Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volvo XC90 Lease Questions

Comments

• joycoloristjoycolorist Member Posts: 10
    I'm not getting the navigation in my package but I get 15k miles for 479. Who are you dealing with? I can't believe I have to put 1000 dollars more down and that is minus my 500 customer loyalty discount. I heard on the radio they are offering 379 or 389 a month you should ask them about that. It wasn't through RVC directly but Volvo is ofering it.
  • zkaudiozkaudio Member Posts: 60
    Joycolorist is that lease based on an 07 or 06 model? and also, do you know where information can be found on all of the current promotions volvo is running? Thanks
  • 23109vc23109vc Member Posts: 218
    what is the best deal anyone has seen on an 06 V8?
    This was posted on www.swedespeed.com regarding a deal recently made on an 06 V8 lease deal:

"Terms were zero cap reduction and $388/month (plus tax is $407) for 15K miles per year. $1400 out of pocket included refundable security deposit and first payment. All this for a $50K car!

I never lease. But this deal was so good it did not make sense to buy."

is that realistic? that sounds REALLY good.
  • cabaistecabaiste Member Posts: 31
    I also live in the Metro NY area and got the following deal from my dealer:
    2007 XC90 3.2 AWD with Metallic Paint, Premium, Versatility and Cold Weather Packs from my local NJ dealer for $358 per month with $0 down payment, $400 sec deposit, $595 bank fee and first month payment due at signing. I did not get the NAV package. My search of inventories in the area indicated that there were LOTS of 2007 configured with the options I got, making a lease deal a lot easier to work. Email me if you want the dealer specifics.
    cabaiste, I have emailed you twice buddy! pm me on here for my email address, I'd like to get some advice from you! Thanks
    It was based on an 07 model. You can only get the information through a dealer. If you go to the website it tells you to contact your local dealer for promotions. Tell me what you find.
  • dantanndantann Member Posts: 23
    $2100 down for 10500k/Year, 24months and $289/month before tax!

sound familiar to anyone?

if so, does anyone know if they are extending it past tomorrow?
    What is the best deal any one has gotten on a XC90 07 24months with 3rd row Climate, Versatility , Premium, and Convenience packages with blue tooth. I need to know as soon as possible because I have to go to the dealer today
  • userlauserla Member Posts: 10
    I just picked up a dealer demo vehicle on Monday, but used a deal from another dealership they had on new ones.

$5200 down (our choice, could have been lower)
    24 month
    versatility (inc. 3rd row w/ climate)
    premium
    NO convenience package
    mine had bluetooth, but not sure about the new ones

$321/month inc. tax
    i just got the following offer and am not sure if I can push him anymore, what u guys think:

24 month lease,
    15,000 miles a year,
    $2,149 drive off (1st months, DMV fee, acquisition fee and security deposit)
    monthly payments of $396 + tax. On above average approved credit.
    This lease is for a 2007 XC90 3.2 equipped with premium and versatility packages.
    where are you from? how much is your payment going to be after tax?
    Are there any other options added or any other packages and are you getting the 3rd row?
    I'm in ca so I guess the payment will be 397 x 1.0825...

versatility includes 3rd row and rear ac i believe... i really dont want the 3rd row, but guy says residual is better on the 3rd row models, hence the smokin payment.
    I'm in DC and lookings at $2806.58 down and $337.18/month for an '07 XC90 3.2AWD with Premium, Climate and Versatility.

Does that sound like a good deal?
    I just got offered what seems too good to be true, I'll share.

2007 xc90 3.2 w/ premium and metallic pnt

1k down
    375/mo+tax
    24 month
    15k miles per year...

i'm going down there to sign, I hope it's not a bait and switch lol.
    Too Good!!! Grab it. I'm in NY and with the same thing down customer loyalty( because it's my 3rd Volvo) and 15k miles I'm paying 480 I'm really mad but I can't get him to do any better I should have gone somewhere else.
    So long story short, this guy accidentally gave me the price of an 06 model... he put in writing though and confirmed twice before I drove down there that it was an 07. Guy was EXTREMELY good and worked with managers for 2 hrs to honor the deal so I wouldn't think he bait and switched me. Ended up getting a little higher than my previous deal, but still an amazing deal. The guy is the BEST car salesman I have ever bought from.
  • ekcekc Member Posts: 32
    That sounds like a pretty good deal.

