Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Azera 2006

Comments

• kingsalmonkingsalmon Member Posts: 97
    Dudecat,

The stench of your arrogance is what causes people like me to despise the owners of the Lexus's and Infiniti's of this world. If you drive a nice vehicle that you overpaid for, good for you. Let the man pay significantly less for a vehicle he likes. I personally don't like the Azera's styling that much, but absolutely love the new Sonata's looks.

I don't know why you're judging someone because he doesn't have your desired nameplate. I'm sorry for these harsh words, but your sarcastic humor was very condescending.
  • ratledgeratledge Member Posts: 233
    Oh, I agree - that's why I said "if you got out the door" at that price. Most likely, it was closer to $34K or higher.

Still - we're talking about 20% or more of the price. That's not chump change, as you noted! :P

(oh, and sorry 'kingsalmon' - I guess I'm one of those arrogant Lexus and Infiniti owners, eh? ;) Not!)

Again: let's be serious: the Azera is a ground-braking car price-wise and feature-wise...
  • danf1danf1 Member Posts: 897
    I'm happy to hear that it finally worked out for you. I hope that you enjoy driving your car more than you enjoyed shopping for it.
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,324
    Again: let's be serious: the Azera is a ground-braking car price-wise and feature-wise..

It is, and given the choice between the Azera and an ES330 there is no contest. With more HP and torque and a larger cabin for almost $4,000 less in my book the Azera wins hands down.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• dudecatdudecat Member Posts: 10
    Wow, what a sweeping statement - to despise Lexus and Infiniti owners of the world. You are entitled to your opinion, and form whatever judgement you want based on a couple of web posts. I have a dear friend who drives a Hyundai Santa Fe, and obviously, being a dear friend, I think very highly of this person.

Anyhow, with the fear of sounding even more arrogant, let me reiterate the point. The original post quoted $30K for the Azera, and goes on to mention a $10K (or more) gap between the Azera and several nameplates.

In an earlier post (in response to mtnman1), I did state explicity that I merely wanted to clarify that $10K gap. $30K + $10K = $40K (at least that was the way I read the original post), which is significantly more than what I paid for one of the nameplates mentioned.

As far as I am concerned, I thank ratledge for providing hard numbers, and clarifying and putting an end to the issue.

FYI - for someone who wreaks with the stench of arrogance, the Hyundai nameplate was on my short list of cars to look at, when shopping 2 months ago. After test driving several nameplates back to back, my wife & myself found enough likes versus dislikes to decide the Lexus was the best compromise. Is it our dream car - I don't think so (not sure if one actually exists). As I have said, it is the best compromise.

Hyundai has come of age, and makes good feature loaded cars (again, subjective opinion, but nonetheless, it was on my short list to begin with). It speaks volumes when certain car manufacturers consider the Korean brands a major threat.

As a final response to another post from snakeweasel - if HP, torque, a larger cabin, and paying $4K less upfront are the criteria that is going to make you happy, then go for it. I respect what you consider important attributes in whatever you buy. I simply have a different set of criteria in my decision making process. Also, let me state for the record, I am not implying one car is better than another (refer to one of my previous posts, stating there is no perfect car out there [at least not the ones I tested or owned in the past]). I thank mtnman1 for his/her comments, and could not have summed it up better - enjoy whatever you buy!
    As a final response to another post from snakeweasel - if HP, torque, a larger cabin, and paying $4K less upfront are the criteria that is going to make you happy, then go for it.

Lets put it this way, I cannot see paying more for less. I just don't see paying over $4k just so that I can have a name stuck on the back of my car.

FWIW other than the Caddy I never paid over $20K for a car in my life.

• lightfootfllightfootfl Member Posts: 442
    Gee snake, I'll bet you can remember 50 cent a gallon gas too. I paid under $2500 for a new Ford in 1956, but had to pay $25000 for a new Mercury in 2002. Time changes things, whether we like it or not. ;);) At any rate, I am happy to be able to buy a new car (2006 Sonata LX ) now, last month, :) for only $21500 including all taxes, etc OTD. :)
    Gee snake, I'll bet you can remember 50 cent a gallon gas too.

I remember 30 cent a gallon gas.

