Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Super Duty - Continued IV

meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
edited March 2014 in Ford
This topic is a continuation of....

Ford super duty - Continued III. Please continue
these discussions here. Thanks.

Front Porch Philosopher
SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host

Comments

• paull1paull1 Member Posts: 65
    crazyelvis, I've got he same situation with my gas tank as you, 20-23 gallons at fillup. Don't know why?

Latest 4x4 V10 3.73 gas mileage update - 3rd tank 11.4 average on the computer. I also ran about 100 miles yesterday on the freeway going to a archery 3d shoot in CT, got mid 13's on the computer so things are improving. I also decided after the 2nd tank not to baby it anymore and I am getting improved mileage. A friend of mine reminded me that the main computer needs to "learn" my driving habits and will adjust to them. I am just over 800 miles so far.
  • oturner1oturner1 Member Posts: 34
    For any of you that are tracking the progress of orders-mine was ordered 9/15, scheduled 11/15 for the week of 11/29. Built 12/1 and released from plant 12/1. I'll let you know when it gets a transportation assignment or arrives at the ramp. ETA is now 12/20. V-10 Lariat SD, cc, 4wd, sb
  • bessbess Member Posts: 972
    Y2k F250 XLT SC 5.4L 5sp 4.10LS is the truck.
    I don't have the computer but I always fill the truck the same way at the same pump so I get a consistant amount between fillups..
    Last tank average came out to be 15.1 mpg. Mixed driving city/highway, no load.
    About 1,700 miles on the truck so far.
    Yes, I've got the coolest looking ride in the whole IBM lot here. Who said size doesn't matter?
  • lewaclewac Member Posts: 151
    jerryg5... that combo ought to work just fine. remember that the v10 is no wimpy engine by any means (putting out 425 foot pounds for a gasser this size isn't nothin' to "snuff" at). no. it's not going to pull things around like a psd with the 4.1 diff. but unless you plan on climbing Mt. Everest you just don't need that combo. everyone I've seen in these message boards is honestly impressed with the power of the v10 & if I were in your shoes that's what I'd go with. note that our "shoes" are a lot different than standard usage. we'll be pulling country wide about 50% of the time with many statewide trips in addition. we will also be pulling right at the 20k GCWR rating so the psd, 4.1, manual tranny is a better "fit" for our situation.

highdesertrat... we're also interested in an exhaust brake. the best price which looks like a nice unit (has the required bypass valve) is one made by US Gear. Camping World sells it as well but there about $100 high. try US Gear's site.

hgrantc... that was quite a story. can't wait... & we don't have a lot longer. even the vopc has gone "south" on us (still reporting build for week 11/22 with eta week 12/6. hell, that's today)! anyhow, dealer received invoice from Ford about a week ago. so at the most, we got maybe 2 weeks more to wait. at the most.
  • quikdrawquikdraw Member Posts: 6
    I had posted last month that I had ordered a V10, 250-SD, SC, LWB, Auto on 9-15-99. As of today 12/06 the dealer has no delivery date but has the VIN. Used the VOPC line on 11/26-11/30 and heard an scheduled date week of 01/10/1900, yes 1900. That date was put in the system 11/19/99. After 12/1 the automated system doesn't give a date, but immediately says, "Please hold for a VOPC administrator." and I immediately hang up. The walk through messages appear to be updated.
    Has anyone else experienced this? Is the system down? If I believe the earlier "week of 01/10" message I will have to wait almost 5 months.
    Dealer is getting worried because I'm letting him know, "politely", what I have learned here about THE system and THEIR system.
    I'm looking for any insights from the experts out there or any one else "waiting".
  • koakeykoakey Member Posts: 109
    Talked to the local (and only game in town in Colorado Springs) Ford dealer tonight about ordering a F250 XLT. I was told the V10 is on 20 week back order (5 months? does this sound right)?? (PSD is 6-8 weeks which sounds more reasonable.)

Also, from reading replies, it sounds like $1500 over invoice for a factory order is a bit much (yes/no?) Any tips on finding a dealer with better pricing? (Denver recommendations? AutoByTel? others?)

