Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GL-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ms09ms09 Member Posts: 112
    But i dont get 1 thing whenever i see the X5 or X3 i feel i am looking at a old retired car, dont know why , i think the design it's a disaster design,,,what r bmw thinking when they make cars ,,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In large suv i say GL the best the greatest the best looking
    ,2nd i will say the Q7......

But as far is reliability is concern i think toyotas are the best,specially in the suv the land cruiser ,,,My friends my cousins my uncle they all own it,,

So i can't be wrong abt the land cruiser its the best of the best reliable car,,,and the next generation is coming end of the year
  • mmoreno1978mmoreno1978 Member Posts: 106
    Was going by looks. They look almost EXACTLY alike.

Darn German designers must have been spending some time over in Japan. LOL
  • gls69gls69 Member Posts: 24
    As her hobby my wife trains golden retrievers for hunting and obedience. They travel to hunting tests mostly in cages in her truck. Since they are used to this they are calmer in cages, and she thinks safer in a crash.

Therefore, when I take them in the GL, I put a blanket or sheet down in the back and two cages side by side. This prevents smudges or stains on the interior, but I still have to vacuum because they shed.

PS When they are coming out of a muddy pond with a duck, they ride in her Toyota Tundra. After she gives them a bath they can ride in the GL.
  • gege7754gege7754 Member Posts: 6
    I am looking to buy this

Exterior Color: Alabaster White
    Interior Color: Macadamia Leather
    Wood Trim: Burl Walnut Wood Trim
    Class IV Trailer Hitch
    iPod Integration
    Bi-Xenon Curve-Illuminating Headlamps and Heated Headlamp Washers
    Leather Upholstery with Burl Walnut Wood Interior Trim and Interior Ambient Lighting
    P1: Premium I

MSRP is $63,590. Does any dealer want to show me a price?

Please email me. Thanks
  • lovemygllovemygl Member Posts: 2
    I think that most dealers will give you 6% off sticker. I just bought one and had no problem with that number with a few dealers. My problem was finding the car I wanted.
    Does anyone know how to work the ipod integration? I got it and can't figure it out. It seems like it does nothing.
  • erawaterawat Member Posts: 4
    Interested in a GL 450 with Premium package P1, Sunroof package, with a Rear View Camera and Voice Controls.

Got a quote for Gl 450 my color ( both ext and int). with Premum Package P1,
    Sunroof Package,
    Rear View Camera,
    Trailer Hitch
    Running Board

MSRP $ 63875
    Quote $58500
    Invoice is $59,458
    Consumer Reports bottom line price is $57833

also include a $750 shipping fees.

Is this a good price. Are folks getting better deals, if people could share. I am going to commit in the next week.
    Thanks for the prompt reply.
    bapa
    My deal is very similar to glfan. Getting about $1000 below invoice. Want to get about 1500 below invoice. Will be pushing the dealer for either that or get a very bluetooth puck, mudguard and MB floor mats.

Currently the quote is for
    GL 450
    Metallic paint.
    P1 Premium Package
    Sunroof package
    Trailer hitch
    Rear View Camera
    Running board
  • revets2revets2 Member Posts: 21
    thanks gls69. i have two large dogs as well, yellow lab & dutch shepherd who don't do well in cages, but your post was most insightful and i appreciate your response. happy birding!
    i've got a listing for IRG Partcipation on the copy of the invoice on the GL we're negotiating. the MB code is 905. does anyone know what this is?
  • wopelwopel Member Posts: 92
    Speaking of dogs - I have an R Class and 3 20lb dogs. I got 2 cargo dividers and put down the middle seats and that is their "crate". The one divider is behind the front seats and the other is behind the downed middle seats. Needless to say, they could go in the far back, but...
    Unfortunately the new dividers are not nearly as nice as the ones I have had in my E wagons - they were much, much nicer.
  • gege7754gege7754 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks very much for all your replies. Much appreciated. Having research it further, I think I may be more interested in a GL320 CDI...do you think you can get the same sort of discounts? i.e. $1000 below invoice?
    our GL is in. we're negotiating. can anyone with an Appearance Pkg. tell me if there are two crossbars to attach a cargo carrier? i can't believe i didn't think of this before. i'm not really in the mood to buy ugly aftermarket crossbars!
  • wopelwopel Member Posts: 92
    If you live anywhere near Maryland, Euro Motor Cars in Bethesda does not have an upcharge for any diesel.
  • ericfeltericfelt Member Posts: 2
    When I inquired at Euro Motor Cars last month their Costco price for any non-diesel GL was dealer invoice + $0, but they were not willing to sell the GL 320 CDI at that price. They insisted on full MSRP for the diesel model. Has anyone actually paid under dealer invoice for a GL 320 CDI, or know of a dealer willing to sell one for under dealer invoice?
    hi glfan...

