Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jerryjeff1jerryjeff1 Member Posts: 3
    i think you are a much better negotiator than I. They had lots of 04's on the lot and no 05 x45's. Anyway,your money factor is awesome on a 48 month lease. I tried to get the same money factor on a 48 and 36 month lease and was nixed. It went from .00103 to .00194. Anyway, congrats I may try to use your info today, although I am not optimistic. I spent 3 hours there last friday-walked and then another 3 hours on the phone yesterday. Best I could get was just a little below invoice (when you include the XM radio the "threw in".

hope your friend enjoys the new ride.
  • gueringuerin Member Posts: 3
    How much under invoice if I may ask? Currently working on an 05' every option except tow and chrome wheels. Gonna run me approx. $500.00 over invoice. My only prob. is that they are giving me just $10,000.00 on a trade for an 04' P/T Cruiser LTD Turbo with 17,700 miles. This will be a cash deal on my end. Just listed P/T on Craigs list and E'Bay motors. How much leverage do I have going to dealer if I buy this vehicle out-right for cash...........Thanx
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    It was about $168 under invoice. I gave them my final price and they said no. I walked out. They came running after me. The deal went down there and then. Stand your ground . If they say no, find another dealer.
  • bigtbigt Member Posts: 412
    They want 1800 over invoice on FX 05-2WD. Seems a little high. I am at 200 over invoice on the 04 model. What does one do?
    You need to be at least $1500 UNDER invoice on the 04. Infiniti is providing dealers with a $1500 cash bonus on the 04s. Therefore $1500 under invoice should be your starting negotiating point. On the 05, pay no more than $500 over invoice. What part of the country are you in? Your dealer seems a bit stuborn. Are they the only dealer for miles?
  • bigtbigt Member Posts: 412
    This is the Orlando area. They are saying that right now no one in the Florida area is doing any discount on O5's. They also state that the Edmunds website is right on in terms of the invoice total. They have not shown that to me yet. So right now they are at 40,800 on a 42,880 MSRP, 38,977 Edmunds invoice but 42,880 what others are paying in the area. My buyer rep stated that any discount on an O5 in this area is a good deal. They have this stupid 399 docs fee that they cannot explain except as it is where their profit is paid out of. Give me a break! :)
    Sounds like they are feeding you a line. I still insist that i would not pay more than $500 over invoice on an 05 and at least $1500 under invoice on an 04.
  • zeliforpzeliforp Member Posts: 44
    "They have this stupid 399 docs fee that they cannot explain except as it is where their profit is paid out of."

I might be thinking of something completely different, but didn't Infiniti add the 'docs' and 'regional marketing assessment' fees to the invoices of all 2004 model year cars? A dealer on another board was saying that too many sales were being lost because salespeople could not explain the extra fees, and customers were walking out. So Infiniti started to roll the fee cost into the invoice for each car, and raised invoices 1% across the board to compensate for the cost increase. I believe Nissan did the same thing the middle of 2003.

One of the Nissan sites talks about this, I am thinking it is the insidenissan.com site in the VPP section, but I haven't been there in a while.
  • crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    If the dealership you are going to is Orlando Infiniti, wait until the end of month and try again. You may get that 05 for the same price as 04 or the 04 for way, way less. That dealership is always closed on Sundays, but they are open one Sunday at end of every month. I asked my salesperson why only one Sunday of every month and he said it was because some quotas are not met and the eager beavers are the one who normally need the sale.