Thanks!
  • bgilmartinbgilmartin Member Posts: 7
    I ordered my truck on 9/9/99 got conformation of the order back from Ford on 9/20/99. On November 19,99 the message changed twice and has not changed since. See my profile for more information. When you call the VOPC stay on the phone and it will connect you with the automated system. As of 12/6/99 my last up date was on 11/19/99. I just keep thinking that ordering a SUPER DUTY is like SEX, the anticipation is half the fun. The problem is, I am tired of all the foreplay and I have had all the fun I can stand. Want my truck!!! For all of you out there who have received your trucks, keep posting, how well worth the wait they were and how much you love them. That is what keeps us have nots going.
    The dealer could be telling you 5 months for a few reasons:
    a. Based on that dealers past experience with ordering V10's and their allotment
    b. they give a conservative estimate to be up front so your not PO'd when it takes 3 months or more.

It is true that the V10s 'seem' to be a little longer on average to receive. Some folks have waited 5 months, but many have only waited 3 months or less. The average seems to be around 3 months for V10s.. Dealer allotment seems to be the difference between a 5 month wait, and a 2 month wait.. So, go look at other dealers..

Folks who've posted here generally have paid less than $1000 over invoice. Remember, when you order the truck, the dealer profits the full 3% (holdback) + amount over invoice you pay.. So, you shouldn't under any case pay more than $750 or so over invoice. $750 over invoice would allow the dealer to make over 6% profit on the truck, which if the dealer sold EVERY vehicle at 6% they would be a very profitable business.
    On average, most folks here are only paying $500 over, so again, look at a different dealers..

I hope this helps
    No matter how much you paid, or how long you wait, these trucks are worth it! They ride nice and look nice.. I even enjoy the little details of the truck from the unique side windows (mirror cutout), to the door handles (interior and exterior).
    The best feelings come from your friends and strangers comments, which usually start with, 'My it is big'.
  • jraskejraske Member Posts: 131
    Checked my milege again today this time only got 13mpg ! not what I expected, I have the 235 tires. I was wrong about the rpms, at 70 mph it is running at 2250rpms.
    Lewac how many mpg are you getting? do you have the auto or 6sd? is your DRW or SRW? it seams I should get better then 13 mpg with the 4.10 PSD auto and DRW, I would like to hear more from others that have this combo to see what kind of mpg they are getting. Thanks.
    John
    Love it! The F250 gets almost as many comments as my 99 corvette rag-top (Ok about half as many). It is a real nice truck. Lots of power, rides excellent and nothing in a 4x4 looks as good. And I love looking DOWN at just about everything on the road (except the big rigs). Come to think of it,,, I haven't driven the vette since the truck came in.

I had some concerns about the initial mpg I was getting but that is improving fast. About half way through my 4th tank and the computer is reading 12.4, I can live with that.
  • chrispalchrispal Member Posts: 35
    Well, I really watched my RPMs on the way home. At 70 I'm a little over 2000 (it looks like a little less than 2100). At 65, I'm a little under 2000 (about 1900). These RPMs are in over-drive with the 6 speed manual, F-350, 265/75R16 All Terrains and the 3.73 regular axle. I haven't had to refuel yet because I've only driven about 300 miles and I'm a little over half a tank so I don't have any mileage figures.

I just can't say enough about the power from the PSD climbing the hill from work (6000') to home(9500'). This is one great truck!

By the way, the Four Wheeling manual that comes with the truck says that 4WD delivers power to all four wheels, not just one rear wheel and one front wheel. I'll have to have someone show me the next time its on a rack. So far, though, the 4WD has worked great on snow packed roads with the regular axle.
  • jjones673jjones673 Member Posts: 28
    is a misnomer; it is an orange-looking color. I always think of amber as a gold-like color, as in beer. What used to be called desert tan is now called harvest gold. I've been told that there was a fire at the Ford plant in Ky., which is where many (if not most) V-10s are built. I'm also told that Ford holiday schedule is very generous, i.e. more time off than on.
    All 4X4 vehicles have power to all four wheels, not just one front and one rear,as long as all four wheels are getting equal traction, but if one of your front or rear wheels looses traction because of ice,snow or if one of your wheels comes off the ground while off roading then all your power goes to the wheel with the least traction. and the wheel that is still down or isn't slipping will not get any power.Whitch is the reason for limited slip rear ends and lockers, with these set ups if you loose traction on one wheel you will still have power to the opposite wheel. If you you put a four wheel drive on a rack you will always have power to all four wheels
  • viperleviperle Member Posts: 31
    In response to #940 of 943: Home in the garage. (kgrantc) Mon 06 Dec '99 (11:33 AM),

Please give me a break! I know you love your new truck and all (I have one too), but let's not get carried away here. It's only a truck, not enough to "...received more looks than some of the exotic sports cars parked adjacent." Uh heh...yeah right...