At any rate, I am happy to be able to buy a new car (2006 Sonata LX ) now, last month, for only $21500 including all taxes, etc OTD.

I am seriously thinking that once the Elantra dies I will get a low priced commuter car, sub $15K that gets decent mileage. Since we have the caddy and the wife will get a nice mid priced car.

Well, what can I say snake. Very hard to take you seriously when you claim in one post you have never pay more than $20K for your cars (other than the Caddy), in your entire life. Yet in another post you admit to paying $21K for the Sonata.

So help me understand the point you are making? On second thought, don’t bother responding, as I really don’t want to know.

In anycase, with respect to your earlier post - if a reputation for reliability, respectable safety results, better than average resale value, etc...., is considered less, than so be it in your eyes. Simply boils down to what I consider important in a car (which is all that really matters) versus what you think of as important in your purchase decision.

At the risk of steering off the beaten path - if I wanted more performance (HP, torque, etc...), I could have opted for something sportier. Point is, performance was not high on our list, and the car we ended up purchasing does an adequate job.

If cabin room were the issue, I could have hung onto our Nissan Pathfinder, or purchased another SUV, station wagon, truck, or whatever fits the bill. After driving 2 SUV’s over a period of 12 years + a wagon for another couple of years + a truck that lasted all but a few months, we opted not to continue in that direction for various reasons.

Like I said, one man's meat is another's poison. Point is, one can continue debating the virtues of one car versus another, and there will always be at least 2 camps making the argument. Hence, whatever makes your world rock, I really wish you all the best and congratulate you on your purchase. Hope you enjoy your ride.
    Well, what can I say snake. Very hard to take you seriously when you claim in one post you have never pay more than $20K for your cars (other than the Caddy), in your entire life. Yet in another post you admit to paying $21K for the Sonata.

Please post a link to that post. I seriously doubt I said I paid $21K for a Sonata since I do not now, nor ever have, owned one. Granted it is a possibility in the future for a Sonata to replace my wifes daily drive, but as of now we don't have one.

Either you are confusing me with someone else, or you're making that up. Either way it doesn't make you look good if you can't get your facts straight.

So help me understand the point you are making?

What point? That I would rather not pay more for less?

In any case, with respect to your earlier post - if a reputation for reliability, respectable safety results, better than average resale value, etc...., is considered less, than so be it in your eyes.

Well let me address those one by one:

Reliability, I seriously doubt that Toyota is to far ahead of hyundai in reliability. FWIW I have been to some Toyota forums in the last few days and you should see the complaints.

respectable safety results, the current safety results from the IIHS also give the new Sonata high marks. Should we expect anything different from the Azera.

better than average resale value, you pay for it up front. Secondly if you keep cars as long as me resale value is all but gone when you reach the end of the line. I seriously doubt that the Lexus will be worth over $6,500 more than the Azera 10 years from now when they both die. Not to mention the rally cry of "resale value" seems to be the battle cry of paying to much.

etc, tell me what etc is and I will address it.

I could have opted for something sportier. Point is, performance was not high on our list, and the car we ended up purchasing does an adequate job.

Good just remember that you paid more for it to do an adequate job.

If cabin room were the issue,

Seeing that I am several inches above 6 feet tall cabin room is a big issue for me. But then if you really want to pay more for getting a smaller space thats fine. Just that I wouldn't do it.

• plwilliamsplwilliams Member Posts: 96
    Can someone who has bought, or at least test driven, the Azera answer a couple of questions regarding features:

1] Audio System - MP3 capabilities: can you play MP3 CDs or is there just a connection for an external MP3 player?

2] Trip Computer: what information does it provide? for example does it give you instant and average mpg?, miles until empty?, what else?

