Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler Town & Country Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    tedebeartedebear Member Posts: 832
    MSRP $31820 + Tax + TTL

FP Program Price $29513 + Tax + TTL
    Less $1500 Manufacturer rebate

Total Paid
    $28013 + Tax + TTL

Hmm...did the dealer show you the actual invoice price sheet? The reason I'm asking is that I just configured a 2008 T&C Touring with the 25K package and all the options you listed via the employee discount website. The MSRP came out exactly the same but the discount price is different. Here's what I had:

MSRP: $31,820
    EC: $26,848
    Friends: $27,340

The two discount prices shown above include the current $1,500 rebate and $730 destination but not tax or TTL. Add a $200 program fee to the EC price.

Here's what Chrysler says about the discount prices on the employee website:

Employee Price Discount is provided as an estimate only. Actual Employee Pricing may be found on the dealer invoice.

I know they say what I posted is an estimate. I could maybe see a few dollars but that's a $673 difference. Just trying to make sure you didn't overpay. Maybe I'm missing something - it's been a long day at the office. :sick:

You didn't mention any dealer add-ons, such as tinted glass, stripes, etc. That would increase the price and they are popular high profit additions. Also, they can tack on up to a $75 documentation fee.

Demand to see the invoice if you didn't already. Look for the PP price code on the sheet. That's the Friends price before any rebate or dealer add-ons.

Anyway, did you get your "I need to be the coolest DAD right away!" award? :shades:
  • Options
    vex321vex321 Member Posts: 16
    Hey Mr,Tedebear

Thanks for the reply
    You definately helped in getting me the coolest dad of the year award lol

Infact they did show me the invoice with the price and it confirmed to the amount which I have wrote here.

I guess depending on the dealer and location of the dealer , the price can be a few hundre dollars off.
    I dont think I will sweat it over a few hundred dollars since I am getting a 6 grand trade in for my car.
    Most people tell me that Im doing great if I get the lowest value on KBB when actually trading in any vehicle

In regards to the dealer addon , if I already have an invoice stating this price I guess there wont be any additional?
    I have a contract for this amount so is it legal for them to provide me another invoice?

p.s. Just one quick question. does anyone know if the premium center console can be dealer installed? I just noticed that 25k package does not include this and this was one of my wifes favorite features lol
  • Options
    I guess depending on the dealer and location of the dealer , the price can be a few hundre dollars off.

Wow, I just learned something about the employee discounts. I had thought the price was the same, no matter what part of the country the buyer was in. I played around with various zip codes and the EC and Friends discounts changed, even though the MSRP stayed the same. The prices I listed yesterday were based on a zip code in the St. Louis area.

If you saw the actual invoice from the dealer and verified that it was the same as what they charged you then I'd say everything should be okay.

In regards to the dealer addon , if I already have an invoice stating this price I guess there wont be any additional?

Whatever price is on the sales contract is what they agreed to sell it to you for. I don't know if there were any dealer add-ons before you signed the contract but they cannot go in now, add something without your consent, and then change the price.

I'm sure the kids will love that dual DVD. I saw one in the showroom and it really looked nice.
  • Options
    Hi Mr.Tedebear

Thanks always for your kind help!
    It seems that you are the only person active on this part of the forum lol

I guess that difference of 600 bucks came due to the fact that I am in NY ( everything is more expensive here ) and you based it out of st.louis

As I have stated before , its no biggie.

I only have one kid at the moment and one more coming soon but I feel like I can handle upto 4 with the 08 T&C
    Im sure my wife would mind though lol

Anyway thanks again and Ill be picking my car up this sunday!!
    Cant wait!! ( Im more excited than my 3yr old lol )
  • Options
    jackalsjackals Member Posts: 38
    I'm sure the kids will love that dual DVD. I saw one in the showroom and it really looked nice.

The dual Screens are great especially with Sirius backseat TV. My wife drives 4 of the neighborhood kids to the bus stop 2 mornings during the week. They fight over the 2nd row heated seats but once they settle down they hang out and watch cartoons on Cartoon Network until the bus arrives.
  • Options
    Lol Awesome

I have one quick question though
    Not sure if anyone will know the answer being that the car is so new but I thought Id give it a shot

The car that Im getting does not have the premium centre console and remote engine start.