first, thanks. your info has been really helpful. we've been working with the fleet guys at penske. they've been great. AAA automatically negotiates $500 off of invoice.

picking up the OB/B that we ordered tomorrow with:
    PI
    Appearance
    Lighting
    Sunroof
    Back-Up Cam
    Voice Contro
    Trailer Hitch
    Running Boards
    Keyless Go
    IPod

dealer invoice says $63,745 including trans and ad fee.
    leasing 39 mos/15k
    fleet mgr wants to use money factor of .0027 (not.00245), would like to change this back to .00245
    cap cost negotiated to $62,300
    bank fee = $795
    after tax he gets 844.45. i get 791.33 on my leaseguide.com spreadsheets.

i'm running glfan's deal through my calculator and i can't figure out how you got $736.10 ($680 + 8.25% tax)with $4100 down. can you explain? also, did they use .00245 money factor?

thanks!
  • exhaloprezexhaloprez Member Posts: 6
    Hi. Is AAA the auto club and is it Penske in West Covina? Lastly, does your figures include a cap reduction of $4100?

Thanks.
    Hi. Is AAA the auto club and is it Penske in West Covina?
    Yes, AAA is the auto club and Penske is in West Covina.

Lastly, does your figures include a cap reduction of $4100?

no. i am referring to posts #34 to #37. we're actually not going to put anything down at all. just first payment, tax & license.

Thanks.
    no problem. good luck
    glfan...

i got your numbers to work on 10k mi/yr. was that your lease?
    Guys: Can someone please reply back double quick.

I received paperwork from my dealer yesterday. The contract says it is a RETAIL INSTALLMENT SALES CONTRACT. Plus the dealer ran my credit report ( no problem there Credit score was 797). stating that it is standard operations whenever a someone buys a new car.

I am buying the car ( GL 450) out of state. I am using my own credit union. The Retail Installment Sales Contract has only the car price and document fees. It does not have any APR or Penalty information. Is the Retail Installment Sales Contract - A "BILL OF SALE".

I suspect I am suckered into dealer financing which I do not want. Can someone please reply and let me know.

Thanks,
    Bapa
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    You should already have an invoice with all the charges. That should be given to your CU to cut a check for the dealer. He is not going to let you out the door without the money from your bank or CU. It sounds like they are doing a loan. Then you would have to pay off the loan company along with a months interest or more. Better talk to your CU before you sign anything. I buy out of state most of the time. I take the money with me and have all that in writing before I get on the plane. It is real risky just going a long distance and finding out they are going to try and charge you more than agreed upon over the phone. I hate phone deals anyway. Get it IN Writing or email.
  • matyamatya Member Posts: 2
    What dealer you recommend that will sell a GL450 under invoice?
  • jp666jp666 Member Posts: 15
    I want the GL but hesistant to buy and would prefer they work the kinks out so will wait for 2008 model. Anyone know when the 2008 models will appear on the lots ?
    Send penske motor cars in West Covina, CA an email.

search for penske motor cars West Covina on google and you shall seek the path of below invoice GL's. :shades:
  • rolnitzkyrolnitzky Member Posts: 3
    I have a '08 GL450 on order with a July delivery date.
    I don't know what the difference is gonna be.