This car has got me seriously considering jumping into a Hyundai for the first time, assuming I can work out a reasonable deal. We only have one dealer in town, but after reading of ricwhite's experiences with Utah dealerships I figure I can drive the 90 minutes to Las Vegas where I believe there are two or three dealerships.
  • lightfootfllightfootfl Member Posts: 442
    Sorry dude
    but I think I was the one that said I purchased the Sonata at $21500....not the snake. But I like all the room in my car compared to the Mercury that I also have.
    Don't be to hard on him, we both look alike. :blush:

• frazeefrazee Member Posts: 90
    1.) You can play MP3 CDs , bookmark and check file title up to 16 characters
    2.) Trip "computer" provides miles traveled, time traveled, average speed, distance to empty, average fuel (does not provide instant mpg).
    Hope that helps and also HOPE WE CAN KEEP THE DISCUSSION ON THE BOARD IMPERSONAL AND FOCUSED ON HELPING EXISTING OR PROSPECTIVE AZERA OWNERS. :P
    Apologies to snake. I simply mistook the italic fonts as normal fonts, and read it as snake's response. Again, I really do apologize, and it was mighty big of snake not jump all over the error.

I still do wish all Hyundai owners (past, present, and future), the best with their purchases. As I said, it was on my short list of vehicles to look at, and who knows, it could very well be my next car.
    Thank you frazee. Just what I was looking for and pretty much what I was hoping to hear.
    Ric, I am assuming Hyundai Finance has a standard leaseform used all over; however one thing you want to check out before signing onthe back of the form under 15. Other Terms and Conditions is the Paragraph headed:

Your Gap Liability. My version says " You are not liable for the "gap amount"

FYI Good Luck and hope it turns out well. My dealer gave me two pleasant surprises that were + when they closed the deal (rather than trying to screw me)...on was they had my car pin-striped (I had admired the job on the showroom car!) and then they informed me of free loaner for service with proper advanced notice!!
    If you have ANY questions at all, don't hesitate as down the road, when there are more owners it will be mutually beneficial as we can compare "gltiches" etc. I have participated in other ownership message boards and found them to be way ahead of the service departments in identifying early problems and bringing them to the company's attention for service bulletins. If you can afford it, the Limited package on the Ultimate is well worth the money. If you are a longer-term owner or can get the Hyundai-subsidized lease deal definitely a great value overall (about $27-$27.5 purchase and $360/month lease with about $3500 total down, all excluding taxes).
    Another feature of the car which has not been discussed much is that the rear seats fold down creating an enormous, and long, "cargo" hold especially of value for surfers or ski people!!
  • chidorochidoro Member Posts: 125
    ...those who test drove the Azera, is an appointment required to test drive one or is it possible to do so by walking in and providing your reasons it's in your comparo for a next car? The Azera is on my short list of four for my next car so I was curious if they are tight with regards to test driving their top of the line vehicle
    My apologies to Dudecat for my harsh statements. I think I may have gone a little overboard. Anyhow, it's good that you had a good experience with your lexus. I just know too many people who look down on Hyundai owners such as myself because of what I drive.

Most of my well off acquaintances do drive luxury nameplates and they scoff at other cars. When it comes time to carpool, they are the last to offer up their "highly reliable" cars and I end up driving. I don't really mind it too much, but I find it ironic how they would spend so much of their money on their cars and be so cheap when it comes to using to serve others. Anyhow, I'm just venting and going off topic. I'll stop now.

I just saw the Azera on the road and thought it looked better in person. I still think Sonata looks much better, but the Azera isn't too bad.
  • atleyatley Member Posts: 3
    I have purchased an Avalon XLS and am not happy with it. First, the paint job is so thin you can't rub against the car without scratching it. So far I have had 3 major scratches in 6 weeks. Secondly, their is a very noticeable hesitation when starting up from a stopped position. The car reeves up and after a hesitation the transmission jerks in. It's very annoying. I asked the dealer and the district rep to look at it. Both simply say it is a normal problem and their is nothing they can do to correct it. They say it is a common complaint. I would suggest that anyone looking at an Avalon look at the reliability rating by Consumer Guide(like I should have done before I purchased mine). It is rated only average. I believe it. Also they have removed the side moldings leaving the car more vulnerable that ever for dings. They also removed the two person seat memory from the XLS. I test drove the Azera. It had the side moldings and the seat memory button plus the sun screen for the rear window. AND $3,000 TO $4,000 CHEAPER. The Azera had no hesitation in the foot feed and is every bit as nice as the Avalon in every other way I can think of. Oh, yes, by the way the Azera has Michelen tires. Atley in Omaha.
    If you have ANY questions at all, don't hesitate as down the road, when there are more owners it will be mutually beneficial as we can compare "gltiches" etc. I have participated in other ownership message boards and found them to be way ahead of the service departments in identifying early problems and bringing them to the company's attention for service bulletins. If you can afford it, the Limited package on the Ultimate is well worth the money.

