Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• fintailfintail Posts: 43,342
    edited August 2013
    Was out goofing off with a friend, stopped by a few dealers as he is a perpetual browser. Drove by an Infiniti dealer who had a Q50 sitting outside. Jag dealer had signs on each XJ (my friend loves those) that claimed 10K off, and also a 699 lease deal on a SWB car. Audi dealer had A6 and A7 TDi - 64K and 78K MSRPs on those. Stopped by MB dealer to ask if the little rock chip I got via negligent road works would be a lease problem - it isn't nearly big enough for them to notice, so that's cool. Now just to deal with the running light. Saw a loaded to the gills designo 13 E550 with a 79K MSRP, and a 14 E550 cabrio with a 77K MSRP. Also saw a Cadenza on the road.
  • tifightertifighter WAPosts: 1,997
    Anyone see Juice post recently? Seems like its been awhile, but maybe I'm not following the right posts.

15.5 XC70 T6 / 16 Soul EV / 13 MB E350 Cabrio

• steverstever Posts: 52,683
    Seems like he's been on vacation all summer.
    Hopefully just in Brasil for a long spell rather than something unfortunate.

For new cars, I saw a rental Cadenza on the road today, and a 14 E wagon with freshly issued plates.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America I70 & I75 Posts: 21,605
    edited August 2013
    Kia Cadenzas are already in the rental fleet. There goes the marque down the drain.

I looked for one at my local Kia dealer and couldn't see one anywhere.

2015 Cruze 2LT, 2014 Malibu 2LT, 2008 Cobalt 2LT

I've seen a few on the road, and the Flyertalk rental forum has many sightings. Kia is HUGE in fleets, at least in my area.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 12,148
    Front and rear styling are kind derivative, Accord front, Sonata rear, but it's supposed to be a pretty good sedan.
    2017 Ford Fusion SE 2014 Ford F-150 FX4
    Just saw an E63 wagon - totally debadged, but you could see and hear it.
  • lemkolemko Philadelphia, PAPosts: 15,294
    ...light gray-silver Cadillac ATS near Montour and Passmore in NE Philly.
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 6,712
    Saw a burgundy one today too. It just seems to small for a Caddy.

2017 Buick Enclave / 2017 Hyundai Elantra

I got to drive one at the Philadelphia Auto Show back in February thinking it would make a nice car for my wife, but I liked it. The car I drove was the turbo four. I think Cadillac is going after the BMW 3-Series. The CTS seems to have grown to the 5-Series size. If any car is too small, it's the XTS which is too small to be the flagship Caddy. That, and its lack of a V-8, will see me in my DTS indefinitely.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 26,719
    cylinder snob? The 306+ HP and 6.7 0-60 not good enough for you?

we do have different tastes, size wise. I think it is a grossly oversized whale that I would never want to have to pilot around!

2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport (mine), 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's) and 2015 Jetta Sport (daughter's)

• stickguystickguy Posts: 26,719
    pretty sure the first one I ever saw on the road. No idea of the range, but it was a brave owner. It was on the NJ Turnpike, and flying (probably doing close to 80 when it passed me). Had delaware plates, and it was heading south near Princeton, to something like 60 miles from there.

did look like the Lotus it was derived from though. Only new what it was when I saw the name on the back.

2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport (mine), 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's) and 2015 Jetta Sport (daughter's)

• andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 18,998
    This week I've seen two late model cars wearing those stick-on portholes, one was a Mitsu Outlander, the second was an otherwise slick looking Mercedes CLK.

Did she really want people to think her Benz is a Buick? :sick: :confuse:

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

I can't get past the psychological barrier of the lack of a V-8. A V-6 is OK for my diminutive wife, but I DEMAND a V-8! To me, the XTS is apologetically petite. Even my DTS is kind of small. Something the size of my Grand Marquis seems perfect for me. The 1977-era GM B and C body cars fit me like a custom tailored suit.
    I've seen those stick-on portholes on all kinds of cars and trucks! My neighbor has a Chevy Avalanche with them on it!

How did you get the Emotorcons?
    How did you get the Emotorcons?

The e-cons and format helpers appear at the bottom of original posts but not on replies.

[Insert emoticon for typical half-***sed Edmund's IT]

• tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 6,712
    I have the XTS's poorer cousin (2012 LaCrosse) and an 04 Grand Marquis. The Lacrosse actually has more front and rear legroom. The Marquis is wider inside with more headroom.

I would buy an XTS, but have to say that Caddy's flagship should be Lexus LS / BMW 750li sized with an optional V8 and RWD.

2017 Buick Enclave / 2017 Hyundai Elantra

edited August 2013
    The Lacrosse actually has more front and rear legroom. The Marquis is wider inside with more headroom.

Anyone who has ever sat in back of a CV/GM taxi can tell you the legroom sucks (I'm only 5'6")

I would buy an XTS, but have to say that Caddy's flagship should be Lexus LS / BMW 750li sized with an optional V8 and RWD

The XTS is not intended to be Caddy's flagship, that will likely be a sedan versionof the Emiraj concept car and will be V8-powered and RWD/AWD.

I think the XTS is supposed to appeal to the old folks who are looking for something to replace their Deville/DTS and are convinced the need FWD even tho many or most live in the Sunbelt.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 72,944
    Dealer tags.. at the supermarket. Diesel

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs