process is commanded to commence.

I found this out after I kept noticing that the battery level indicator in the MMI would show that the battery was very low despite my having driven the car for one hour and a half -- more than enough time to charge it up past the levels the MMI screen displayed.

Audi did a software adjustment No problem since. This might have been covered in a TSB, not sure (Audi technical service bulletin).

In any event, you may want to ask your dealer whether or not your car's battery management software was checked during prior visits for service.
  • jessicak2jessicak2 Member Posts: 5
    I have a 1999 Audi A6. I used to have a Passat and it handled great in the snow. My Audi "fish-tails" on every corner even when I'm going really slow. It does not stop well at all. It seems like I may have problem with my AWD...does anyone know anything about this?
    Has anyone found a good extended warranty company to use to Audi's. One that's not extremely expensive? Thanks!
  • erickplerickpl Member Posts: 2,735
    Probably a tire selection. What are you currently using for tires?

-Paul
    Mine was a rear seat sensor as well, which fixed it the last time. Now, they are telling me they are getting different fault codes. Who knows, but at least I have an awesome 4 cylinder Chrysler Cirrus rattle trap to drive in the mean time!
    I had a similar problem after my accident. In my case, the button didn't come off in my hand, but would spin freely without any friction and didn't change volume at all. It was replaced in a half-day session. I called them and they preordered the part, then I brought the car in when it arrived. Overall, very painless. No further problems with it since.
    Mine is doing both. It does come completely off it's post, and when I put it back on, it slips around when I am trying to select radio stations or CDs -- working intermittently.

Do you know if they had to take apart any of the floor mounted console, and replace the underlying scroll stylus that the wheel mates with, or did they just glue (?) another scroll wheel on?

You mentioned volume in your post. Are you talking about the little console mounted volume wheel on the right hand side, or the larger, centrally mounted MMI main control scroll wheel?

I am a bit concerned that such an integral part would be failing so soon in its service life. I would like to see Audi extend the warranty for the MMI. I would also like to say premium gas at $1.75 a gallon. Which do you think is more likely?

;-)
    I get the oil changed at 5000 miles and the tires rotated at the same time. This has been a worthwhile investment in my opinion. Sometime ago there was a lengthy dialogue on this site regarding the merit of frequent oil changes. My view is the 10,000 recommendation is a compromise between Audi engineering, the marketing people who wanted to offer free maintenance during the warranty period, and the budget realists.

I could not agree more. Very good advice and your analysis is right on, IMO.

By the way, starting this month, my Audi dealer in Southern California will start using ELF brand full synthetic oil -- Excellium LDX 5W-40. This oil was made to meet Audi's exact specifications for the late model A6 engines (They have other grades that match other VW/Audi engines as well). Based on my research and conversations with distributors, this is the "Ferrari" of Motor Oils. It appears superlative in every respect.

The only two worthy competitors would be Mobil 1 Extended Performance (0W-40) and Amsoil (5W-40) -- both of which are true, PAO ester based synthetics. All the others including Castrol Syntec, Valvoline SynPower, and even the standard Mobil 1 now contain quantities of highly refined organic crude oils.

Given that this ELF Excellium Synthetic was specially formulated for and produced at the request of VW/Audi (and thus has their formal seal of approval), and that it's a 5W-40 pure synthetic*, and that ELF (Europe's Oil Comanies Total/Fina and Motul brand oils) has decades of Formula 1 race car experience and oil manufacturing, I will be going with the ELF at my 5,000 mile interval, and every 5k after that. The best oil, and prudent drain intervals, equate to the cheapest engine longevity insurance money can buy. That's my humble opinion, anyway.

(*If I lived in sub-freezing Northern climates I might consider the 0W-40 Mobil 1 Extended during the frigid winter months)
    if they have the part in stock, than it should be done while you wait. I had it happen to me, and they didn't have the part so I waited a day. I actually combined it with another repair.
    The front Tires are Eagle brand and the back are Toyo. Would the size of the tires help? I can get that info also. Thanks!!
    I apologize, I didn't read your initial post correctly. Mine is the dial on the steering wheel, and it was replaced enblock. I don't know about the MMI knob, but expect it would be easy to replace but cannot comment as to how much they have to disassemble the console...
    Sorry, I didn't type correctly in my initial message containing my question - it didn't make sense. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any extended warranty companies for Audi vehicles. Companies that provide good coverage and are not extremely expensive.
    Edmunds.com has a page or two on this very subject. Worth reading.