I was originally looking at the Base Limited since I have no desire for a sunroof. [Our last two primary vehicles have one and we NEVER used them]. However, I don't think that I would have much success in locating one and the amount that people are paying for the Ultimate pkg is low enough that it might be foolish not to get it considering the additional features included. I'm hoping to get the Limited with the Ultimate pkg for <$28,000.
  • ricwhitericwhite Member Posts: 292
    ...those who test drove the Azera, is an appointment required to test drive one or is it possible to do so by walking in and providing your reasons it's in your comparo for a next car?

No appointment necessary where I went. All three dealers in Utah that I visited encouraged me to test drive one. I only did at one. The dealer there gave me the keys and said, "Take it for as long as you want today." I could have had it for the whole day, but I only drove it for just under an hour. I doubt most Hyundai dealerships require any appointment.
    Another feature of the car which has not been discussed much is that the rear seats fold down creating an enormous, and long, "cargo" hold especially of value for surfers or ski people!!

Thanks for the tips. And about the seats folding down . . . that was an important point for me. My son and his friends snowboard quite often and we live just 25 minutes from a major ski resort (Utah). Fold-down rear seats are very helpful. One of the things that disappointed me about the Acura TL is that not only does it have a very small trunk, but it has NO fold-down rear seats. There is almost no ability to transport much cargo or long or large items. Obviously the Azera won on that point.
    Kingsalmon, thank you for the comments. This is my first car from the Toyota lineage, and only time will tell if that experience is a pleasant one, or turns out to be a dud.

I hope your ownership experience turns out to be a super one.
  • jim101jim101 Member Posts: 252
    Pretty common scenario from your 'friends' he said, are you sure. :sick:
    Seems to me your friends 'use' your friendliness to spill coffee and track in dirt and what have you all over your ride.
    Why do you let them? :confuse: :confuse:

Those who live in a 'small world' are first to bad mouth, talk down the things they know nothing about :(

If you can, try to find tape the same color as your ride, cut strips to approximate width and height of the 'H' on the hood and trunk, COVER the 'H' only in the oval, leave the top and bottom part of the oval exposed. Net, nice oval, can't see the 'H'. Another color may be required for the steering wheel, repeat above. You may consider removing the Hyundai letters from the trunk leaving the Azera and Limited.
    When your friends ask, ask them to guess, you will get many different answers, most of them wrong. When you spill the beans, they reply, NO WAY, then you show them the center in the wheels and then they really look close which gives the opportunity to talk about 'COST and STANDARD items'. It's more fun than you think.
    The Sonata has a sporty look.
    The Azera, the 'flagship' just speaks for it self and does one hell of a good job. :shades:
  • ctalkctalk Member Posts: 646
    the current safety results from the IIHS also give the new Sonata high marks. Should we expect anything different from the Azera.

Hopefully better side crash results :)
    Petrol, going back some years was $00.19 9/10ths per gal, price wars would get it below 15 cents per gal.
    Vehilces, only the big 3 available, were from $1k to $3k.
    Full coverage insurance was about $65.00 per year.

That was then, this is now, I'd rather be here than there. ;)
    cut down on the drive, get 'out the door' quotes on-line from 3 or 4 dealers
    Yes, one would hope better results for Hyundai's growing resume of impressive achievements.

Also, thank you for pointing out optimistic expectations versus actual data.

"Should we expect anything different from the Azera"

Good luck all Hyundai owners, dudecat out.
  • gene_vgene_v Member Posts: 235
    On another Edmunds forum one person was bashing the Hyundai warranty.

"The warranty is a joke (just read the fine print). A friends hyundai has cost her almost 2,000 bucks in 66 k miles, as she said "you wouldn't believe whatz not covered and how easy the warranty is voided or doesn't cover that"!" And then made a caustic remark about a certain dealer being a bunch of hacks. I won't mention their name.