I'll take a Ferari, Corvette, Porche, and a Viper over this peace of good-looking metal any day.

Don't mean to upset everyone here, but let's not get carried away here....
  • oturner1oturner1 Member Posts: 34
    New VOPC message this morning says my beast was shipped via rail on 12/4 with an ETA of 12/19. That's one day earlier than before, but since the 19th is a Sunday it doesn't matter. Dealers are closed in OK on Sunday. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be here for Christmas.
    F-250 SD, v-10, cc, sb, 4wd, lariat - ordered 9/15, scheduled 11/15, built 21/1 released from plant 12/1.
  • rnewmanrnewman Member Posts: 33
    I picked up my new Y2k F250SD CC 4x4 V-10 XLT, LB last night. My long wait is over. Ordered July 27, 1999. Build date 11/22, shipped via rail 11/27. ETA 12/13, Actual delivery 12/6/99. The truck came in perfect. All the options I ordered, none that I didn't. The dealer was very good. no extra haggling no hold ups, just sign here and have a great time. The deal was to be $700 over invoice however after a bit of working it ended at $600 over. When I went to pick it up we just used the aggrement we had in writing from months ago, no questions, no bait an switch.
    As for the truck, well perfect is pretty darn close. The teliscoping trailer tow mirrors are vantastic. V-10 has power to spare, and is reasonably quiet whilst cruising. Everyone waiting, hang in there this is one fine machine.
    More latter, gota go....newman
  • tracyotracyo Member Posts: 72
    This is definitely the place for us to be able to brag to each other about our new trucks that we are excited about! If you are not excited about yours and don't like it you are really at the wrong place. So give me a break and keep your negative comments to yourself.
  • mccdon1mccdon1 Member Posts: 32
    "I'll take a Ferari, Corvette, Porche, and a Viper
    over this peace of good-looking metal any day."

Not me.
  • crazyelviscrazyelvis Member Posts: 216
    Neighbor down the street is thinking of getting a 250 V10 with a 4.30....he wanted me to ask about a gear splitter....I was wondering if anyone out there knows about one for this config.....thanks....
    Viper.....what can I say....I'm sure nothing said to you will penetrate that THICK skull of yours...so I guess I won't say to you ....get a clue....calm down.....and let everyone who enjoys their trucks to brag a little in here.....and if ya don't like it....LEAVE!!!!!! I'm sure no one will miss you in here since you post no important info!!!! ......ooops...I guess I did say it!!!
  • todlaketodlake Member Posts: 48
    Not to drag it out, BUT, the thrill of owning a brand new SuperDuty can be awfully intoxicating. Let us ramble on in peace.
  • kgrantckgrantc Member Posts: 26
    First of all, wrong comment for this group of folks. Secondly, my story was underplayed at best. I am not known to exaggerate or write garbage. My truck was parked in front of Gibsons restaurant on Rush Street, and yes there were 2 Porches and a Mercedez parked across the street, no Ferrari thank God because I would have probably not seen it and accidently ran it over. You just sit-up so high in this thing. It really makes the Porche, Corvette, etc. look like a little match box toy. Anyway, sorry that you have to read this Viperle, but many more people showed admiration for this beast than any of the sports cars parked near it.
  • koakeykoakey Member Posts: 109
    I have another question (well, 2 :-) on the PSD engine.

Drove one last night and it was noisey than I was expecting from inside the truck with the windows up. Do you get used to the noise? Is it worse with the windows down (yeah, I could have checked that but didn't think of it since it was a bit cold outside at the time).