I happen to know about a couple plans. My local area German independent repair shop, serving BMW, Mercedes, and Porsche sells it. It's called MILLENENIUM Automotive Protection Plan. They have various coverages from just the power train to complete bumper to bumper.

I also know that GEICO sells them too, though you need to have a traditional automobile insurance policy (collision, liability, etc) with them first, before they will sell you the mechanical break down insurance. Their "MBI" insurance may just be for newer cars -- I am not sure. http://geico.com/auto/safety/mbi.htm

Let me say quite clearly that I know NOTHING about the quality of these plans whatsoever, good or bad. Having said that, at least we have all heard of Geico.

Let us know if you are able to find a good plan. I will certainly want one if I decide to keep my 2005 A6 after the warranty ends. I have heard that Audi's get very expensive to maintain!

Here's some of what GEICO says about their plan:

GEICO’s Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI) is designed to protect you from these bumps along the road. After a $250 deductible, MBI covers repairs to all mechanical parts of the car - except for maintenance and wear and tear. That means you'll never be saddled with unanticipated and expensive repair bills.

Special Protection For New Cars: MBI is specially designed to protect your new or leased car that is less than 15 months old and with less than 15,000 miles. Once you've purchased MBI, you can renew it for up to seven years or 100,000 miles (whichever comes first).

Better Than An Extended Warranty: GEICO’s MBI provides better coverage and is cheaper than the typical dealer extended warranty. MBI coverage: Includes all parts and systems-not just the specific list of items covered by most dealer warranties. Saves you money. You pay only a small premium each policy period-not a large lump-sum payment up front. Lets you get your car repaired wherever you like.
  • rkarka Member Posts: 3
    There is an intermittent problem (gradually getting more often, now about 30%) when I turn the key to switch off the engine it continues to run until I take my foot off the brake. Naturally when I take it to the dealer it works perfectly. The service manager is supposed to be trying to find out if AoA know anything about this but after 4 weeks he still has no idea of the cause. Has anyone out there heard of this type of problem or have any idea what might be causing it. My main concern is that this changes from a not stopping problem to a not Starting problem at the most inconvenient time. Thanks to anyone with info. :confuse:
  • rkarka Member Posts: 3
    Should have mentioned it is 2003 A6 3L quattro. 50500 miles, just out of warranty!!!!!!! :blush:
    I second legendman's post. I think all would agree that Audi's need extended warranties if kept beyond the manufacture initial warranty. I suggest you speak with the service rep wherever you intend to have your car worked on (dealership or local foreign mechanic) and see who they prefer to deal with, because when it all hits the fan, you will need their support and help in getting the warranty company to pay for the repairs.

I've heard of great warranty companies on the forums but when discussing them with my service rep, was told they hated them and had difficulty getting them to pay the going rate for mechanic repairs, etc... so it pays to ask around. That being said, I also have heard that Honda Motor Corp offers extended warranties on certain manufacturers, including Audi. I've been eyeing it myself lately...
  • sobrokenowsobrokenow Member Posts: 3
    A reputable dealership in Buffalo NY offered to sell me a 2000 A6 2.7T for 15000 before tax. The car has 64,000 miles on it. They claimed to have had an oil leak fixed (2400$) at the Audi dealership prior to selling me the car. And they told me the brakes may need to be replaced soon although they pass New York State inspection for now. I had the car evaluated by my own mechanic (they werent expecting this), and he told me 1) the turbos were still covered in oil (actively leaking vs just not cleaned off), 2) front brakes need to be replaced, 3) check engine light just came on. If the dealership addresses all these problems do you suppose its a good deal. Or does it sound like the car is going to cause more trouble.
    I loved driving the A6 and although I can get a newer A4 for the same price, its just not quite the same feeling......
    Comments, Suggestions..?
    If the dealership addresses all these problems do you suppose its a good deal. Or does it sound like the car is going to cause more trouble?

