Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Armada

Comments

• clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    Given there are unkowns with the armada. I bought the first year Infiniti FX and have been very satisfied and impressed with the build quality and performance thus far. Yes it has had some teething problems but nothing major in my book. The toy just cannot give me the features I desire (folding third row, rear backup sensors, bose etc) The ford comes the closest but don't want to get absolutely slaughtered in resale. The Armada gives me what I want and if I can get it for what I want to pay it will be great.
  • bowke28bowke28 Member Posts: 2,185
    wont be available till next week, but the difference in materials between this and the prototype is amazing!!!
  • bmwdougbmwdoug Member Posts: 248
    I believe the Armada is a winner. I am going to either purchase it or the new Titan Quad Cab. As far as France goes, who is kidding who? Iraq has been a disaster. Don't blame them because W lied to us all about Hussein being linked to 9/11, Non existant weapons of mass destruction and the need to go to war.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Let's not foray too far into politics! Thanks.

tidester, host
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    Nothing can turn a good thread ugly like politics.

Bob
  • ar15ar15 Member Posts: 58
    I thought we were discussing patriotism.
    way off-topic.

Bob
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    Toyota Sequoia is a proven, reliable vehicle with great resale. The Armada may be reliable but very few Nissan vehicles have the high resale of a comparable Toyota.
        Nissan does not have the resale of Toyota and Honda in the United States nor do Nissan vehicles sell as well new or used as Toyota or Honda.
  • berisimusberisimus Member Posts: 31
    Does anyone know if Nissan will offer xenon headlights as an option on the Armada?
  • jschoberjschober Member Posts: 18
    Who buys a vehicle with the primary purchase decision being re-sale value? Maybe my grandma and "ar15". I'm 26 and love to fly in my '03 Max, soon to take flight in my '04 Armada. Sensibility VS. Passion. Baby that's what it's all about!
    Anybody have a listing of colors??
    is determined by supply and demand, like anything else. I'm sure with the new-found popularity of recent Nissan products, their resale will also be on the upswing.

Those who put such a high priority on resale... go buy a Toyota or Honda, and then come back in a few years when Nissan's resale values approach those of Toyota and Honda.

Bob
    Here are a bunch of close-up shots taken by an Edmunds poster who was at the show. Enjoy. :)

mbunting "Nissan Dunehawk concept" Sep 26, 2003 6:27pm

Bob
  • renonevadarenonevada Member Posts: 69
    I've had both Toys and Sans. Both are equally reliable. My personal vehicle is a 1991 Hardbody that I bought new. Still drive it everyday. Refuses to die. Utterly reliable with 187,000 miles. Nissans, historically, are a little cheaper, i.e., more bang for the buck. It's true that their resale value is less than Toyotas, BUT resale is low on my priority list. Reliablilty and value are tops. The Armada will be a hit, just as most new Nissan designs.

Viewed the DuneHawk jpegs. Nice truck. If it is ever produced, the price will be extortious. Somewhere between $75,000 to $110,000 based on comparable technologies (look at the MB G500).

Politics aside, are we supposed to send the Statue of Liberty back to France? Yes? No?
    Politics aside, are we supposed to send the Statue of Liberty back to France?

And that's not a political question? Nice try!

Be careful what you ask for. They may decide to send Jerry Lewis back to US! :-)

tidester, host
  • renonevadarenonevada Member Posts: 69
    Since we have refrained from consuming Idaho potatoes with the name FRENCH fries, and we now drink any wines BUT the ones from France, how far are we willing to carry this silliness? I know, I know, this is not the place to discuss this issue. Sorry for the detour.

Back to Toys vs. Sans, I read Healey's report on the Armada in USATODAY online. Very favorable except he doesn't like the truck's frontend looks: too generic, in his opinion. But what does he know? He is only a newspaper reporter.
  • ruskiruski Member Posts: 1,566
    that's what the liberal media want you to believe.
    Whether one agrees, I know this discussion will become a disaster if the political sniping persists.

Try REAL HARD to refrain - as difficult as I know it is!

Thanks.

tidester, host
  • SteveSatchSteveSatch Member Posts: 20
    Can someone tell me what kind of 4 wheel drive system the Armada has?
    Thanks,
    Steve
    im not going to list everything, but if anyone wants to know the price of a specifically equipped model, i'll add it up and let you know.
  • peter_in_atlpeter_in_atl Member Posts: 42
    The pricing link posted earlier showed N/C for a split second row bench seat on an LE. Is that standard or are the dual buckets standard in an LE?

From what I've seen listed, I'm thinking about an LE 4x4 with the Technology Package.
    LE has buckets standard, but you can opt down to the bench...thats why there is no charge. LE 4x4 with technology package will be $45150 including technology package and D&D. you can upgrade further if you wish with a DVD entertainment system for $1500, or satellite radio for $400. total top line price would be $47050 before accessories.
    Accessories? What other accessories would you get in an LE?
    these are for all models:

rear splash guards: $50
    Microfilter: $50
    floor/cargo mat (6-piece): $200
    front splash guards: $50
    front/rear splash guards: $100
    cargo tray: $70
    grille guard: $590
    Got a call from a local dealer that the Armada was in. So I stopped by and took a look. I have to say I am impressed the model I saw was a stripper SE 4x2 with microfilter, floor mats and splash guards, Total was a tad over 34k.