Any comments?
  • 2zmax2zmax Member Posts: 140
    He is probably frustrated and envious Ford Dealer ;)
    Its hard to comment on without the facts. What work was done? Did anything happen to void the warranty? Was the car in an accident? Abused?

Gene V,

Tell us more, give us details on what cost $2K in 66k miles?
    What isn't covered and what would void the warranty?

It may be the 'dealer' bilked your friend, seems some dealers pray on women :sick: as easy marks for repairs that aren't needed and provide double talk on warranty issues. If you pay, the dealer makes money, then the dealer bills HMC for warranty work, sadly it's been done for years.

So, for thew rest of us in this forum, please provide details, don't name the dealer, but please name the town.

Thank you
    He will not be able to tell us. The post he is referring to gives no information and is second hand information (at best).

The dealer is in Ann Arbor Michigan.
    And yes there were no other facts.
    There has been some serious bashing of Hyundai on the other Forum. I have been defending Hyundai(Azera) when they get too far out. It seems they are very biased. They need to drive the Azera.
    Someone else made a rebutal as follows:

"You may be right - or wrong - as for me, it is far too early to tell. All I can say is that the dealer is excellent, both in the sales and service departments, and they are very pro-customer, as is Hyundai. I've received more post-sale contact from the dealer and Hyundai, than I ever did with any other new car purchase. They want to ensure that I'm satisfied with the purchase and car.

I've read the fine print in the warranty, and it's no different than most warranties. They expect you to adhere to the maintenance schedules, but they allow you to perform normal routine maintenance yourself, as long as you provide receipts for parts, supplies, etc. There is an extensive section in the Owner's Manual on "Do-It-Yourself" maintenance. And, their website allows registerd owners full access to all corporate TSB's, shop, parts, and technical manuals. You can even place an online order through Hyundai's website for any part or accessory for delivery to your local dealer.

Actually, I find their warranty written in plain English and very easy to understand, plus they are very specific at what they cover and don't cover."
  • tenpin288tenpin288 Member Posts: 804
    I find their warranty written in plain English and very easy to understand, plus they are very specific at what they cover and don't cover."

They even put it up on their web page in an easy to find area, unlike some other manufacturer's that make you dig through a maze of pages and clicks.

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/global/warranty/warranty.aspx
  • w9cww9cw Member Posts: 888
    The words that "gene_v" reposted in Post #1302 are mine. I was rebuking an earlier negative comment directed toward Hyundai on the Ford Five Hundred/Mercury Montego Forum.

My wife and I actually were serious about a Ford Five Hundred SEL last summer, until we drove one, and had to deal with the super aggressive sales staff at the local dealer. More importantly, they never stocked any units with Ford's Safety Package, i.e. side-curtain airbags.

We then shifted our focus (no pun intended) to a 2006 Sonata GLS or LX. But, due to our need for a new car, and my somewhat uncertain long-term job status, we decided that financing was not fiscally smart at the moment, and chose to pay cash for a new 2006 Elantra instead. We're not sorry we did. In some ways, we actually like the Elantra better than the Sonata.

We've been treated extremely well by the selling dealer (in Downers Grove, IL), and the servicing dealer (in Champaign, IL). My experience with the product, and support (little needed so far) is excellent.

It's my opinion that Hyundai is mirroring the growth, and quality improvements, that I obsevered in past decades with the Japanese marques. This, along with my satisfaction with the purchase of the Elantra, is why I support Hyundai in other forums when I have the time and opporunity.

I have over 40 years experience in buying new cars (Domestic, European, Japanese, and now Korean), and I have an excellent "eye" for build-quality, as I used to be a mechanic on European cars. The overall "apparent" build-quality of this Elantra GLS is equal to, or in some cases, better than any of the Honda's or Toyota's we looked at prior to making the purchase. Only time will tell on the Elantra's long-term reliability, but I really have good feelings about this car.

If I had the funds, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase an Azera.

Don
    Picked up my Azera today. Murdock Hyundai in Orem, Utah was very good. In and out in about two hours with the lease deal. They offered me the Azera Limited Ultimate for $500 above invoice price and implemented the "lease deal" without a hitch.

