Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Armada Prices Paid and Buying Experience

sbbsbb Member Posts: 10
OK guys... How much did you pay? Where? How was the dealer? I am looking at 38000 for an LE 4x4, no options. What about you?

Comments

• rparnellrparnell Member Posts: 27
    is what I paid for LE 4x4.
  • rshershe Member Posts: 236
    I paid $1000 over invoice for a Smoke LE, with rear bench, Tech and DVD... Keep in mind that depending on what option packages and colors you want will determine how much the dealer will deal.. I found that Smoke Color, LE, with Bench, tech and DVD are the least likely combo to get a great deal on, but you can do alright is your willing to do some searching.

If you are willing to take the burnt pumpkin color, with the tan/grey interior combo--I'm sure you could make a killing at the dealership, since they can't give that combo away.
  • mpowermpower Member Posts: 5
    Bought a new Armada tonight - car arrives Monday

Just fell into the deal really. Black on Black SE w/ leather/bose/rear DVD/tow pkg. I negotiated to roughly $200 under invoice...am really pleased methinks. Obviously NMAC must have some underlying support, but I feel like I really stole this deal...why can't BMW let me sneak out w/ this kinda deal...yeah right. (Own '01 525ia)
  • nitemasknitemask Member Posts: 33
    LE 4x4 w/ Upgrade package
  • g2driverg2driver Member Posts: 1
    I bought a brand new Nissan Armada LE, 2WD, with high tech package, DVD package, bench seat, silver with graphite leather, splash guards, cargo tray, floor mats and a 6 year-100,000 mile high tech warranty (100 deductable) for $41,500.

I think I got a pretty darn good deal!

Raj
  • offroadnarmadaoffroadnarmada Member Posts: 65
    Man i think i have been blinded... I bought a RWD SE Black/Graphite with Tow, Bose, Microfilter, Floor Mats, and Cargo Tray. After a HUGE battle with my local dealership because I'm "only" a teenager, I bought from two hours away. (this is all in February) - I paid 36,500 with TTL and Warranty, saving about 5,000 off their prices. Now I look to find the prices around 33,000 for a bare Armada!! After a month of trouble and being told that I am not allowed to test drive because I need to buy, I only saved what some are saving just buying outright, and I paid cash!
  • jhocjhoc Member Posts: 1
    2004 LE silver/graphite with Nav and DVD, for invoice.
  • 81trekker81trekker Member Posts: 51
    Only extras we got were the Bose System and tow package. Got it for the invoice price. For that price, the sales manager insisted we take it from inventory. Finally found one with an acceptable color and the tow package. Would have liked some of the extras like a sun roof and the automatic seat settings,but they only come with leather. We wanted cloth due to our dog.

81 Trekker
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter for a national publication would like to talk to some Pathfinder Armada owners. Some have had no problems and others have had many quality issues - he is interested in both. You must be willing to be interviewed and quoted by name in print. If you are so inclined and would like to tell your Armada story, please send an email to carguy147@hotmail.com by Tuesday, May 4, 2004.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• rszkodzirszkodzi Member Posts: 4
    But everyone in my area is negotiating this price so I'm right on the money.
    4x4 LE All the Options $43K
  • ms.razorms.razor Member Posts: 1
    Just closed on a blizzard LE 4x4 with Nav. and dvd. It even had a sunroof and the upgrade package for $41,928, and they threw in a $100 gas card. I think I did pretty good.
  • jttsajttsa Member Posts: 1
    A 2004 SE 4X2 with Bose for 30,999(MSRP Sticker was just under 36) with 1.9% financing on 60 mo's. I thought that was pretty good :)
  • armadaarmada Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my NEW ARMADA SE 4x4 Leather + BOSE for $1500 Under Invoice ! I paid Only $35,100 for. Black color with Grey Leather inside. LOVE IT !! MSRP was $36,655
  • evo2armadaevo2armada Member Posts: 1
    i just bought my 04 armada SE 4x4 with bose pckg only, got it for 30k...7700 off sticker price...i thought thats a great deal!!!btw im from nothern cali and got the armada from nissan north bay @ petaluma..
  • 514329514329 Member Posts: 60
    anyone has experience buying this SUV at carsdirect.com? their cheaper by $ from invoice plus Nissan has a $1500 rebate.
  • 13lade13lade Member Posts: 1
    Smoke LE 4x4 w/ Tech/Nav Pkg and DVD entertainment system for $41100 (after $1500 rebate)
  • alohasurfer1alohasurfer1 Member Posts: 13
    hi..in negotiations now with Baron Nissan on Long Island NY. Here is what they are quoting:
    SE w/ leather and sunroof $38180.00 ($1000 over invoice)
    SE OFF ROAD w/sunfoof $40436.00 ($1000 over invoice)
    LE w/ roof $41532.00 ($1000 over invoice)

