Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• Options
    anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    edited August 2013
    I spotted not one but two of the new Mitsubushi Outlanders this morning. Then again, in person they look like something that could have come out in 2003 so nobody but car fans probably recognized it as new...

Another new RAV4 at work this morning, took the wifes new car to work today. It's a green color which I like the best so far. Sucker was over 31 grand, yikes.
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    This goofy look that Acura thinks is the next big thing:

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Looks like something you get in a cereal box.
  • Options
    bhill2bhill2 Member Posts: 2,472
    "Looks like something you get in a cereal box."

Looks like something you get in a dirty bathroom.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv. (RIP 2001 Jaguar XK8 cnv and 1985 MB 380SE [the best of the lot])

• Options
    lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    ...dark gray 2014 Chevrolet Impala near Knorr and Rising Sun in NE Philly.
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    edited August 2013
    a Gray CX-5, Green Fiesta, Maroon Nissan Pathfinder. I had a 2011 Explorer, which looks somewhat bloated. Pathfinder looks like a rejected Explorer design.
    On the road...
    Twice i have seen Nissan Rogue 'Krom' Editions. Cheap looking rear center dual exhaust feature.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    Saw another new MDX today (maybe the same as yesterday), 2x Tesla, SL63 with recent plates, Pathfinder minivan.
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Saw one in the ready line and it is an impressive looking vehicle...have yet to drive one but just can't wait. Last weekend on my 4 Ft. Myers to Lauderdale trips I had 2 Jeep Liberty's, a Sentra and something else that slipped my mind right now, senior moment! Did a couple Orlando runs this week and had a Hyundai Tuscon and the next day a Hyundai Elantra...these were all going to the Manheim auction in Ocoee.

Things are starting to pick up a bit and hopefully we'll be back in full force after Labor Day!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    bhill2bhill2 Member Posts: 2,472
    Sandman, once you do drive one please be sure to post your opinions. It's been awhile since Chevy has made a sedan I wanted, and this one sounds promising.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv. (RIP 2001 Jaguar XK8 cnv and 1985 MB 380SE [the best of the lot])

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited August 2013
    In the parking lot of the natural foods coop in Taos. Talk about a cab forward design.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Was out goofing off with a friend, stopped by a few dealers as he is a perpetual browser. Drove by an Infiniti dealer who had a Q50 sitting outside. Jag dealer had signs on each XJ (my friend loves those) that claimed 10K off, and also a 699 lease deal on a SWB car. Audi dealer had A6 and A7 TDi - 64K and 78K MSRPs on those. Stopped by MB dealer to ask if the little rock chip I got via negligent road works would be a lease problem - it isn't nearly big enough for them to notice, so that's cool. Now just to deal with the running light. Saw a loaded to the gills designo 13 E550 with a 79K MSRP, and a 14 E550 cabrio with a 77K MSRP. Also saw a Cadenza on the road.
  • Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606
    Anyone see Juice post recently? Seems like its been awhile, but maybe I'm not following the right posts.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    Seems like he's been on vacation all summer.
  • Options
    Hopefully just in Brasil for a long spell rather than something unfortunate.

For new cars, I saw a rental Cadenza on the road today, and a 14 E wagon with freshly issued plates.
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    edited August 2013
    Kia Cadenzas are already in the rental fleet. There goes the marque down the drain.

I looked for one at my local Kia dealer and couldn't see one anywhere.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    I've seen a few on the road, and the Flyertalk rental forum has many sightings. Kia is HUGE in fleets, at least in my area.
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    Front and rear styling are kind derivative, Accord front, Sonata rear, but it's supposed to be a pretty good sedan.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    Just saw an E63 wagon - totally debadged, but you could see and hear it.
  • Options
    ...light gray-silver Cadillac ATS near Montour and Passmore in NE Philly.
  • Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,927
    Saw a burgundy one today too. It just seems to small for a Caddy.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    I got to drive one at the Philadelphia Auto Show back in February thinking it would make a nice car for my wife, but I liked it. The car I drove was the turbo four. I think Cadillac is going after the BMW 3-Series. The CTS seems to have grown to the 5-Series size. If any car is too small, it's the XTS which is too small to be the flagship Caddy. That, and its lack of a V-8, will see me in my DTS indefinitely.
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,557
    cylinder snob? The 306+ HP and 6.7 0-60 not good enough for you?

we do have different tastes, size wise. I think it is a grossly oversized whale that I would never want to have to pilot around!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,557
    pretty sure the first one I ever saw on the road. No idea of the range, but it was a brave owner. It was on the NJ Turnpike, and flying (probably doing close to 80 when it passed me). Had delaware plates, and it was heading south near Princeton, to something like 60 miles from there.

did look like the Lotus it was derived from though. Only new what it was when I saw the name on the back.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,392
    This week I've seen two late model cars wearing those stick-on portholes, one was a Mitsu Outlander, the second was an otherwise slick looking Mercedes CLK.