Service department detailed the car and programmed the "EZ out" and the "auto lock". The only problem they had as setting the "pass numbers" for the "Limp Home Mode." The technician apologized that he didn't have the updated firmware on his device to do it. He said he would get it done free of charge on my next visit.

I also still need to get the windows tinted.

The car is nice. Rides well. I'll post more observations and photos later. I'm late for work. Ask any questions. I'll be happy to answer any.

Ric, Congratulations!! Your tenacity paid off. There is no doubt that message boards like this, as well as the internet in general, will lead to the demise of the scummy dealers you had to encounter before finding a straight-shooter!!
  • grandaddygrandaddy Member Posts: 66
    Ric, be sure to drive by the other dealers that you visited and honk and wave to them. Ask them how much money they have made on the ones still sitting on their lots!!
    Congrats. That is one sharp looking car! We saw a few at the Auto show in Pittsburgh in mid-February and we were very impressed. My wife really liked the Aubergine(?) color although I wish it came with a darker interior. Another year or so for her 04 Sonata and then maybe an Azera. Enjoy! ;)
    Yes...you cannot get the black interior with the Aubergine or Beige exterior...but you might stumble on a light grey interior with the Aubergine exterior. We wound up with the Venetian Blue exterior and beige interior (although would have preferred the light grey...but dealer only had a handful of the Limited with Ultra package, so chose from amongst what he had.) If you will have your car parked outside a lot in a warm/hot area, you may want to reconsider the dark interior which really absorbs heat (and takes much longer to cool down) versus the beige....which tends to not absorb as much heat. Given my druthers, I would love a white interior (which they don't offer)....but in an area with lots of snow/slush, that would be a major problem....The only problem with the beige is that we do get a reflection off of the lower part of the windshield when it is bright out (which may be why other makes tend to give you a darker dashpad even when you get a lighter color interior!!)
    Congrats on your new acquisition. The interior looks better than I thought...
    Peace,
    -dan
    I know what you mean about the dark interior, but my wife's current ride, an 04 Sonata, is powder white pearl with a black interior (which was never listed as an available combo but we found one!). She likes the black leather interior. Maybe when we are ready, the Azera will have the interior she wants. ;)
  • finfin Member Posts: 594
    Same color combo as one here in Atlanta.. Very nice. Congratulations.....
  • tinydog1tinydog1 Member Posts: 83
    I am happy to say my Azera just reached 3 months (2,300mi) of service and the car is still performing flawlessly. No problems have arizen and no rattles or squeaks anywhere. I truly enjoy driving it and have recieved many complements. I hope I recieve a JD Power initial quality survey so I can rate this vehicle excellent. I hope every new owner is enjoying their ride as much as I am. Will keep you posted.
  • blackrussianblackrussian Member Posts: 29
    I took this from the Edmunds Hyundai XG350 messge board, your right, thier warranty is very misleading and the extended warranty has a lot to be desired also.

You are here: Forums Sedans Hyundai XG300/XG350

Hyundai XG300/XG350

1912 messages, Last post on Mar 07, 2006 at 10:36 PM

Created by sysop in the Sedans Message Board.
    Your Host is pat

What is this discussion about? Hyundai XG300, Hyundai XG350, Sedan, Opinion, Performance Mods, Car Photos, Car Reviews

Get a price quote on a Hyundai XG300 Consumer Rating 8.1 53 Reviews

Get a price quote on a Hyundai XG350 Consumer Rating 9.0 82 Reviews

Messages Outline

Messages Page 190 of 192 Go To Msg # Search This Discussion
    1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 Recent Msgs

#1883 of 1912 Re: Request 2005 XG350L help [tinydog1] by whitetop Jan 21, 2006 (9:10 am)
    Reply | E-mail Msg
    Replying to: tinydog1 (Jan 15, 2006 10:47 pm)

I agree completely. I have already decided if it happens again I will contact customer service. It's a waste of my time to keep taking it back for them to tell me they can't duplicate the problem. I was wondering if anyone who'd had the wheel speed sensors replaced has seen an end to their problems.
    #1884 of 1912 Re: 2005 XG350L So Far Satisfied [averigejoe] by whitetop Jan 21, 2006 (9:19 am)
    Reply | E-mail Msg
    Replying to: averigejoe (Jan 19, 2006 8:32 pm)

I think virtually everything about the interior is comfortable, especially on longer trips. This is also my first car with heated seats, and they sure do make a difference. I really like the memory system, but I wish it also included the steering and rear-view mirror, as well.