Does anyone know if that can be dealer installed?
    In case of the remote engine start , is it possible to have it without adding another control to your existing alarm? ( I hate carrying two alarms for one car...)

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    casefarmercasefarmer Member Posts: 4
    I have been pricing a TC Limited and live close to the border of Illinois and Indiana. The incentives are better in Indiana than in Illinois. Illinois has a $1,500 cash allowance but Indiana has a $2,000 plus $500. Has anyone else ran into this and will I be able to take the better deal if my home address is in Illinois? Also I have heard of a $500 discount coupon from Chrysler, does anyone know how to get it?
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that if you buy the car in Indiana you will get the incentives from Indiana. You will, however, need to pay Illinois tax since the car will be registered there. I believe the coupon from chrysler are for people who are reaching their final payments on a lease or loan with chrysler financial. They contain the person's name address and a unique code. They are not transferrable.
  • Options
    leecurrieleecurrie Member Posts: 15
    I just got a post card from y dealer:

"Chrysler will forgive up to five payments if you have twelve months or less remaining on your Chrysler lease if you lease or purchase a new Chrysler."

Has anyone seen this before? I have seven months left on my lease so I don't get what what will happen to the two months' payments not "forgiven."
  • Options
    I have seen three months but not 5. They will add the two months in to your new deal. If your payments are $400 then they will add $800 to your cap cost on your new lease. If the deal has no expiration date I would wait the two months and then look to get into a new car with out a penalty.
  • Options
    rzqrzq Member Posts: 2
    I am new here and trying to get a good deal with Town & Country.
    And it looks like, having an EC gives an extra savings.
    Can I ask for an EC if there's any available. How can I use it?

Thanks everyone. Merry Christmas!
  • Options
    Can I ask for an EC if there's any available. How can I use it?

I can help with part of that. If you get an EC (Employee Choice) control number you take it to the dealer and they will sell you a vehicle at the same discount as what any Chrysler employee pays, plus a $200 program fee. The dealer is required to show you the invoice, which shows the exact EC price listed right on it, so you know everything is right.

As far as where to get one of these EC numbers, I'm personally all out of them for this year and 2008. However, you might try posting your request on some of the other Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep forums. The discount isn't just for minivans and many Chrysler employees are also Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep owners who also browse the forums.

If you can't find an EC number I can help you get a Friends discount (usually around $300-$400 difference) after 01/01/2008. Email me at my carspace.com address. Any discount program number you get this year must be used by the end of 2007.
  • Options
    Can anyone explain about the $500 rebate if you go with chrysler financial?
    Do you have to be a current chrysler financial customer and getting a new chrysler loan?
    I couldnt find any information on the internet about this...

Care to explain?
  • Options
    No, it is not a loyalty rebate as far as I know. The salesman told me it was another $500 rebate just for financing through CF. I got the $1500 factory rebate, a $500 coupon I got in the mail, plus the $500 rebate for financing through CF. I was goign to buy the car outright but I will take the extra $500 and pay off the car next week.
  • Options
    Can anyone explain about the $500 rebate if you go with chrysler financial?

Also, the $500 rebate might not be available for all areas - just like the discount prices, which vary by region. I just tried 4-5 different zip codes in different regions and the $500 bonus cash for using Chrysler Financial only showed up in one of them in the discount summary.
  • Options
    Hey Tedebear

If its not too much trouble , can you check if the $500 program through CF is available in zip code 11354?

I hope Im not bothering you too much.. :D
  • Options
    If its not too much trouble , can you check if the $500 program through CF is available in zip code 11354?

No trouble at all. I just checked and the only discount that appears for that zip code is the $1,500 rebate. I guess it wouldn't hurt to contact your dealer and ask about it anyway - you never know until you try.
  • Options
    Thank you Mr,Tedebear!
    You are always so reliable =)

Anyway do you know when the friend program is good until?
    Is it the 31st of Dec?

