Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hummer H3

Comments

• michael10michael10 Member Posts: 29
    I say the H3 yesterday at NY auto show, and they said mid summer, and base in the low 30's.
  • drbdrb Member Posts: 1
    I have ordered my first 14 and we are expecting them the end of May beginning of June. It is slated to start at 29,500 and top out under 40k with nav. But as with most first run productions nav is on restraint from GM until probably the end of summer. The in-line 5 is nice in that truck. I have driven it and the 4.56 rear makes a big difference getting torque and power to the road.
  • funpilotfunpilot Member Posts: 66
    I also saw the H3 at NY auto show. It is a very impressive looking truck. Only thing that will hurt it now is the rising price of fuel.
  • michael10michael10 Member Posts: 29
    Exactly why they should be have a diesel option. The belief that Americans don't like diesels is going to change very quickly as the price of gas continues to rise.
  • 2fastdre2fastdre Member Posts: 59
    I saw the H3 at the Denver Auto Show - it was roped off so I didn't get a chance to climb inside and really check it out though. :( The Hummer dealer representatives at the show were next to useless about helping out with H3 specific info, so that was another bummer.

Other than that I like the outside looks - although the side windows look very small. I wonder if I will get clusterphobic inside of this thing?

Still waiting for diesel version. :)

2FastDre.
    I heard on another Hummer site that pricing will be released on April 21. That is when they start production. :lemon:
  • pilotdog68pilotdog68 Member Posts: 4
    i think both the H2 and new H3 were dumb ideas, especially in the gas deprived world we live in today. plus they ruined the hummer name.
    now that i've seen the H3, i'd rather drive a Geo than a Hummer!
    :lemon: it was a lemon before they startde production
  • 2fastdre2fastdre Member Posts: 59
    H2 made GM a lot of money (high margin) - so it was a good idea for them. I will not get into the agruement about the Hummer name. I don't feel stringly on that either way.

2FastDre.
    Will start at under $29,000.......
    So when is Edmunds going to put in the pricing on the H3.....it is out?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    All we're saying is ""Expect to see it on sale in late spring or early summer with prices in the $30,000-$40,000 range." 2006 HUMMER H3 Preview.

There's a link there that you can use to register and get email updates from us and HUMMER.

From our FAQ:

"We strive to release information on new vehicles as soon as possible. However, we don’t launch pages for new makes or models in the New Vehicles section of our site until we have sufficient information, including the vehicle’s suggested retail price and invoice price. "

Steve, Host
  • anhedonicanhedonic Member Posts: 8
    $29,500 base MSRP...per GM last Friday.
    Just found out that the H3 will not have them at this time. Seems that GMC is once again showing its true capabilities...I thought I was going to buy American but am now having second thoughts.....Going over to read the Honda forums on their new truck...
  • briposbripos Member Posts: 1
    The H3 sure looks nice. Has anyone heard when dealers will receive an H3 so we can actually touch it, sit in it, drive it? I saw one at the Philly Auto Show but could not get within 5 feet of it.
    I believe the trucks will be getting to the dealers end of May and early June. Whether any can be driven is a good question....my guess is the best you will be able to do is sit in them as probably everyone that first comes in will be already sold.

I have decided to still get the H3 but wait for the side curtain airbags.
  • got1bgot1b Member Posts: 48
    I work in St. Louis and on my ride home yesterday I drove past a car carrier with at least 5 H3s traveling west on I64 by Chesterfield. I remember a white and green one, not sure the other colors. They were nice looking vehicles. The one window sticker I managed to see had a city MPG of 16. Can't remember if highway was 19 or 21.
  • garybrunegarybrune Member Posts: 1
    The earlier you buy the sooner you get to take them in for recall.
    Sad, but true.....even my new Prius has been recalled 4 times.
  • bigdaddycoatsbigdaddycoats Member Posts: 1,058
    Yes, they do have them. Check again.
    As of this posting, the side curtain aribags are still not available....so I am getting mine without them. All H3s are being held at the factory because of some "glitch" that they are fixing....only exceptions are the demo cars going out.
  • bigdaddycoatsbigdaddycoats Member Posts: 1,058
    Say about 5 H3s on the road. All GM company cars. One was nest to a H2. The H3 really does look smaller. I still like it though.
    The first H3s for sale are being sent today. The factory has a 3000 truck backlog and hopes to have them all sent in the next two weeks. I presume the glitch, whatever it is, was fixed
    "This isn't just a novelty off-road vehicle. This is a well-mannered SUV with a smooth ride and an attractive, comfortable cabin. It needs more power, but as it is, it might still be GM's best midsize SUV."

First Drive: 2006 Hummer H3 (Inside Line)

I feel like I'm talking to myself. Anyone buying?

Steve, Host
  • nissan350znissan350z Member Posts: 81
    I might see myself interested in one of these H3. The H2 is good, but still a little too much money for me. My wife like driving SUVs so might not be a bad idea.
  • rencorenco Member Posts: 38
    Date Posted 01-01-3000?
    Date Posted 01-01-3000?

I've seen that before on a few articles, but I don't see it today. I think we may be testing to make sure the site doesn't crash because of the Y3K bug....

Steve, Host
  • vanman1vanman1 Member Posts: 1,397
    Glad to see Edmunds like it.