Where did you get this deal? Where you able to get it after the end of August?
    Unfortunately the deal fell through and did not run through August, so now I'm essentially sh*t out of luck.
  • qwert543qwert543 Member Posts: 3
    Are any of the subsidized lease offers still available on the XC90? I'm talking specifically about the super-low and super-high money factor and residual on the 24 month lease. Thanks for your help.
  • l00q6227l00q6227 Member Posts: 16
    2nd one- I owned the first one. Salesmen are shady. I got offered 18k for my trade and got them to do 22,500. Unreal.
  • joep0000joep0000 Member Posts: 11
    I leased a vehicle in northern New Jersey:
    2007 Volvo XC90 with V-8, and some options.
    I gave the dealership a down payment on Sept 2, 2006 to initiate the lease. I do not know if the same lease program is still available. My experience at the dealership was good.
    MSRP was $51,147.
    Invoice price was $47,830.
    My lease is:
    24 months
    15k miles per year
    Residual is 73%
    Money factor is .00152.
    This program was through Volvo and seemed to be the best program that Volvo was offering at the time.
    My sale price was about $47,430 ($400 below invoice).
    I was able to get a better deal than normal on the sale price of the vehicle because it was a demo with a few miles on it.
    No cap cost reduction. The only money that I put down was for the inception fees (about $2200, which included security deposit).
    My payment is $585 per month (includes 7% NJ sales tax).
    If you were able to lease the same vehicle under the same program for $500 above invoice, I calculate that your payment would be:
    $629 ($588 plus the .07% NJ sales tax)
    If you were able to lease the same vehicle under the same program for $1,000 above invoice, I calculate that your payment would be:
    $653 per month ($611 plus the .07% NJ sales tax)
    I hope this info is helpful.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Chris. It would be much easier for me to evaluate this deal if I had this vehicle's full MSRP and selling price. These numbers will show me how much of a discount you are being given on your car and they will enable me to estimate what its monthly payment should be. Consumer should always know what these numbers are before they agree to lease a vehicle.

I am not familiar with how well the XC90's tires wear. I suspect that they would last for the entire length of a 2 month, 15,000 mile per year lease if you rotate them on a regular basis, but I don't know that for certain. You may be able to get additional feedback on this vehicle's OEM tires by visiting the following discussions: "Volvo XC90 -- Unusual Tire Wear Issues" or "Volvo XC90 SUV".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Yes, shellz, I believe that the $4,000 in cash incentives that I mentioned would be compatible with the lease program that you mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi dhogue1. In August, the 2006 Volvo XC90 had $2,000 bonus cash plus $2,000 conquest / loyalty cash for a total of $4,000 in cash incentives available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • redhead4redhead4 Member Posts: 16
    CAR MAN,
    I am interested in a 24 month, 10.5K mile lease on a 2007 XC90 3.2 AWD (with Premium, Versatility and Climate). I am in CT and the current offer is:
    MSRP = $45,075
    Cap Cost = $42,200
    Residual = 75% = $33,806.25
    Money Factor = 0.00071 (1.7% APR)
    Money Down $1,900 (includes 1st month and security)
    Monthly payment = $478 (including sales and CT property tax).

I see there is a $2,575 manufacturer to Dealer incentive in CT. Should I be able to combine the incentive with this lease deal and get a Cap Cost of around $40K?
    Also, why does Volvo add the property tax into the lease in CT (I'll end up paying interest on a tax???)
  • ursusursus Member Posts: 128
    "why does Volvo add the property tax into the lease in CT" - they do the same in other states with personal property taxes. Actually, this way is better for you, otherwise you'd pay much more every year. I understand that they calculate the average property tax in your state and add it to you lease.
    Thanks for this information "ursus". That's the same thing that the dealer said but I wanted to double check :-)
  • qwert543qwert543 Member Posts: 3
    Are there regional incentives? Some users (redhead4) report $2575 in manufacturer incentives, but I'm having difficulty convining my dealer....
  • angel12angel12 Member Posts: 1
    We are wanting to lease 2007 xc90 w premium, versatility and DVD. The dealership here told us the acquisition fee of $895.00 is not negotiable, but I've seen other people on here get for 500.00 or so. Does anyone know?
    Also, does this seem like a good lease:
    2007 xc90 FWD with premium, versatility and DVD
    price: 41995.44
    Residual:73%
    Acq fee: $895.00
    $ factor: .00045
    Sec. deposit: $500.00
    Miles: 12,000 year
    Term: 24 months
    Initial cash: $1210.92 (includes title/registration, security deposit,1st month payment)
    monthly payment: $480.42
    Also, they say there is a $250.00 non-negotiable advertising fee (included in purchase price). Are people paying this?
    Also, does anyone know what the residual/money factor might be in 7-8 weeks on this car? The dealership is going to have to order it from the factory, and say they can't lock in the money factor/residual until 1 week before it arrives (roughly 8 weeks from now). Does this all sound kosher?
    Thanks
  • bendotorgbendotorg Member Posts: 7
    Dealing with Dyer & Dyer Volvo in Atlanta.