Did she really want people to think her Benz is a Buick? :sick: :confuse:

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

• Options
    I can't get past the psychological barrier of the lack of a V-8. A V-6 is OK for my diminutive wife, but I DEMAND a V-8! To me, the XTS is apologetically petite. Even my DTS is kind of small. Something the size of my Grand Marquis seems perfect for me. The 1977-era GM B and C body cars fit me like a custom tailored suit.
  • Options
    I've seen those stick-on portholes on all kinds of cars and trucks! My neighbor has a Chevy Avalanche with them on it!

How did you get the Emotorcons?
  • Options
    How did you get the Emotorcons?

The e-cons and format helpers appear at the bottom of original posts but not on replies.

[Insert emoticon for typical half-***sed Edmund's IT]

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,927
    I have the XTS's poorer cousin (2012 LaCrosse) and an 04 Grand Marquis. The Lacrosse actually has more front and rear legroom. The Marquis is wider inside with more headroom.

I would buy an XTS, but have to say that Caddy's flagship should be Lexus LS / BMW 750li sized with an optional V8 and RWD.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    edited August 2013
    The Lacrosse actually has more front and rear legroom. The Marquis is wider inside with more headroom.

Anyone who has ever sat in back of a CV/GM taxi can tell you the legroom sucks (I'm only 5'6")

I would buy an XTS, but have to say that Caddy's flagship should be Lexus LS / BMW 750li sized with an optional V8 and RWD

The XTS is not intended to be Caddy's flagship, that will likely be a sedan versionof the Emiraj concept car and will be V8-powered and RWD/AWD.

I think the XTS is supposed to appeal to the old folks who are looking for something to replace their Deville/DTS and are convinced the need FWD even tho many or most live in the Sunbelt.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,199
    Dealer tags.. at the supermarket. Diesel

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Got behind a 14 E cabrio in traffic, top down, driver met the assumed demographic :shades:
  • Options
    ...black Hyundai Eqqus on Rising Sun Avenue near Cottman in NE Philly.
  • Options
    Got behind an unplated new white Touareg TDi in traffic today, gagrice's twin.
  • Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    edited September 2013
    Don't know if it's just because I notice them more, but in Dallas it seems like new Cayennes outnumber new Touaregs 3:1...
  • Options
    On display at a city garden, of all places.
  • Options
    We had an X1 for a loaner, this past weekend.... I really liked it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I assume you probably got the Turbo 4 model? Was the power enough for the size and weight? My wife really likes them as well, but I'm steering her towards the Mini Countryman instead.

I'm itching to try that motor in the Z4 but I don't want to waste the dealers time driving something I probably won't buy.
  • Options
    The same in my neighborhood, lots of trophy wives etc around.
  • Options
    I'd sure want to drive the X1 and the Countryman back to back before going for the Countryman. Seems like the X1 has more to it. Just sat in both though, haven't driven either.

A rwd X1 turbo 4 is on my short list of future vehicles....
  • Options
    240 HP... I'm partial to inline-6s, but it's got more oomph than the 6 in our X3.... It's a real screamer compared to the turbo-4 in a Q5..

They have an easy button to lock out the stop/start feature, too.... So, that's a plus...

It's a snug wagon, though... feels like a sedan from the front seat.. (which I like)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606
    today, a 2014 Tundra. When in doubt, add more chrome...

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    E350 4matic in White. Love what they did with the headlights. Still my favorite large sedan...
  • Options
    I really like that Diamond White metallic paint option they offer.
  • Options
    ohenryxohenryx Member Posts: 285
    Spotted a Murano Cabriolet on my drive in to work this morning. First one I've seen in the flesh.

It's different, I'll give you that.
  • Options
    As much as the 'Cross Cabriolet' is hated, can anyone name a new convertible with equal or more room for 4 adults?
  • Options
    phaeton?
  • Options
    Maybe I should have added "for less than $100k"... :P
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,315
    Maybe I should have added "for less than $100k"...

Jeep Wrangler 4-door?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Jeep Wrangler 4-door?

How about something that doesn't rupture a kidney??
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,315
    How about something that doesn't rupture a kidney??

Well gee whiz, I thought we were looking for a convertible that had room for four.

Now your're putting in all these other restrictions.

:-)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4