Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 450h Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• leatherneck10leatherneck10 Member Posts: 1
    Can you email me the dealers that met your $45,2xx price and any contact names. Thanks.

Leatherneck
    tx2818@yahoo.com
  • mdpomdpo Member Posts: 2
    Same here I am in the market for RX450h, if anyone can email me the $45,4XX price and contact details of any person here in souther california it would be very much appreciated.

trooper_889@yahoo.com

thank you
  • gator2000gator2000 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for 2010 RX450H and one of the dealer has quoted the price of 46,300 with FWD, Premium, Comfort, Navigation, parking assist, Alloy wheels etc with options totalling to $8,300. The MSRP is $51900. The only problem is that the vehicle has 700 miles on it driven by owner's wife....at least that is what I am being told...Is this a good deal ? is this even a new car ?
  • carfan777carfan777 Member Posts: 4
    After months and months and months of shopping for a new SUV, I finally bought the RX450h. I looked at every SUV on the market. And I do mean every single one. Some we drove three, four and five times over. To the point where I had to go to different dealerships for the same car because I was embarrassed with how many test drives I took. That doesn't include the countless magazine articles, blogs, owners I spoke with, etc. I could spend pages talking about all the ones I considered (and I have the stacks of papers to prove it!), but in a nutshell here's the reasons I went with the RX and didn't go with the competition:

1. 450h = Lexus reliability (we hate spending time at the shop, causing one or both of us to miss work and such a hassle to rearrange schedules), really liked the new exterior design, interior layout was very nice, rich leather, ample space, velvety ride, ultra quiet, expecially the hybrid version along with 30 mpg gas mileage, remote touch navigation is better than the others I tried, and just an overall upscale feel inside and out. It would have been nice to have a 3rd row option to use in a pinch and ports shouldn't be so hard to get to in the arm rest, but otherwise this car fit the bill in every way. IMO, it's perfect for a family who needs an all-purpose luxury car to commute to work, run daily errands, take the kids to school, take the family on a 1,000-mile road trip for the weekend, and then show up to a black-tie dinner.

2. Acura MDX/RDX - great reliability. However, while the handling was a touch better than the RX, the ride is not nearly as refined, there's more noticeable road noise, and the transmission is not as smooth. I didn't like the "bagel slicer" front grill and the controls were a bit too busy looking. This was tied as our 3rd place car.

3. Audi Q series - really nice handling, but that's about where it ended. Reliability was a major issue for us, and although Audi's record in that department has improved somewhat over the past few years, it's not reached Lexus reliability. Interior was not quite to the level of the Lexus. This was tied for our 2nd place car.

4. BMW X series = on par with Audi in terms of handling, but road noise was pretty loud and interior was not even close to the other brands. Ride was on the harsh side. 3rd row option was nice though. Reliability is better than Audi and MB, but still not a Lexus or Acura. We liked the exterior design, but overall, it was never really in the running.

5. Cadillac Escalade/SRX - we test drove the Escalade once, and once was enough to know it wasn't what we wanted. Way too big, bulky, and pretty gaudy all around. The SRX was better, but we weren't at all impressed with the quality of the interior, the fit and finish, or the ride comfort. The exterior was a bit edgy as compared to the others, and we liked it.

6. Infiniti Fx/Qx - As with the escalade, the Qx was just too bulky for us, but it drove a lot smaller than the Caddy. As for the Fx, the design didn't really do anything for us, although we liked the interior and the ride quality. This was tied for our 3rd place with the Acura.

7. Land Rover - different, but that was about it. Reliability? 'nuff said.

8. Mercedes GL and GLK -- We really liked both of these. Alot. The GL's exterior is really striking, has an aggressive stance, although the interior could be nicer. Navigation needs to be improved big time. The M B Tex a.k.a. pleather, also was a turn off at this price point. But, unlike the other larger SUVs, this one drove really small for its size. This was our 2nd place car, and we probably would have bought it but for reliability history for the GL (not good, to say the least), and the poor gas mileage. If both of these improve in the next five years, we're getting this car. As for the GLK, if we went with MB, we would have gotten the GL over the GLK.

9. Porsche Cayenne -- test drove it once, was not impressed with the ride quality, then came back again in a month and confirmed it was not for us. Bouncy ride (better not put any hot coffee in those cup holders), jerky accelleration, just overall not a comfortable ride. I couldn't imaging taking it on a road trip of any significant duration.