I just got a call from my dealer and they are now stating that the car I wanted ( mentioned above ) will not be coming into their dealer anytime soon.
    They have trouble making a swap with another dealer...arg!!!

Back to square one now , I have to go out an search for another one I guess..

My son will be disappointed that he has to wait a few more days... :cry:
  • Options
    Vex321-

Tedebear can confirm but as far as I know, any codes that have already been generated will expire on on 12/31.
  • Options
    Yes, it says somewhere (not necessarily on your control number printout) that a number generated during the year must be used by the end of that same calendar year.

Also, the current rebates expire on 01/02/2008. I have no idea what/if new ones Chrysler will offer at that point. I'm beginning to understand how the Best Buy sales people feel when people ask them how much of a discount their next big sale will be.

I will have 6 more Friends discounts starting in January though, if something doesn't work out for anyone who has a 2007 number.
  • Options
    mkc04mkc04 Member Posts: 3
    Mr. Tedebear,
    I would love to put my name in for one of your 2008 Friends discount codes. I hope to replace my 2000 T&C sometime in the spring. I was hoping you could let me know how much a 2008 Limited with the swivel n go and the DVDw/sirius Backseat TV would go for under this program in zip 64105. I can't seem to find one without sunroof+power folding seat and Bluetooth right now.
  • Options
    Hi and welcome to the forums.

Your requested price quote for a 2008 T&C Limited with dual screen DVD and Sirius backseat TV in zip code region 64105 is shown below.

MSRP: $38,420
    EC: $32,537
    Friends: $33,168

All prices shown above include a $730 destination charge. Both the EC and Friends prices include a current $1,500 rebate, which expires on 01/02/2008. Add a $200 program fee to the EC price that would be collected by the dealer.

You said you can't find one without a sunroof, power folding seat and Bluetooth. You probably already know about this but you can go to chrysler.com and use the Build My Own tool and then the dealer search. You can select the distance radius that it will search under the advanced search options. If you find something you like take a printout of it to your local dealer and ask them to transfer it for you.

Email me on my carspace.com box and I'll tell you more about the discount programs and how to register for a control number for next year. Use the Mailbox button near the top right of this screen.
  • Options
    rmbalisarmbalisa Member Posts: 129
    hey all, I have no more employee choice #s available but I have 5 friends #s to give out for the year. if you are seriously interested in getting a T&C, please send me an email with your name, address, DOB, last 4 digits of your social security, phone number and email address. Again, if you do not think you will use it by the end of the year, please don't request one since I can only give 5 out and I can't take them off of my history. If you maybe explain your situation, I can *try* to get you an EC # from coworkers.
  • Options
    lueryylueryy Member Posts: 1
    Hey, rmbalisa,

I have been researching on minivans for a while for my 3 year-old daughter and a baby on the way as well my parents. I have been struggling to make the final decision between Honda Oddesy and Chrysler T &C touring. Although I am not an American I would like to support the American industry. In fact, my daughter was so enjoying playing the side power sliding door of T & C at the dealer. When I asked her which one she liked after we went to Honda dealer her answer was Chrysler. I love to be a cool dad. If you can try to get an EC number I will definitely to buy it around Christmas.

If there is any information needed please email me at lueryy2002@yahoo.com

Thanks again.
  • Options
    iowatcmaniowatcman Member Posts: 9
    Chrysler is running an ad on cable tv, with zero per cent financing for 60 months and no payments until summer, but the local dealers don't seem to know anything about this nor does the Chrysler web site show any of this, does anyone know what is going on?
  • Options
    flanders140flanders140 Member Posts: 18
    rmbalisa, I am interested in an EC or Friends opportunity but will be ordering a new van and not buying one off the lot. If I order one before the end of the year and pick it up when it arrives in '08 (Feb or March I'm assuming) can I still use an EC or Friends discount from '07?

Thanks
  • Options
    slackjawslackjaw Member Posts: 32
    Signed the papers today after "test" driving since last Friday. After driving if for almost a week on dealer tags, they washed it, pulled all the stickers, and filled the tank back up.