If your salesperson calls you relentlessly, he's one of those who needs a sale. Negotiate everything during those many phone calls. Don't pay the $399 charge and walk away if they do not remove it. Have them put everything in writing and send eMail offer to you so that you can print it out and take with you. Do not set foot in the dealership until they do so.
  • punjabi_sahibpunjabi_sahib Member Posts: 25
    hi all, i'v been researching a couple of months and in the local papers(live in ny) base infiniti fx35 '04 is 29,995 and i want to get tech,sport and touring, how much should i expect to pay? and how much should i be paying for an 05 with those options?
                 --thnx in advance
  • ilufxilufx Member Posts: 13
    for fx 35 2004 about 1600 below the Edmunds invoice; for fx 35 05 about 2000-2500 below MSRP
  • dantedante Member Posts: 92
    Just bought a brilliant silver AWD FX 35 with Touring, Tech and Sport package. We love it! The FX 35 is plenty fast (although I would have loved the FX 45 just for the bragging rights but the wife thought otherwise), very confident at high speeds, awesome grip, not to mention its looks.

Drove to Milwaukee for Thanksgiving and encountered a sleet storm. Car drove like it was on rails, never lost any grip. My wife asked me if the car had switched to AWD mode and I had no idea. Any way to know when the AWD system kicks in?

Also, I have read all the posts here about the FX in snow and its a mixed bag. I have the 20 inch wheels which are described as "all season" and am hoping that they will do fine in the unexpected snow storm. The roads I travel on are generally plowed (or being plowed) so am hoping to avoid buying winter rims and tires. Any recent experiences in snowy weather with the 20 inch 2004 wheels?

Grazie, Jon B.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Congratulations on your purchase! For ownership experiences, including snow driving, you'll have better luck in our regular Infiniti FX45 / FX35 discussion. If you have tire-specific questions, you can ask the expert in our topic titled Ask Connor at The Tire Rack.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• dantedante Member Posts: 92
    The MSRP was $45,540 (with Tech, Sport and Touring) and paid $39,800...
  • punjabi_sahibpunjabi_sahib Member Posts: 25
    thnx just planning to buy and needed an idea for what i should pay
  • lowmpglowmpg Member Posts: 2
    Anyone know the december FX incentives from Infiniti? I believe the $1,500 rebate expired 11/30.
    Thanks
  • alxx911alxx911 Member Posts: 1
    I have an opp. to buy an FX 35 2003 model with 35K miles with what I believe is the touring package (CD changer, leather adjustable heated seats, stereo controls on the steering wheel, roof racks) for $25500 after I negotiated a lot. It is clean and runs smoothly. Carfax came back clean as well and it is a returned lease. Is this a good deal? Are there any dealer options I should look to purchase with the vehicle?
  • vladc2000vladc2000 Member Posts: 38
    rebate is back for December, as well as low APR
  • darthvedadarthveda Member Posts: 14
    Would you be kind enough to list what auction you're talking about? I am currently looking for an Fx 35 04 or 05 but I am looking to save a few bucks.....anyone knows a few tricks or tips they can give me
    thanks
  • darthvedadarthveda Member Posts: 14
    Fxguy,
    Which dealerships????? I've been looking in the LA area and can't seem to get a good deal! I want to get an 04 unless there's a big difference with the 05..anyone know? But please if you don't mind let me know the dealerships and the names of the salespeople if you have them. THanks, appreciate it
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Reminder: Read the red lettering below - don't ask for other members to provide names of salespeople. It's not allowed!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

The dealership is on the east coast. It wont do you much good in LA.
  • bennyp66bennyp66 Member Posts: 1
    hey there - Mind if I ask what dealer you went to in LA? Sounds like you got a great deal!
  • simmonsimmon Member Posts: 2
    Infiniti's Vehicle Purchase Program appears to take 3.58% off the invoice.

Touring and Tech + couple minor options that they are built in could be at about $39K.

Same as above + DVD package could be about $40.5K (assuming they build one with DVD included without "required??" Sports package).

Same as above + sports package would run it up to about $42.2K

The unknowns are due to the program's language, certain fees could be added after the discount. That worries me as I don't know what the dealer would ask for. But doing negotiations after mentioning VPP probably would not work to my advantage.

My dilemma is: Should I just do some aggressive negotiations without mentioning the VPP and drive down the price near or below what I listed (Touring,Tech and DVD is the choice)?? Or just go with the VPP? I am not sure what sort of deal is an excellent one for that kind of FX35 I am after without any program involved. I read in this forum that paying $500 over the invoice is doable. Is this really possible generally?