Option 1:
    2007 XC90 with no packages/xtras (pick black or white color) 10.5mi/yr and 24months for $1300 OOP and $406/mo (including taxes).

Option 2:
    2007 XC90 with premium and versatility packages (pick black or white color) 10.5mi/yr and 24months for $1300 OOP and $441/mo (including taxes).

I'm a deal guy so much so that sometimes I worry more about getting the best possible deal rather than the best possible car! Anyway...wondering if anyone has been able to do better on this type of configuration...or anything else to add.

Thanks in advance...
    due to a salesman error, I got an 07 w/ premium and metallic paint for 1k drive off 397/mo (w/o taxes)
    Thanks for the info. After adding taxes (i estimated 7% for you which is what mine is) it sounds like my second option with premium and versatility is virtually the same deal. Within 10-15 bucks a month anyway it would seem.

I'm going to call a couple other dealers and see if anyone can do better...I'm guessing that will be the real test to see if I've gone as low as I can get.
    I think that all fees are negotiable, just depends upon how well the current month's sales have been (their real compensation these days comes from sales bonuses based upon number of units sold per month, rather than price). If they are having a slow month, they will be flexible on these fees.
    Our dealer started with an $895 acquisition fee but came quickly down to $595 (seems to be the average on this site) saying it was a "mistake" to have quoted $895.
    Also, I got them to waive the $250 advertising fee since I threatened to go to another dealer nearby who didn't include this fee in the invoice price they were quoting (check on Edmunds TMV for the invoice price without Ad Fee).
    I don't think that anyone will be able to know what incentives are going to be offered 2 months from now (they change at least once a month). I believe that he dealer is right that you can't lock today's deal in until you actually take delivery of the vehicle.
    we got an '07 3.2 with Ice White and Sandstone Leather, Premium, Versatility, and Climate package for $2933 down (including everything) and $393/month (including %10 DC Usage tax)

If anyone has beaten this I'd love to know.
    Hard to tell apples to apples on things here but I received the following offer today here in Atlanta:

$1300 Out of Pocket
    $425.61/mo. inc. taxes

that is for '07 with climate, premium, versatility and wood steering wheel.

That works out to roughly $460/mo (including the part of OOP that wasn't the first month's payment) so it seems as though that might be slightly better than what you negotiated which I am calculating at approx. $498/mo.

BTW...this is from Gwinnett Place Volvo in Atlanta.
  • jbran49jbran49 Member Posts: 1
    what is your mileage program cost.also what is the msrp vs the selling price
    10.5k mi/yr. (24 mo/term).

Don't have MSRP and negotiated amounts with me.
    For the benefit of others here, here is what I wound up with on my just completed lease. I feel as though I did good...not sure if great (leave that up to others here to decide). This was completed at Dyer & Dyer in Atlanta.

2007 XC90 3.2f total MSRP $43,975
    (includes titanium grey metallic paint, climate, premium, versatility, 18" camulus allow wheels and $695 destination charge)

24 month lease, 10.5k miles/yr.

$1300 Out of Pocket (includes $425 refundable security deposit, first payment, tax, tags, some profit for dealer?, etc.).

Monthly payments of $397.19. (with tax of 7% for me it was $424.99).

other stuff that may be useful:
    My gross cap cost was $41,276.73.
    residual value - $32,541.50
    I think they said my residual percentage was 74%.
    I also believe my money factor was .00045.

Here's to the power of the Internet and information sharing for the benefit of us consumers.
  • jana822jana822 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car-Man,

Could you please help me out & let me know if this is a good deal... I'm confused to say the least. I was offered something lower & now the salesman seems to be giving me the run around:

2007 Volvo XC90 2.5 awd
    Premium Package
    Versatility Package
    Premium Sound Package
    MSRP: $42,825
    Price: $41,200. (I think. I'm reading off a lease worksheet)

LEASE
    24 months $437.64
    45,000 Total Miles
    $4,823 Due at Signing

Residual: .72
    ACQ Fee: 795.00

I've read on here that some have just put down O.O.P of 1300. & it seems they have had a better price.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Jana in Jersey
    :confuse:
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    Oh yeah? Are they gonna offer a sign and drive deal with 0.00001 money factor and 75% residual, 24 months? If so I will do it.
  • ndurickndurick Member Posts: 5
    here is the offer i have. 05 t6 xc90 with climate package. 13k for miles, blue in color.