I think my auto headlights don't come on soon enough. I frequently have to turn mine on manually at dusk because I'll be the only car driving without lights on. I wonder if there's a way to make them a little more sensitive?

My 350L is Celadon Green, which I think must be one of the rarest colors. I get a lot of comments about it, and while I like all of the colors, it was definitely my favorite.

Thanks, everyone for writing.
    #1885 of 1912 If There Was a 2006 XG350L by kent Feb 01, 2006 (5:42 am)
    Reply | E-mail Msg
    If there could have been a 2006 version of XG350L here are some things that would have been nice even if there was no cosmetic changes:

* Have a gas cap that holder that prevents the dangling of the gas cap when filling the gas tank.
    * Have gas pressurized struts on the trunk hinges rather than the goose neck luggage crushing hinges.
    * Auto-lights that don't come on whenever passing through shadows, under overpasses, etc. Auto-lights should come on whenever the wipers are turned-on except when using the mist/wash.
    * Have all doors to auto-lock whenever putting car in-gear.
    * Have telescopic steering wheel w/ memory.
    * Have Cruise Controls on steering wheel to illuminate.
    * Have ambient (outside temp) to display constantly rather than having to push the button to display.
    * Offer heated rear seats.
    * Somehow have more creative storage bins.
    * Have auto-wipers (rain sensitive) as a standard.
    * It would be great to have windows that could auto-dim like the Electrochromatic rear-view mirror. Especially for the front windshield.
    * Naturally, a much more fuel efficient motor with greater horsepower.
    * Have the new type of clothes-hook built in to the rear-seat grip handles as seen in the new Sonata/Azera.

These are just a few things.... please feel free to add to the wish list. It's a dead hoarse but it does show Hyundai how to better serve the consumer.
    Replies to this message:
    &#149; averigejoe (Feb 03, 2006 3:42 pm)
    &#149; kent (Feb 03, 2006 5:28 pm)
    &#149; averigejoe (Feb 04, 2006 2:37 pm) and 2 more...

#1886 of 1912 Re: 2004 XG350 WATER LEAK [thebman] by capttv01 Feb 03, 2006 (8:07 am)
    Reply | E-mail Msg
    Replying to: thebman (Jan 07, 2006 1:09 pm)

I had the car in to the dealer this week to get the leak repaired. It was diagnosed as needing a "body seam resealed" which the dealer sublet and had done after getting my okay. To my surprise, this item was NOT covered by warranty and I'm on the hook for $271, including tax. I spoke to the service manager and Hyundai customer service and the position of Hyundai America is that this falls under:

"adjustments required as a result of a manufacturing deficiency are covered for the first year or 12K miles."

Thereafter this is considered owner maintenance responsibility. Since I've had the car 2 years with 18K miles, I'm stuck paying. Seems like a "cute" way for them to weasel out of a lot of things you would think are under the 5 year bumper to bumper warranty. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this ? Thanks
    Replies to this message:
    &#149; blackrussian (Feb 03, 2006 3:16 pm)
    &#149; averigejoe (Feb 03, 2006 3:38 pm)
    Ric, you the man, good lookin ride for sure :shades: , you can tuck the label on the glove box in or remove if you choose.

Here's a resolve to auto headlight on if you think your's does not turn on soon enough.
    Usually behind the rearview mirror is the light sensor that reguisters the amount of darkness and turns on the headlights (similar to outside house lights). If you have your windows tinted or stop by a tinting shop ask them for a small sample of the window tint. A 1/2" square is way more than you need.
    Once you find the sensor you can cut a piece of the tint to cover the sensor. The piece i installed fit nice and holds itself inplace. If thats a problem cut a thin strip of magic mend tape to hold it in place. This should cure the problem.