Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Porsche Cayenne Prices Paid

Comments

• Options
    racer_65racer_65 Member Posts: 43
    No, I did not get a demo nor a Titanium Edition. Back in June, Titanium Edition wasn't out yet. I personally don't want a Titanium Edition if I had a choice, because I don't care for navigation and 2 tone interior.

Go search some Porsche dealer websites for their inventories. Several already show on there $5000 off right away, or $10K off for a demo. I'm not allowed to show links to cars for sale here, so I'll let you do the searching.
  • Options
    mcho3mcho3 Member Posts: 37
    thanks, i will get on that right away.
  • Options
    steve912steve912 Member Posts: 1
    I am shopping for a Cayenne V6. The best quote I have got is $8,000 off the MSRP $51255, it comes w/ Nav. moonroof, tiptronic only. Do you think I can get a better price?

S
  • Options
    martinfmartinf Member Posts: 121
    You are allowed to mention the dealerships that you shopped and which dealerships were offering the best discounts. That is the purpose of forums such as these. If you review any of the Mercedes or BMW forums, people very frankly post the names of the dealerships that gave them the best deals. There is no need to make people do extra work. Be a team player, please! "Go search some Porsche dealer websites for their inventories... I'll let you do the searching" is not really the spirit of online forums like this.
  • Options
    rishik12rishik12 Member Posts: 3
    I'm in the market for a 2006 model base Cayenne. Got a vehicle's sticker from the dealer (it's a 2006 Cayenne and has 11 total miles on it) and MSRP is about 52,500. I then ran it through Edmund's TMV pricing - it came out that the invoice price is 44,500. Edmunds doesn't think there are any dealer incentives or other freebies... 44,500 is it. I have two questions:

1. My brother says "Dealers have fought back against people who research invoice prices on the internet...and now those internet prices even have profit built in and are not 'true' invoice prices. I got my car for $2000 below the internet invoice price." Do you feel it's true that the invoice prices now have profits built in? Do you think I can get the Cayenne mentioned for below 44,500?

2. Second question: the dealers are including as an option
    G0R Tiptronic S for an DEALER price of 3,000.00

The thing is - when I go through the edmunds pricer, this option isn't listed. I've done a bit of research on it, and it seems legit - it seems tiptronic is an option on the 2006 base cayennes (it's standard on S model and above). But it's an odd oversight by Edmunds, isn't it? How could Edmunds not know about this option?

Appreciate your thoughts on both those questions.
  • Options
    vwguild1vwguild1 Member Posts: 98
    1. Porsche does not typically sell "Over Invoice" in any event; so that point is kind of moot...That said, I believe this profit "built in" is totally false...too many ways to cross reference the info...

2. The V6 Cayenne comes with a Std. 6 Speed Tranny, the Tip is an option...So few of these built that I doubt anyone even has an allocation for one...
  • Options
    japhalejaphale Member Posts: 15
    Hi:

Looking to lease 2006 V6 Cayenne. Could you please send details to japhale@yahoo.com ? (dealer, price, ets.?)

Thanks.

J
  • Options
    drivereightdrivereight Member Posts: 1
    If no one has an allocation for one. I can still order it right? Wonder how long that will take? Also, will any dealer be willing to negotiate if none are even out there to buy?
  • Options
    aveghteaveghte Member Posts: 68
    We looked at a Titanium Edition 2006 Cayenne S and the discount was substantial but for 4 years 48 months the residual was only 44% so the payments were much higher than we expected.

Is it true that if you can't afford to buy this vehicle it isn't worth leasing it because of the low residuals and high interest rates (.00310 lease factor is approximately 7.44%)?
  • Options
    What I meant was very few Dealers would not add the Tip...Time to delivery would not change...90-120 days.

I am sure that your local dealer will find some room to earn your business, but be prepared for a substantial deposit. I cannot imagine how long that Cayenne would sit there with a 6 Speed if, for some reason, you changed your mind...
  • Options
    treehousedadtreehousedad Member Posts: 1
    I'm ready to purchase a 2008 Cayenne V6, and hope to take delivery in May. The dealers I have spoken with have few of these vehicles in current inventory, and it has been difficult to get much insight into what is in their pipeline. I am flexible on options, colors, etc.

Is there a good way to get better insight into what vehicles will be available for delivery over the next couple of months in my region (Virginia/Maryland), other than calling each dealer individually?