Clearwater blue Touring
    M package
    Premium sound
    Swivel & go
    Power 3rd row
    Sirius backseat TV
    MSRP 35,985

Pull ahead program for our early 2005 Grand Caravan SXT with 2 more payments and the $275 out.
    Sell price on 2008 is 32,178
    $0 down
    36 month lease
    .00198 MF
    55% residual
    $449/mo

Freedom Chrysler in South Burlington, Vermont was total aces. No pressure and no turn-offs. Well done with a strong recommendation. Nicely done gentlemen. We'll be back when my 05 Durango Limited needs to turn into a Aspen hybrid.
  • Options
    visualvisual Member Posts: 1
    I've seen the same Chrysler commercial at least a dozen times, but can't get confirmation of the deal anywhere. It's driving me crazy. Anyone have a clue?

They claim zero financing on all models and no payment till summer 2008!

What's up??

Visual
  • Options
    lilvbclilvbc Member Posts: 15
    Hi everyone,
    This might be a bit off topic but most of the other threads under '08 T&C are pretty dated/dead here: now that many of you have bought the '08 T&C, what have been your driving experiences? Any reliability problems so far? In particular, Consumer Reports killed this model -- they basically thought the MyGig was too difficult to use, the handling was terrible, the wet braking was bad, the swivel-go was too tight, etc. There review sounded a little over the top to me and alone would not sway me to not purchase the minivan. If anyone wants to continue this topic in the "2008 T&C/Caravan" thread please feel free -- many of us really need more real world reviews!! Thanks a bunch!
  • Options
    leecurrieleecurrie Member Posts: 15
    Thanks Slackjaw. This is very useful. How did the Pull ahead work? You avoided the last two payments? How about the turn-in fee?

I'm just trying to figure out whether turning it in early gets you anywhere vs. just getting a new T&C at the end of the lease.

Thanks.
  • Options
    visual, there is 0% financing for all vehicles, though most likely that program only goes up to 36 months. And the no payment deal is just deferred payments.
  • Options
    towner1towner1 Member Posts: 4
    i am going to buy a T&C ltd by end of year. would love an EC or Friends number.
    I am not sure how to contact you. don't want my personal info on a post. please advise. thanks.
  • Options
    iowatcmaniowatcman Member Posts: 9
    I am planning on purchasing a T & C Limited in the sandstone color, power folding 3rd seat, infosystem with navigation, swivel and go seats and the trailer tow package.

The sticker is $39,540.00 Would someone be able to tell me what the "friends" price would be in the 50647 area code area.

Thanks in advance for your help
  • Options
    iowa,

the friends price is $3896 below msrp. then you can add the $500 bonus cash, and $1500 rebate. So you are looking at $33,644 for friends price.
  • Options
    When you take delivery of the van, that is when you use the EC/Friends#. Though we just received a memo that EC WILL NOT be renewed for next year. Only the friends program will continue.
  • Options
    jschneidrjschneidr Member Posts: 1
    Hi rmbalisa-

I am planning to pull the trigger this week on a T&C limited. It looks like a sweet van and the kids loved it. Sticker is $42,430- it's loaded! Can you advise me on friend pricing-area code is 60035. Please email me @ nsprimarycare@comcast.net. I can get to the deealer as early as Monday if you can get back to me soon. Thanks in advance.

-J
  • Options
    J, you are looking at about low $38k for it. I couldnt configure it to exactly your sticker, but you are looking at $38,150-300. then subtract any rebates or bonus cash that are applicable. So approx. a $3500 below MSRP discount you can get.
  • Options
    Can you advise me on friend pricing-area code is 60035.

base 35,670
    Swivel 495
    Tow 600
    DVD 2020
    Sunroof 895
    Power 3rd 595
    MY GIG 1300
    Block Heater 35- don't really need it but it's there
    Dest 730

MSRP 42,340

I sent you email but here is the summary of your price request shown below.