They do come out with the '08 GL550, so that should actually be the shining star.
  • identiflyeridentiflyer Member Posts: 2
    I went to the dealership to order a 2008 GL320 CDI (diesel), but ended up driving out a GL450 as my wife liked it so much.

The diesels are really hot, and none of the dealers had a GL with diesel. So, I looked at the GL450 (gas model), test drove an ML320 (diesel) to get a feel of the diesel engine, and was going to place an order for 2008 GL320 to be delivered in August.

But my wife wanted to drive home the GL450 we saw as she liked it so much. I know I did not get a great deal like you guys out there, but here is what I paid. I wanted the basest of options and the model we saw had exactly those, with just the Rear Seat Entertainment as a dealer add on.
    Paid $58,000 (+ $4,000 TTL = $62K) for:
    Sun Roof package, Ipod integration kit, Running Boards, Power Liftgate and Rear Seat Entertainment (2 different DVDs can be watched).

I was initially looking for a Lexus GX470 and the lowest quote I got from the local dealers is $46K while most folks in southern cal were getting the same for about $44K.
  • mcho3mcho3 Member Posts: 37
    i live in seattle and they are telling me that they can have it ready for me July msrp 68,000. take about 2k off
    mf of .00395, residual of 58 for 39months, and 67 for 27months. with 10k/year. payment was around 1150 + tax for 39 months and 1300 + tax for 27 months. dive off of 1800 about. i know this is very high and do you guys know of the MF for this car and is residual right? thanks
    i am thinking maybe i should get GL450 since there appears to be more room for negotiation.
  • matyamatya Member Posts: 2
    MF i was quoted last month was .00245 which I was told is without a dealer markup
  • tmttmt Member Posts: 1
    I just negotiated a deal for 2007 GL450, Iridium Silver (+$700), Premium Package, Appearance Package, Sunroof, Dual Screen Entertainment, Running Boards, IPod, and Bluetooth for $63K. The dealer has to go out of state to get the vehicle. Somebody comfort me and let me know that I got a decent deal.
  • philtsphilts Member Posts: 3
    rolnitzky,
    Have you gotten the delivery yet? Could you please post your experience with this deal? I suppose you don't get much off MSRP if you factory order the car.
    Not yet,

I originally ordered a '07 model after I was gonna leave the dealer as he couldn't find my specs, but then he called me back saying that the running boards are no longer being made for the '07 model, so I agreed to wait for the 08 model with the same $3000 off MSRP.
    No word yet.
  • abhikuabhiku Member Posts: 124
    Do someone know what's the diff. between GL450 and 2008 GL550?

There is major diff. in price tag of both.
    I am now being offered the '08 GL450 36/mo with a mf of .00260, is it a good deal.
  • sonu2176sonu2176 Member Posts: 1
    I am MD resident and booked my GL450 with P1, dual seat entertainment and Ipod Integration Kit for $62,500. Going to pick this truck on satuday. Not sure if I got the gr8 deal after reading this forum but please advise me if I am paying too much for this so I can research further.
    Thanks
  • rmianrmian Member Posts: 1
    My local dealer quoted me $67,500 plus tax and plates for a 2008 GL450 with Premium 2, 19" wheels, dual DVD w/wireless headsets, bluetooth, ipod integration, trailer hitch and running boards.