10. Volvo XC series - a few years ago these would be high on my list. Since then, every other car on my list has equaled Volvo in the one category that Volvo used to be the leader in - safety. Who feels unsafe in any of the cars above? Once you get past the safety advantage, there wasn't much the XCs offered that wasn't surpassed by the other cars. Plus, the reliability has dropped off over the last few years.

11. Other cars never in the running -- Hummer, Lincoln, Hyundai.
  • vishgvishg Member Posts: 1
    Can u pl give some names and the dealer? Thanks
    Vish
  • donahujdonahuj Member Posts: 2
    I was able to pick up a '10 RX 450h for $44,527. List price was $51,957 and invoice was $47,262. This seems to be the optimal time to buy if you want to pick your color combo, etc- there are about 90 '10 450h's left in California at this point (apparently normal inventory is around 300 for CA), since the '11's have started to come into the dealerships. I found that different Northern California dealerships were willing to do different prices. Almost everyone was able to do $1,500 under invoice. Most dealerships were willing to do $2,000 under invoice, or $45,262 at this point. One dealership was willing to do $2,500 below invoice (Stevens Creek Lexus). The fleet / Internet manager, Joe, was a great guy and spent a lot of time with me. I would recommend working with Stevens Creek Lexus if you're in the Bay Area- they are the 3rd largest Lexus dealer in CA and Joe was very professional / helpful / friendly. The price he was willing to sell to me was $2,500 below invoice but the car had some add-on's such as paint chip sealant and a cargo net so the price was about $500 higher than the base model. I didn't end up buying from him because they didn't have the color combo I was looking for at this point. He will dealer trade to find the right car but the color combo I was looking for- sapphire black with black interior- was not available in Northern Cal for trade. Ultimately I called around and found the car both at Sacramento Lexus and Concord Lexus. Sacramento Lexus was only willing to do $1,500 below invoice so I passed on that. Concord actually offered me the best price at about $2,700 below invoice, and they have the color combo we wanted. The General Manager is Ben Gullo and he was extremely friendly / professional. Our salesman was Chris and he was also exceptionally good- they got us in and out quickly and Chris was enthusiastic and very knowledgeable- a great experience overall. If you want a '10, I recommend you go now unless you're not at all particular about the configuration of the vehicle you end up with- I was told by several dealers that they expect the inventory to be largely depleted by the end of Oct. Oh, by the way, Joe at Stevens Creek mentioned that they will offer $2,500 over invoice on the '11's now- I guess that would be somewhere in the $48,900 range. Good luck to you all.
  • mdpomdpo Member Posts: 2
    Got my RX450h for $48,500OTD with the color combination I wanted. Would have gotten it lesser however it is not the color combination that I want.

Thank you very much for this forum and everyone that contributed and gave me an idea of price range.

This is one of the dealership in SOCAL.
  • nunubuttnunubutt Member Posts: 1
    Is that OTD pricing including taxes, licenses, and fees? Sounds like a great deal if it does. If it doesn't though, it seems pretty standard for low 50k's OTD in so cal.
  • jh87jh87 Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for the info provided here. I am able to pick up a 2010 Rx450h, with $3000 off invoice.
  • bocastephenbocastephen Member Posts: 35
    3000 off msrp or dealer invoice? what was your final price (and equipped options) and the dealer name/city?
  • jh87jh87 Member Posts: 14
    MSRP $53985, invoice $ 48669, sold price $45669. Options are really not important. I always negotiate directly how much above or below invoice first. I did that with my 2010 Mercedes GL450 too, check my other posts. By the way, the dealer is longo Lexus in southern California. They have two more 2010 Rx450h left.
  • mkliaomkliao Member Posts: 1
    wow that's a great price! Is $45669 OTD including tax/license?
  • sbctsbct Member Posts: 1
    From CT drove to MA Herb Chambers. Got a good deal I think on 2010 RX450h with nav, comfort pkg, premium pkg, xenon lights with afs, cargo pkg, tow prep pkg and more...
    Got $9160 below sticker price. The drive was worth it I guess. $44500 + tax.
  • 99234769923476 Member Posts: 5
    Hi folks -

We are torn between two cars - an Acura MDX with Tech and Nav or the RX450H. I am trying to see if we are at our best price or do I still have room get a better price. It's looking like we can get either vehicle for the same price - except the MDX will be a 2011 and the RX450H will be a 2010

We are looking at the RX450H with a 3 year, 35 month lease - 12k a year. Premium, Comfort, Navigation, parking assist.

The only money due at signing will be the 1st month's payment of $600. The monthly rate is $600 total - including taxes in Los Angeles.

Your thoughts? any more room to get a better deal?

Thanks for your help
  • 99234769923476 Member Posts: 5
    Just thought I would post a number for those searching for a price on the RX 450h..I just purchased one in SoCal the last day of Nov....Had to wait until that day to get dealer to sell it to me at the price I wanted....I went to 5 other dealerships and ended up with this one.

2010 450H with Comfort and Premium packages, nav, and parking assist and chrome rims. Lease/Sell price was 43,500. Payment is $630 including tax, lic, and all fees...The only out of pocket was $300.00, for 3 years, 12k a year.

Hope it helps someone and I hope I did well
  • zoranzoran Member Posts: 69
    Any info on2011 leases?
  • dmbfloridadmbflorida Member Posts: 38
    I bought a 2008, new, hybrid Mazda Tribute fully loaded SUV for my grand-daughter. We have two Lexus 400h 2006 cars and I used to own a 2004 Prius. The hybrid Mazda is the same as the Escape hybrid but the interior in the Mazda is superior to the Escape and the Mariner. I bought the Mazda in California in a limited inventory program in 2008. I agree with some of the comments about the A/C and other functions in the Mazda Tribute (Escape)...it is a cheaper car than the Lexus but this price reflects some lower quality features.
    I dearly loved my Prius but changed to the Lexus 400h because the Lexus is significantly more comfortable, roomier, and safer. To me, it is worth the extra money.
  • djeungdjeung Member Posts: 1
    I'm considering a purchase of a 2006 rx400h with all the bells and whistles (nav, rear DVD, backup camera, etc...) it has 83,000 miles and the dealer is asking $22,000 for it.

Since I'm unfamiliar with this particular model, let alone a hybrid, I'm hoping members can share their opinions of value and pricing. Also, what sorts of major expenses can I expect in the next few years, assuming an annual mileage of 20,000?

I've looked on other sites to find out what the service intervals are, but wasn't able to see any major service needs. Have there been any TSBs that I should be aware of?
  • lagvoidlagvoid Member Posts: 7
    Wow, that's an amazing price!

Question: Is it possible to obtain similar deals on models the dealer has to order? I assume you got such a great deal because it was in their existing inventory. I wouldn't mind paying a little bit more if I got exactly what I wanted through ordering my specific vehicle.
  • dmbfloridadmbflorida Member Posts: 38
    sometimes, prices can be negotiated lower at the end of a monthly cycle in inventory.
    some of my relatives have used carmax for other cars...perhaps the Lexus could be lower this way? I use State Farm ins.... for cars and other coverages....my Lexus 2006 400h ins just went up compared to a Mazda 2008 hybrid Tribute.
  • rouletteroulette Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at getting a used Lexus Rx 400h, '06 - '08. There are couple of '08s (one purchased in 2009) that are priced well in my budget ~27K, but have done close to 75,000 miles (in 2-3 years). I wanted to find out peoples opinion on whether its better to get an older model with lower miles (<50000) or newer model with higher mileage for this car.

My concern is the capacity of NiMH hybrid battery to hold charge (and be effective) in the long run.
  • rouletteroulette Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at getting a used Lexus Rx 400h, '06 - '08. There are couple of '08s (one purchased in 2009) that are priced well in my budget ~27K, but have done close to 75,000 miles (in 2-3 years). I wanted to find out peoples opinion on whether its better to get an older model with lower miles (<50000) or newer model with higher mileage for this car.

My concern is the capacity of NiMH hybrid battery to hold charge (and be effective) in the long run. Is there any information available on miles or age of a car that affects the battery life?

Thanks
  • 2thfxr2thfxr Member Posts: 1
    I read from some auto writer (Popular Mechanics I think) that the batteries should last somewhere around 120k to 150k. They are warrated for 100k. THe cost is $3000 minus what you can get for recycling the old battery.
  • suzie13suzie13 Member Posts: 2
    I was just quoted 55,700 for this with the following options....seems a little above invoice...thoughts?

