Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Infiniti M37 M56 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi everyone,

Great info on this forum. I am looking into leasing a 2010 M given great FD incetives, but I have a question for leasing experts. I am currently in a lease on a 2008 G37 which I would like to trade in for a new lease. My pay off amount shows $28,213.57 in the infiniti financial website. The trade in value according to KBB is $28,050. Do you think it would be possible for me to come out even on a trade and still get a good deal on the M lease? Any strategy/advise would be greatly appreciated.
  • Thank you for any help in advance:

I am coming out of a 2008 M35x lease next month. I understand that there is an additional $2000 "Lease Loyalty Money" if I re-lease with Infiniti. If I decide to purchase a new 2010 Infiniti, does that $2000 also apply to a purchase rather than a lease transaction?
  • gericogerico Posts: 24
    I don't think you can use the Lease Loyalty if you purchase.
    I just leased an M35 with Tech Pkg.
    Used VPP to get invoice pricing less 3.58%
    Plus my $2,000 Lease Loyalty Money
    And $2,500 in Dealer Discounts
    39 Month Lease with 15k/year
    Rolled the upfront fees into the lease, they were $1,371
    Payment with 0 down came out to $500
    All I paid at delivery was the first months payment.
    Buyout at the end of the lease is $23,556
    I think you're better off to lease first and buy later.
    If I bought the car with 0 down the payment would have been $627 for 6 years
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Posts: 775
    No changes this month.

10 M35: $2500 w/ lease plus $2000 Lease Loyalty Rebate (if you own an Infiniti)
    10 M45: $2000 w/ lease plus $2000 Lease Loyalty Rebate (if you own an Infiniti)

11 M37: 55% for 39 month 15k
    11 M56: 53% for 39 month 15k

Hope this helps. :)

PS In Texas, Sales Tax Credits on 2010 models
  • e325rkhe325rkh Posts: 65
    I received the following for a 2010 M35x with tech:

39 months / 12K miles
    48% residual
    0.00063 Money factor

Is this correct?
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 970
    It may be hard not to lease a 2011 M when my lease expires on my 2008....even though I'm tired of the car.
  • Are there MF and residual numbers for the 2011 M37x yet? Is there loyalty money?
    48% is correct....money factor depends on credit....
    Yes, 39 month/15k = 55%

Yes, $1000 Lease Loyalty
  • CarMan@Edmunds[email protected] Posts: 38,515
    edited March 2010
    No problem. Infiniti Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 M37 Sedan 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00188 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@Edmunds[email protected] Posts: 38,515
    edited March 2010
    Hi rjdoc74. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market (I suspect that the KBB trade-in value that you saw is a little optimistic).

Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle, consumers usually are.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello bookman05. Unfortunately, the next poster is correct. The $2,000 loyalty cash offer is only available on IFS leases. Don't feel too bad though because Infiniti is providing a whopping total of $7,000 dealer cash on purchases of this car in March. That's a lot better than the $2,000 on leases ($4,000 with the loyalty).

Car_man
    Host
  • klappumsklappums Posts: 2
    My '08 G35X lease is up this month. Thinking of getting a deal on a leftover '10 M35X w/Nav. What is the best price I should expect to get with $0 down (NY Taxes).
  • gericogerico Posts: 24
    You should be able to buy it for $39,313.42

Here's how I'm coming up with that price:
    MSRP with Tech Pkg and Dest Chg - $52,165
    Invoice - $48,033
    Cash to Dealer - $7,000
    VPP Discount - $1,719.58
    Net after discounts - $39,313.42
    Total off of MSRP - $12,851.58

The VPP discount is only good thru the end of this month.
    It gives you invoice pricing less 3.58%
    Dealer still makes 5% plus any holdbacks
  • klappumsklappums Posts: 2
    Thanks, what do you think a 39 mo. 10k mile lease should cost.
  • hellye1hellye1 Posts: 22
    So what would a lease deal be if
    MSRP is $54,000(with options) and 12,000 miles per year are .00188 money factor and 58% residual?
    First...no one knows what the rates will be in April....

You don't specify how long a lease you want....I'll assume 36 mos.

You don't give a negotiated purchase price so I'll just assume you pay invoice.

You'll pay about $673 per month plus tax. If you negotiate the price down due to loyalty (you don't say this either) or any marketing money available in April (we don't know that either), then your monthly cost will, of course, go down.