Ford says that the engine heater is good for -10F.
    Has anyone really had problems (with the proper fuel and/or additives) with diesel gelling at cold temps? (Say, it gets down to -20F during the day at work, am I walking home?)

bobh12, thanks for the pointers, I'll check out Courtesy and Medved.
  • gcorey1gcorey1 Member Posts: 9
    I just order a f250 sd 4wd cc on 12/1. I hope this truck will be as good as my old f250. It is a 86 4wd with 460. It has 175k on it and is still going strong. changed brakes once,one carb, and I put in a new timing chain and cam at 150k. It ran better than new!The body is giving up (cancer). So the new one has a tough goal to meet. Went with the 5.4L. to get better gas mil. figured that's what they made gears for.I'm past the speed thing.Have owned a 4x4 from 67 to present, a lot of things have improved.
    You might want to take a look-see at www.ford-diesel.com

Many, if not all of your PSD questions will find answers there.
  • rflintrflint Member Posts: 34
    We'll it will be one week this thurs since i took ownership of my sd250 lariet 5.4 lt eng dark torr red,So far gas mileage has been around 15.2 miles a gall.I can't say enough about this truck simply awsome!!i wouldn't want anything else.To all of you still waiting it's going to be worth the wait!!you won't be unhappy.
  • time4familytime4family Member Posts: 24
    Jerryg5 My PSD has the 3.73 LS and as I stated prior it is great.

Koakey My PSD is noisey until it warms up and then it seems to quiet down. (or I am just deaf by then, Kidding guys just kidding)

Viperb**tt- I sold my 73 Z28 blk/blk RS 350 LT1 4 spd to a friend of mine when I got my truck. It wasn't a Vette or such but I have never looked back. please quit your complaining and enjoy the ride.
  • shotgun1shotgun1 Member Posts: 57
    Regarding your milage, what's your gearing and do you have stick or auto? I'm on my second tank with the 5.4l. Couldn't really check the first tank as I don't know if dealer really filled all the way!
  • ddavis3ddavis3 Member Posts: 1
    I have a couple questions which I hope don't reveal a problem. First, there is a distinct engine knock around 70 mph especially when accelerating. The dealer said it was engine knock. I was wondering if others with my configuration (see below) have noticed this and if its potentially harmful to my engine? I'm using 87 octane but will try higher just to see if the pinging stops.

Second, there seems to be alot of loose play in my drive shaft. There is a definite "clunk" in the rear especially pronounced when I'm in first and let off the gas and then reapply the gas. But definitely noticable in all gears. I can rotate the drive shaft about 1/3 and inch. Is this with in spec.?

I have about 2100 miles on the truck and get 12 to 14 mpg no matter what. Which I don't think is to bad.

My configuration: Y2k, F-250, CC, XLT, 5sp, 3.73, V10, 4x4

Thanks,

Don
  • lewaclewac Member Posts: 151
    jraske... that doesn't seem too good on the mileage thing. unfortunately, we don't have our beast yet (probably another 10 days, 2 weeks). the dealer's had the invoice from Ford about a week now so we know the truck is somewhere. on the rail, in the yard, somewhere in one piece. most of our 1st tank is going to be highway as the dealer is located across the state from us (in Tampa, FL.. we're on the east coast). It's also a "flat" ride which will of course, help the mileage even more. but it does seem that you're reporting lowish mileage compared to others that have posted here in regard to the psd. will definitely be posting mileage and the circumstances that have derived same (once we get the thing, of course).

viperle... give ME a break? how about giving us ALL a break, instead! you've thankfully "toned" down your wording so how about working some more on the good 'ole attitude? you're not an imbecile (you wouldn't have found this new thread if you were). however; if you sound like one anyway, what is the real difference? everyone is welcome here... but you MUST recognize (and respect) the differences, not only here, but also amongst all within this thing we call life.

for example: you don't know this of course... but I'm pretty handy with computers & digital circuitry & such. I should be because I'm an engineer specializing in the inner "workings" of such contraptions. but guess what? you probably would NOT want me operating upon your brain tumor! why? because although I'm somewhat aware in regard to a specific subject this does not make me even remotely aware of many, many other subjects (brain surgery, unfortunately; being amongst them).