Please advise based on your experience and information. I am looking to buy one next Thursday or Friday (possibly in Atlanta or NC).

Thank you all!
  • ibhimibhim Member Posts: 3
    I purchased a car through Orlando Infiniti for my elderly mother and suggest you check with Lokey in Clearwater or Tampa Infiniti. Tampa internet called me during the purchase and could have gotten a better deal but 73y/o mother was worn out. Since talked to Lokey and neither they nor Tampa had the $399 administrative surcharge. Worse, when driving home noted 600 miles on a 'new' car. Was not the same car as short test drive, but alternate color choice on lot when decided didn't like the silver/cream color combo. Turns out the dealership loaned that car to a person in Jacksonville when their FX35 wasn't in. I spoke to that person as the receipt was left in the car. Dealer refused to make any adjustments for the excess mileage. Now I am shopping for myself, and while I live in Orlando, and I may talk to them out of convenience, but they are not #1 on my list.

Suggestion: Use the internet and get multiple quotes. Seek firm quotes on specific vehicles (possibly identified on their web site inventory). Avoid general reply "come on in, we will give you the best price." Also, if trading in something, go out to Carmax and get a written offer good for 300 miles/7 days. It holds them honest when negotiating tradin after settling on 'cash' price.
  • fromtheroughfromtherough Member Posts: 3
    04 FX35 with Touring and Technology, XM radio and some other goodies for $34K, only 11,000 miles and in new condition. Good deal?
  • GischpelGischpel Member Posts: 133
    I think you did well. I paid just a bit less for an 03 with 11,000 miles with Touring and Sport packages about six months ago.
  • kris007kris007 Member Posts: 7
    All the FX owners out there can you guys please tell what other fees dealers normally charge.

1)Doc fees? (How much is ok <250..?) 2)Advertisement Fees?(is it mandatory ? if so how much % of MSRP OR invoice) 3)Preparation fees. 4)Pin stripping? Any other fees... Planning to buy this coming thursday or friday.. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
  • eliumpeliump Member Posts: 2
    On December 23, 2004, I bought a 2005 FX35 AWD from Jim Lupient Infiniti in Golden Valley, MN. My purchasing experience was wonderful and I was very satisfied with the price I paid for my new vehicle.

Original MSRP:$36,250 with the following options: Touring Pkg $2,900; Technology Pkg $4,200; Blk roof rail crossbars $130; Splash Guards (4) $130; Cargo area protector $70 and destination charge of $590. Total MSRP = $44,380

I Paid = $40,880

After an initial email to the dealership letting them know of the research I had done on the cost of the vehicle and my willingness to shop elsewhere if they did not give me what I considered to be a favorable deal for both parties, I followed up with a phone call. I was immedietly told that the salesman I was corresponding with had already spoken with his sales manager who gave prior approval for me to choose ANY 2005 Infiniti on the lot for $500 over invoice. Their response was completely agreeable with me.

True to their word (and as compared to Edmund's invoice price with all the same options), I picked out my favorite FX (Beryllium w/baseball glove leather interior) and paid $500 over invoice; $40,880. No need to waste time negotiating at the dealership. This was a done deal before I ever stepped foot onto the show floor.

Thanks to Edmund's for their wonderful site and to Jim Lupient Infiniti for making this purchase completely hassle-free.
  • eliumpeliump Member Posts: 2
    If you already purchased your FX, I'm sorry I respodned too late, but at least you are now driving a fun new rig.

The only fee I paid other than for the cost of the vehicle itself was a $50 Document and Admin. Fee; Tax, Title & License; a Title & Transfer fee of $21.75 with a $2.00 lien recording fee.

See my previous January 1, 2005 posting for how much I paid for my 2005 FX35 AWD.
  • kris007kris007 Member Posts: 7
    Yup same here the only fees other than tax title ...I paid was doc fees $45. Thanks anyway for replying. I bought my FX @ Infiniti of Bloomington, MN.