Dual DVD Rear Seat Entertainment
    HDD Navigation System
    NavTraffic&#153;
    Lexus Enform®
    Leather-trimmed interior
    Lexus Memory System
    Power moonroof
    USB audio input
    Rear-armrest storage compartment with cover
    Power rear door
    Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors
    Heated and ventilated front seats
    Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle
    High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with Adaptive Front
    Lighting System and dynamic auto leveling
    Intuitive Parking Assist
    Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
    Roof rack - cross bars
    Remote engine starter
    Carpet cargo mat
    Cargo net - envelope
  • joecoppojoecoppo Member Posts: 11
    This is the deal I got on the following car:

RX450h AWD

Luxury Package
    Comfort Package
    Heads up display
    LED headlamps
    Mark Levinson sound system
    Navigation
    Park Assist
    19'' Chromed wheels

MSRP of $64,000, selling price of $54,000.

Is it a good deal?
    Thanks,
  • suzie13suzie13 Member Posts: 2
    I think so! The heads up display is an expensive add on!
  • asteinbergasteinberg Member Posts: 138
    My wife could not breathe in new Lexus 450H; cabin integrity compromised; toxic fumes after long drive, followed by going uphill steeply. My son also affected. Problem continued for weeks. Dealer charged us $5000 to return car after 1 month. Dealer would not test car under similar driving circumstances. Not sure about toxic substance or it related to car-build following nuclear accident in Japan. Lexus Corp was very pleasant but refused even to take care of the $5000. Now, I'll have to pursue it in governmental jurisdictions and in litigation. If you have any similar problems, please let me know.
  • mofitmofit Member Posts: 3
    What dealer gave you such a deal?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A news reporter would like to talk with hybrid car owners in Northern California. If you fit the description, please contact pr@edmunds.com by Wednesday, April 25, 2012.
  • abforumsabforums Member Posts: 5
    I am quoted $48k + TTL (MSRP 53.1k) for a new 2012 RX450h.
    Is this a good price?
  • mikenitemikenite Member Posts: 3
    that seems like a good price - about 9.6% off MSRP.

What options did you include?

What is the dealership, city, state?

I'm trying to decide between RX 450h and RX 350 - have opportunity to get a certified 2011 450h at about the price as new 2013 RX 350
    edited June 2012
    Thanks! I might take the plunge.
    I can PM you the details on dealership etc. if you'd like (this is in FL).
    Typically 450h seems to be about 6+k higher than non-hybrid (and about 20HP more power).
    2013s are nice though - plus 2013 RX350 takes regular gas (hybrids need premium) - saves you nealy 30c per gallon.
    How many miles on the CPO 2011? (as you probably know already, CPO warranty goes 3 years from purchase date or up to 100k)
    Also brings up the topic of 450h vs 350.
    I wonder at the time of re-sale (arpprox 4yrs / 60k miles) if 450h will hold any part of the premium I pay today over the non-hybrid 350?
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A journalist would like to speak to someone who considered buying a plug-in hybrid, but ultimately decided against it. If you were recently in the market for a new car, considered buying a plug-in hybrid like the Nissan Leaf or the Chevy Volt, but decided to buy a conventional hybrid (e.g. Prius, Civic Hybrid, Malibu Hybrid, etc.) or traditional power train, please send your daytime contact information including telephone number to pr@edmunds.com no later than Monday, July 9, 2012 at 10 a.m. Pacific/1 p.m. Eastern.
  • luckyj1luckyj1 Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted 54,000 OTD (incl tax & lic) for the car with Navigation and Premium packages...
  • ua777captainua777captain Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Maybe. Depends how much TTL & Reg is in your area. This week, Costco's pricing on 2012 RX450h's was Invoice minus $1,500, so I saw a number of AWD's in the low - mid $49 K range (+TTL etc). That brings the OTD cost to the mid 53K range.

Eventually, I plumbed for a 2013 RX450h 4X2 w/ nav, premium pkgs etc and paid $50,975 + TTL + Reg for a OTD price of $54,210 (The MSRP of the car was $54,880). I also added a 7 yr/75K plat service agreement for $2,120 and got 63 months Lexus financing at 2.9%. Remember, this is for a 2013 4X2 vs. a 2012 4X4 so it's somewhat an apples and oranges comparison.

Good luck!
  • vanzevanze Member Posts: 2
    Looking for dealer to offer best price on 2013 Lexus 450h in the Milwaukee or greater Chicago area. I live west of Milwaukee..northern IL would be easier for me to get to

Vanze
  • vanzevanze Member Posts: 2
    I'd like to buy a 2013 RX 450h with Nav and Premium packages (not luxury package)
    What's a good price?
    Can I get a good price using Consumer Reports buying service?
    If not who?
    Are there better deals for AARP or AAA members?