the jest of all this off-beaten stuff? there's a place in time for everything. unfortunately, again; THIS is not the place nor the time for your continued derogatory comment. so try this: whenever you interact with humanity, place yourself in those other shoes and observe. would you REALLY want to be a RECIPIENT of such rude behavior? I for one, sincerely hope this helps you in some small way.
  • pistoleropistolero Member Posts: 52
    I ordered a 350 CC V-10 4WD DRW on November 23rd. I too had heard all the stories about engine plant fires, Ford stopping orders on V-10's etc. As of a few hours ago when I called the VOPC, my truck is scheduled for build the week of 10 January. Hopefully it will hold!! I think the whole thing comes down to allocation, this has been a hot topic in this forum. I was disappointed to only get a priority 15 on my DORA, as a lot of people said a 10 was the best and no doubt it is, but I'm a happy camper now. My dealer told me he had good allocations, now I know he wasn't spoofing me. Shop around, make em show you. Good luck!!
  • crazyelviscrazyelvis Member Posts: 216
    Viperdude has a brain tumor???? I am sure it is benign and all...but that explains the pressure he must feel when he tries to think!!!......
    OK....one more time....gear splitters....V10 4.30 ratio....for my friend down the street....I know nothing about those "do hickeys"....HELP!!!
  • tom18tom18 Member Posts: 89
    Anyone have any thoughts on Rapid Heat System offerred in Ford Truck accessories book - part number 18D496 last item in book page 21 price $733.33 uninstalled - How does this differ from the engine block heater that you plug in at night? Do you guys in Alaska use it ?
  • BrutusBrutus Member Posts: 1,113
    I got a recall notice yesterday related to the gas tank. I'll have to get it into the dealer after the holidays to get the work done.

I'm not familar with the rapid heat system. The block heater works plenty fine. I usually plug it in when temps are going to drop below 15. The big advantage of plugging it in is that the heater cranks out warm air almost immediately when you start the truck up the next day. Just as an FYI, the V-10 will crank in extreme cold weather. In Ft. Nelson last January on the Alaska Hwy, it was -30ish and I wasn't able to plug it in. It cranked up about 10 hours later, but it wasn't too happy about it.

Usually, in cold weather climates, service stations will sell winter diesel that helps prevent gelling. Up here in Alaska, I believe our stations also have a winter mix of gas that has ethanol. I think it's an environmnental thing, not a cool weather thing. I think it cost me some mpg. I took a 200 mile hwy trip yesterday and got around 1mpg less than I did on the same trip in August.

I wouldn't know what to do with a Porsche or a Vette. I guess I could toss them in the back of my truck and haul them around for people to look at. I actually took my driver's test in a Vette in the late 70s. It had four on the floor.....and four in the engine. It was only a Chevette after all. I owned a 70 GTO for three years about 20 years ago. I loved the car, but have no desire to own another sports car. I don't ever see owning anything other than a truck again.
  • rflintrflint Member Posts: 34
    regarding your ? I have the 3.73 gear ratio on my truck.Im not doing any real towing or or plowing etc..most of mile so far have been 70%hwy,
  • sprintnutsprintnut Member Posts: 10
    Ordered 10/8/99: Y2Y F350 4X4 V10 AUTO SC LB SRW Lariat. (PRIORITY 10).
    Still clean and unscheduled after 2 months! Dealer no assistance. What options do I have?
    Should I just keep waiting or ?.
    Comments and/or suggestions welcomed.
  • viperleviperle Member Posts: 31
    I din't realize you all love your SD THAT MUCH. I apologize if I have in anyway upset you all for talking trash about your beloved truck.

I myself do "like" this SD truck that I have. Why else did I bought it? It looks better than the F150 crap that Ford has, and it's comparable to the Dodge Ram in style.

But I'm not about to say that it's the best truck or it looks better than exotic cars. That would be stretching it.

LEWAC,

What have I said to show disrespect to you? YOU have your opinions, and I have mine. What is so disrespectful about it? Did I call anybody names? Let's not get personal and start calling people names here.

Respect? The only person who makes any sense here is Brutus.

And what is your point about being an engineer?

kgrantc

Thanks for the mild response. I was expecting more heat from you than anyone else here. I see your point. BTW, I understand what you are saying. I had the same feeling a few years back when I bought the Dodge Ram. As you can see, I'm not brand loyal. I buy only the best.

Finally, from your wishes, I won't post anymore messages. I'll just look.

Thanks.
  • sangerplrsangerplr Member Posts: 8
    In response to crazyelvis' friend down the street.
    Your friend is thinking of the Overdrive/Underdrive unit made by GearVendors in El Cajon, CA.
    Web site: www.gearvendors.com
    This system is rated for 30,000 GCVW. It is probably the strongest unit made. For the 4R100 tranny it will cost approx. $2800 plus install.