You could lower this monthly cost to $608 per month if you loan Infiniti approx $5000 for the length of your lease. That's called multiple security deposits...and you get it back at the end of your lease. Search thru this forum for explanations. I'm going to bet that if you have $5000 sitting in the bank that you could loan infiniti, that you couldn't make $2340 on that money over the next 36 months yourself...and that's what you'll save by loaning them the money. It is NOT a down payment!!!!! it is a security deposit.
  • Does anyone have information for money factor and residual value on a 24-month, 12,000-mile M56 lease? Does this differ if one is using the VPP program? Will your numbers carry over into April?

BTW, just test-drove an M56 in SoCal over the weekend and it was as good as advertised! Didn't include the Deluxe Touring Package or Technology Package, though, so I can't speak to how much more comfortable and enjoyable those might make the car. Didn't have Sport Package either.

BTW, invoice on an M56 w/Premium, Touring, Technology, splash guards, illuminated kick plates, black grille, cargo mat/net, and destination charge is $60,751 (MSRP of $66,345).
  • Responding to @gerico:

According to www.insidenissan.com, the 3.58% employee pricing is not applicable to the 2011 M, unfortunately. But at least one dealership locally is accepting VPP on both the M37 and M56 at 1.65% below invoice.
  • Hi blastphemy. Infiniti's lease program is the exactly the same for VPP and non-VPP deals. The selling price that is used to calculate your car's monthly payment would just be lower on a VPP.

Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 M56 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00235 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This program is only scheduled to run through March 31st. It is difficult to say what the April program will be like at this point.

Car_man
    Host
  • nrwaynenrwayne Posts: 45
    I now have five weeks to go on my current lease. I'd be interested in a 2011 M37x if the numbers work. My 2008 M35x, which is on a 24 month lease, is costing $550 plus tax. The MSRP was about $50,500 and if I recall correctly the net selling price on which the lease was based was about $2,500 below invoice. Although it'll be a couple of weeks before April numbers are available, I expect that the loyalty incentive, if there is one, may help make for a doable deal. I'm prepared to pay more, but not through the nose. My last two leases have both been for 24 months and I'd be interested in the same term for the new lease, especially since the Infiniti and other hybrids will be available within that time. Given the mpg of the M, I have little interest in subsidizing the gas companies as heavily as I have been over the last four years.
  • Hey Car_man,

I don't suppose you have the complete lease rates for M37 and M56, in both regular, Sport, and AWD, for all of the lease terms? It's about time to dust off the 'ol spreadsheet again and see what makes the best deal. :)
  • In a related note Carman, do you know what the "Special Lease Deals" that Infiniti is offering on the new Ms? I'm looking for Money Factor and Residual on a M56.
    Mahalo
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,077
    Recently lease a car? A reporter wants to hear about the deal you struck. Please email [email protected] by Wed, Mar 24, 2010 with a few words about your negotiation and/or incentive deal.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• I should have been more specific last night (too much wine).

I'm looking for MFs and Residuals on M56 and M56x for 36 or 39 months with 15K miles/year.

Thanks again
    M56 36/15k = 56% (MF range between .00193 to .00465 depending on credit)
    M56 39/15k = 53% (MF range between .00185 to .00465)

M56x 36/15k = 55% (MF range between .00195 to .00465)
    M56x 39/15k = 52% (MF range between .00189 to .00465)
  • ram60ram60 Posts: 20
    Hello, I am rolling out of a 24 month lease on an 08 m35 sport /tech and just received the following offer.

2011 M 37 Premium Package with Nav MSRP $ 50,840
    Capitalized cost $45,888 (Includes all Owner Loyality inputs)
    Residual 55% Money Factor .00194 39 month term 15 k annual mileage

Turns out to be $620, per month plus Tax
    1 st month payment and Tag total out the door.

How does this deal compare with the Best and Brightest that have come across this forum? I prefer the 24 month lease but the dealer insist there is no longer such a thing.

Thanks in advance P.S. Does anyone have a handy spreedsheet for comparing the various lease combinations?
  • hellye1hellye1 Posts: 22
    In what state did you get such a deal? I thought they are not offering loyalties on the new M.

Please provide more info on the deal.

Thanks!
    I feel like a broken record.....but you should take advantage of Multiple Security Deposits to lower the mf by .0001 for each security deposit...up to 9. If your dealer says it's not offered, have him read his leasing manual. It is NOT a capitalized cost reduction paid up front...it is a security deposit refundable at the end of your lease.

I would be very surprised (shocked) if the 24 mo lease wasn't still available although it might not be the best deal. You should definitely have the dealer run both the 36 and 39 month cases though..,don't take the dealer's word that one is less than the other..,.because the residual and perhaps the mf change between the two terms.
  • OK, time for my dumb question of the month: Is the residual value calculated off of the MSRP, invoice, or actual price paid (if below invoice)?

Thank you!