I think invoice prices are a bit high. I think they should be closer to $36,726 (SE) $37551 (SE OFF ROAD) and $39300 (LE)

Please let me know your thoughts and any tips on negotiating a better price. Will be buying the truck w/ Nissan 1.9% financing

Aloha
  • big0147big0147 Member Posts: 15
    Aloha,
    The invoice prices are too high. The dealer invoice for an SE Base Model is around 30,275.00 not including the destination charge (650). The SE OffRoad is around 33,789 and thats including invoice. The LE dealer invoice is 35,016 and thats including the dest charge. I got a good deal on my Silver LE got it for 37,789 before taxes. That was in Oahu at New City Nissan, hope this helps
  • alohasurfer1alohasurfer1 Member Posts: 13
    Thank you very much. My wife and I like the SE OFF ROAD/leather/Sunroof. What price should I go back to them at to get the deal??? I dont want to keep playing the back and forth game. I want to call them tomorrow and say "get me this truck at X price and you have a deal" Again, thanks for all the help.

Aloha
  • rizktkrrizktkr Member Posts: 1
    Try the quote on carsdirect.com. It is lower than anything else I have found.
  • prelecprelec Member Posts: 15
    I got a new LE w/ technology pack for $39,500. MSRP is $45,520. It,s great, I just picked it up tonite. The "slip" & the "vdc off" idiot lights are on. I'll see what they can do tomorrow. I hope it's nothing major
  • brown44brown44 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to find a used Armada SE 4x4. They are starting to become available and I would appreciate some help determining a good price for this model with 10--15k on it. Also, other than checking the build date and the car fax info., is there anything else I should look out for. Thanks for the help.
  • rrachapudirrachapudi Member Posts: 13
    I paid $41060 + TTL for an ARMADA with Navigation and DVD player after the $1500 rebate from Nissan. It is manufactured 07/04 and I'm hoping that majority of the problems are addressed.
  • phkckphkck Member Posts: 185
    Was it the 4X4 LE, or what trim with those options? Or basically how much of MSRP? Thanks
    It was a 4x4 LE. I don't think you can get Navigation on SE. The MSRP was $47,070.
  • bsmoothbsmooth Member Posts: 9
    I am in the process of looking into purchasing a 2004 LE 4X4 fully loaded Armada(Tech,DVD,Sunroof,Lthr,Pwr liftgate and second row captains chairs). So far the dealer has given me a quote of $43000 for this vehicle. Supposedly the sticker price is $47070. Any word on weather this is a good price. He told me invoice was $42,560...Any help would be appreciated.
    looks like people are doing better, rrachapudi got around $6000 off MSRP. Sounds like a good price would be Invoice minus the current $1500 rebate.

Also, are there any other dealers in the area? The Nissan site is pretty good about showing current inventory.

$43,000 minus the $1500 rebate would be the most I would pay at this point in the model year.