My Y2K 250CC,V10,SB,4x4,Lariat is at the ramp now. Should have it by next week. Ordered 9/30.
  • jtcjtc Member Posts: 17
    What is the best rate anyone has heard Ford offering on new SD pickups? My new SD showed up at the dealer yesterday, but the finance guy there is playing games with the rates he's offering. Thanks
  • tom18tom18 Member Posts: 89
    found it interesting to read this viperle stuff - reminds me of Chevy topics where some Dave guy tries to stir up everybody - sounds like a lonely guy trying to get some attention - alah -Jerry! Jerry! Those sights often offer little real info and rapidly become boring -I think ignoring such meaningless input will get him to another sight and we can move on and learn a little -I think it is best to talk about the truck itself in regard to concrete things - comparing it to sports cars etc. seems a little light.

Ford describes the Rapid Heat System as follows :
    " For those who live in cold climates ..."
    " ...stores waste engine heat for several days and releases it into the cooling system on the next cold start, resulting in warm air flowing from the heat/defrost ducts within as little as 15 seconds of start-up." Anybody use it ?
    I think crazyelvis is correct in saying this viperguy has a thick skull, either he just does not get that you don't go to a site that everyone has superduty trucks and bad mouth them while braging about dodge trucks and sports cars, or he is just being a wise guy and trying to stir everyone up. In either case I am going to ignore anything else he posts.
    Can anyone refer me to a "reputable" spray in liner dealer in the Chicago area? Line-X or Rhino, I have heard good things about both.
    I agree with you guys.......ignore those who are looking for attention.......I thought I might receive a response from him when I told my little story........however, I just thought it was worth telling for those who are anxiously waiting.
    Everyone waiting for your super dutys HANG IN THERE !! dont jump ship, for anouther manufacuer
    these trucks are worth waiting for!
    Everyone that see's my truck says " WOW thats a nice truck, or boy thats a big truck. I haven't parked next to any sports cars yet to see if my truck gets the most looks but I think that would depend on your type of people going by,for instance if i saw a nice truck and a fancy sports car side by sideI would look both of them over.
    viperle, I dont think anybody wants to drive you out of this sight, you have as much right here as anybody, but we dont want you knocking our trucks,
    as long as you keep your coments to a more professinal level i am sure you will be welcome here.
    I saw a fix fore the drink holders on the SD trucks about a week or two ago ? but can't seem to find it,does any body know the number of that post ? or could that person repeat the fix ? I didn't have my truck at that time so I didn't
    copy it down. thanx
    john
    I decided not to go with a spray in liner, I bought a nice h/d bed mat along with diamond plate front and tail gate plates. I think that diamond plate aluminum really sets off the island blue color.
  • shook1shook1 Member Posts: 5
    I have a 00' 250 SD SC 4X4 XLT 5SPD, and have about 1300 miles on it. I have the same noise with my truck too. It is especially noticable when I am in second gear and idleing along, when I give it gas it clunks like hell. It will do it also when I shift from second to third if I am getting on it. At first I thought the backlash was not set correctly in the rear end, but the more I listen to it I think it is in the transmission???? I have a little play in my driveline, but have other trucks with more slop in them and never had this this shifting clunk. I have had no time to get the truck in to have it looked at, but am going to get it in for sure. Let me know what you find out, I will do the same if I get it in soon.
  • gofordgogofordgo Member Posts: 1
    i've never ordered a vehicle from dealer but considering now. what is "priority 10 or 15" mean?
    I bet the diamond plates look awesome. I have thought about them myself. What can I expect in terms of cost for the two diamond plates and h/d mat? Will the diamond plates rust? Does a spray in liner better protect from future rust and corrosion?
    The h/d rubber bed mat you can get at tractor supply for $69.95. The best price I have seen on the diamond plated plates is $55.00 for the front and $55.00 for the tailgate. I went through www.ford-trucks.com for mine. Diamond plate will not rust as it is aluminum.
  • wab3wab3 Member Posts: 13
    I also just got scheduled for my SD build the week of 1/10. How many truck are they planning to build that week? Ordered 11/12 (XLT SC LB AT V-10 3.73). If it gets to the dealer by the end of January, I'll have waited ten weeks from order to arrival. Fine with me.

George Hilton! Where did you get your MX cap for $1100? The local dealer is quoting me twice that for one with a headliner. And are you sure the windows are frameless? The floor model at the dealer has aluminum framed side windows. Kinda ugly compared to a SnugTop.
This discussion has been closed.