Faxed the dealership regarding my research. Got the price quote over the phone. 1500 under invoice for an 04 FX with touring. Even my purchasing experience was wonderful. Went to the dealership test drove the vehicle, signed the papers was out of the dealership in 3 hours. Would suggest this dealership to anyone looking in the Twin Cities area.
  • vladc2000vladc2000 Member Posts: 38
    Can you tell the name of the dealership/state? the best I could get so far is 37,500 for

05 fx35 awd touring

thanks.
  • csholst03csholst03 Member Posts: 20
    Five dealers in the Atlanta area, I went first to Troncolli, had a very nice salesman, nice not pushy. Stated he would do VPP deal with no other dealer add ons. Infiniti South (which I purchased a G35 from in 2003) said they would do invoice plus $499 doc fee. Problem this time was I had a trade to deal with, Troncolli would only give (KBB trade in value - good condition) My trade was an excellent condition, average mileage Toyota Highlander kept in perfect mechanical condition. Infiniti South offered Black Book average trade with no adjustments for options. I always thought dealers went by Black Book when you stripped away all the games, but now they like to reference Kelley Blue Book because they have the lowest trade values at the moment. Finally purchased from Roswell Infiniti for VPP plus $499 doc fee with trade valued at $200 over Black Book trade value with options. This worked out to be the best bottom line deal. If I had no trade to deal with Troncolli would have been the best straight purchase deal, as it turns out with trade they had the worst deal.
  • fx in dcfx in dc Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if there are any incentives either on '05s or '04s? My research did not turn anything up, but it seems hard to believe that there are none for '04s.

Can anyone suggest a target price for a new FX 35 (with touring package) '04 or '05, especially in the DC metro region?

Thanks.
  • mrfjmtmrfjmt Member Posts: 3
    Edmunds.com lists a $2000 manufacturer to customer rebate on 2004 FX's through 1/31/05. The Infiniti web site does not. An Internet salesperson I talked to also refutes the existence of the rebate. He and the Infiniti site state there is a special financing deal on 2004's & 2005's through the end of January, however.

I'm not well-versed on how rebates in the auto industry work, so what's going on here?
  • rca_varca_va Member Posts: 1
    There is a $2000 rebate on the 04's. Asked a sales woman who denied it but asked a manager who confirmed it through the end of January.

On a similar note this same dealer has 6 fx45's on the lot all with an msrp of around 52k. Looks like some were demo's and one in particular i'm interested in has 1,000 miles on it. Got a quote from their internet team for $46,500 at the end of december on a brand new one invoice is $47,500. With the current $2,000 rebate shouldn't be hard to get them to the low $44's. Question is how much of a discount can I hope to get for the 1,000 miles? And given they have 6 of the 04' fx45's of the type I want and 8 total left how much lower do you think I could realistically get them to go? Seeing as an 04' with mileage is gonna drop around 15% the moment I drive it off the lot is it crazy to try to get 7-10% off of the msrp given that its now 05' then add the $2,000 rebate in at the end? Doing this would get me a price of around $40,500. Best shot to get this at the end of the month when hopefully they'll be motivated to move the old one's off the lot? or is it a fair offer before they're ordered to push them off the lot by management?
  • mrfjmtmrfjmt Member Posts: 3
    Are you sure it's a rebate? I posed this very question over in a rebate discussion also and the host there acknowledged that Edmunds had made a mistake. It wasn't $2000 customer cash but $2000 dealer cash. It had been corrected, but now I don't even see it listed in the Infiniti incentive information anymore.

I've been looking for an FX35 2WD with touring and technology packages, splash guards, rear cargo protector, and all-weather floor mats. One dealer in my area still has a few 2004's left and quoted me a price of $39,318 TT&L. That works out to $35,996 for the price of the car. Catch is that the only exterior color available is silver. I asked another local dealer if he could beat that price and he said "nope, buy it there."