How much off the MSRP can I expect to be able to get for a vehicle that is already in the pipeline and not yet sold? Previous posts indicate savings of 11%, but that seemed like it might be for vehicles that are already in stock and sitting in the lots. Please clarify...
    Thanks!
  • Options
    ismelllikepoopismelllikepoop Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to get either an 06 S demo or a new 08 base model. Since finding new/demo 06's is getting harder and harder im looking more at the 08's and was wondering what kind of discounts people are getting. I got a quote of 2k off which required no haggling so im guessing they can do better, but just curious what people's experiences have been like. thanks
  • Options
    kabbalahkabbalah Member Posts: 58
    I'm looking at an 08 Cayenne S with a sticker of approximately $76K. I know the 36m residuals are 58%. Does anybody know what the best money factors are, and how much profit are in these cars for the dealers? It's hard to find invoice prices for Porsche. Anybody know who would discount these vehicles? I'm in Atlanta, and I would be willing to order a vehicle or buy off the floor if the equipment was right, and I would be willing to travel to pick it up if the deal was right.

thanks
  • Options
    6degrees6degrees Member Posts: 19
    I heard that Cayenne V6(base) engine is not a real Porsche engine. Instead, it is a Volkswagen engine? Anybody knows the right answer?
  • Options
    ismelllikepoopismelllikepoop Member Posts: 2
    It's a porsche modified VW VR6 engine. so yeah it actually is a vw engine with a little extra power.
  • Options
    6degrees6degrees Member Posts: 19
    So, buying a Cayenne V6 (base) is pure ego? Maybe BMW X5 3.0 is a better choice?
  • Options
    The VW VR6 is a 15 degree V...For horizontally mounted engines...think R32.
  • Options
    bapchabapcha Member Posts: 5
    Yes - it starts life out as a VW engine, gets new heads, pistons, valve-gear [Variocam Plus] and ECU. Which makes it for practical purposes a Porsche engine.....

Then again Cayenne's chassis too originates at VW and is put together at Leipzig by Porsche.

Bapcha
  • Options
    weeweepadweeweepad Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know what's the typical discount and/or invoice for 2008 Cayenne in the northeast region?

I'm looking into a 2008 Cayenne and was offered $2000 off MSRP. Is that fair?

Thanks.
  • Options
    edwardc3000edwardc3000 Member Posts: 30
    I got $2000 off an 08 Cayenne at Ray Catena today. I think I can do better though.
  • Options
    tmhw1tmhw1 Member Posts: 7
    I live in San Jose area and I've bought a 08 Cayenne which is already on the boat, expecting it round mid July. Got it for around $5K off MSRP. Hope this will help.
  • Options
    I wonder why east coast & west coast have such a big difference in discount. I've asked several dealership in the NY/NJ area and they all aren't budging about the discounts.

edwardc3000, are you buying the car that's already in-stock/shipping or are you ordering yours?

thanks
  • Options
    Easy...Competition! More Porsches sold in Calif. than any other State...
  • Options
    So would it make sense to buy from CA and have it shipped to east coast? Is it even worth the hassle?
  • Options
    shipping it 5000 miles probably the same hassle as shipping it a few hundred miles. When I shop for my Cayenne, I've contacted some people in southern CA, they said it will cost $500 dollars to ship. The saleman that I bought the car with, said that he ships it all over the west coast all the time.
  • Options
    What you might save on the front, you will pay for on the back with the freight...Couple grand + for a covered carrier coast to coast...
  • Options
    edwardc3000edwardc3000 Member Posts: 30
    Wee

Didnt matter. Either way the offer was $2K.

My 2 cents..

I think that the Porshe sales folks are used to VERY affluent buyers to whom the cost of gasoline is not a factor in purchasing an automobile. The low end Cayenne (ie non Turbo) are targetted at mid to upper middle class buyers, and they ARE more cost conscious. With a soft real estate market, higher interest rates combined with an over $3 a gallon gas price (higher for premium required by the Cayenne) I think that these very overpriced vehicles will be on sale for 10% or more off MSRP in the fall.

And (again my 2 cents) if you are considering the 06 leftovers that they are offering for $10K + discount off MSRP, keep in mind that while they are NEW vehicles, they are already 2 years old in the market, and are already worth $20K less..so you are not getting a bargain.

There are LOTS of east coast Porsche dealers..maybe more are sold on the West Coast, but they are ALL required to move Cayennes as part of the PAG sales quota. Don't let your emotion play into the sale. They are leveraging the fact that they are one of the first manufacturer's to offer 08 models so early in the year. Come Sept, when EVERYBODY has 08s on the lot, the aura will be gone and you'll be able to negotiate better.

Happy Motoring !

ED
  • Options
    jf3jf3 Member Posts: 2
    Hey there, does anyone know of any exteneded warranty policies that cover "wear and tear" on porsches? My 04 Cayenne, first sold on July 03, warranty is ending at the end of July. The only warranty packages that I have found cover only "major mechanical breakdowns".

Fidelity seems to be the company that my porsche dealership is pushing
  • Options
    The only "wear & tear" warranty that I am familiar with was offered thru JM & A out of Florida...However; it was only available on a new Leased vehicle.
  • Options
    jf3jf3 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks vwguild1. I am actually looking at a brochure from JM&A Group and the first line states that is covers "major mechanical breakdowns".

Also, I have another brochure that looks almost identical, its a brochure from Fidelity. They are both from Deerfield, FL; i believe they are one in the same company.
  • Options
    JM & A is huge...But there is a seperate "Wear & tear" that they offer...Actually, I am using the policy now...I got it when I leased my wife's 2006 GLI...
  • Options
    istundraistundra Member Posts: 23
    Hello,

Anyone have any experience purchasing a S or a Turbo 2008 in the Bay Area?