I know in Kansas City one dealer has 17 Armada's on the lot!
    Would you do the $1500 rebate or the @5 finance rate through Nissan???
    yea probably?
    isnt the 2% a better deal in the long run?
    If you keep the Armada for 5 years, yes the 2% finance is a better deal.
    Example
    Finance - $43,000 - $1500 rebate = $41,500
    60 months at 6% (guess on current rates)
    Totals $48138

Finance - $43,000
    60 months at 2% (nissan special finance rate)
    Totals $ 45221

Savings $2917 - $1500 = $1417 more taking the 2% financing.

So, yes if you keep the Armada for the length of the contract you come out ahead $1417. FWIW
    thanks that is what I was leaning towards. Just trying to get this sales guy to come down in price to around $42,500 which is invoice, but he is not budging since they don't have this suv on the lot and has to get it from another dealer....
    My LE with the trim and options I wanted was also not on the dealer's lot. But he sold it to me at (invoice-rebate) after locating and bringing it from a dealer nearby. Since new models will be coming out soon, dealers will be willing to go down on price. You may also try carsdirect.com. They were also able to get the same model at about the same price. Good luck.
  • jaboojaboo Member Posts: 5
    I have received a quote for $6,500 off the MRSP of $44,820 for a 2004 armada LE 4x4 with dvd and sunroof. Is this a good deal with the nissan rebate?
    In Kansas City, they advertised up to $8000 off MSRP on Armada's. I called and the sales manager stated that was on LE's. But my hunch is that would have to be a technology package ($3900) equipped model. I am actually going to look and drive an Armada this morning.
    One catch for the $8000 of new Armada's is qualify for $500 college grad rebate. Yes, fully loaded units coming in around $47,000.
    I was not blown away by the Armada but impressed with the content included. Engine and drivetrain seemed strong. I notice what was probably the resonance issue many are experiencing in a non-sunroof LE that had an 04-04 manufacture sticker.
    So, still looking around at the moment.
    The college grad $500 is somewhat laughable on the Armada. You have to have graduated with a college degree within the past 2 years. I would imagine unless you are getting an advanced degree the payments might be a push.
    Went and test drove a second Armada today. This 4X4 LE had the technology package and no DVD player. Salesman is great, no pressure just wanting to make things happen.

This is the same dealer offering up to $8000 off Armada's. Of course, that one sold! but their price came out to about $6700 off sticker. They were working pretty hard on the trade end but we were still $1000 off.
    The test drive did not blow me away and make me NEED/WANT the Armada. Guess I just have not made the emotional connection yet.