I have seen 3 "first drives" and they are all very positive. Personally I like the I-5, mileage numbers are very reasonable and the engine is smooth.
  • baby_hummerbaby_hummer Member Posts: 1
    I'm buying...got a VIN on Friday. Should show up at the dealership in the next 1-3 weeks. Black on black - Lux series. I worry a little about it being underpowered, but, for the most part, I think it's going to be a well-rounded vehicle.
  • hummerloverhummerlover Member Posts: 1
    Anyone found a better deal that $1500 off MSRP ? My dealer has about 15 to choose from in the next month
    I read that there rumors the I-5 will get a turbo option next year. I have also
    seen that most reviewers think power is sufficient but some people who want the
    power will wait.
    Where is this dealer? All I got was $500 off.
    I'm sure these will be going at close to list for a while.
  • nissan350znissan350z Member Posts: 81
    Yeah maybe even more so because it was will cheaper too, so they won't have to rebate much on the H3 for a while. Unless the H2 drops a lot in price used you won't have to worry about them taking the H3 sales away.
  • arkitectarkitect Member Posts: 75
    does anyone know if hummer will come out with an sut version of the h3 like they did with the h2 sut
    I would not be surprised to see one in a year or two.
    Well, my original order was built then put on QC hold....so I passed on that vehicle. By the time I found out they are now putting in the side curtain airbags so I have ordered that version. So, now how long will I have to wait?
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    I got to test drive a H3 today and it was really nice. My wife and I added the H3 to a very short list as a replacement vehicle for my '01 Escape XLT V6-T 4WD. I have to admit it is about the size of a Grand Cherokee, Pilot, or Exploder. The only thing my wife (who is 5' 6") didn't like about it was the step in height. We tested a Base with Auto tranny and was stickered at $30,516. It did not have any side step to help her get into the vehicle. I felt like it has enough power to spare, but was a little load (noisy) out on the highway (at 65 mph). All in all it was a nice vehicle.

Odie
  • bcookbcook Member Posts: 4
    Reliable word has it that in a couple of years the H3 is going to have a killer powertrain. Those are all the details I can give. I'll definitely be giving it a look as I'll be replacing my Xterra in two years and the reliability picture for the H3 should be clear by then as well.
    Can always add a step or get it thrown in the deal.
  • brianabriana Member Posts: 24
    Has anyone leased an H3 yet? Was looking to see what they were going for. I contacted one dealer and he gave me a residual of 62% on 3 years, 12K miles and a lease rate of 7.75% (which is about a 0.00323 money factor). Lease rate is pretty high, was wondering what anyone else has seen for the hummer.
  • neobitzneobitz Member Posts: 8
    I'm talking with the dealership now on leasing. I'm looking at 48mo w/ 15k miles/yr and was quoted the 52% residual and 7.75% rate. Every other place I look, the residual is estimated at 41%.

Will I be able to use a "real" GM in the Driveway docount on the 2006 H3? If so, how would the price be computed? This would be my first GM vehicle so I'm not familiar with how they work things. I just know I have the real discount at my disposal (if I can use it), not the current public promition, which we know can't be used on 2006 vehicles. I'm sure I will find everything out when I talk with the dealer, but any advice/tips before signing the papers would be greatly appreciated.

--Thanks, Jeff
    You didn't get the 52% and 41% residual quoted for the same 48 months/15K did you? The residual is going to differ based on how many years and the miles you get, but if you are being quoted 2 different residuals on the same terms that would be insane.

I think I'm going to go test drive the H3 today myself to see if I even like it before I go through all the numbers. I sent out emails to 3 dealers for quotes and only 1 got back to me, so I think I'm going to see what I can get out of them when I go in tonight. I'm curious about what discounts you are talking about though, I haven't heard anything being available on the H3 since it just came out. They're going to be pretty strict about the pricing for a little while (thus the reason why you have a 7.75% rate).
  • dedomandedoman Member Posts: 24
    I just test drove an H3 (sold my H2) yesterday. The rep. advises they are creating a whole Hummer line to include an "H3T" .. meaning there will be a truck version of the H3! He even went on to advise they are also plans to build a sports vehicle "Hummer" name badge.
    Drove the H3 yesterday. Nice truck, soooo slow though. That is to be expected going from a bmw 330 to the H3, but I wish it had a little more power.

The dealer told me they aren't selling below msrp and on the leases they have a 7.75% rate and they will stay like that through the rest of the year. He also said there are no discounts b/c of GM since it is an 06 model. I don't know how much of what he said is car salesman talking or the truth.....probably somewhere in between.
    I got the 52% from the dealer for 48m/15k, and the 41% for the same term was what I could find online (leasecompare.com). So, with the higher residual and higher rate, it was still better than the 41% at a lower rate (around 5%).

I did take delivery of my 06' H3 last night. Here is what I got:

Boulder Gray, Luxary Package, Auto, Chrome Apperance, Chrome Rims, Moonroof, XM, Black Tubular stepbar -- that's pretty much it I think.

I signed a 48m/15k lease through GMAC and I and used the GM in the Driveway program -- since I was eligable. :shades:

--Jeff
    Taking off slower just gives the others around a little longer to stare...

--Jeff