Edmunds indicates this car is going at MSRP and this deal appears to be under.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
  • coastal2coastal2 Member Posts: 11
    Can anyone tell me what is the current MF for leasing gl450 for 36mos with 15k/yr?
    Thanks in advance!!
  • jp666jp666 Member Posts: 15
    Live in Philadelphia Suburbs

Purchased GL450, PO1 Premium Package, Rear Seat Entertainment package, Ipod Integration, 18" wheels for 62,900. Its below MSRP but higher than what I thought could negotiate. It will take a month for delivery.
  • mmoreno1978mmoreno1978 Member Posts: 106
    Great Truck!!! MB is just not able to build them fast enough.
  • aquaoceanaquaocean Member Posts: 1
    Dealer quoted me $47,770 on a pre-owned gl450-2007 with 12,000 miles/1 owner.

alabaster white
    sunroof
    trailer hitch
    6 disc cd

Not much option, but I'm thinking okay if it's a good deal.
    I'm wondering if I should spend a little more and get a loaded gl450 or gl320-cdi(this would be a lot more $) I'm a novice buyer. I would really appreciate your opinions.
    Thank you.
  • brywbryw Member Posts: 9
    Just closed deal on Iridium Silver w/ ash mb tex interior. prem 1 package, ipod connection, 19" wheel package, voice control and 2 zone climate control. My otd price is 65,000.00. It took me 7 dealers and 2 weeks to get it done but I think I got a good deal. Any thoughts?
  • eastoncarguyeastoncarguy Member Posts: 29
    I just purchased a 2008 GL320 on 10/31. After dealing with all of the dealers in the Atlanta Metro area, RBM of Atlanta North is by far the best.

Several of the dealers didn't even bother to respond to e-mail. The dealership is brand new. They have only been open for a month. It was by far one of the best car buying experiences that I have had. I would recommend them to anyone within driving distance.

E-mail if you are interested in the salesman's name.
  • lbibumlbibum Member Posts: 7
    Can you give us some details on the deal ?
    GL 320 CDI

PP1

iPod Integration

Rear Seat Entertainment

MSRP $63,220

Deal $59,700 + TTL

Plus I had a trade that they beat by several thousand from any other dealer on multiple makes including Lexus and BMW.
  • andy1993andy1993 Member Posts: 26
    can you let me know from whom did you buy. I need gl450 with PP2, voice, ipod, running board, leather package, keyless go. total mrsp 71680(approx). How much to pay?

thanks,

andy
  • andy1993andy1993 Member Posts: 26
    I live in alabama and have an interest in GL450, pp2, voice, ipod, running bard, leather, keyless, ?dvd rear entertainment. please let me know the name of the dealer

thnaks

andy
    Andy-

Your e-mail is private so I can't post the salesman's name, but the dealer is RBM of Atlanta North in Alpharetta, GA.
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    Great deal. Our local MB dealer had a used GL320 CDI with 8k miles. Same package you bought. They were asking $82k for it. They cannot be bought new in CA so they are a real hot item.
  • anclaranclar Member Posts: 4
    I'm currently looking seriously at buying an '08 GL550. I have no idea at this point what to expect off inv or MSRP so any help would be appreciated. As of now I'm getting the standard dealer line about new model, not many around, demand high ,etc, etc. I need to know how true that is and what others experiences have been. As far as I can tell the 550 is the 450 with the 450 packages, the 382 HP engine, fender flares, and that huge MB logo on the grille. People here have been saying that they were getting 6% off inv for the 450. Thanks for any feedback.

Cheers,
    AnClar
  • bmwconvertbmwconvert Member Posts: 75
    6% off invoice or 6% off MSRP? I can believe the latter. The former seems too good to be true.
  • whigpartywhigparty Member Posts: 15
    I'm looking for 08 450 with all options...what prices should I expect?
    Is 6-7% off MSRP as realistic as a starting point of negotiating?
    Thanks to all your feedback
  • bmwconvertbmwconvert Member Posts: 75
    My understanding is that MSRB on these vehicles is exactly 7% above invoice. I got what I believe was an excellent deal on a loaded '08 GL450 w/ P2 package, paying 7% off sticker. Other dealers I shopped at told me 4-5% off invoice was considered very good on this vehicle.
    Region and time of year is definitely going to be a factor. Trying to get a deal in January in a northern location is probably going to be difficult (mitigated somewhat I suppose by the growing fear dealers are having about the economy).
    I purchased mine in the NY metro area in November.