I think that down deep you already know the answer. This car is trouble. Walk away from this one; better yet, run!

I doubt that I would buy a used Audi that was more than 3 or 4 years old, and then only with a solid warranty attached.

I am sure that there are better cars out there. Keep searching ... you'll find one.
    I took my new to me 2000 A6 to be inspected today. The check engine light is on and the test came back with 2 trouble codes reported. The codes are P1128 and P1130. I found a code explanation on the web and it says that they are "Long Term Fuel Trim mult.,Bank1 System too Lean" and Long Term Fuel Trim mult.,Bank2 System too Lean.

I have an appointment to have Audi take a look and hopefully fix. Does anyone know anything about this (these) issues? Expensive? Difficult?
    ledgendman and liferules ~ Thanks for the information!! That helps a lot...I was searching online for warranty companies but wasn't sure which companies were trustworthy and established. I will check into these suggestions and let you know what I find out.
    I drive the same 2000 A6 w/ 87,000 miles, the "check engine light" has come on once---faulty oxygen sensor was replaced. Charged about $200.00.
    Update to my on-going saga with my Airbag light. After 4 trips and nearly 25 days without my car in a 9 month period, I received an incredible birthday present from Audi. They are taking my car back and giving me another one! I'm pretty excited. I had been in contact with AoA over the last few days and they knew I was frustrated because there wasn't anything for the dealer left to do. They asked how they could make the situation right and I suggested a replacement vehicle would go a long way toward restoring my confidence in Audi. This was yesterday.

Today, I got the good news. Obviously, Audi stepped up and made a commitment to me to make me a satisfied customer. The deal should be done, that is, I can choose my replacement and have it delivered in mid-Jan. A couple of words of advice when dealing with Audi.

1. Be professional, if you are angry, don't show it, I think they'd have told me to pound sand if I'd have started yelling at them, then this thing would have taken much longer with lawyers etc...they didn't HAVE to do this right away like this, this could have been a dog fight.

2. I told them how much I love my Audi, and do! And how much I just wanted it to be right. They concurred and told me that they wanted to make me a satisfied customer since this is my first Audi.

3. I told them I wanted to be a loyal customer and wasn't interested in taking the money and buying a competitor.

Now obviously, they can't buy back everybody's car, but I was happy to see them make a strong commitment to me about what Audi is about and trying to do with their new models.

So that's it, a happy ending so far. Since I get an 06, I've noticed some option packages have changed which I should be getting a little more car for about the same money. :D:D:D:D
    Halofan,

That's great news! I'm happy to hear that AOA is taking customer satisfaction seriously. This goes a long way in making future buyers more confident in Audi.
  • rappaportrappaport Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have any advice for me. I am livid.
    I love Audis .This is my sixth(A6) and I was waiting for my new lease to arrive this week. I was 3,000 miles over the 50,000 warranty, never had a problem and had all regular maintenance, when I broke down. The dealer says its a $6000 repair bill in order to turn in the car. First they said it was the fuel pump,Now it is also the timing chain and they have to rebuild all six cylindrer heads. My research says that they don't even recommend looking at timing belts till 90,000. The dealer won't budge and I have lodged my complaints with Audi of America. They say they will get back to me on Tuesday!
    ANY thoughts?
    PLUs they have a $500 deposit on the next lease
  • jlocasciojlocascio Member Posts: 1
    The Mass Air flow sensor is a likely problem. I had the same
    error codes. If the vehicle is under the emissions warranty limit ( 70K or 80K miles depending upon who you talk to) you
    wont have to worry. If not, the repair expense could exceed $350. Physically replacing the part is simple, but it needs to be tuned to the on-board electronics and requires about 1 hr labor at a dealership. :sick:
  • barresebarrese Member Posts: 1
    You can have mine, I have had it with my 2006 A6 with about 7,000 miles. they have simply made these things too complicated for their service people to handle. Windows go down by themselves, lights stay on in the auto setting,gas gauge incorrectly calibrated and with all the technology you can't even interface with an ipod.
    Never again