It was fresh off the truck and still being prepped as I walked around it. This truck is well equipped in base form. Full power, rear sonar, air curtains, 6cd changer, keyless entry, rear air and sound. All this for 34k.

The truck looks very good in person it is the same size as the expy. The interior cloth seemed a little low grade but not as bad as what is in the expy but not as good as the toyota cloth seats. the second row could fit 7 footers the space is just immense. The third row was fully functional but didn't seem as roomy as the expy. the guy preppeing it had the stereo up and it sounded ok playing an fm signal on the non bose system.

I will drive it this weekend with my family and report back on the driving dynamics but it still seems like a winner after checking it out in the flesh.
    are an extra in a $47,000 vehicle?
  • mkarpmkarp Member Posts: 22
    I am wondering if anyone has any information on the gas mileage. I am thinking with such a large truck and V8 it will be low, 12 - 15? Are the numbers listed on the sticker for anyone who has seen one? thanks
    14 city, 19 hwy in the 4x2, 14 city, 17 hwy in 4x4.

this is according to pre-production info. from nissan.

floor mats are optional on EVERY nissan vehicle...the dealers just dont order them without very often.
  • dverespeydverespey Member Posts: 56
    Not bad, it's about the same as the smaller V6 Pathy.
  • jim52jim52 Member Posts: 161
    Anyone know approximately how long the wait will be after ordering? Does anyone know if there are any dealerships in the Philadelphia area that have them on the lots?
    Does anyone have what colors will be available on the NPA. . .for the wife!
    Local store had a couple in the front. Had a barebones LE 4x2. I'm not sure if I like the second row buckets. None of the sales folks came out so it was nice to just look. One thing I didn't see was how is the gap covered when you remove the center console and fold down the seats?
    said earlier in the week that we had one...it turned out to be someone else's on the truck with our quests. ours will be a few more days, but the one i saw was great...loaded LE 4x4. i think ours will be the same when it gets here.
    Is it just front/back or is it also dirver/passenger?
    Do the Bucket seats come with a console in between? I'd prefer it not to allow for access to the third row withough having to push a seat forward (will have 2 car seats in the second row).
    You remove the cupholder liner to expose the latch.
    thanks. Do you know how it looks when it is removed - i.e. does it look like something should be there but is missing?
    on the SE it is just front and back. The LE has Driver and passenger also. So in the Le it is basically a three zone system.
  • nomariannomarian Member Posts: 19
    I passed by a local dealer and they had 5 Armada 4x2 SE on the lot. 1 Silver, 1 White and 3 Black. Can't imagine black in the Texas heat. I stopped by and scanned one. It looks very nice, but I really want to see an LE. They said they were coming in next week.
    I didn't take it out. I'm sure it'll be like any other vehicle that has a seat removed. You'll probably see where it's supposed to latch.

Thanks for the info. I wish Nissan's website would show configuration options.
  • pfarmadapfarmada Member Posts: 39
    Just picked up a new Armada SE 4X4 Offroad. As a previous owner of several full size sport utes ,including Sequoia and Suburban, I can say that they it will be in strong contention with the top dogs in its class.
    Congrats on your new ride! :)

Bob
    Which dealer you go to. I went to Tom Peacock and they have gotten three this week. 1 Silver se with leather 1 Sea Blue base se and a white LE that they have already put chrome wheels on.

pfarmada -Do you mind sharing what options your car had, how much you paid and where you purchased it?
    Deep or light? How do you like the color, clpurnell?
    It is more of a blue green color. Not breal blue but not real green. Have not seen this color on any other nissans I can think of. Not like the coral blue on the altima or the navy on the maxima. I think it is a nice color for those who want more than white or silver but not so bold as black or red. This was the first car they got in on monday it was a base model with just splash guards, floor mats and air filter. Sticker was 34k.
    I will take my digital camera and take some pics of the colors I see this weekend.
    Are these expected to sell for pretty close to Sticker since they are just coming out? Our local dealer said they did not have a wait list so maybe the demand is not great enough to warrant this.
    Don't know I hope not a discounted sequoia(albeit not as well equipped) will beat a base armada in cost by about 2k. I figure once the dealers have decent stock the discounts will come. They have to every other Full size SUV is being sold for 4k(sequioa)-12k(suburban) off sticker.
    but every other full size SUV has a higher sticker too.
    I agree but a base 2004 sr5 with 6cd keyless alloys and convience group stickers for 36k now that rear air and some other features are standard on the sequioa. You can buy said vehicle for 32k. Now the Armada stickers at 34k (very reasonable) and has more features (18" wheels, rear sensor, 300+hp) but it's 2k more now toyota has a rep that some have netioned and the armada is all new. if I could get an armada for the same price as the seqouia I am a new customer very quickly. EVen though the tahoe, expy and etc can be had much cheaper I'm not willing to take that chance. Just saying if dealers are competitive the armada that ius already a bargain would be a steal.