34900 is price
    giving me 9000 for my jeep which i owe 13 on, and they are paying off the jeep

i think residual is 21 or 22k

quotes a 39mos lease 15k miles for 599 month including taking jeep off my hands.

let me know what you think

thanks much
    Sounds like a very bad deal to me. The current lease deal on new 2007 XC90's is much better (close to 0%) from Volvo themselves. If you have a trade-in as well then you should get a great deal, say under $450 per month.
  • ndurickndurick Member Posts: 5
    but the lease deal on the 07 people are quoting are 10k miles...most are 450 or so, but remember i have 4k in negative equity..giving me 9k for jeep i owe 13k.

so i am rolling in about 115 per month over 39 mos to cover that neg equity...that puts my true lease down around 480

better?
  • 23109vc23109vc Member Posts: 218
    in august i saw smokin deals on the V8s. i called a few dealers and they are all saying that the deals on 07s are better. i guess once sept hit, the residuals got recalculated or something..and now the deals on 06 aren't that great.

i see a lot of people worrying about MSRP, money factor..and everyone saying DON'T look at th emonthly payment. BUT if I just want to drive it for 2 years and get rid of it when the lease is up, why do I care what the rsidual is, or the money factor. as long as I calculate the monthly payment and keep the total out of pocket the same - then the less i pay per month, the cheaper i get the car for.
    Hi redhead4. Unfortunately, the dealer cash that is currently available on the '07 XC90 is not compatible with its special lease program. Volvo does not decide what taxes are charged on leased vehicles, this is completely up to the state that you live in. You may be able to pay the property tax at lease signing rather than roll it into your vehicle's capitalized cost if you want to, but given the fact that you risk losing that money if your vehicle is in an accident and the fact that you will only be paying around 4.5% interest on it I personally would be inclined to just roll it into the monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello qwert543. The dealer cash that you mentioned does exist, but unfortunately it is not compatible with Volvo Finance's special lease program. It is only available on vehicles that are paid for with cash or leased / financed through an independent bank.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi angel12. Volvo Finance charges an acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Individual dealers cannot waive this fee, however they are allowed to mark it up to add additional hidden profit to deals. The last time that I saw it, Volvo Finance's base lease acquisition fee was only $595. It appears as though the dealer you are working with is trying to mark your truck's fee up by $300.

The money factor that you were quoted for the XC90 that you are interested in leasing looks good to me. Try stopping by the following discussion for feedback on the selling price that you were quoted: "Volvo XC90: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Volvo Finance's September lease program for the XC90 is scheduled to run through the end of today, October 2nd. If you check back with me later this week, I can give you an idea of what its new October program is like and tell you how long it is scheduled to run for.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new XC90, bendotorg. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Real world examples of leases like yours are always very helpful to community members who are in the market for similar vehicles. Enjoy your new ride.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Jana. In your post you mentioned that you are interested in a 2007 XC90 2.5, but there is no such thing. Did you mean to say the XC90 3.2 or the V8? Either way, it looks like you are getting a reasonable discount on this model to me, other than the fact that the dealer that you are working with is trying to mark up Volvo Finance (I am assuming that this is the bank you are leasing through) base acquisition fee by $200. Anyhow, let me know the exact model that you are getting and whether it is the 5-Passenger or a 7-Passenger version and I can tell you what Volvo Finance's current lease program is like.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • fluid15fluid15 Member Posts: 60
    Thanks to everyone who's been posting, this has been a good forum for information. We almost went with the Audi Q7, but I didn't quite like their system of throwing everying into option packages. So we went with a 24 mo. lease. This gives us the opportunity to see how the new Q7 & X5 hit the market.

My deal: 2007 XC90 3.2
    - Metallic paint
    - AWD
    - Premium
    - Versatility
    - Convenience
    - Climate
    - BiXenon headlights
    MSRP: $46,907

Dealer Add-ons:
    - Wood dash
    - Front window tint
    - Supplemental Advertising ($250)
    CAP COST: $44,236

Residual: 72% (15k/yr)
    MF: 0.00077
    Acq. Fee: $600
    Doc Fee: $240

Monthly Payment = $536.20 / mo.

Dealer was in AZ, overall experience was very good. They were straightforward and pleasant to deal with. Only "surprise" was the Supplemental Advertising fee by Finance, looking back I should have denied this since it wasn't in the original deal.
This discussion has been closed.