The build date was 06/04 and the resonance issue did not seem to rear its ugly head. I took an extended ride on the freeway, only negative was the pogo stick type ride over the expansion joints (they were about 10 feet apart) on the highway. I agree there are areas where you can see the cost cutting but honestly seems like a good value.
      I will admit I am a little spooked by the problems with the roof and brakes people are having.
    I think another $1000 would have done it though!
    So I am an official owner after thoroughly reading every ones posts on the Armada. I am picking up my LE 4x4 fully loaded tomorrow morning. I have taken the vehicle out twice, once just on the local roads the second time took it on major highway and all the way home(wanted to see if it was going to fit in the garage). Final price paid for the vehicle was $42850. I love this truck...has everything I wanted, although I agree some items need attention..ie lights on steering wheel controls etc...I truly hope all problems have been fixed by now....because I dont want to be disappointed..
  • rseupaulrseupaul Member Posts: 2
    I think I am getting a nice price for my 04 Galaxy Nissan Armada fully loaded (Techno and DVD packages) for $42,500 (about $50 below invoice). I did NOT use the rebate but will be using the 2% financing. I should be picking up the car this week. Any thoughts out there before I give a final signature to purchase??? If you know of better deals out there, please let me know.
    I think the only deal that can beat that probably is a deal I saw in the news paper today from Rt. 46 Nissan in Totowa, New Jersey. I guess you can negotiate the price you want for the ARMADA, say the invoice price. When you buy this ARMADA, you get a 2003 Nissan Sentra "free". I didn't call the dealer to see what conditions are attached because I bought my ARMADA two weeks ago. If I didn't already buy mine, I' have given them at least a try. Knowing the fuel consumption of Armada, I'd have taken a Sentra and used it for routine trips and used Armada only when needed. I hope somebody will benefit from this.
  • rseupaulrseupaul Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply. I will ask my dealer about what sounds like an awesome deal.
  • soldaustinsoldaustin Member Posts: 91
    Well, good luck. I don't think it is possible that the bugs are worked out. You will have problems. There is not one vehicle that is problem free. It is impossible. I have talked to consumer affairs and basically have found them just to be note takers but no power to do anything. Either this or they won't do anything. You name it and I have had problems with it. Be prepared to have new brakes put on at about 5k miles. I am waiting on the fix for them now. They don't even have enough parts yet for the fix (some new shims have been added since the brake fix didn't work) so that means they didn't use them on the ones that came off of the line. Consumer affairs told me they are back logged to try and get the parts to fix them and they are glad they talked to me so they can put me into the first allotment. They are hoping this will take care of the brake problem. The roof probably still isn't fixed since it is more than likely a design flaw. Listen clostly over bumps. Think that is wind noise on the interstate? Probably the roof flexing. Oh, I was just told by my service department that the roof is supposed to do that and that they all flex. It is normal. Can you believe? They refuse to do the fix on my roof because they don't hear the sound. I drove it today and the low rumble was at its best. Anyway, good luck and don't wait to take your vehicle in if you have a problem. Nissan service sucks and you will find that out. This is my first and probably my last.
    that deal I read too in the paper. However, fine print stated only 1 on lot. I had called and it was sold the prior day. Nissan in Totowa was not willing to match what the Stanhope Nissan was offereing as far as price and service dept. stuff, like tires for life...free wash and detail with every service and free loaner for all services performed. To me that is a dealer bending over backwards to make their costumer happy...
    Hi,
    How does this service from Stanhope Nissan work? Especially this tires for life deal, do you pay extra for this? I bought a Road Hazard warranty when I bought the Armada. After I came home and looked carefully, it sounded like a waste of money since your OEM tire warranty is for three years. Anyway, could you please elaborate on the service terms at Stanhope Nissan? Thanks.
  • soldaustinsoldaustin Member Posts: 91
    The tire warranty is 3 years?? My tires are almost worn out at 12,800 miles. The dealer told me I have no warranty on tires so I had to buy a new set. They would not even align it since they told me the alignment warranty was out at 12,000 miles. (told me the TSB is only through the regular warranty period of 12k miles) I took it to Sears and had the 4 wheel alignment done and it was off. Nissan said my tire wear is normal.
    As long as I perform all services and warranties at the Stanhope Nissan Dealership they will provide you with: Tires for the life on all vehicles except Infiniti's, wash and detail with any service and a loaner car when brought in for service....amazing deal cant be beat anywhere. I am not aware of any other Nissan dealer in NJ that does this for their costumers
  • skidunnskidunn Member Posts: 1
    After trying company fleet program I gave the Costco program a try. Early this year it was $500 over invoice. Now it is down to Dealer invoice. The problem was I wasn't to happy with the sales team. Net it out I paid $37763 ($300 below invoice) Manufactured 8/04. I skipped the NAV unit because I didn't like the placement. But other than that I was very happy with the dealer. Also happy with the trade value of my used car. All around a good deal.
  • junk_foodjunk_food Member Posts: 4
    Wondering what kind of payments I could expect?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Hi junk_food - you need to provide a little bit more information to get an idea from other shoppers. What options? What area of the country?

Providing as much info as possible is more likely to get you the best feedback.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• mechachromemechachrome Member Posts: 1
    New to the boards here,tho ive been reading them for quite some time. So my wife an i finaly decided to buy. We picked LE,4x4,Tech pkg,splash guards an floor mats. Out the door price $41990. Had to take it in black tho (wanted Canteen) but in that color with the 2nd row bench seats didnt seem to exist.