I am looking to buy one but I do not have any experience purchasing a Porsche.

Any comments will definitely be appreciated.

Thank yoU!
  • Options
    I got my Cayenne from Steve Creek Porsche a month ago. I went there to get the S but ended up getting the base model since I found it good enough for me. Got about 10% off, I'm sure they can give you 10% on S too since I initially asked for the S.
    You need to contact the internet department, very straight forward and honest.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    sil29sil29 Member Posts: 5
    I just visited Paul Miller Porsche and without much difficulty they took 6% off the base model, this was for a car to be ordered not in dealer stock. after reading some comments I am trying to get 10% off.
  • Options
    When I went to a dealer to "build" my porsche he automatically added the 18 inch turbo wheels to the car, He said that aesthetically it would look better because they would fill in the wheel wells. Any comments?
  • Options
    davidc1davidc1 Member Posts: 168
    I think the 18 inch wheels is a must. 17s don't look right. By the way, did you drive the base model? How did you like it? How long did they say the wait was if you ordered? I plan to do the same soon.
  • Options
    I drove the base and the ride was great. If I order now it would be october production with early november delivery.
  • Options
    davidc1davidc1 Member Posts: 168
    Thanks. I assume you thought it had enough power? Also, are you buying or leasing, and how much are you paying? Sorry for asking lots of questions.
  • Options
    I'm looking to buy. Still waiting to hear back from some dealers. From what some people on the west coast have said I'm looking to pay 10% off MSRP. I'm in no rush but would like to get the car by the end of the year.
  • Options
    audacityaudacity Member Posts: 1
    A dealer I recently contacted offered me $2k less MSRP for a 200 mile driven 2008 Cayenne S. The MSRP of this car was around $65000. Is it a fair deal? I think I should get more discount than this. What kind discount should I expect for a 2008 Cayenne S around NY/NJ area? Could anyone help me?
  • Options
    irishrogue1irishrogue1 Member Posts: 127
    if you buy on west coast why ship covered to the east coast??? you are going to be driving it on the road for chrissakes!!

i just shipped two MB R500s from northern Calif to Wash DC and Phila on able auto transport - approx $900 each. you cant ship coast to coast for $500 based on the research i did....
  • Options
    racer_65racer_65 Member Posts: 43
    "A dealer I recently contacted offered me $2k less MSRP for a 200 mile driven 2008 Cayenne S. The MSRP of this car was around $65000. Is it a fair deal?"

Are they kidding? Tell them you need a 10% discount on a brand new one.
  • Options
    texassuntexassun Member Posts: 13
    Hi, everyone.

I lived in corpus christi. There are a only one dealer(Just got open-new owner)
    One salesman told me " It's porsche, You have to pay 4,000 more than the MSRP" So I told him. I knew this kind of business.. ba..ba.ba..

Finally, He said " Ok, 4,000 off of MSRP"

but, I got out. I felt a bad..

they are not pro salesman. ...

:mad:
  • Options
    kefti_27kefti_27 Member Posts: 3
    Hello there, Do you know of a good Porsche Dealership in the Bay Area? I'm looking into buying a 08 Cayenne V6 w/ Manual Transmission.
  • Options
    Hello Porsche Cayenne owners,

I'm looking into purchasing a Cayenne V6 with manual transmission. Is the air suspension and PDCC option worth getting? How much time would it actually take to special order a Cayenne with 6MT?

Also, would anyone recommend a decent porsche dealership in the bay area that could potentially offer 10% off MSRP?

~much appreciated!
  • Options
    Try the internet department of Steven Creek, don't walk in. For some reasons they cannot give very good deal when walk in. Got my three months ago and dealing with them is simple and straight forward.
  • Options
    If you don't mind me asking? What kind of deal did you get from Steven Creek? Did you get a V6? S? Turbo? and how do you like your Cayenne?
  • Options
    jimmyd25jimmyd25 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a base 08 Cayenne S with basically nothing but seats in it.. - i put aftermarket heated seats in it.. I love the car wanted something a little cheaper then the high60's after tax.

So i got mine new for under 60k now do i put atermarket options in .. I have a garmin so i didnt need NAV.. Should i leave the car base.. or should i put bigger wheels, stereo etc in it??

Was this a good deal? i really havent seen any CAYENNE S trade new below 60k
  • Options
    I got a V6 Cayenne with autotramission. I've post my review of the Cayenne in the X6 vs Cayenne thread so I'm going to repeat myself. And I got 10% off MSRP. Hope this will help.
  • Options
    bgsntthbgsntth Member Posts: 92
    Howdy,

I'm in the SF Bay Area and have begun the process of trying to procure a base Cayenne with the Preferred or Preferred Plus with 18" wheels. I see that folks were getting about 10% off MSRP a few months ago, but did not see anything current.

So anyone care to share their experience with wisdom? I'm going to do the email all dealers, but would appreciate any direct experience from our side of the table.

Thanks!