MSRP: $42,340
    EC: $35,871
    Friends: $36,584

All of the above prices include the $730 destination. The EC and Friends include a current $1,500 rebate, which expires on 01/02/2008. Add $200 to the EC price for a program fee that would be added by the dealer.
  • Options
    zlczlc Member Posts: 2
    I apologize if this is the wrong way to contact you. I just discovered this website. My 2002 T&C reached the point of no return on Christmas Eve, and I'd like to replace it TODAY. A discount code would be a huge blessing! I am planning to get whatever is in stock fairly close by (100 mile radius of 78217) with the 6 spd. transmission, infinity speakers, and swivel seats (silver). I don't want to post the private information publicly. How may I get the info to you privately?
    Thanks,
    ZLC
    bnzc(at sign) sbcglobal.net
  • Options
    Does anyone know the current lease rates (money factor, residuals) for an '08 Limited?
  • Options
    lilvbc,
    For an 08 Limited, based on 15k miles, add 2% for 12k miles.
    36 months - 49% - 0.00148
    39 - 48% - 0.00190
    48 - 40% - 0.00328 for A+ tier
  • Options
    thanks rmbalisa, are these lease rates the same for the northern VA/DC area? Also, any difference for a 10k mile lease?
  • Options
    jrbaltjrbalt Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking at the Base Touring 25k package

MSRP is $ 28,529

or Touring with 25k package and Family Value Group ($495) + Dual DVD Player ($2395)

MSRP is $31,320

Zip code is 21076.

Thanks for any quotes,

Jon
  • Options
    I'm looking at the Base Touring 25k package
    MSRP is $ 28,529

Hmm...the Base Touring with the K package MSRP is $28,430. You didn't mention any other options or a specific color. Certain colors have a slight premium added to the cost. Check www.chrysler.com Build My Own tab.

MSRP: $28,430
    EC: $23,466
    Friends: $23,886

All prices shown above include the $730 destination. The EC and Friends discounts include a current $1,500 rebate and $500 bonus cash for your region. The incentives expire 01/02/2008. Add $200 program fee to the EC price that would be added by the dealer.

Touring with 25k package and Family Value Group ($495) + Dual DVD Player ($2395)
    MSRP is $31,320

MSRP: $31,320
    EC: $25,923
    Friends: $26,404

All prices shown above include the $730 destination. The EC and Friends discounts include a current $1,500 rebate and $500 bonus cash for your region. The incentives expire 01/02/2008. Add $200 program fee to the EC price that would be added by the dealer.

Here's Chrysler's disclaimer on those discount prices:

Price Discount is provided as an estimate only. Actual Discount Pricing may be found on the dealer invoice.

Although Chrysler says they are just an estimate I've found them to usually be within $100 shown on the actual invoice. I just did a price check for someone where the dealer discount on the invoice was around $80 less than the website utility that I use.
  • Options
    lilvbc, those are the lease rates you would use. and for a 10k mile lease, add 3% to the base residuals above.
  • Options
    tcrammantcramman Member Posts: 1
    Would anyone be able to tell me if the $500 cash bonus is available for the zip code area 50677 for a Chrysler T and C

thanks
  • Options
    lonewaldenlonewalden Member Posts: 26
    Question for chrysler employees, can you use an EC # or the friends discount prices with the special money factor for leases?
  • Options
    jrbaltjrbalt Member Posts: 4
    Anyone have an extra friends number or EC number they'd like to get rid of this year? I could give it a good home. I'm trying to beat the sales tax increase in Maryland on 1 January.

Could it be turned around by Monday or is that impossible?

Thanks in advance,

Jon
  • Options
    Would anyone be able to tell me if the $500 cash bonus is available for the zip code area 50677 for a Chrysler T and C

It didn't show up on the discount summary when I configured a vehicle just now. However, the $1,500 rebate did.

Anyone can check current rebates, etc., for their region by going to www.chrysler.com > Shopping Tools > Current Incentives. You may have to click on See More Offers on the last page if the model you're interested in isn't listed already.
  • Options
    Question for chrysler employees, can you use an EC # or the friends discount prices with the special money factor for leases?

Rebates, bonus cash and other special offers are in addition to whatever discount you receive through the EC or Friends programs. However, I don't know much about the lease programs so you might want to give a local dealer a call.