Vanze
  • texamau1texamau1 Member Posts: 42
    Hi just got a quote from a Dealer in central NJ for 2013 RX 450H with Nav, Premium pkg, comfort pkg for 53907. MSRP of 56415. Is that a good deal?

Thanks
  • guruunoguruuno Member Posts: 23
    Have a 2011 450h, will be 24 months in a 3 weeks. Was curious if used car market is still super hot, and if dealers will take 1 year early before end of lease to get new 2013? 2011 right at 24k miles, flawless, perfect, just want to see if any deals can be had.

Previous deal was: 15k miles per year, $3k down plus inception fees of $1895.50, $599/mo., MF of 000.17, Base Cap Cost of $46,900

Looking for same deal or better. Can it be had or am I not living in a reality world?
    Want to make sure I understand this correctly: Costco pricing was $1500 under Invoice?

This is for a Lexus RX 450h - 2012, not 2013 ? (You indicated you bought a 2013 and nearly $4k off MSRP is below invoice)

Where is this? (City, State)

Also, how do you like your hybrid? What kind of gas mileage are you getting?
    You get a great deal on the price of the car, then you go to sign papers and they tell you about additional services you can purchase

Are any of these worth it?

First, of course, is the extended warranty. Extend the 4 year factory warranty to 8 years/75k miles for $2500. About $600 per year - $50 per month. They tell how complicated the cars are now and how expensive one single repair would cost after the factory warranty expires.

How about the Zurich Shield - protects the exterior finish as well as interior leather, mats, etc. $960. Supposedly if you get food stains that can't come out in your mats, they'll replace them. Leather cracks or gets stained, they'd fix them. Bird crap damages clear coat - they'd fix them. Good for 7 years.

What about the Paintless dent repair? Parking lot dents - repaired. But only dents that don't require a body shop to fix. They use DentPro who fix dents that don't require repainting. I've used them before - pretty good work. Costs me $100. This is good for 5 years and costs $290.

Anyone have experience in how good these are ? Are they worth it?

Thanks for your answers!
  • guruunoguruuno Member Posts: 23
    I'm still interested if my questions can be answered, as the "December to Remember" event is soon to be (if not already), and I'd like to know so I can go (to the dealer)!!
  • doctorjay2doctorjay2 Member Posts: 1
    I just got a new RX hybrid - and it was a nice experience. paid about $5k off sticker. maybe its just austin, but a really good experience.
  • richieallenrichieallen Member Posts: 1
    --I am in the market for a used 2010 RX-450H in the Pensylvania tri-state area. I am seeking any info from those of you who may have been doing the same thing at one point. I'd like to know which dealers may have given you the best deal and which dealers to stay away from, if any. Currently, I see cars with 40,000 plus miles for around 38. If 30,000 miles, around 40,41. What do you folks think and do you have any suggestions that may be helpful. THANK YOU.
  • andy1993andy1993 Member Posts: 26
    bought rx450h, mrsp 55600, with nav, premium, comfort, 19" wheels, adaptive headlights, xenon, etc at invoince of 52416. i traded in f150 2011, king ranch, 18000 miles, mrsp 51k then for $33, 000. I would not have got 33k for f150. this was at lexus of south atlanta, excellent sales staff, ask for parker. hope this helps others.
  • bmw9312bmw9312 Member Posts: 4
    Just picked up a 2013 RX450H AWD. Sticker was $57,910 and included the following options: Sport Appearance, Comfort, Prem. Audio, Xenon Headlamps, Navigation, Parking Assist, Premium Pkg, Towing Prep Pkg, Wood/Leather trimmed steering wheel & shift knob, Cargo Net/Cargo Mat/Key Gloves.

Before TTL, I paid $51,609.

Thanks,

Josh
  • bmw9312bmw9312 Member Posts: 4
    Nice job! Just picked up one myself!
  • lolapeachlolapeach Member Posts: 1
    I'm going to be visiting dealerships for a CPO 2010 RX450h (2WD, leather seats, and under 40k mi) within the next month, and would like to know what I can expect to pay.
  • crossacidcrossacid Member Posts: 1
    I am going to get a new 2013 RX450h. I would like to know what people used to pay for and any suggestion to find a cheaper or reasonable price for this vehicle. I am living around New York City. Thanks.