Any opinions on this pricing?
  • scrh1scrh1 Member Posts: 1
    Well,after much back and forth with the dealer, I purchased an 04 FX45 with all options except for the chrome wheels and tow hitch for 46,700 incl tax,tags,title,fees. There is a 2000$ rebate to dealer on 04 purchases only with the 1.9 or 2.9 interest rates. They are offering a money factor of 101 on leases , but only give the 2000$ on a purchase. A better deal may be found, but I think I did alright and got the exact vehicle I wanted.
  • ropedragropedrag Member Posts: 2
    04 FX35 (NEW)

Touring, sport, tech packages. DVD player, Splash guards, cargo area protector. Purchased for $41247.

Option to purchase sunroof wind deflector, roof rail cross bars and the 05 key fobs at dealer cost if we decide to at a later date. A bit over 6K off sticker.
  • xx5erxx5er Member Posts: 1
    Scrh1, which state are you in?
  • cafxguycafxguy Member Posts: 4
    I recently purchased a 2005 FX35 AWD, graphite/ on graphite, with touring package. Although, it is not as stacked (tech, sport package, etc)as other cars that I have been reading on this forum. I have used the tactics that I read from this forum to negogiate below invoice. And I was able to get this car $1000 below invoice. I could have done better ($1200-1500) below invoice. But wasnt patient enough.

MSRP: $40,100

Out the door: $39,050 (T&L)

APR: 1.9%

Odo: 12 miles YOOHOO!!

What do you guys think? Thanks!
  • edmundophileedmundophile Member Posts: 7
    i got an 05 infiniti FX35 with sports, touring, mud guards, wheel locks, cargo mat for 37,538.00 +++ leased for 39 mos at $526 a month, no money down. Money factor 0.0022. South infiniti miami. I really wanted the sirius satlelite radio, but none instock, so they took 400 more off to counter the post market instal fee of 800. I think i will get he radio at best buy for 150 hehehehheh. I love the car,a real sports car WOW! will take a little time to get used to the stiff ride compared to my lexus.

thank you edmunds.
  • edmundophileedmundophile Member Posts: 7
    ps it was black/graphite
  • fx35awdfx35awd Member Posts: 218
    I just bought my 2004 FX 35 AWD (Jan 21, 2005) with Touring and Technology package, which also includes splash guards, cross roof rack bars, towing hitch, cargo protector and sunroof wind deflector.

Price: 37,900 (aprroximate)

Exact out the door price: $41,650 (8.25% sale tax in Southern California)

Is that a good price? I hope...

Please I would like to hear your comments. Thank you.
  • vishpoolvishpool Member Posts: 16
    anyone have any recent experiences with 05 fx35 leases? I am planning on getting one myself, sometime this month or the next.

Any good deals around D.C. area?
    is this a good deal?

For a 2005 FX35 with the options of Touring package, Sport package, Tech package, Splash Guards and Cargo area protector.

On a 39 month lease with 15k per year for miles and $1,000 due at signing your payment will be $662.00
    anyone know the actual money factor and residual #s?

the best I got so far -- .00197 mf with .59 residual.

thanks guys!
  • webablewebable Member Posts: 3
    2004 fx35 with 7000miles touring and sport packege. 450 per month 42 months 12k miles a yesr and 500 out of pocket. Good deal or what?

Taxes included 8.75%
  • paul179paul179 Member Posts: 10
    I'm looking at purchasing an 05 FX 35 AWD with touring and sport packages; Dealer is telling me he can "do it" for $41K, which I think is ridiculous. I plan on financing for 60 mos/2.9%

Please let me know what a fair price would be in the NY area. Thanks!!!!!!
  • fxtrancefxtrance Member Posts: 3
    What state did you get this deal in? Sounds like a very good deal and exactly the car/options that I'm looking at. I do not seem to be able to get the dealer below invoice yet. I'm in the Indy area.